Victorville, California, CorpUSA
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
RND, of what use is "after the fact?"

Goes to Adam's thought process after he disobeyed God. If Adam didn't know what he had done was wrong there would have been no need to cover his nakedness or to hide from God.

In that he did these things it goes without saying he knew he was disobedient to God's commandment. No one's tries to cover something up if they think what they did was right.

Upvote 0

sentipente

Senior Contributor
Jul 17, 2007
Silver Sprint, MD
✟46,642.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Goes to Adam's thought process after he disobeyed God. If Adam didn't know what he had done was wrong there would have been no need to cover his nakedness or to hide from God.

In that he did these things it goes without saying he knew he was disobedient to God's commandment. No one's tries to cover something up if they think what they did was right.
Adam hid because he realized he was naked. He was not hiding from God as much as he was hiding his nakedness from his wife. Because they did not act as one they suddenly realized their differences.

We should not overlook God's actions in the story. He knew they had eaten the fruit and He knew they were hiding. It is not unimportant that His first concern was not about the fruit they had eaten.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I’ve often wondered what laws Adam and Eve broke in the garden. So I thought I’d list them….

• Thou shalt have no other gods before me
    • They violated this one by believing Satans words above Jehovah’s.
  • Honor they father and thy mother
a. they violated this one because God was their Father and they did not honor Him, but dishonored Him by disobedience.

3. Thou shalt not steal.
a. they stole the fruit from the tree of which God told them not to take of it

4. Thou shalt not covet
a. they coveted the fruit from the forbidden tree

If anyone can think of more—please add to them

Honor, with all that said....(Q#1)When do you think that Adam recieved the ten commandments?

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Adam hid because he realized he was naked.

What made him realize this?

He was not hiding from God as much as he was hiding his nakedness from his wife. Because they did not act as one they suddenly realized their differences.

I think their physical "nakedness" is symbolic for their "spirtual" nakedness. Once the realized what they had done the could clearly see the were no longer "covered" by God.

We should not overlook God's actions in the story. He knew they had eaten the fruit and He knew they were hiding. It is not unimportant that His first concern was not about the fruit they had eaten.

Oh, I agree fully. God knew that if they disobeyed their sin would separate themselves from God. They would involutarily unplug themselves from their only lifeline. I think we can see and understand God's disappointment in Genesis 3.

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Honor, with all that said....(Q#1)When do you think that Adam recieved the ten commandments?
It would be pure speculation of course to say when Adam received them, but I suspect that it was very soon after his creation. Maybe even before Eve's appearance.

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would be pure speculation of course to say when Adam received them, but I suspect that it was very soon after his creation. Maybe even before Eve's appearance.

Where does the Bible say that Adam ever received the Ten Commandments?

Upvote 0

Adventtruth

God is the Gospel!
Sep 7, 2006
Raliegh Durham North Carolina
✟18,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Thank you for admitting your speculation. You are just giving your opinion. Nothing in the bible that ever said Adam recieved the ten commandments including the Sabbath command. If you are RND says other wise its mere speculation to support your Sabbath worship. And your posting suggest that you are...and its just pure speculation, and conjecture on your part.

AT

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Give it to me in bible context please.

AT

I already have Brother AT:

Right here: http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=41921376&postcount=67

This post was in relation to this one by you: http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=41920920&postcount=65

EdMu-Buckwheat.jpg

"Hi, I'm Buttwheat, amember my posts?"

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where does the Bible say that Adam (n)ever received the Ten Commandments?

The burden of proof is on those who, in order to support their views of the Sabbath, make the claim that he did. Where is your biblical evidence?

Upvote 0

Adventtruth

God is the Gospel!
Sep 7, 2006
✟18,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that would mean then that God just happened to "remember" He made the sabbath and slapped it on the COI just because. In other words, the notion seems to suggest that God arbitrarily made the sabbath just for the COI, which I obviously don't agrre with.

