Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Steadfast Thank's for the invitation to vent in here!

Heh.

You can take the recommendation to "chill" quite literally!

(plenty of "antifreeze" in here, too. I recommend ZooMom's "Irish Tea")

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

hopeee

Mar 8, 2002
✟596.00
Vow, In what thread did anyone say that you are for preists molesting children? I have never read anything like this.....Could you please post this link?
If you are referring to our "essay" discussions yesterday on the other thread of The Celibacy Rule for Priests, I never said that.... and you know it...! I think you are twisting my words to make you feel sorry for yourself.
I am sorry that you think people are treating you bad..... I don't like when people treat me bad either..... But, your comments last night were very hurtful... Do you realize that you insulted all the Protestant Ministers out there who have families by saying " their kids are going to be on drugs and their lives are going to be ruined if their Father is a Minister.....!" Yes, Vow this is very hurtful! Maybe you should re-read your own posts so you can see how you come across to other people? :( Hope

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
originally posted by hope...

Do you realize that you insulted all the Protestant Ministers out there who have families by saying " their kids are going to be on drugs and their lives are going to be ruined if their Father is a Minister.....!"

Where did VOW say that 'all' Protestant Ministers children would end up on drugs and have ruined lives? From what I read she pointed out that it happens. But she didn't say that it happens ALL the time.

Michelle

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To Hope:

NONE of my references in this thread about attacks to me were about you. Look at the times, look at the dates, for Pete's sake! Wolseley and I took a thorough hosing in a thread about the scandal of the priests and a supposed coverup by the Church. I've also gotten blasted in other threads where people challenge the Catholic Church. You should look at some of the other areas on this board, and read through the threads, SEE what ZooMom, Wolseley, nyj, patriarch, avila, and others have had to contend with. The Catholics have taken a beating and as it is, we still have a hard time justifying a "separate forum" where we can go lick our wounds and recuperate.

You don't hurt me, Hope, you can't. You frustrate me. I have poured myself into my posts to you, to try to open your mind and educate you as to what your Catholic Church is really about. I put a great deal of thought, of research, and of preparation into each one. And you pick apart the posts to find things that "you don't agree with" and run away with them and "your opinion."

Religion isn't really about ANYONE's opinion.

All the scenarios I gave were hypothetical, just to get you to see something other than your side of the story. I never insulted Protestant ministers and their families! I also never recommended that priests marry strippers. The supposed "attacks" that you claim "hurt you" don't exist, there was merely an attempt to educate.

There are non-Catholics out there who delight in tearing apart the Church, and demeaning Catholic teachings. I'm here to share my love for God, and to try to share the wonderful things my Church has done for me, and what it can offer others. My Spiritual Gift is the ability to write, to use words, to present things in a way that makes it easy to understand. I enjoy doing this.

If you see my words as a personal attack, then perhaps YOU need to re-read my posts. There was no attack, either express or implied. I was educating, Hope.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0
Er... can we smoke in here? I'm sorry, but it is the only thing keeping me awake.

I hope you two can make up.

You know, the important thing to remember is that our Church is a Pilgrim Church. It is only on its way to a destination and it is not there yet. It is up to the Holy Spirit to get it there and it will get there.

Upvote 0

hopeee

Mar 8, 2002
✟596.00
Vow, Well I guess I should of looked at the dates.... Sorry for the mix-up. I am sorry I frustrate you.... I do respect your opinion. ;) I do understand my Church's Teachings..... this is why I am challenging them.... or you can just say debating them.. I did feel like you weren't taking my reasonings seriously. But, Maybe I just interpreted your words the wrong way.... I do like your posts...... I hope we still can be friends even though we disagree. ;) Let's just keep an open mind, and agree that not everyone thinks the same way.... Have a good day... :wave: Hope

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Um, you do realize, VOW, that at the end of Mary Shelly's novel, the North Pole was the general direction that Frankenstein's monster was heading.....

:eek: I think he's still out there somewhere.....be careful......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.