Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Douggg, I am not sure God would agree with you. Time and again He called the people of Israel His people. Do you really thing He changed His mind?
Well, you make a good point. Israel, the nation as whole, is referred to as "my people Israel" kjv.

But in Daniel's people were considered the Jews, as Daniel himself was a Jew. Also Daniel's people were Israel.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This cannot be right. Daniel 9:27 talks about a fixed period agreement between a person and many people. God is not a participant in it. God does not make 7 year Covenents.

It can be easily understood as being between the Anti-Christ beast of Rev 13 and most of the people who will be in the holy land at that time.
Daniel 9:4 And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;

The focus of Daniel's prayer is the Mt. Sinai covenant.

Moses made it a requirement to confirm the Mt. Sinai covenant on a 7 year cycle in Deuteronomy 31:9-13.

10 And Moses commanded them, saying, At the end of every seven years, in the solemnity of the year of release, in the feast of tabernacles,

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster, we will be back to 1800's technology.

The new age, you refer to will be the Eternal state, Which comes after the Millennium and the final Judgment. Rev 20:11-15, Rev 21 to 22

So no technology will to be working after your supposed event? Satellite will not work as well ? Then Solar flare will be like an emp frying every circuit?

So it’s every man for himself to survive afterwards?

The joy of the millennial reign comes immediately after the tribulation so there is hope for humanity

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,035.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The focus of Daniel's prayer is the Mt. Sinai covenant.
That idea simply does not fit anywhere in the end times Prophesies.

The Covenant between the holy people and God, will be made soon after they settle in the holy Land.
It is referred to in Daniel 11:32, when some of the people break it.
So no technology will to be working after your supposed event? Satellite will not work as well ? Then Solar flare will be like an emp frying every circuit?
Yes. A Coronal Mass Ejection, sends out an Electro Magnetic Pulse,
All the electrical systems on that half of the earth facing the sun, when this huge explosion of the suns surface occurs; will be destroyed. The other half may not be so badly affected.

All our thousands of satellites and space junk will be forced to crash back to the earth, by the massive pressure wave of this CME. They will fulfil the 'stars falling like ripe figs; Revelation 6:13, Isaiah 34:3

I have started a new thread on this terrible event; The Lords Day of Wrath.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
God is not going to punish the Jews for what the Christians are going to do.
The book of Revelation is not about a particular punishment. Being in Adam's dead corruptible flesh is the punishment given to all of Adam's offspring.

The punishment on the church will be the LOF. Many who think they were redeemed will sadly figure out the hard way. That is no different punishment than those who died 500 years ago.

Judgment or the wrath of both God and the Lamb will be equal to all mankind whether they are moral or immoral. Claiming to be a Christian or a Judaizer won't change things one bit. Religion is just a set of accepted morals. All just filthy rags in the sight of God's Atonement.

The point is that all of humanity will be removed good or bad. Not that this is just a time of punishment. The wrath is on sin and those who choose to be sinful on purpose. Those who enjoy wickedness will be the die hards and who will receive the brunt of God's punishment. I am sure that even some self proclaimed Christians still love their wickedness. Some are wolves in sheep's clothing. And some are those who look back on this world like Lot's wife.

But there is no group set aside for a particular punishment. Those who last until Armageddon will have the mark of the beast and killed, and still end up in the LOF.

Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The book of Revelation is not about a particular punishment. Being in Adam's dead corruptible flesh is the punishment given to all of Adam's offspring.

The punishment on the church will be the LOF. Many who think they were redeemed will sadly figure out the hard way. That is no different punishment than those who died 500 years ago.

Judgment or the wrath of both God and the Lamb will be equal to all mankind whether they are moral or immoral. Claiming to be a Christian or a Judaizer won't change things one bit. Religion is just a set of accepted morals. All just filthy rags in the sight of God's Atonement.

The point is that all of humanity will be removed good or bad. Not that this is just a time of punishment. The wrath is on sin and those who choose to be sinful on purpose. Those who enjoy wickedness will be the die hards and who will receive the brunt of God's punishment. I am sure that even some self proclaimed Christians still love their wickedness. Some are wolves in sheep's clothing. And some are those who look back on this world like Lot's wife.

But there is no group set aside for a particular punishment. Those who last until Armageddon will have the mark of the beast and killed, and still end up in the LOF.
That was so long ago I've forgotten what the thread was about, but I agree with everything you say above (@Timtofly at least with what I think you're saying), except the last part where you say the only group lasting until Armageddon will be those who have the mark. Unless you mean the only group lasting on earth because I believe that those who do not have the mark will have been raptured/resurrected and will return with Christ (the armies of Christ in Revelation 19:14 and Revelation 17:14) to fight that battle with Him, and maybe Zechariah 14:5 is saying the same thing ( but I don't whether I interpret Zechariah 14 correctly).

There were always two groups of people calling themselves the seed of Abraham. There has been no change. Jesus knows those who belong to Him. I just don't see why some Christians have this self-righteous obsession with unbelieving Jews and apply all punishment - past and future - to them, as though the church has nothing to do with God's elect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
So you are another "the pope is the Antichrist" theorist ?
Absolutely. Do you think that Christians for over 800 years have hot it wrong.

If you knew history and compared it to prophecy you may get it correct, but I doubt it.

