Akron
✟72,099.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
There is talk about the Battle of Armageddon, what well happen and were. Isaiah 66:24 says: “And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”

For 1,000 years people will see the results of what happens when people rebel against God.

For a nuclear bomb to turn the ground into a sea of glass it has to be sand, not clay. I did a bit of research and the soil at Armageddon is made up of sand. Israel has made it clear that they will use nuclear weapons to defend themselves if they fell they have to survive.

We read in Zechariah 14 "3Then the LORD will go out to fight against those nations, as He fights in the day of battle. 4On that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half the mountain moving to the north and half to the south.

Fifty years ago plate technotics was just a theory, not it is proven. We ask how can you split east and west, north and south at the same time? We know this is exactly what would happen at the Mount of Olives due to plate technotices. We know that the Arab Continental plate is 1500 by 1500 by 1500 miles. This means mineral rights and airspace. This is the size of the Arab continental plate the land that God gave to Abraham and his descendants.

Revelation 21:16 "The city is laid out as a square, and its length is as great as the width; and he measured the city with the rod, fifteen hundred miles; its length and width and height are equal."

They knew nothing about plate technotics and nuclear bombs when the Bible was written.

• Informative
Reactions: SavedByGrace3

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have long wondered about the sea of glass imagery here in Revelation. I've read the commentaries, but really just am not sure. Thanks for raising the subject. You have a unique way of looking at it, but I suspect in John's time it had little to do with the effects of nuclear war. Still, God certainly anticipated nuclear war, and would've used symbols consistent with modern technology, if He intended to speak to our own generation about it.

It seems to have to do with the imagery of Israel's march out of Egypt by the Red Sea, and perhaps with the Temple Laver, also called "the Sea." The Laver had a reflective metal.

What the Sea means I'm not sure except that some view it as a symbol of anarchy in humanity. It is an untamable wilderness of human society. By contrast, the multitude of saints are on solid ground and reflect the image of Christ. Beyond this I really don't know, and still don't think I really understand.

Upvote 0