United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why would Jesus come down and "reign" over a corrupt earth?
Because the Earth needs to be taken back from Satan.
Satan ruled the Earth since Adam and Eve.
And now Christ would rule the Earth without Satan's presence.

This is how the Earth is taken back. You rule it.
And Satan...is he bound now?

Thank you kindly.

Satan is not bound today. Peter says that today Satan is roaming like a roaring lion looking for people to devour. Not bound, loose.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Because the Earth needs to be taken back from Satan.
Satan ruled the Earth since Adam and Eve.
And now Christ would rule the Earth without Satan's presence.

This is how the Earth is taken back. You rule it.

Satan is not bound today. Peter says that today Satan is roaming like a roaring lion looking for people to devour. Not bound, loose.

So the earth is taken away from Satan and then given back to him?

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The goats are judged. Right when he returns. So you have to twist what He says to make it fit.
Why would I want to twist the Bible? Does it look like I lost my mind? (Don't answer that^_^)
You know that the predictive prophecy lists events chronologically and often there are hundreds of years between events.

Mt 25:34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. ...
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So the earth is taken away from Satan and then given back to him?

Thank you kindly.
Excellent question. :oldthumbsup:

The Earth is taken away to show who is the ruler once the King returns.
Satan, who no longer rules the Earth is released in order to gather his own "flock" of goats to his side and then they are all destroyed to be brought before the Judge ... and Satan is thrown into the Burning Lake where both Beasts and (implied) harlot of Babylon are there waiting for their 'Boss'.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Excellent question. :oldthumbsup:

The Earth is taken away to show who is the ruler once the King returns.
Satan, who no longer rules the Earth is released in order to gather his own "flock" of goats to his side and then they are all destroyed to be brought before the Judge ... and Satan is thrown into the Burning Lake where both Beasts and (implied) harlot of Babylon are there waiting for their 'Boss'.

Thanks Ed. However, forgive me, but i'm having difficulty following not only the logic of the above, but how it reconciles to anything written in the book of Revelation.

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks Ed. However, forgive me, but i'm having difficulty following not only the logic of the above, but how it reconciles to anything written in the book of Revelation.

Thank you kindly.
Here is the text and everything is in there.
Some of the points I made come from other texts.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+20&version=NIV
In chapter 19 (chapter prior to what I linked) we see Christ coming down with his armies dressed in white upon the Earth and destroying practically everyone.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Here is the text and everything is in there.
Some of the points I made come from other texts.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+20&version=NIV
In chapter 19 (chapter prior to what I linked) we see Christ coming down with his armies dressed in white upon the Earth and destroying practically everyone.

Thank you for posting the link. However, it appears that this chapter in Revelation is referring to a "spiritual" sense of 1000 years and the "reigning" thereof. In that sense, the 1000 years could have already occurred, which means that hearts and minds were open to the grace of God and there was a harvest of souls being won for the kingdom, and Satan was "bound" so to speak so that he did not have free reign. As it is now, Satan is most profoundly running amok in a frenzy that grows with intensity. Reminds me of when Jesus said that there will be signs when the end times draw near, as it is also written that man will be lovers of themselves with treachery to their own parents and loved ones.

It seems that the 1000 years of Satan being "bound" may have already passed, and what draws near is the last days, if we are not already in them. It is written that Jesus will descend in like manner that He ascended to heaven, and when He does descend, it will be with the shout of an archangel.

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for posting the link. However, it appears that this chapter in Revelation is referring to a "spiritual" sense of 1000 years and the "reigning" thereof. In that sense, the 1000 years could have already occurred, which means that hearts and minds were open to the grace of God and there was a harvest of souls being won for the kingdom, and Satan was "bound" so to speak so that he did not have free reign. As it is now, Satan is most profoundly running amok in a frenzy that grows with intensity. Reminds me of when Jesus said that there will be signs when the end times draw near, as it is also written that man will be lovers of themselves with treachery to their own parents and loved ones.