And that is pure conjecture as well. It shows that you are not being true to the text, but reading your opinions and bias into the text to support your ideas.

No, but likewise I don't see any evidence that would lead me to believe that God made the requirement of the Sabbath just for the COI. Not when you consider He commanded non-Israelites to follow it, and the other commandments, as well.

Again...you're reading your bias into the text. There is multiple support that the Sabbath was given to the Israel nation alone after the exodus. It was a covenant sign that they belonged to God. If any body was of that covenant, they where required to keep the sign of that covenant which was the Sabbath. When that covenant ended, the sign of that covenant ended with it.

At

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Adventtruth

God is the Gospel!
Sep 7, 2006
✟18,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just happen to think the signs of God are interesting. Don't you?
ABSOLUTELY! What is the sign of the New Covenant (NOT the Old Covenant/10 Commandments - at least!)?

Then why did god require "non Israelites" to observe the sabbath as well?
Where did God require NON-Israelites (Gentiles) to
REST? When was it given to them as a sign of ANY covenant God made with THEM (Gentiles)?

So say you! Not GOD! Don't pretend to speak for GOD!

Neither are any of the other 9 of the 10 Commandments, but we can infer they existed right?
Infer? No, they are PLAINLY expressed by the Apostles, UNLIKE the command to keep the sign of the old covenant.

Those weren't expressed in writting either but yet we know that they were broken right?
No, they are PLAINLY 'expressed'. Please show us the New Testament COMMAND to keep the 7th day HOLY.

For example, Cain killed Abel right?
Yes, according to Moses he did.

How did Cain know murder was wrong if it wasn't written down for him?
Please PROVE that the 10 COMMANDMENTS were WRITTEN down BEFORE given at Sinai. If you can, then you'll have a partial leg to stand on (until you run into Jesus Christ!).

What criteria did God use to determine the antediluvian world was "only evil continually?" Doesn't it seem odd that God would destroy His creation without telling them they "broke the rules?"
Not at all. He's SOVEREIGN GOD! Are you in the position to give advice to GOD?

It is in that same light that we can generally assume that the Sabbath has been around since God created it.
Since God created it, how can it be ETERNAL?

In Christ alone...

Upvote 0

Adventtruth

God is the Gospel!
Sep 7, 2006
✟18,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Where does the Bible say that Adam (n)ever received the Ten Commandments?

Once again this proves you decide what is truth by your conjecture. You can't argue from bible alone, you have to argue from your own imagination of what you believe is correct, rather than the bible evidence.

AT

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The burden of proof is on those who, in order to support their views of the Sabbath, make the claim that he did. Where is your biblical evidence?

The fact that the Bible called God's rest on the seventh-day a sabbath by using the hebrew word shabath is all the prove I need.

Also, the Paul said that Adam "sinned."

Rom 5:12 ¶ Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no l

Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

The Bible says that "sin" is transgressing God's law.

1Jo 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Lastly, the Bible says that where there is law there is sin and where there isn't law there is no sin.

Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law [is] the knowledge of sin.

If we honestly add all this up that 1) Adam sinned + 2) He transgressed the law + 3) had knowledge of sin then we can only logically conclude that Adam knew the law of God.

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fact that the Bible called God's rest on the seventh-day a sabbath by using the hebrew word shabath is all the prove I need.

Also, the Paul said that Adam "sinned."

Rom 5:12 ¶ Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no l

Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

The Bible says that "sin" is transgressing God's law.

1Jo 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Lastly, the Bible says that where there is law there is sin and where there isn't law there is no sin.

Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law [is] the knowledge of sin.

If we honestly add all this up that 1) Adam sinned + 2) He transgressed the law + 3) had knowledge of sin then we can only logically conclude that Adam knew the law of God.
Then the Sabbath IS your gospel! It's all you need! But for CHRISTIANS the Gospel is something ENTIRELY different! Jesus is at the center!

Upvote 0