Oct 7, 2014
✟490,064.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
this is no personal judgement i can assure you..
No, im not perfect and i have never claim to be...
the 4th commandment is about a "rest" on a particular "day"
There is much emphasis in the Bible on the Sabbath; rest is not emphasized other than resting from sin and evil in the sanctuary of God. The first word of the 4th commandment is Remember, then keep the Sabbath sanctified, the seventh day is the Sabbath (rest) of the Lord our God, the seventh day is blessed. None of these things apply to Sunday.

For man, the Sabbath should be a Holy assembly.

Upvote 0

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus did preach His law- telling us not to break or teach others to break the least of these quoting from the Ten Commandments Mat 5:19-30. How many times does He need to repeat Himself for us to believe.
When Christ mentioned breaking ‘the least of these,’ what He is referring to has absolutely nothing to do with Jewish law keeping. And he doesn’t stop at Matthew 5:30 either. Keep on reading through to Matthew Chapter 7 in order to see the rest of Christ’s commandments in that passage and observe everything within full proper context. And notice how there is no mention of any sabbath, which we know you do not keep by biblical standards anyway..ironically, I guarantee you’ve made posts here on this website about the sabbath on the sabbath day before..causing the employees at your ISP to have to work, causing the CF staff and volunteers to have to work as well, and if you did it from a desktop PC, or laptop/iPad/smartphone which you had plugged into a power source on that day, you’ve caused the employees at the power and electric facility to have to work..all violations of the sabbath, and all the workers must be put to death per Exodus 35:2. If we’re going to strive for the law, let’s not cherry pick. There’s over 600 more that must be kept. Speaking of which..

“But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.”
—Titus 3:9

These are Christ’s commandments, this is what he was referring to in that passage, the least of these:

“For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.”
—Matthew 5:20 (the law people ought to really mediate on that one)

Matthew 5:22, Matthew 5:24, Matthew 5:25, Matthew 5:28, and so on..all the way through Matthew chapter 7..the least of those commandments. The parts of the 10 commandments He referred to, yes we should keep those but I am not seeing any reference to any sabbath in that passage. Wonder why.

“Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.” —Colossians 2:16-17

“In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.”
Colossians 2:11-15

“If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.”
Hebrews 7:11-12

“Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods. But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.”
Galatians 4:8-11

“For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.”
Matthew 23:4

But if you aim to keep God’s law, you’ve got over 600 to maintain. You break one you break em all, James 2:10. The sabbath keeping itself consists of various laws (that we know you don’t keep all of).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When Christ mentioned breaking ‘the least of these,’ what He is referring to has absolutely nothing to do with Jewish law keeping. And he doesn’t stop at Matthew 5:30 either. Keep on reading through to Matthew Chapter 7 in order to see the rest of Christ’s commandments in that passage and observe everything within full proper context. And notice how there is no mention of any sabbath, which we know you do not keep by biblical standards anyway..ironically, I guarantee you’ve made posts here on this website about the sabbath on the sabbath day before..causing the employees at your ISP to have to work, causing the CF staff and volunteers to have to work as well, and if you did it from a desktop PC, or laptop/iPad/smartphone which you had plugged into a power source on that day, you’ve caused the employees at the power and electric facility to have to work..all violations of the sabbath, and all the workers must be put to death per Exodus 35:2. If we’re going to strive for the law, let’s not cherry pick. There’s over 600 more that must be kept. Speaking of which..

“But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.”
—Titus 3:9
These are Christ’s commandments, this is what he was referring to in that passable, the least of these:
“For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.”
—Matthew 5:20 (the law people ought to really mediate on that one)
Matthew 5:22, Matthew 5:24, Matthew 5:25, Matthew 5:28, and so on..all the way through Matthew chapter 7..the least of those commandments. The parts of the 10 commandments He referred to, yes we should keep those but I am not seeing any reference to any sabbath in that passage. Wonder why.
“Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.” —Colossians 2:16-17
“In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.”
Colossians 2:11-15
“If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.”
Hebrews 7:11-12

“Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods. But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.”
Galatians 4:8-11
“For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.”
Matthew 23:4

But if you aim to keep God’s law, you’ve got over 600 to maintain. You break one you break em all, James 2:10. The sabbath keeping itself consists of various laws (that we know you don’t keep all of).
Why go all over the place instead of just quoting the commandments Jesus was referring to after He said the least of these commandments and then directly quoted the commandments He was referring to in the same passage which is the context. Mat 5:19-30 The scriptures will reveal itself if we allow it to.

