The Underailable Thread....Part Deux, the Sequel!!

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of being a teacher in another thread - how was your day, @gurneyhalleck1 (and any other teachers out there). I was with a class (two classes actually - half day each) that I've gotten to know pretty well as this is already the third time this year I've filled in for this teacher. And aside from some reading/vocabulary, we spent most of the day talking about 9/11. I realized it's the first time in all these years I've taught a related subject (social studies) to a group that was of the age to impress on them what happened (5th grade). Previously I've always had students that were too young to get into the details, or ones that already knew.

It was almost traumatic to me to have to go into those details and have those discussions. I wasn't prepared for how that would feel.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
c6f2a97a-1097-46df-9c2f-abb37da2e08e_thumb.jpg
images

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.