Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:)
This place is a little different. I registered here in June 06, but didn't post.
This Discussion and Debate board has been added since then, hasn't it?
Yes it has. They instituted a million lousy rules and added a couple of different sub-forums (which were a good idea) but the ultra-conservatives tend to migrate to where open discussion is allowed, although they tend to make reports in that area quite often.

BTW, any time you disagree, no matter how much Scriptural evidence is supplied, you can get reported by those with an itchy report finger. It's not like CARM where open and honest discussion is encouraged.:doh: It's just one of the evil obstacles defenders of the true Gospel face here.

In Christ alone...

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If commentary does match scripture we should color code it pinky (or whatever color this is)

This can help us from getting the usual runarround chasing a false arguments.

If there is no text at all, we have the right to point out contradiction of the scripture.

The fact that their members say AMEN does mean that truth is establish.

Actually, I know you guys communicate fine, but if we can settle some issues but itemizing Q & A with numbers. We can all follow a few rules of engagement.

Upvote 0

NightEternal

Evangelical SDA
Apr 18, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
✟6,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Joy--I'm sorry that Night has lied to you about me--that is a despicable thing for him to do.

EXCUSE ME? Does anyone see the name Honor anywhere in this post??!!

Well you may have just as well painted a big red bullseye on your forhead with that post friend.

Welcome BTW. :wave: I'm sure I will be seeing your name in the report section soon enough.

http://christianforums.com/showpost.php?p=42134401&postcount=127

And you REPORT me for this?! :doh:

FYI, I had no one in particular in mind with this statement, but if the shoe fits, then by all means WEAR IT. So I will thank you for NOT BEARING FALSE WITNESS in your report post!

I think we know who is acting despicably here and it AIN'T ME.

Just UNBELIEVABLE! More false charges made against me by her to add to my list I guess.

Upvote 0

Prophecy Countdown

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
✟887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
joyoussong said:
Hello, David. It's been awhile.

We are not under the old covenant.

You consider one day above others. I consider all days alike. Romans 14.

Hi Joyoussong, Just thought I would give you my opinion on this matter but I do appreciate what you are saying and respect your views. Please bear with me.

The ‘old covenant was Mosaic law, not the commandments of God.
I use this commandment as you mentioned that you ‘consider all days alike.’
Exodus 20: 8. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10. But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11. For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

What governs that Sabbath day?

The rotation of the Earth. After six rotations we have the seventh as the Sabbath, it is not governed by any other heavenly body.

The Lord said this about His law.
Heb 8: 10. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
The ten commandments from Heb 8: are not the old laws if they are to be written in our minds and hearts forever.

I noticed that you quote Rom 14: 5. “One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.”

If you read the following verses from Paul you will see what he is actually talking about when you look at two words ‘NEW MOON.’
He is in fact speaking of ‘High Sabbaths,’ governed by the ‘new moon’ whereas the weekly Sabbath is not.

Col 2: 16. “Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the NEW MOON, or of the sabbath days”

Paul makes it quite clear how he stands on the law of God, that are the ten commandments.
Romans 3: 31. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Maranatha.

PC

Upvote 0

Prophecy Countdown

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
✟887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
Cribstyl said:
Happy New Year Friend:thumbsup:

PC, the claims I requested from text is; When was the ten commandments first given to Adam and Eve or anyonelse?

The bible shows sabbath was first given in Ex16 and 10.commandments first given at Sinia.
Several book of prophets present the children of Israel as the recepients of sabbath and the 10 commandments.

I have read the bible from many perspectives and I am shocked by what is taught by sabbath keepers.

All I can say is....by default we talk about sabbath and the law, because for some reason we have to hear about those issues rather than the gospel Christ sent His Apostles to preach.

CRIB

CRIB

Okay dear Brother, now that I’m awake to what is actually going on let me thankyou for your patience and perseverance with me.

I might get into trouble here but may I say what I think, which will be fairly basic. I agree with you! Absolutely!

May I take a little of your time please and just say a few things on this.
The seventh day of rest.

Gen 2: 2. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and HE RESTED on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2: 3. God BLESSED the seventh day, and SANCTIFIED it: because that in it HE HAD RESTED from all his work which God created and made.
From my Thesaurus, the word ‘Blessed’ means made holy, sacred, sanctified, hallowed, consecrated, set apart.
My Thesaurus says ‘sanctified’ means sacred, holy, hallowed, consecrated, blessed.
There was something special about that day but no command was made of it in law, not in the Bible.
This is my personal view. I think God, who at times dwelt with man may have rested with Adam and Eve on that special day here on Earth, as a reminder, a remembrance but that is pure supposition on my part and not biblically proven at all.

Adam and Eve were created wonderfully perfect and surely would have been of the same mind but there is no mention of that day as being law.
G
en 2: 9. “And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the TREE OF LIFE also in the midst of the garden, and the TREE OF KNOWLEDGE of good and evil.”
Adam and Eve, were made perfect and of course without sin therefore what law was needed?
So there were no problems at that time and no ten commandments are mentioned.

