Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by VOW

::: unlatching door, walking out, dripping a trail of blood from gashed knuckles :::

Peace and #)$*#$)&#&#
~VOW

Honestly, I don't know how you keep your head on and still read those threads. I don't know how many times I've seen you say the same things about Peter and the Catholic Church just to have people respond, "Well, that's not how I interpret the Bible. And I've got the Holy Spirit on my side". I want to respond "You've got something on your side, but it smells too bad to be the Holy Spirit", but I try to restrain myself on this forum, at least.

But you do good for the Catholics, so keep your head up. :) :)

-Chris

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It never will stop, will it. :sigh:

***pulls peroxide, Band-aids, and Neosporin from my ever present 'diaperless' bag, and begins to take care of VOW's hand***

I don't even feel comfortable at my son's baseball games anymore, because now that some of the other parents know I'm Catholic, they've made it pretty plain how they feel about the Church and 'child-molesting priests'. One father even said it was a good thing the Coach wasn't Catholic, or he wouldn't let his son out of his sight in the dugout. It was all I could do to hold my head up and not cry through their last game. It's just not right. :cry:

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by ZooMom

I don't even feel comfortable at my son's baseball games anymore, because now that some of the other parents know I'm Catholic, they've made it pretty plain how they feel about the Church and 'child-molesting priests'. One father even said it was a good thing the Coach wasn't Catholic, or he wouldn't let his son out of his sight in the dugout. It was all I could do to hold my head up and not cry through their last game. It's just not right. :cry:

That's awful, Sandy. I'm so sorry.

Michelle

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, you guys. I was so hurt I couldn't think of a thing to say. And I'm angry, because now I won't feel comfortable there and won't be able to enjoy watching my son play. I thought about just taking my own chair and sitting apart from the bleachers, but that seems so cowardly. I'm just miserable about it. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
It's sad that people feel the need to "convert" Catholics.

I am tired of people couching Catholic bashing in polite words and vague implications. And of course when we call them on it other people respond with "Geez, you can't even ask questions about Catholicism or you get accused of 'catholic bashing'". :(

-Chris

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why would it be cowardly to sit by yourself, ZooMom? I'd do it in a heartbeat. After all, you don't want anything to rub off on them, and we all know that Catholics smell.....

Morons. I am so tired of dealing with these people who let the 6:30 PM news do their thinking for them and have I.Q.s several points lower than your average house plant.

Next time, you should shrug and say, "I can't be bothered with the opinions of someone who can't distinguish between pedophilia and ephebophilia," and see what he says then.

VOW: "I put duct tape on my sneakers
When they start to fall apart;
And since you've gone and left me
I put duct tape on my heart;
I got the Duct Tape Blues....."

Duct tape is like the Force: it has a light side and dark side, and it holds the universe together. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.