You might want to read James 2:10-12 as well, because he is only quoting and contrasting the Ten thou shalt not murder and thou shalt not commit adultery are only from the Ten Commandments breaking one we break them all and God who is referenced as speaking these are found in Exodus 20- not 600 other laws. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟490,064.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Why go all over the place instead of just quoting the commandments Jesus was referring to after He said the least of these commandments and then directly quoted the commandments He was referring to in the same passage. Mat 5:19-30 The context will reveal itself if we allow it to.

You might want to read James 2:10-12 as well, because it is only quoting and contrasting the Ten, not 600 other commandments. :)
Moses allowed for exceptions and so did Jesus. Moses allowed for stock to be attended to on the Sabbath, Jesus allows doing good on the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Moses allowed for exceptions and so did Jesus. Moses allowed for stock to be attended to on the Sabbath, Jesus allows doing good on the Sabbath.
I am referring to the context of Mat 5:19-30 and James 2:10-12 which is about the Ten Commandments.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,656.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Jehovah Witnesses comply to your definition.
Irrelevant.

What matters is that no day keeping is given to Christians. Seventh Day Adventists and some other "solo" individuals inspired by the Old Testament are wrong.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I detect a change in your presentation, Are you watching Creflo Dollar.
You are correct, I usually do not react to posts like I did yours. I mostly overlook others that say we are lawless. You hit me with that thought at the wrong time because I really do dislike anyone labeling those who do not believe we are under the dictates of the ten commandments as be lawless.

As to the Dollar guy, I had never heard of him, so I looked him up. You seem to know about him, so please tell me how I I am relating to his ministry.

Upvote 0

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why go all over the place instead of just quoting the commandments Jesus was referring to after He said the least of these commandments and then directly quoted the commandments He was referring to in the same passage which is the context. Mat 5:19-30 The scriptures will reveal itself if we allow it to.

You might want to read James 2:10-12 as well, because he is only quoting and contrasting the Ten thou shalt not murder and thou shalt not commit adultery are only from the Ten Commandments breaking one we break them all and God who is referenced as speaking these are found in Exodus 20- not 600 other laws. :)
I am not going all over the place though. Only reading straight on through. With all due respect, and I do not say this to be unkind, like the majority of adherents of the modern western religious system, you are cherry picking small segments of scripture and conforming it to a manmade doctrine. In order to obtain the full message Christ was preaching, you need to read the passage in it’s entirety for proper context, which means read on through the entirety of chapter 7. Those commandments Christ mentioned from the latter end of chapter 5 straight on through to chapter 7 are the commandments He was referring to in Matthew 5:19. And there’s absolutely nothing in there about any sabbath. Which makes it quite obvious, the new covenant does not entail sabbath keeping.

This modern sabbath keeping doctrine is just wacky. The two greatest commandments Christ gave were to love God with all our heart, soul, and mind, and to love our neighbor as ourselves. But all across the world on every Saturday, virtually all sabbath keepers (who are definitely not even keeping the sabbath by Torah standards, only more liberal manmade standards) ironically use resources, services, and infrastructure such as electric, city sourced water, roads, etc that cause for others to have to work on Saturday, which calls for them to be put to death under Torah law (Exodus 35:2). Not exactly what you’d call ‘loving your neighbor’, causing for them to have to work on the sabbath day in order to serve you..while you yourself aren’t even keeping the sabbath by God’s standards.

Show me just one place in the New Testament where it says sabbath keeping is required under the new covenant. No references to any of the ten commandments which require loving your neighbor as yourself such as Christ did in Matthew 5, but direct statements about sabbath keeping. If you cannot do that, you’re guilty of exactly what you accuse non-sabbatarians of, keeping for doctrines the commandments of men.

Now you’re doing what you accused me of LOL, jumping around. I have read James 2:10-12. However, you might want to read James 2:8-18 so that you have full context and proper interpretation. You can’t just cherry pick bits and pieces of scripture and distort them to fit a manmade narrative. James 2:8 mentions THE ROYAL LAW..loving thy neighbor..not the Israelite law. The Royal Law is what follows in the next verses..which are works of love toward one’s neighbor.

