Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Try vitamin C instead. ;)

(Just don't put it in your coffee :p )

Good food combining is great for the digestive. Fit for Life describes it well.
Fit for Life - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thumb_600.jpg

Upvote 0

Mama Kidogo

Τίποτα νέο μυθιστόρημα τίποτα
Jan 31, 2014
USA for the time being
✟19,535.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
I'd say this sums my "theology" up pretty well. That plus our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit, and ought to be maintained well enough.
As I age I note I am enlarging that temple. It's an odd thing that as you age, those foods that as a youth we found to taste bad suddenly become yummy.
I've only recently returned to the kitchen. My husband was a wonderful cook and he really enjoyed cooking. I think he also enjoyed making me fat.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Kylissa
I'd say this sums my "theology" up pretty well. That plus our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit, and ought to be maintained well enough.
:)
Anyone ever read about the "Temple Man"? The Sanctuary appears to represent gold,
and the arms as silver and the legs as brass/copper, which would comprise the whole Temple.......

Mat 23:
16 'Woe to ye, blind guides! who are saying, 'whoever may swear by the sanctuary, it is nothing,
but whoever may swear by the gold of the sanctuary -- is debtor!
17 Fools and blind! for which is greater, the gold, or the sanctuary that is sanctifying the gold?
[1Ch 29:3]

1 Corinthians 3:16
not ye have known that a sanctuary of God ye are,
and the Spirit of the God doth dwell in ye?

1 Corinthians 3:16
ouk oidate oti naoV qeou este kai to pneuma tou qeou oikei en umin

King Solomon's Astonishing Temple Secrets

temple8.gif

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's gravy on chicken schnitzel :p

I don't know what chicken schnitzel is, but that part looks yummy!!!

The gravy seeped down onto the fries though. I try to stay away from fries in general.

My husband has recently started mixing honey mustard and ketchup for fries. Which tastes good but ... I don't need many.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And french fries dipped in strawberry milkshake. ^_^

Lol, I rarely got milkshakes for my daughter when she was young, but she discovered the joys (?) of French fries dipped in milkshakes. Which I also find weird, lol. But she liked it!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
As I age I note I am enlarging that temple. It's an odd thing that as you age, those foods that as a youth we found to taste bad suddenly become yummy.
I've only recently returned to the kitchen. My husband was a wonderful cook and he really enjoyed cooking. I think he also enjoyed making me fat.

Humph. I don't want to talk about it.

A year ago we sold the farm. I used to eat whatever I wanted. Now I find that if I even LOOK at food, my clothes fit tighter. That went on for a long time without me gaining any weight. In a year, I gained 4 pounds. But it looks like a lot more.

I suspect I'm going to have to start lifting weights or something. Apparently, moving huge bales of hay and carrying 5-gallon buckets of water and feed in 110 degree temps was keeping me fitter. That and chasing runaway goat-lings and llamas.

I miss them sometimes ...

I don't even want to talk "theology of food" in the absence of what was apparently very hard work, but I never realized it.

Upvote 0

Honest Al

Nov 23, 2013
Kingsville, OH, USA
Visit site
✟8,238.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds too complicated. I'll stick with tea and coffee and meat, especially bacon :)

Aw... that's the Devil lying to you.
It doesn't have to be that complicated. Why don't you try to make just one positive change at a time.
If I were to send you a bag of a coffee substitute we sell, would you give it a try for a month? (I don't know what you know, but coffee--and especially caffine--has numerous bad side effects.) We sell a ton of this coffee substitute--it's called "Dandy Blend." It's a blend of dandelion, chicory, and other herbs. We don't drink coffee, but when we had the store our customers said this one tasted the most like coffee. I'd be more than happy to send you a bag. Please give it some thought.

I have to run.

God Bless,

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Aw... that's the Devil lying to you.
It doesn't have to be that complicated. Why don't you try to make just one positive change at a time.
If I were to send you a bag of a coffee substitute we sell, would you give it a try for a month? (I don't know what you know, but coffee--and especially caffine--has numerous bad side effects.) We sell a ton of this coffee substitute--it's called "Dandy Blend." It's a blend of dandelion, chicory, and other herbs. We don't drink coffee, but when we had the store our customers said this one tasted the most like coffee. I'd be more than happy to send you a bag. Please give it some thought.

I have to run.

God Bless,

We used to sell a really wonderful coffee substitute too, but I've forgotten the name. (I know it had chicory.)

I don't drink that much coffee, but what I do drink, I am very picky about. It must be GOOD coffee (and I fear I've become somewhat the coffee-snob lol).

You should take him up on it, MC. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My theology of cooking is that sharing a table with someone is one of the nicest things you can do.
To me it's just an extension of the Eucharist and all that entails.
The Cajun's spread a pretty good table...they got some great music too...

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary

Romans 11:9
And David is saying 'let be being become! the Table of them into a trap and into a mesh and into a snare and into a recompense to them.
[psalm 69:22/Daniel 11:9/Luke 16:21]
Luke 16:21
and yearning to be satisfied from the crumbs, the-ones falling from the Table of the Rich-one, but also the dogs coming licked his sores.

Cajun Song from the Movie 'Southern Comfort' - YouTube

Upvote 0

Mama Kidogo

Jan 31, 2014
USA for the time being
✟19,535.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Humph. I don't want to talk about it.

A year ago we sold the farm. I used to eat whatever I wanted. Now I find that if I even LOOK at food, my clothes fit tighter. That went on for a long time without me gaining any weight. In a year, I gained 4 pounds. But it looks like a lot more.

I suspect I'm going to have to start lifting weights or something. Apparently, moving huge bales of hay and carrying 5-gallon buckets of water and feed in 110 degree temps was keeping me fitter. That and chasing runaway goat-lings and llamas.

I miss them sometimes ...

I don't even want to talk "theology of food" in the absence of what was apparently very hard work, but I never realized it.
I miss wearing a size 5 dress but getting bigger has it's perks. No longer do those elderly ladies tells me, "Eat! You're too skinny." Now I'm one of those elderly ladies saying, "Eat! you're too skinny." Just don't get between me and the baklava.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I miss wearing a size 5 dress but getting bigger has it's perks. No longer do those elderly ladies tells me, "Eat! You're too skinny." Now I'm one of those elderly ladies saying, "Eat! you're too skinny." Just don't get between me and the baklava.

They still try to feed me. But I'm bigger than many of them - I don't think they are ever going to stop wanting to feed me, lol.

I finally convinced one dear lady that I don't like buttercream frosting, so I can usually avoid the cake that is always there.

Must admit that I appreciate the other tables we often have. Fruit, nuts, cheese, I always get a little. I'm slowly working my way through the various baked things. Last week I tasted a little tiny cake-like thing in a paper liner (like for a tiny cupcake) that had homemade caramel and chopped nuts. My goodness it was yummy! I usually skip any other eating on Sunday (except a light supper) because of all the food at Church.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Mama Kidogo
Perhaps he likes his women soft.....

1Co 6:13
Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them.
Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

Phl 3:19
whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Mama Kidogo

Jan 31, 2014
USA for the time being
✟19,535.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Perhaps he likes his women soft.....

1Co 6:13
Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them.
Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

Phl 3:19
whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things.

Soft? I'm rather abasive in case you haven't noticed. with the Padre is was more like;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEjyfWRTxFM

Upvote 0