There was one commandment however a commandment based on trust given to Adam and Eve according to scripture, in that they were not to touch the tree of knowledge.
This was for their good and as we now clearly understand.
They had everything that was good including free choice.

Their relationship with God, was one of trust and God, gave them a command, not a request.

Gen 2: 16. “And the LORD GOD COMMANDED THE MAN, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:”

Gen 2: 17. “But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil THOU SHALT NOT EAT OF IT: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.”

The woman Eve. knew that one COMMANDMENT, not to touch the tree.
Gen 3: 1. Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Gen 3: 2. “And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:”

Gen 3: 3. “But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, NEITHER SHALL YE TOUCH IT, lest ye die.”

In hindsight we are well aware of the results of breaking God’s laws, which is the higher law and as a result the lesser or natural law breaks down gradually and death pervades everything.
The natural law is crumbling and the Earth, is dying as temperatures rise and we are witnessing this.

Once Eve listened to that old serpent she was drawn in by his seemingly innocuous questions and her eyes were fixed on that tree.

Gen 3: 6. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Adam knew better, yet still went ahead and ate the fruit and the results were instant they hid from God, because they realised their nakedness and knew shame for the first time.
As time went on, man became so corrupt morally they were wiped off the face of the Earth by the flood.

But the question arises how could there be corruption if there WAS NO LAW before the flood except the law not to touch the tree?

The tree of Knowledge may hold the answer here in that it was the knowledge of GOOD and EVIL that is the key.
So EVIL are acts disapproved of by God.

Yes I know that some will quote Paul in Rom 3: 27. 7: 8, 9. But I cannot find the ten commandments as such in the Bible before the floods.
So this knowledge of evil God states here
Gen 6: 11. The earth also was CORRUPT before God, and the earth was filled with VIOLENCE.
So violence is corruption to God and I would say rightly so.
It is without dispute that God, is the supreme judge, can we agree on that my dear friend?
Gen 6: 12. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
I think that their may have been sexual deviancies from the natural.
Why do I say that you may ask?
Gen 2: 4. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
So corrupt and out of touch with God, were they in Noah’s time they did not see the warnings of the coming disaster.

Gen 9: 15, was a covenant not to destroy man again with a flood.
Gen 9: 16 was a reminder, by each following rainbow to God, of that covenant by which He was bound to keep.

In Exodus 13: 3 Moses said unto the people, Remember this day, in which ye came out from Egypt, out of the house of bondage; for by strength of hand the LORD brought you out from this place: there shall no leavened bread be eaten.
‘The preparation day’ of the ‘Passover’ then the high Sabbath of unleavened bread that followed was to become part of Mosaic law and the ramifications of that to us is well known for a salvation plan that was put into effect moments after sin manifest itself in Adam and Eve.

Gen 3: 15. And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
As time progressed mosaic law was introduced so that the people would have special reminders of our God.

In Exodus 20 we were given the ten commandments.
I am not surprised that the Seventh day rest was chosen, a Sabbath, placed within and part of the ten commandments, written on stone by the finger of God, for our good.
The sad thing within this commemoration Sabbath day of His rest after creation week is that most have forgotten the word ‘REMEMBER’ the Sabbath day and keep it holy.’

How sad it must be for our Creator our God, that died for our sins, took our place of punishment to save us and yet so many refuse His strong arm to lift us from death to everlasting salvation.

Well that’s a little of how I see it and again I am in full agreement with you,
Nice talking with you Brother CRIB.
PC

Upvote 0

Prophecy Countdown

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
✟887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
Why is the Creator the only savior in the universe that the one who is lost is credited with resisting his strong arm of salvation? By now we should realize that this aspect of our doctrine makes no sense.

Hi Sentipente, I’m afraid I see it a little differently but I respect what you are saying I just can’t quite agree if that’s okay with you Brother, no offence meant.
There is only one Saviour, because He said so and He asks that we turn and come unto Him and be saved which to me makes sense.

Isaiah 43: 11. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is NO SAVIOUR.

Isaiah 43: 12. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.

Hosea 13: 3. Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Luke 2: 11. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

John 4: 42. And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Acts 5: 31. Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 13: 23. Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Philippians 3: 20. For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

1 Tim 1: 1. Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

Jude 25. To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

The one lost is so by his own choice.
Ezekiel 18: 32. For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Ezekiel 33: 11. Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Matt 11: 28. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Matt 11: 29. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Matt 11: 30. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Maranatha.

PC

Upvote 0

sentipente

Senior Contributor
Jul 17, 2007
Silver Sprint, MD
✟46,642.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Hi Sentipente, I’m afraid I see it a little differently but I respect what you are saying I just can’t quite agree if that’s okay with you Brother, no offence meant.
There is only one Saviour, because He said so and He asks that we turn and come unto Him and be saved which to me makes sense.
I don't think you understood what I said. We have treated the omnipotent as the only savior who has no power to save. This means that we don't know Him. And the Bible is clear that the essence of life eternal is in knowing who He is.

