Revelation 19/Armageddon is NOT the second coming.

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Then Jesus did declare the end. There was not a 400 year margin of error.

You made it seem like no one could know even after 1900 years from the time Jesus was on the earth.

Wrong Jesus said the end would not come until the Gospel has been preached to the entire world, and in Revelation 14, that's completed by angels during the time of the Mark of the Beast.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wrong Jesus said the end would not come until the Gospel has been preached to the entire world, and in Revelation 14, that's completed by angels during the time of the Mark of the Beast.
For what it's worth, I agree that Rev 19 is not strictly the 2nd coming. Rev 14 already has Jesus with the symbolic 144,000 on symbolic Mt Zion.

Backing up a bit:
1 Thess 4
15For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord,d that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.​
At the 5th Seal, the 'dead in Christ' have not yet risen (they are 'under the altar' Revelation 6:9)

At the 7th Seal, the 'dead in Christ' are 'risen' in heaven (the 'great multitude' 'coming out of the great tribulation on the Feast of Tabernacles).

The living in Christ, 'who are alive & left', are 'sealed' and are the '144,000' (Gentiles are 'grafted into the tribes' Romans 11:17).

The sealed and protected '144,000' are still on the earth - not 'raptured', but 'gathered'. When Paul says, 'the living are caught up in the clouds and in the air' - it is to be gathered onto Mt. Zion ( -the mountain being 'in the clouds & up in the air').

Rev 14 is showing the gathering onto Mt Zion

Ezek 34
12As a shepherd seeks out his flock when he is among his sheep that have been scattered, so will I seek out my sheep, and I will rescue them from all places where they have been scattered on a day of clouds and thick darkness. 13And I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries, and will bring them into their own land. And I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the ravines, and in all the inhabited places of the country. 14I will feed them with good pasture, and on the mountain heights of Israel shall be their grazing land. There they shall lie down in good grazing land, and on rich pasture they shall feed on the mountains of Israel. 15I myself will be the shepherd of my sheep, and I myself will make them lie down, declares the Lord God.​

Also, Joel 2:32

These people who are gathered onto the 'mountains of Israel' will be attacked by Gog soon thereafter during the millennium per Ezek 38.

So, there are a couple of different time frames mentioned in Rev 14: the firstfruits (the 144,000) (firstfruits is celebrating Shavuot/ Pentecost harvest in Numbers 28:26) and the grape harvest/ winepress with grapes of wrath which is a clear allusion to the Feast of Tabernacles (celebrating the grape harvest).

the following is what seems most reasonable to me

70%20wks%20Section%20F%20jpeg.jpg

70%20wks%20and%20144,000%20jpeg.jpg

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For what it's worth, I agree that Rev 19 is not strictly the 2nd coming. Rev 14 already has Jesus with the symbolic 144,000 on symbolic Mt Zion.

Backing up a bit:
1 Thess 4
15For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord,d that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.​
At the 5th Seal, the 'dead in Christ' have not yet risen (they are 'under the altar' Revelation 6:9)

At the 7th Seal, the 'dead in Christ' are 'risen' in heaven (the 'great multitude' 'coming out of the great tribulation on the Feast of Tabernacles).

The living in Christ, 'who are alive & left', are 'sealed' and are the '144,000' (Gentiles are 'grafted into the tribes' Romans 11:17).

The sealed and protected '144,000' are still on the earth - not 'raptured', but 'gathered'. When Paul says, 'the living are caught up in the clouds and in the air' - it is to be gathered onto Mt. Zion ( -the mountain being 'in the clouds & up in the air').

Rev 14 is showing the gathering onto Mt Zion

Ezek 34
12As a shepherd seeks out his flock when he is among his sheep that have been scattered, so will I seek out my sheep, and I will rescue them from all places where they have been scattered on a day of clouds and thick darkness. 13And I will bring them out from the peoples and gather them from the countries, and will bring them into their own land. And I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the ravines, and in all the inhabited places of the country. 14I will feed them with good pasture, and on the mountain heights of Israel shall be their grazing land. There they shall lie down in good grazing land, and on rich pasture they shall feed on the mountains of Israel. 15I myself will be the shepherd of my sheep, and I myself will make them lie down, declares the Lord God.​

Also, Joel 2:32

These people who are gathered onto the 'mountains of Israel' will be attacked by Gog soon thereafter during the millennium per Ezek 38.

So, there are a couple of different time frames mentioned in Rev 14: the firstfruits (the 144,000) (firstfruits is celebrating Shavuot/ Pentecost harvest in Numbers 28:26) and the grape harvest/ winepress with grapes of wrath which is a clear allusion to the Feast of Tabernacles (celebrating the grape harvest).

the following is what seems most reasonable to me

70%20wks%20Section%20F%20jpeg.jpg

where are the pics from

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is an edited version of the last graph. Made a bad error, put Isaiah 51:25 when it should be Jeremiah 51:25 showing the 'burning mountain', the 1st fall of Babylon. Also added in Deut 16:13 to show Feast of Tabernacles is the grape harvest (which it definitely is, but it is important to show it Biblically.

Upvote 0