If you’re going to preach the Jewish law, you are held to more than just 10 of them..for example, keeping the sabbath is one of the 10, and that law contains other laws within it that need to be maintained, otherwise you break the sabbath law. You break one law of biblical sabbath keeping, you break the sabbath. And I guarantee you don’t just sit around in the dark on Friday evening until bedtime with no heating or cooling for your home. You probably make dinner for yourself too or eat out. You’re using electricity; causing for employees at the power and electric facility to have to work.

If you’re going to strive for the law you can’t just pick and choose, even if it was only the 10 commandments required, the 4th commandment entails several other commandments..like putting those to death whom you cause to work on the sabbath by providing you electric, internet, etc (Exodus 35:2).

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am not going all over the place though. Only reading straight on through. With all due respect, and I do not say this to be unkind, like the majority of adherents of the modern western religious system, you are cherry picking small segments of scripture and conforming it to a manmade doctrine. In order to obtain the full message Christ was preaching, you need to read the passage in it’s entirety for proper context, which means read on through the entirety of chapter 7. Those commandments Christ mentioned from the latter end of chapter 5 straight on through to chapter 7 are the commandments He was referring to in Matthew 5:19. And there’s absolutely nothing in there about any sabbath. Which makes it quite obvious, the new covenant does not entail sabbath keeping.

This modern sabbath keeping doctrine is just wacky. The two greatest commandments Christ gave were to love God with all our heart, soul, and mind, and to love our neighbor as ourselves. But all across the world on every Saturday, virtually all sabbath keepers (who are definitely not even keeping the sabbath by Torah standards, only more liberal manmade standards) ironically use resources, services, and infrastructure such as electric, city sourced water, roads, etc that cause for others to have to work on Saturday, which calls for them to be put to death under Torah law (Exodus 35:2). Not exactly what you’d call ‘loving your neighbor’, causing for them to have to work on the sabbath day in order to serve you..while you yourself aren’t even keeping the sabbath by God’s standards.

Show me just one place in the New Testament where it says sabbath keeping is required under the new covenant. No references to any of the ten commandments which require loving your neighbor as yourself such as Christ did in Matthew 5, but direct statements about sabbath keeping. If you cannot do that, you’re guilty of exactly what you accuse non-sabbatarians of, keeping for doctrines the commandments of men.

Now you’re doing what you accused me of LOL, jumping around. I have read James 2:10-12. However, you might want to read James 2:8-18 so that you have full context and proper interpretation. You can’t just cherry pick bits and pieces of scripture and distort them to fit a manmade narrative. James 2:8 mentions THE ROYAL LAW..loving thy neighbor..not the Israelite law. The Royal Law is what follows in the next verses..which are works of love toward one’s neighbor.

If you’re going to preach the Jewish law, you are held to more than just 10 of them..for example, keeping the sabbath is one of the 10, and that law contains other laws within it that need to be maintained, otherwise you break the sabbath law. You break one law of biblical sabbath keeping, you break the sabbath. And I guarantee you don’t just sit around in the dark on Friday evening until bedtime with no heating or cooling for your home. You probably make dinner for yourself too or eat out. You’re using electricity; causing for employees at the power and electric facility to have to work.

If you’re going to strive for the law you can’t just pick and choose, even if it was only the 10 commandments required, the 4th commandment entails several other commandments..like putting those to death whom you cause to work on the sabbath by providing you electric, internet, etc (Exodus 35:2).
You asked, so I answered.

Galatians 5: 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Notice that those who break God's law will not inherit the kingdom of God. Also notice that the fruit of the Spirit breaks no law. That includes the 10 commandments.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Keeping Sunday does not fulfil the commands requirement.

The Fourth Commandment (biblehub.com)

The Catholic Church's main doctrine is “the Law is abrogated”; it then provides a substitute Law, that produces a form of righteousness. Protestants also abrogate the Law, but for most part they do not have a substitute Law and are Lawless.

Some English churches use the Westminster Confession which does not abrogate God's Law, yet they keep Sunday thinking that is Lawful.

Keeping the Sabbath-day, like repenting and marriage, requires the presence of God; it is not for me to say whether God would or wouldn't be present on Sunday, but it seems to me Sunday is an enormous gamble.

What about seventh day keepers, is God automatically present, is God's presence a wrong assumption? It depends on the people I think; if two or more of His people gather in His name, He would be there regardless of the day.​
It's a commandment ... Jesus (who is God) kept it ... even in His death. Not because he was a jew .... because He was/is God.

