The small everyday things in life which make us smile. (Please read OP)

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Had to come to a horrible decision. I had to give up Bear. I could not give him the exercise he needed, I could not afford the grooming he needed, I couldn't even afford the shots he needed nor the food and treats. I called the shelter and since I am in wheelchair and have no transportation, animal control came and got him. It totally broke my heart. I cried for the 8 days he was there. I had typed a 2 page letter describing all his likes and dislikes and telling all about hi8m, and with my name and phone number and that I had 30 lbs of food, blankets, cooling mat, 2 big boxes of denta styx and toys. On that 8th day, late in the afternoon I got a call. It was from a native/American/Italian woman who took him home. She had gotten a word from her Creator (her name for God) back in Jan. that she was to get another dog and his name would be Bear. When she saw him, she knew he was the one. She already had his name tag and will not change his name.
I can not tell you how happy this made me. She came a few days later, with pictures of her home and her 2 other dogs and the large back yard. He immediately took to her. She picked up all his things to make him feel more at ease and his food bowl also. He is happy and though I miss him horribly---he has a much better home. I look at his pictures every time I am sad and feel happy for him. The toys are all the toys she already had.

~

~

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Had to come to a horrible decision. I had to give up Bear. I could not give him the exercise he needed, I could not afford the grooming he needed, I couldn't even afford the shots he needed nor the food and treats. I called the shelter and since I am in wheelchair and have no transportation, animal control came and got him. It totally broke my heart. I cried for the 8 days he was there. I had typed a 2 page letter describing all his likes and dislikes and telling all about hi8m, and with my name and phone number and that I had 30 lbs of food, blankets, cooling mat, 2 big boxes of denta styx and toys. On that 8th day, late in the afternoon I got a call. It was from a native/American/Italian woman who took him home. She had gotten a word from her Creator (her name for God) back in Jan. that she was to get another dog and his name would be Bear. When she saw him, she knew he was the one. She already had his name tag and will not change his name.
I can not tell you how happy this made me. She came a few days later, with pictures of her home and her 2 other dogs and the large back yard. He immediately took to her. She picked up all his things to make him feel more at ease and his food bowl also. He is happy and though I miss him horribly---he has a much better home. I look at his pictures every time I am sad and feel happy for him. The toys are all the toys she already had.

That is a real warm fuzzy. Thank you.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced

~

~
Oh mmksparbud it is so sad that you've had to give up Bear :hug: but you've shown him real love by putting his interests first. How good though that the Lord already had a plan for him and has given him a good home with a Christian woman. I'm glad that you're happy for him and hope that it will ease much of the hurt of not having him with you now. Bless you my sister. That is a sad but lovely/happy story.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
A Jack Russell Terrier meeting a skunk for the first time.

The second time was almost as bad. But, there was a learning curve ---- the third time she killed the skunk without getting sprayed.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Oh mmksparbud it is so sad that you've had to give up Bear :hug: but you've shown him real love by putting his interests first. How good though that the Lord already had a plan for him and has given him a good home with a Christian woman. I'm glad that you're happy for him and hope that it will ease much of the hurt of not having him with you now. Bless you my sister. That is a sad but lovely/happy story.

I had fought so hard against giving him up. And cried and agonized over it---and spent those 8 days in a totally horrible crying jag, thinking he would be there maybe forever for he is 10 years old and not everyone will take a dog that old, she has one that is 15! Here God had already had it all taken care of back in Jan.--He had just been waiting for me to give him up! What really saddens me is the knowledge that I will never have any pet again. I can't get them to the vet even if I could afford one later on. Even a cat has to go to the vet for shots and they always end up getting hurt or something requiring a vet. I guess I'm just going to have to get a real fur coat!!

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I like to listen to good Christian music while I post on CF, and my favorite is Southern Gospel.

Southern Gospel Radio

It's free - no strings attached - and all you have to do is leave the link open when you change sites. I'm listening to it now. Try it - you just might like it.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I had fought so hard against giving him up. And cried and agonized over it---and spent those 8 days in a totally horrible crying jag, thinking he would be there maybe forever for he is 10 years old and not everyone will take a dog that old, she has one that is 15! Here God had already had it all taken care of back in Jan.--He had just been waiting for me to give him up! What really saddens me is the knowledge that I will never have any pet again. I can't get them to the vet even if I could afford one later on. Even a cat has to go to the vet for shots and they always end up getting hurt or something requiring a vet. I guess I'm just going to have to get a real fur coat!!
I know it must have been horrible for those 8 days - I feel for you.

I understand about not having a pet again. Our cat died some time ago. I can't have pets where I live now but even if I could the expense of food, injections, insurance etc. would be more than I could manage. My neighbour's cat visits from time to time. Do you have any who do that?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I know it must have been horrible for those 8 days - I feel for you.

I understand about not having a pet again. Our cat died some time ago. I can't have pets where I live now but even if I could the expense of food, injections, insurance etc. would be more than I could manage. My neighbour's cat visits from time to time. Do you have any who do that?

I have a friend who brings her black lab over once in a while. His name is Bailey. Bear absolutely loved him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I have a friend who brings her black lab over once in a while. His name is Bailey. Bear absolutely loved him.
I hope you enjoy seeing Bailey, but I appreciate it's not the same.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Aaaah pets, we always had a cat, and two cats once. They always lived long happy lives and gave us lots of pleasure. We think that we are too old for another cat, so we enjoy watching the birds in the garden. :)

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
My friend brought her dog Bailey over last night. He ran all over the house looking for Bear, we let him out the back yard and he looked all around there, came back and kept looking for awhile before he finally settled down. He wasn't as happy. It was nice to have some fur to run my hands through again. Then that earthquake hit. We were surprised he did not react, even though it was longer and stronger than when he had been at home before--he had gone crazy barking and running in circles,she said. This time,, he just stood still staring at the wall. Weird.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
My friend brought her dog Bailey over last night. He ran all over the house looking for Bear, we let him out the back yard and he looked all around there, came back and kept looking for awhile before he finally settled down. He wasn't as happy. It was nice to have some fur to run my hands through again. Then that earthquake hit. We were surprised he did not react, even though it was longer and stronger than when he had been at home before--he had gone crazy barking and running in circles,she said. This time,, he just stood still staring at the wall. Weird.
I'm glad you had your friend and Bailey over last night and hope that having another dog there, for a while, helped with no longer having Bear. I see that Bailey is missing him too. I trust that you were all okay after the earthquake :eek: and your property wasn't damaged.

Upvote 0