Abyss
✟8,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For countless years people have screamed it's the end and jumped off cliffs, spires, skyscrapers etc just to avoid the possibility of such a fate. Even now millions watched the skies waiting to see the imminent fire and brimstone rain down upon us. So what do you think? Are we at the end of days? How does the book of Revelation imply to the world around us in your point of view? Is it sensationalist nonsense?? It may be a depressing subject for a thread but only in CF can you find in-depth and enlightened views :)

• Friendly
Reactions: drjean

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I mean, technically yes. Every minute is one minute closer to tomorrow; so in that sense we are nearer to the Eschaton today then we were yesterday. But whether the Lord's Parousia happens today or in ten thousand years no one can say. So we probably shouldn't, and in fact the Lord tells us we can't.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
For countless years people have screamed it's the end and jumped off cliffs, spires, skyscrapers etc just to avoid the possibility of such a fate. Even now millions watched the skies waiting to see the imminent fire and brimstone rain down upon us. So what do you think? Are we at the end of days? How does the book of Revelation imply to the world around us in your point of view? Is it sensationalist nonsense?? It may be a depressing subject for a thread but only in CF can you find in-depth and enlightened views :)
You never know about these things. It's best to be prepared.

• Agree
Reactions: Eisen Sphere
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I could not reply in the poll because I believe we ARE in the end times!
God said we would know these by all the things Christ listed as end times events happening more and more and being worse and worse. I've watched it be so since my accepting of Christ in 1967! Things we had no idea of "how" are now understood and we're seeing them too!

The signs in the stars and the moon and sun are just a small part, but just as His first coming was told by them, the end times sky also tells of His soon coming!

I. AM. SO. EXCITED!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Eisen Sphere
Upvote 0

Eisen Sphere

Feb 3, 2018
Abyss
✟8,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I could not reply in the poll because I believe we ARE in the end times!
God said we would know these by all the things Christ listed as end times events happening more and more and being worse and worse. I've watched it be so since my accepting of Christ in 1967! Things we had no idea of "how" are now understood and we're seeing them too!

The signs in the stars and the moon and sun are just a small part, but just as His first coming was told by them, the end times sky also tells of His soon coming!

I. AM. SO. EXCITED!
Obviously but I definitely don't blame you.

• Friendly
Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,456.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As soon as we die, our particular judgement takes place immediately.

So while there'll be a literal second coming, with all that implies, we're going to face judgment whether we die in the most peaceful of circumstances, in the middle of some earth shattering catastrophe, or for that matter, are subsumed in Christ's reappearance.

We need to be prepared at all times since no man knows the day or the hour, either of our own death, or the end of time.

Upvote 0