AZ
✟102,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What sin? I don't have no stinking sin. Is it a sin not to admit to any sin? I suspect it is. So I must admit to, at least, the sin of swearing falsely, albeit with secret certainty that I really am sinless. Perhaps I wear the hard armor of the incorrigible sinner, for who can change what they cannot see or admit?

Upvote 0

Kevinw05

Kevin White
Oct 28, 2019
Birmingham, AL
✟4,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I'm not one to tell you to stop remember that's something the Bible speaks of. All I can say is repent and have control over them unless you simply just cannot control it any longer. If you seek to be perfect in actions then first you must learn to always realize what your doing and learn to discern the difference. When you begin being perfect in action then one must not need to ever question if what one is doing is right or wrong.

Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟102,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I struggle with bitterness, it is a very heavy burden I carry daily.
For me, bitterness is the sadness of the Fall, having to live in a sinful world at the mercy of cruel and unjust circumstances occasioned by man's fallen nature. It is a mourning for a fallen world, as I understand it from reading St. Francis, Merton and other theologians. Bitterness is sadness bulwarked, a redoubt against the grief for what must have been and what could be, but only in Eden or Kingdom Come.
I hope this is clear. It is a nebulous thought I am trying to shape into words.

• Friendly
Reactions: Jonaitis
Upvote 0

Kevinw05

Kevin White
Oct 28, 2019
Birmingham, AL
✟4,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What sin? I don't have no stinking sin. Is it a sin not to admit to any sin? I suspect it is. So I must admit to, at least, the sin of swearing falsely, albeit with secret certainty that I really am sinless. Perhaps I wear the hard armor of the incorrigible sinner, for who can change what they cannot see or admit?
Hah good one..and yes it is a sin to deny a sin when your really guilty of it..I should know.

• Friendly
Reactions: QvQ
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I struggle with elevating myself above him; when I forget to love him with all my heart, soul, and intensity.

4 Hear, Israel! Yahweh is our Elohim; Yahweh the only One. 5 So you will love Yahweh your Elohim with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your intensity. 6 These words which I am instructing you today will come to be in your heart. 7 Repeat them to your sons, and speak of them when you sit in your house, when you walk on the road, when you lie down and when you arise. 8 Tie them for a sign on your hand, and they will come to be for the brow bands between your eyes;" 9 Write them on the jambs of your house and on your gates.

Upvote 0

Kevinw05

Kevin White
Oct 28, 2019
Birmingham, AL
✟4,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Tell me what you said when you swore falsely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟102,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Tell me what you said when you swore falsely.
"I ain't got no stinking sin." Perhaps I am correct. Perhaps God leads us in the paths of righteousness so we do become less sinful. I may be fairly clean after all, God willing. Just can't think of any sin I have committed lately except I have been too involved in secular business and not mindful of the abiding presence of God.

Upvote 0

Kevinw05

Kevin White
Oct 28, 2019
Birmingham, AL
✟4,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For me, bitterness is the sadness of the Fall, having to live in a sinful world at the mercy of cruel and unjust circumstances occasioned by man's fallen nature. It is a mourning for a fallen world, as I understand it from reading St. Francis, Merton and other theologians. Bitterness is sadness bulwarked, a redoubt against the grief for what must have been and what could be, but only in Eden or Kingdom Come.
I hope this is clear. It is a nebulous thought I am trying to shape into words.
Bitterness is, to me, a different form of hatred in which there is jealousy involved.

Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟102,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the Bible Ephesians 4:31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.
1 Samuel 15:32 Agag said, “Surely the bitterness of death is past.
It is the second meaning that is "bitter" as the surround of sorrow. The mourning for the travails of a fallen world. Bitterness walls grief.
I thought, reading this thread, that one possible proof of heaven is that we know of it, we know this is not the best of all possible worlds. We bear it, we suffer wickedness with rue and bitterness because we know better. But is the bitterness of death.

Upvote 0

Kevinw05

Kevin White
Oct 28, 2019
Birmingham, AL
✟4,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One doesn't need to die. If you will take the time God has given you to read your Bible from front to back and continue to do so(if you do this, then you will know why and do not forget to pray some while reading) then you will learn that it doesn't benefit anyone at your death. Nor my death, or anyone's (except for the people fit for death). Read your Bible to learn how you can become immortal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟758,158.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'll keep my sins to myself, but I'll say this much. On those (too rare) occasions when I front up for reconciliation (confession), it's the same boring old sins time after time after time. I think I could just about put them on a CD and send that off to reconciliation instead.

I think most of us have our pet sins, which we treat almost as well as the family dog. We may not even be tempted in some other areas, but our pet sins - they're really persistent.

Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I struggle with bitterness, it is a very heavy burden I carry daily.

I've struggled with bitterness since my adolescence (I'm 43 now) due to abuse and trauma I endured through my early 20s. I have made HUGE progress, however, as I've largely dealt with the self-pity and entitlement attitude that has helped fuel my bitterness (and corresponding resentment). Only by resting in God's unconditional love and forgiveness have I been able to safely confront these problems.

Upvote 0