The small everyday things in life which make us smile. (Please read OP)

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The fuchsias still flowering.

Fuchsias and gardenias are amongst my top favorite flowers---I've grown just about everything there is to grow---I can not grow them. I've killed 4 gardenias, and just as many if not more, fuchsias. I have given up on both, esp. now that I live in Las Vegas, NV. But my friend grows gardenias----she gave me one plant when my husband died, so did one of his best friends---buried them too. Breaks my heart.
One of my favorite perfumes is Gardenia by Elizabeth Taylor. I knew a lady who lived down around Monterey Bay---she had just about every variety of fuchsia there is. It was just beautiful. For now, pictures will have to do.

I didn't know that gardenias came in different colors.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Fuchsias and gardenias are amongst my top favorite flowers---I've grown just about everything there is to grow---I can not grow them. I've killed 4 gardenias, and just as many if not more, fuchsias. I have given up on both, esp. now that I live in Las Vegas, NV. But my friend grows gardenias----she gave me one plant when my husband died, so did one of his best friends---buried them too. Breaks my heart.
One of my favorite perfumes is Gardenia by Elizabeth Taylor. I knew a lady who lived down around Monterey Bay---she had just about every variety of fuchsia there is. It was just beautiful. For now, pictures will have to do.

I didn't know that gardenias came in different colors.
Such beautiful photos, we have some fuchsia plants in the garden, small and not as magnificent, but as long as we keep removing the dead heads they keep popping up new flowers. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Warm bedrooms and cosy duvets, especially when it is below freezing outdoors and it is a morning I can get up when I like!
I can remember the days before double glazing and central heating, in my family home, watching the beautiful ice pictures that Jack Frost painted on the windows during the night. :)

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I can remember the days before double glazing and central heating, in my family home, watching the beautiful ice pictures that Jack Frost painted on the windows during the night. :)
Double glazing is a real treat. I live in a low level row of apartments. One of the benefits is that double glazing not only keeps the flat warm, but also I get the benefit of surrounding warmth from my neighbours, to the extent that I don't always need to keep my heating on.

I do sometimes miss the frosty ice pictures on the windows. It reminds us how fortunate we are to be indoors! The only specks I can see out of my window is what the pigeons have left whilst I was away, but having got frozen, it should be easier and less messy clearing them up!

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Double glazing is a real treat. I live in a low level row of apartments. One of the benefits is that double glazing not only keeps the flat warm, but also I get the benefit of surrounding warmth from my neighbours, to the extent that I don't always need to keep my heating on.

I do sometimes miss the frosty ice pictures on the windows. It reminds us how fortunate we are to be indoors! The only specks I can see out of my window is what the pigeons have left whilst I was away, but having got frozen, it should be easier and less messy clearing them up!
That is insulating - not to need the heating. :)

Both double-glazing and central heating make me smile.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I got another update on Bear. His new Mom lost both her 2 older dogs one week apart. She was devastated and Bear was very lonely. I was very glad she had Bear to comfort her. She went and got another dog from the shelter, a shepherd chow mix. I don't see any chow in her. She's 3 years old and they fell in love. They are inseparable and play so hard she wears him out--for once he is getting all the play time he can handle! I don't know if you can get the pictures by clicking on the X's. I couldn't get them up any other way. Bear looks sooooo very fluffy--she takes good care of him.

~

~

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I got another update on Bear. His new Mom lost both her 2 older dogs one week apart. She was devastated and Bear was very lonely. I was very glad she had Bear to comfort her. She went and got another dog from the shelter, a shepherd chow mix. I don't see any chow in her. She's 3 years old and they fell in love. They are inseparable and play so hard she wears him out--for once he is getting all the play time he can handle! I don't know if you can get the pictures by clicking on the X's. I couldn't get them up any other way. Bear looks sooooo very fluffy--she rakes good care of him.

~

~
I couldn't get.the pictures but your description makes me smile that Bear was able to comfort his new Mum and another smile when I read that Bear has a new friend that was rescued from a shelter. 3 smiles:)
:):) Thank you!!!!

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My little dog Hank loves toys. This morning he brought my wife and I a stuffed chicken and a stuffed duck - both squeak. We can't believe it - he took one and let us have the other one. He usually doesn't share his toys. By the way, we got the duck.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had worried about long dried grass in a little paddock (too rough to now) and I had thought I was going to have to try to whipper snip it ( I haven't been well, plus my physical). When I put a flyer up in local bakery I prayed someone would answer. This morning, someone is going to put a few sheep in for me!:ram:
This might sound silly, but I am so happy!
It has worked out for both of us well- I get the grass down and the sheep get some roughage as it is so dry here, I will love to see them there, I used to let my horse out of his stable and yard to keep it down but he died late 2015 at the age of 36.
I still miss him.
Oh I'm sorry for the long post, but it has put a smile on my face.
God is so good and cares for us in things we need.
My heart is filled to overflow.:heart:

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I got another update on Bear. His new Mom lost both her 2 older dogs one week apart. She was devastated and Bear was very lonely. I was very glad she had Bear to comfort her. She went and got another dog from the shelter, a shepherd chow mix. I don't see any chow in her. She's 3 years old and they fell in love. They are inseparable and play so hard she wears him out--for once he is getting all the play time he can handle! I don't know if you can get the pictures by clicking on the X's. I couldn't get them up any other way. Bear looks sooooo very fluffy--she takes good care of him.
~
How sad to lose two dogs so close together, but God knew it was going to happen and arranged for Bear to go to her. He is so good! Now Bear has a new playmate too. It is such a lovely story and I hope it blesses you mmksparbud to know that he is well and cared for. :)

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I had worried about long dried grass in a little paddock (too rough to now) and I had thought I was going to have to try to whipper snip it ( I haven't been well, plus my physical). When I put a flyer up in local bakery I prayed someone would answer. This morning, someone is going to put a few sheep in for me!:ram:
This might sound silly, but I am so happy!
It has worked out for both of us well- I get the grass down and the sheep get some roughage as it is so dry here, I will love to see them there, I used to let my horse out of his stable and yard to keep it down but he died late 2015 at the age of 36.
I still miss him.
Oh I'm sorry for the long post, but it has put a smile on my face.
God is so good and cares for us in things we need.
My heart is filled to overflow.:heart:
..and another story of how good God is! It's wonderful how He works things out for us. :)

Upvote 0