Dec 29, 2006
✟454,815.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, I remember your first posts over there. You were like a bull in a china shop and didn't discuss. You cut a pasted large volumes of info without discussing it. Question after question was asked of you. You were asked to defend what you posted. But your responses were often more cut and paste and you did not adequately defend your beliefs through discussion.

It's complete open and honest discussion over there and they don't try to hide behind lousy rules as a layer of protection of actually defending beliefs. It's not about the report button over there either. This is one of the most closed forums I've ever seen. It's about exculsion and running people off who don't fit in the little box.
That was the first day when I couldnt find any rules or much grace for a newbie and they banned me in about 38 minutes flat, and what about the other 365 days they were trying to get me banned for any 'minutia' or just outright pettiness...

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟454,815.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As one who has posted on CARM for a few weeks, I can only offer my honest assessment of the place:

Does it allow free and open discussion?

You bet.

Is it an attack forum against Adventism?

Without question. But they attack ideas and theology, not people. So, if you are an SDA who is faint of heart and not ready with any solid defense of TSDA doctrine, you had better go elsewhere, because they will tear your belief system to pieces, chew it up and spit it out at your feet without a second thought. They will not tolerate a different gospel than what Paul and Luther taught in any way, shape or form being espoused.

How popular is EGW over there?

About as popular as a pedophile in a daycare to most of them. But, some are a little less militant about that.

Caveat emptor-or should I say-let the TSDA poster beware. ;)

If you hate the church, and hate the doctrines or belief from it, then CARM welcomes you and the path for you is wide and easy.....

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you hate the church, and hate the doctrines or belief from it, then CARM welcomes you and the path for you is wide and easy.....
as I said... if you started there with your sermons.... I can see how they would ask you to leave... not saying I condone it, but I do understand it...

Upvote 0

NightEternal

Evangelical SDA
Apr 18, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
✟6,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
All they want is a sound, Biblical defense of Adventist doctrine and EGW and they will consider it.

Not an unreasonable request IMO.

But I suspect that the reason they have not is because no one has yet presented said defense.

Better luck next time there Red. ;)

Upvote 0

joyoussong

Jun 20, 2006
✟15,182.00
Faith
Christian
Yes. I don't remember when I started posting here, but it's been a while ago now, maybe about a year. I posted on both forums for a while, but it became too time consuming. The true Gospel of Jesus Christ is largely avoided here, or at least largely distorted, so I stayed to try and direct others to Christ alone. It's amazing the resistance you get when you do that!:doh: LOL! This forum is often more about turf wars and who gets to control whom rather than Jesus Christ.

Welcome to the mayhem!

In Christ alone...

:)
This place is a little different. I registered here in June 06, but didn't post.
This Discussion and Debate board has been added since then, hasn't it?

Upvote 0

joyoussong

Jun 20, 2006
✟15,182.00
Faith
Christian
As I said before, CARM is just a attack forum and doesnt allow any honest discussion on Adventist issues, much less truth from Gods word or from Christs testimony, as I posted nothing but scripture at first to test it, and all they could do is make acusations that I was following 'the prophet' and find a way to get me banned.

Oh, in the 4 1/2 years I've been there, there've been many sdas who were never suspended or banned. Some who never even had a post edited.

Did you read the rules? The home page? CARM is an apologetics forum, reddogs. If you are going to present your beliefs there, be prepared to back them up.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟454,815.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All they want is a sound, Biblical defense of Adventist doctrine and EGW and they will consider it.

Not an unreasonable request IMO.

But I suspect that the reason they have not is because no one has yet presented said defense.

Better luck next time there Red. ;)
Not a chance, they hate anyone who they consider 'from the prophet', their agenda is to destroy truth or ban it as quickly as possible....

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟454,815.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, in the 4 1/2 years I've been there, there've been many sdas who were never suspended or banned. Some who never even had a post edited.

Did you read the rules? The home page? CARM is an apologetics forum, reddogs. If you are going to present your beliefs there, be prepared to back them up.

What good is it to back it up with scripture and they say 'oh you got that from the prophet'.....how can you discuss any issues when they hate any SDA doctrine, belief or anything connected to it....

Upvote 0

joyoussong

Jun 20, 2006
✟15,182.00
Faith
Christian
Hello, David. It's been awhile.

Not overtly, no. But, when you realize the great sacrifice that was paid to save you from your sins the last thing in the world you would wish to do would be to add to your sins (breaking the Sabbath commandment)* and since your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost** and you were created by the hand of God then you would wish to take care of it. Now those who would deny that we are created in God's image wouldn't care how you trash your body or your mind.

Texts:

*Romans 6

1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

We are not under the old covenant.

You consider one day above others. I consider all days alike. Romans 14.

If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

How does one defile the temple? Context please.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joyoussong

Jun 20, 2006
✟15,182.00
Faith
Christian
What good is it to back it up with scripture and they say 'oh you got that from the prophet'.....how can you discuss any issues when they hate any SDA doctrine, belief or anything connected to it....

Who are "they"? Aren't I included in "they"?

How can you discuss? Patiently, calmly, presenting your point and answering questions as best you can.

Not by preaching.

Upvote 0

joyoussong

Jun 20, 2006
✟15,182.00
Faith
Christian
Correction on two facts: EGW didn't make up any of the teachings that are listed.

Hiram Edson, wasn't it? In a cornfield? And Ellen had a 'vision' confirming it?

These were derived from in-depth Bible study over time.

But it contradicts Scripture.

Secondly, none of them "deny" the Gospel that we are saved from our sins and eternal death.

Ellen's 'second and final phase' denies Christ's completed Atonement, David.

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello, honorthesabbath.Thanks for the welcome. :)
I'd have to disagree with you. The Gospel isn't inherent in the health message. Or the sabbath. And Ellen's 1844/sanctuary/IJ doctrine denies the Gospel.
LOL--I guess I'll have to disagree with you too. No problem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[/color]

Out on the farm they tell you to be careful not to step in any of that. CARM is as Red described it.
David, you did a fine job of burning your own bridges over there. You were called out on your 'research' and after being embarrassed you took your bat and ball and went home. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. You got out of the kitchen.

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would be SO refreshing to actually see an SDA back up their claims with Scripture in context over there. It simply doesn't happen. There are one or two who make valiant efforts (and kudos to them for their efforts!), but where the rubber meets the road their tires simply shred and they fade away in LIGHT of what Scripture actually teaches.

Upvote 0

honorthesabbath

Senior Veteran
Aug 10, 2005
Arkansas
✟19,680.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yep--thats pretty much what we get here too Red-they have their agenda and they will not turn from it. Thats why there is no reason to 'debate' with them. They cannot 'hear'.

Upvote 0