Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Isaiah 66:5. Hear the word of the Lord, you who tremble at His Word.

John 5:25. Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is,
when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.

The Son of God speaks to our spirit and gives overcoming life to those who listen and obey. This verse does not speak of the resurrection of the dead, but of being born again from above.
For immediately after He says:

John 5:28, 29. Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice; and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.

Note in verse twenty five, the statement ‘the hour is coming, and now is’. Jesus uses this expression to contrast His instruction to that generation to His final Apocalypse at the end
of the age. We find the same structured logos in chapter four.

John 4:21. Jesus said to her, Woman believe Me, the hour is coming when you will
neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father.

Jesus refers to the soon destruction of the second temple and the end of Levitical
worship in Jerusalem. Then He makes clear the Truth of worship.

John 4:23, 24. But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and Truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in Spirit and Truth.

Worship in Truth ceased from temples built with hands, but continues in hearts
united by The Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Son of God speaks to our spirit and gives overcoming life to those who listen and obey. This verse does not speak of the resurrection of the dead, but of being born again from above.
For immediately after He says:

John 5:28, 29. Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice; and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation

So ' All who are in the graves' are not dead, but are living today.
So ' resurrection to life or condemnation' does not mean dead people being brought back to life, but conversation or rejection of conversation.

I have only one suggestion, to get a new dictionary, as what ever one you are using is giving you false definitions.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I will be happy to help you out with this, since you were obviously in a hurry as you look for forum posts to shed light upon.
This statement that you have misapplied is in reference to the verse which preceded:
John 5:25. Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is,
when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live.
I support this conclusion by pointing out that three verses later, Jesus speaks of the resurrection of the dead.
John 5:28, 29. Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice; and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
Another point of the OP is to contrast the construction of the two statements:
"the hour is coming and now is" and the second statement showing a future reference:
"the hour is coming when".
This same construction was used in John 4, which the OP also points out. In short,
your analysis and conclusions were completely incorrect and speaks to the confusion of your own face.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Drink With A Hearing Heart The Water of Life
John 7:37, 38.
He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water. But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those entrusted to Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given because Jesus was not yet glorified.

The Son of God has been glorified. The river of life flows from the throne of God to give
life to those who listen and obey.

Deuteronomy 5:24. The Lord, our God, has indeed let us see his glory and his greatness, and we have heard his voice from the midst of the fire. Today we have found out that God may speak to a mortal and that person may still live.

Revelation 3:22. To the one whose heart is open let him listen carefully to what
the Spirit is saying now to the churches.

Upvote 0