Upvote 0

sentipente

Senior Contributor
Jul 17, 2007
Silver Sprint, MD
✟46,642.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Would you explain? How is the Gospel inherent in those doctrines?
I think she would have to say it is inherent by assumption, though she would use other words. Maybe it would help if you explain what you think the gospel is, though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joyoussong

Jun 20, 2006
✟15,182.00
Faith
Christian
I don't think you understood what I said. We have treated the omnipotent as the only savior who has no power to save. This means that we don't know Him. And the Bible is clear that the essence of life eternal is in knowing who He is.

Is His arm to short? :eek:

"I act, and who can reverse it?" :)

(both quotes from Isaiah, I think)

Upvote 0

joyoussong

Jun 20, 2006
✟15,182.00
Faith
Christian
Yes it has. They instituted a million lousy rules and added a couple of different sub-forums (which were a good idea) but the ultra-conservatives tend to migrate to where open discussion is allowed, although they tend to make reports in that area quite often.

BTW, any time you disagree, no matter how much Scriptural evidence is supplied, you can get reported by those with an itchy report finger. It's not like CARM where open and honest discussion is encouraged.:doh: It's just one of the evil obstacles defenders of the true Gospel face here.

In Christ alone...

Sounds like a challenge. :)
Yes, I thought I'd remembered that was why I didn't post then. No debate allowed. Figured I'd just get myself in trouble.

Upvote 0

sentipente

Senior Contributor
Jul 17, 2007
Silver Sprint, MD
✟46,642.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Is His arm to short? :eek:

"I act, and who can reverse it?" :)

(both quotes from Isaiah, I think)
Christian theology seems to believe that His arm is too short and that some humans are able to reverse His actions.

Upvote 0

joyoussong

Jun 20, 2006
✟15,182.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Joyoussong,
Hi.

Just thought I would give you my opinion on this matter but I do appreciate what you are saying and respect your views. Please bear with me.

The ten commandments are the "Words of the Covenant". Deut (chapter 5?)

I use this commandment as you mentioned that you ‘consider all days alike.’
Exodus 20: 8. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10. But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11. For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Ok. Let each be convinced in their own minds.

What governs that Sabbath day?

The rotation of the Earth. After six rotations we have the seventh as the Sabbath, it is not governed by any other heavenly body.

The Lord said this about His law.
Heb 8: 10. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
The ten commandments from Heb 8: are not the old laws if they are to be written in our minds and hearts forever.

7For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. 8But God found fault with the people and said:
"The time is coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah.
9It will not be like the covenant
I made with their forefathers
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them, declares the Lord.
10This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
11No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
12For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more."
13By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

Where do you get the idea it is the ten He writes on the heart?

I noticed that you quote Rom 14: 5. “One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.”

If you read the following verses from Paul you will see what he is actually talking about when you look at two words ‘NEW MOON.’
He is in fact speaking of ‘High Sabbaths,’ governed by the ‘new moon’ whereas the weekly Sabbath is not.

Col 2: 16. “Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the NEW MOON, or of the sabbath days”

There is nothing in Romans 14 about new moons or high sabbaths.

Paul makes it quite clear how he stands on the law of God, that are the ten commandments.
Romans 3: 31. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Maranatha.

PC

Where does Paul say the law of God is the ten? Please quote.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Joyoussong, Just thought I would give you my opinion on this matter but I do appreciate what you are saying and respect your views. Please bear with me.

Then the LORD said to Moses, "Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel."

So he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did not eat bread or drink water And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments. Ex 34:27, 28

The Bible disagrees with you as it clearly states that the covenant was the 10 commandments (at least). If you would like more references I will post them as this is NOT the only passage stating it.

Also, I can show you that breaking the 10 commandments was breaking the covenant. Would you like those references too?

In Christ alone...

Upvote 0

sentipente

Senior Contributor
Jul 17, 2007
Silver Sprint, MD
✟46,642.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
I think it's that agenda thing where we direct others to Christ alone for salvation.:thumbsup:
There you go contradicting Christ by suggesting that He has not saved the world but sits there offering salvation like candy from Santa Claus.

Upvote 0

joyoussong

Jun 20, 2006
✟15,182.00
Faith
Christian
Then the LORD said to Moses, "Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel."

So he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did not eat bread or drink water And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments. Ex 34:27, 28

The Bible disagrees with you as it clearly states that the covenant was the 10 commandments (at least). If you would like more references I will post them as this is NOT the only passage stating it.

Also, I can show you that breaking the 10 commandments was breaking the covenant. Would you like those references too?

In Christ alone...

Oops. It's Ex 34.
Thanks, Free.

Upvote 0