Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Soft? I'm rather abasive in case you haven't noticed. with the Padre is was more like;
Donkey likes big butts - YouTube
Ahhh, I just now remembered about your husband's [Rev Randy ]passing when you were talking in the past tense.....:doh:

Some fat people even have fun...which brings to mind this hilarious movie featuring the Fat Boys:

The Fat Boys Disorderlies Trailer - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Bless you LLOJ. Thou who resurrects old dead threads and has crushes on girl actresses forty years his junior.;):p
I saved this link to his posts. I shed some tears when I saw this one: :sorry:

http://www.christianforums.com/search.php?searchid=6589687

Search: Posts Made By: Rev Randy

Originally Posted by LittleLambofJesus
:)

Everyday I wake up alive, I give thanks to GOD for that.
Originally Posted by Rev Randy
One day, I pray, I wake up having died and being thankful.
Btw, what was his favorite food?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I have a dream of someday going fishing very early in the morning, catching a few fish, cooking them along with a very simple flatbread on the coals of a fire on the ground. Just to have the experience.

Upvote 0

Mama Kidogo

Τίποτα νέο μυθιστόρημα τίποτα
Jan 31, 2014
USA for the time being
✟19,535.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Upvote 0

Mama Kidogo

Jan 31, 2014
USA for the time being
✟19,535.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
I have a dream of someday going fishing very early in the morning, catching a few fish, cooking them along with a very simple flatbread on the coals of a fire on the ground. Just to have the experience.
That is a dream easily lived. Live it brother.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟350,200.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you see some lonely fishers not catching anything be sure to invite them in for some hospitality. :cool:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Amen!

Eze 24:10
Heap on the wood, Kindle the fire;
Cook the meat well, Mix in the spices,
And let the cuts be burned up.

1Sa 9:24
So the cook took up the thigh with its upper part and set it before Saul. And Samuel said, “Here it is, what was kept back. It was set apart for you.
Eat; for until this time it has been kept for you, since I said I invited the people.” So Saul ate with Samuel that day.

The Jewish way of barbecuing:

The Gentile way it's done in God's country of Texas:

....... .....

Reactions: Rebecca Sue
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Behind any 'theology of cooking' is the theology of of both the incarnation and our humanity. Anything that diminishes either is out of court doctrinally in my books.

John
NZ
So vegetarianism is right out? ;)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Behind any 'theology of cooking' is the theology of of both the incarnation and our humanity.
Anything that diminishes either is out of court doctrinally in my books.

John
NZ
:amen:

Didn't Jesus always eat kosher food?

Greek Lexicon :: G1033 (YLT)
Strong's Number G1033 matches the Greek βρῶμα (brōma),
which occurs 17 times in 15 verses in the Greek concordance

YoungLT] John 4:
33 The disciples then said one to another, "Did any one bring Him anything to eat?"
34 Jesus saith to them, "My victuals/meat/food/brwma <1033> is that I may do the will of Him who sent Me and may finish His work";

1033. broma bro'-mah from the base of 977; food (literally or figuratively), especially (ceremonially) articles allowed or forbidden by the Jewish law:--meat, victuals.
977. bibrosko bib-ro'-sko a reduplicated and prolonged form of an obsolete primary verb (perhaps causative of 1006); to eat:--eat.
1006. bosko bos'-ko a prolonged form of a primary verb (compare 977, 1016); to pasture; by extension to, fodder; reflexively, to graze:--feed, keep.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟97,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
:amen:Didn't Jesus always eat kosher food?

As a Jew, yes He did in order to fulfil the law. But he never mandated kosher only food. Thus we see the shift that took place after Pentecost. Paul's position is highly significant. As a super dedicated Jew food laws would have been a major conviction for him. Thus, his position we see in his letters is a 180 turn from his background and heritage.

John
NZ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As a Jew, yes He did in order to fulfil the law. But he never mandated kosher only food. Thus we see the shift that took place after Pentecost.
Paul's position is highly significant.
As a super dedicated Jew, food laws would have been a major conviction for him. Thus, his position we see in his letters is a 180 turn from his background and heritage.

John
NZ
He was indeed a Hebrew Jew, and a Pharisee from the tribe of Benjamin and thus was well trained in Judaism.....
And this is what confounded the OC Jews, whom were under the law of Moses, when he was converted to Jesus the Christ

Act 21:39
And Paul said, 'I indeed am a man, a Jew of Tarsus of Cilicia, of no mean city a citizen;
and I beseech thee, suffer me to speak unto the people.'
Phl 3:5
circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; concerning the law, a Pharisee;
Gal 1:14
And I advanced in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7538322/
Romans 14:14,15 Did Paul declare all foods clean?

religion-kosher-lunchboxes-lunch_boxes-kosher_foods-jew-rman15357l.jpg

Upvote 0

Mama Kidogo

Jan 31, 2014
USA for the time being
✟19,535.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Not at all if that is a personal conviction. It still involves food and eating!

Anyway, the thread is about the theology of food, not what foods we may eat.

John
NZ

That statement does not make sense. Dos and don't are included in our theologies. Not to mention you quoted the OP who knows what his point of the OP was.

Upvote 0

Mama Kidogo

Jan 31, 2014
USA for the time being
✟19,535.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
I don't follow your thinking. Sorry.

John
NZ
No problem. Following my thinking could be dangerous. Sometimes I don't follow my own thinking;).
My point was simple; Many who abstain (for a time or completely) from certain foods, do so for theological reasons. Being an Orthodox it's something I practice.
My other point was that Morecoffee was the original poster (the one who began the thread) and that's who you were telling what the point of the thread was. I just reckoned he had a pretty good grip on what his point for the thread was.
Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟350,200.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just enjoyed a lovely beef stew full of carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, onion, beef, and garlic. It has white pepper as seasoning along with some salt from the vegetable stock I used. So, I suspect it was pretty close to kosher but definitely not vegetarian and probably not approved by Ellen White ;)

Is there a theology to cooking, are we definitely forbidden from partaking of some foods, like blood for example? Or has all that passed with the system of laws that made the nation of Israel a peculiar people.

No sabbath debates in here please, and no crazy religion either. :)

No problem. Following my thinking could be dangerous. Sometimes I don't follow my own thinking;).
My point was simple; Many who abstain (for a time or completely) from certain foods, do so for theological reasons. Being an Orthodox it's something I practice.
My other point was that Morecoffee was the original poster (the one who began the thread) and that's who you were telling what the point of the thread was. I just reckoned he had a pretty good grip on what his point for the thread was.
Hope that helps.
Hmn sounds like a classic case of crazy religion to me along with the element of being dangerous. :D

Upvote 0