It seems that the 1000 years of Satan being "bound" may have already passed, and what draws near is the last days, if we are not already in them. It is written that Jesus will descend in like manner that He ascended to heaven, and when He does descend, it will be with the shout of an archangel.

Thank you kindly.
There are several way interpreting the Revelation.
The way I do it is literally.
Once we approach it in such a way the book takes a very interesting turn. The actual storyline appears in the Revelation.
I find that the description of 1000 years with terms such as "when 1000 years are over" are meant to be read literally.

Thanks, :)
Ed

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,571.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
There are several way interpreting the Revelation.
The way I do it is literally.
Once we approach it in such a way the book takes a very interesting turn. The actual storyline appears in the Revelation.
I find that the description of 1000 years with terms such as "when 1000 years are over" are meant to be read literally.

Ed

Interesting take on it Ed.

Thank you kindly for sharing your views.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ed aren't the people who receive the mark killed by the demons who race over the earth? I post text.
3 Then locusts came from the smoke and descended on the earth, and they were given power to sting like scorpions.4 They were told not to harm the grass or plants or trees, but only the people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads.5 They were told not to kill them but to torture them for five months with pain like the pain of a scorpion sting.6 In those days people will seek death but will not find it. They will long to die, but death will flee from them!

This is the passage I was thinking of but after looking at it they don't kill the people but torture them. I have never heard those with the mark are still around thought.

It is my understanding the point of the thousand years rule is Jesus fulfilling His promise to the Jews to rule for a time with them at His side. this is the age of the Jew and the age of the Gentile has past away.

Thank you Ed that is what i was trying to do is learn and I did, thank you. You are a better man than I.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ed aren't the people who receive the mark killed by the demons who race over the earth? I post text.
3 Then locusts came from the smoke and descended on the earth, and they were given power to sting like scorpions.4 They were told not to harm the grass or plants or trees, but only the people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads.5 They were told not to kill them but to torture them for five months with pain like the pain of a scorpion sting.6 In those days people will seek death but will not find it. They will long to die, but death will flee from them!

This is the passage I was thinking of but after looking at it they don't kill the people but torture them. I have never heard those with the mark are still around thought.
These lifeforms will pop out from the Abyss with smoke and ashes (probably a vulcano) like "bats out of hell".
They are clearly an artificial genetically modified life form, ... or a prototype of a sort.
These "locusts" would be small in size (Joel referred to these as climbing in the windows, small).
No wonder the Legion of demons that possessed the man in the Gospel begged Jesus to be sent into the pigs and not the Abyss. These demons, size of a fly (their leader is Beelzebub, Lord of Flies) hated Abyss.
Apollyon (angel of the Abyss) apparently used them to created these artificial life forms we will see as locust/scorpions. Grab a spirit/demon (size of a fly), plug it into a locust/scorpion and you have "life". :)
I can name probably 3 other artificial life forms in the Revelation ...

It is interesting they were torturing the non-believers ... probably because the sages would be sending demons into Abyss as a money making scheme. Witchcraft would be a common occurrence in the future.
Jesus never sent them to the Abyss, so they would not touch Christians ... I'm putting too much in a short post. :)

It is my understanding the point of the thousand years rule is Jesus fulfilling His promise to the Jews to rule for a time with them at His side. this is the age of the Jew and the age of the Gentile has past away.
Thank you Ed that is what i was trying to do is learn and I did, thank you. ...
Yes, but not only Jews, also anyone else who would be a believer.
Besides, the 144,000 are literal individuals from literal 12 tribes. However, their blood would probably be so intermixed by that time, they could be a Russian, Chinese, African, Welch ... as long as they carry the lineage to the 12 tribes. They do not need to be all "Jewish".

Ed

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Also at this time is the first Resurrection of the saints or children of God. The second Resurrection comes after satan is thrown into the lake and is for the unsaved. Is this also what you believe Ed?
Yes.

Upvote 0