• Winner
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Absolutely. Do you think that Christians for over 800 years have hot it wrong.

If you knew history and compared it to prophecy you may get it correct, but I doubt it.
Just as I think the Jews have had it wrong about Jesus for 2000 years.

Jesus is the rightful King of Israel. The Antichrist, to become the Antichrist, must be anointed the King of Israel, coming in his own name. The Pope does not qualify.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I see you trying to point the finger at the church to produce the AC

But scripture points to the Jews

If the church produces a man who comes claiming to be Jehovah who hates Jesus and loves Judaism and says He never had a son named Jesus to die for mankind and that doctrine is a lie from false witnesses and he leads the armies of the nations who are likeminded to mt meggido to seek to take over Jerusalem

Then I might believe you
Where does it say any of that.?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative

Jesus is the rightful King of Israel. The Antichrist, to become the Antichrist, must be anointed the King of Israel, coming in his own name. The Pope does not qualify.
Where does it say that?

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative

As Joseph Mede said.
The Jews were expecting the Messiah to come when he did come, but they were looking for a Messiah of their own imagination, a king who would rule over the world.

Likewise the church was expecting Antichrist to come when he did come, but they were expecting an Antichrist of their own imagination one who would rule over the world.

Mede died in 1633. He was correct. The Antichrist was to assume head of what should be the church. I.e. a fake Christ. He came!, he is.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
He will exalt himself above every God even sitting on the temple of God claiming to be God

He will exalt himself above every Elohim even sitting in the temple of YHVH claiming to be YHVH

To call yourself YHVH and make people believe you are YHVH is blasphemous against YHVH
Oh that is not what the scripture says.
2 Thessalonians 2:4. Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

All that is CALLED GOD. what is called God in the papal religion the good god, the wafer. The paper exalted himself when he is seated on the high altar above the 'host'.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As Joseph Mede said.
The Jews were expecting the Messiah to come when he did come, but they were looking for a Messiah of their own imagination, a king who would rule over the world.

Likewise the church was expecting Antichrist to come when he did come, but they were expecting an Antichrist of their own imagination one who would rule over the world.

Mede died in 1633. He was correct. The Antichrist was to assume head of what should be the church. I.e. a fake Christ. He came!, he is.
The Jews were looking for a messiah to be the King of Israel, descended from king David, who would bring all of the Jews back to the land of Israel, and free them from the Roman occupation.

They still are. The Pope is not qualified to be the King of Israel. The person has to be a Jew.

You can go to any Jewish website and read what they are expecting of the Messsiah.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
The Jews were looking for a messiah to be the King of Israel, descended from king David, who would bring all of the Jews back to the land of Israel, and free them from the Roman occupation.

They still are. The Pope is not qualified to be the King of Israel. The person has to be a Jew.

You can go to any Jewish website and read what they are expecting of the Messsiah.
Of course he isn't. As mede said you are looking for an Antichrist of your own imagination. The church expected antichrist to come after the descent of the empire into 10 states. This happened after the empire was taken out of the way.

Remember this. John said antichrists come out from among them, that is they are false Christians same as the antichrist who was at that time to come.

It doesn't matter what the Jews think about the Messiah, you think the Antichrist is going to be king of Israel. No he is not. But more than the king of Israel, the Pope claims to be king of all the world. And not only that but king over heaven and hell, hence his triple crown. Not only that he claims to be king of kings. Not only that popes have claimed to be able to do almost all that God can do and have called themselves God on earth.

These are the great words which the little horn spake which astonished Daniel in chapter 7.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Remember this. John said antichrists come out from among them, that is they are false Christians same as the antichrist who was at that time to come.
John likened Christians who were departing Christ to the coming Antichrist by calling them antichrists because the coming Antichrist will deny that Jesus is the messiah and not the Son of God.

It doesn't matter what the Jews think about the Messiah, you think the Antichrist is going to be king of Israel.
What the Jews (Judaism) believe is critical to understanding the end times and the person of the Antichrist. If you would read what it says in Matthew and Mark about the Jews' understanding the messiah was to be the promised great King of Israel, descended from David, who would lead them and the world into the messiah age - you would realized that the Pope is not qualified.

Matthew 27 :
41 Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said,

42 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.

Do you read that "the King of Israel" ?

Mark 15:
31 Likewise also the chief priests mocking said among themselves with the scribes, He saved others; himself he cannot save.

32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

Do you read that "Christ the King of Israel" ?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
These are the great words which the little horn spake which astonished Daniel in chapter 7.
The little horn in Daniel 7 and 8 is time of the end. The great words that he speaks against God is after he becomes the beast-king in Revelation 13. As the beast-king, he will rule the world for 42 months, ending with Jesus's return. The little horn is not the Pope nor papacy. The little horn is not a historic person.

Revelation 13;5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh that is not what the scripture says.
2 Thessalonians 2:4. Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

All that is CALLED GOD. what is called God in the papal religion the good god, the wafer. The paper exalted himself when he is seated on the high altar above the 'host'.

I know you think the AC is the pope but that will not fulfill true prophecy

The true AC comes after the coming false Messianic age … He arrives at the end of the that age which does not take place in our lifetime.. We are not in the false messianic age yet but it may manifest itself someday soon

Upvote 0