Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I thought Zechariah 14:12 sounds like nuclear ground zero and the millennial reign begins with the new Jerusalem being established
Who populates this new Jerusalem?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I guess Jesus calls that roll .. You think there will be a New Jerusalem established ?
My view of the new Jerusalem isn't in question.

I'm wanting to know from those who say it's a literal 1000 reign, who is being reigned over?

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I'm wanting to know from those who say it's a literal 1000 reign, who is being reigned over?

The whole Earth

The whole Earth ... Who do you think reigns now ?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The whole Earth

The whole Earth ... Who do you think reigns now ?
Are there non-believers being reigned over durning this literal 1000 years?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I can't understand this argument ... I am not as smart as ya'll so I had to go do some web surfing to find out what you are talking about.

Both of you seem a little bit off center ... the tribulations for the world is wide spread, but especially in Israel. If Israel is nuked it would be too hot for habitation for 1,000 years. Yet the 1,000 years reign of Jesus will be in Israel and called Meca by then.

So I would think sparing Israel from nuclear bombs would be in Gods wisdom, not that He couldn't clean it up of course. So with a little insight I see perhaps chemical and biological weapons and even air burst weapons with no radiation fallout being used against Israel. Many will still die, but the city will be clean enough for Christ to live for 1,000 years along with the first resurrection people and the saints.

The dome that protects Israel now could be the end of Israel as we know it today. If the enemy (Hamas is the main one now) should fire a rocket that contained the chemical warfare agents that were suppose to be destroyed by Syria then all hell would break lose with thousands contaminated and Israel left with no one to blame, no one to retaliate against if no one took credit that is.

Bluelion you almost had me fooled, uh? You just made up all of that stuff about the four horses and what they stand for or perhaps you are a prophet?

Your explanation of who the 144,000 are and where they come from does not match mine.

I found this:http://www.rapturenotes.com/amillennialism.html

This shift to what came to be called amillennialism began slowly during the second and third centuries, and then picked up steam until by the middle of the sixth century there were only a few remaining pockets of belief in a literal thousand-year kingdom on earth. Indeed, as Earle E. Cairns, professor emeritus at Wheaton College, points out, "The absence of premillennialism in the Middle Ages is as prominent as the absence of postmillennialism in the ante-Nicene church." (7) The dominance of amillennialism continued up to and beyond the Reformation, and only in the 19th century was the view of a literal thousand-year reign upon the earth revived. Just why did this shift from a literal kingdom of 1000 years to a spiritualized kingdom of unlimited duration occur in the early church?

The account is Ed Hindson, He is my dean. Look him up. No i did not make it up. Israel will not be hit with a nuclear weapon, but everywhere else will. America could be completely wiped out without the radiation affecting Israel at all. Same with Russia. Revelations 8:10
10 Then the third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from the sky, burning like a torch. It fell on one-third of the rivers and on the springs of water.11 The name of the star was Bitterness. It made one-third of the water bitter, and many people died from drinking the bitter water.

WHat do you think enters the waters? what is the torch? Its a nuclear weapon and the bitterness in the water is radiation.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The account is Ed Hindson, He is my dean. Look him up. No i did not make it up. Israel will not be hit with a nuclear weapon, but everywhere else will. America could be completely wiped out without the radiation affecting Israel at all. Same with Russia. Revelations 8:10
10 Then the third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from the sky, burning like a torch. It fell on one-third of the rivers and on the springs of water.11 The name of the star was Bitterness. It made one-third of the water bitter, and many people died from drinking the bitter water.

WHat do you think enters the waters? what is the torch? Its a nuclear weapon and the bitterness in the water is radiation.
There is nothing in scripture to support this view.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
That is not an argument care to make a real one?
I cannot disprove a negative. You are the OP and you are making claims. The burden is on you to support them.

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't ignore anything. The thousand years isn't literal. There's not two kingdoms, one when he was here and one later.

Jesus spent a lot of time explaining what the kingdom us like, not what it will be like. This is important to understand that the Millennium is figurative.
Kingdom of God is in us. At the same time Kingdom of Heaven is literally coming down and would breach this universe and overtake it.
We, in whom the Kingdom of God currently resides, are behind enemy lines waiting for the big guys to take the world from the enemy.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Everyone who received the mark yet did not worship the beast or image of the beast.
Jesus and Paul both discuss this age, and the age to come. Is the supposed 1000 year reign in this age, or the age to come?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jesus and Paul both discuss this age, and the age to come. Is the supposed 1000 year reign in this age, or the age to come?
I need to see their quotes.
But the 1000 years is a future literal event within the framework of our current age.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I need to see their quotes.
But the 1000 years is a future literal event within the framework of our current age.
Before you arbitrarily decide this is true, you should try to understand what's meant by this age and the age to come, and where the 1000 year reign falls.

And the quotes are in scripture. [emoji1]

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Before you arbitrarily decide this is true, you should try to understand what's meant by this age and the age to come, and where the 1000 year reign falls.

And the quotes are in scripture. [emoji1]
I am writing my own commentary on Revelation. But apparently I did not memorize the whole Bible. Since you refer to a text, quotations would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I am writing my own commentary on Revelation. But apparently I did not memorize the whole Bible. Since you refer to a text, quotations would be appreciated.
How is it you can write a commentary on Revelation without seeing what Paul and Jesus said about the age to come?

But here's one.

29 Jesus said, "Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel,
30 who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life.
Mark 10:29-30

Upvote 0

classicalhero

Jun 9, 2013
Perth,Western Australia
✟11,338.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
I thought Zechariah 14:12 sounds like nuclear ground zero and the millennial reign begins with the new Jerusalem being established
But the Lord is the one that smites them with a plague, not the result of man's actions.

Upvote 0