If Jesus would have not kept the Sabbath he would have sinned.

We are to become Christ-like, walking in the steps He took. Good enough for me.

God is indeed present every day ... the 7th day Sabbath commandment is what acknowledges and attests to His authority as creator (as in Genesis). He blessed it and made it Holy (set apart from other days)

The Catholic Church claims that “the church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact”

Catholics do not deny the 7th day Sabbath ... even takes credit for changing it ... and laugh at protestants for keeping it and state by doing so they are submitting to catholic authority.

Daniel 7:25 foretold, “And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws.

Reactions: sparow
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You asked, so I answered.

Galatians 5: 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Notice that those who break God's law will not inherit the kingdom of God. Also notice that the fruit of the Spirit breaks no law. That includes the 10 commandments.
No, that isn’t what I asked. What I asked was for a direct statement requiring sabbath keeping under the new covenant. There is nothing in those verses you posted that contain such. Not even close. Which is fortunate for you, because we both know for a fact you do not keep the sabbath according to God’s biblical standards, only manmade liberal standards at best. But if you were going to post from Galatians 5, why omit this verse from that same chapter?

Galatians 5:14 - “For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.”

Are you truly loving your neighbor as yourself when you use services and infrastructure on the sabbath day which requires your neighbors to work? No, you’re not..because I guarantee you would be none too pleased if you were required to work on the sabbath day.

So you’re guilty of not keeping all the law..because the 4th commandment, as I mentioned earlier, entails multiple other commandments..such as putting to death anyone who works on the sabbath day..and ironically, since you’re likely using electric, internet, infrastructure such as roads, you are causing others to work (city employees, traffic police, etc) on the sabbath day, so their blood is on your hands.

If you insist on striving for the law, you can’t just pick and choose which laws are convenient for you to keep while disregarding others for the convenience of your worldly life. If you are going to practice biblical sabbath keeping you have to keep all the other laws that sabbath keeping entails.

Do you apply heat to anything in order to change it on the sabbath? I bet you and many other sabbatarians take a nice warm shower before going off to your religious building. I am sure most sabbatarians also use a car with a combustion engine that burns fuel to get to the religious building too, correct? Violating the sabbath by again applying heat to something and changing its form.

Do you or any other sabbath keepers give offerings at your religious building on the sabbath (which is already being violated)? Well then you’re handling money, there’s another law you’re breaking, thus violating the 4th commandment.

Do you ever use toilet paper on the sabbath? Then you better be pre-tearing off sections beforehand, or unraveling the whole role in tact and using the whole thing at once, otherwise you’re dividing something that was in tact and making it into another form. Then you likely flush the used pieces of toilet paper, using water that is likely sourced by a city supply, causing for people to have to work. Look at all these violations of the sabbath you’re committing without even realizing, or do you?

Have you ever posted on CF on the sabbath? Writing on the sabbath is a violation..as well as causing the staff and volunteers of CF, along with your ISP employees to have to work. And I could go on, but hopefully you get the idea. Quite the millstone to be yoked up to in this day and age..thankfully there is freedom in Christ (Galatians 5:1). Yet you choose the yoke of bondage.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟490,064.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Irrelevant.

What matters is that no day keeping is given to Christians. Seventh Day Adventists and some other "solo" individuals inspired by the Old Testament are wrong.
Anything can be true when placed in a convenient context. "What matters is that no day keeping is given to Christians", if we assume this is a true statement, then this statement defines Christians as having nothing to do with the God of Israel. Sadly, you are right in too many cases; in too many cases Christians follow teachings of men, conjured up ideas they call New Covenant, that they cannot articulate; Some follow Paul instead of Christ; their New Covenant has nothing to do with the God of Israel.

If one is not able to see that the Gospels are the historical record of Jesus confirming the old covenant, the one is on the wrong track.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, that isn’t what I asked. What I asked was for a direct statement requiring sabbath keeping under the new covenant. There is nothing in those verses you posted that contain such. Not even close. Which is fortunate for you, because we both know for a fact you do not keep the sabbath according to God’s biblical standards, only manmade liberal standards at best. But if you were going to post from Galatians 5, why omit this verse from that same chapter?

Galatians 5:14 - “For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.”

Are you truly loving your neighbor as yourself when you use services and infrastructure on the sabbath day which requires your neighbors to work? No, you’re not..because I guarantee you would be none too pleased if you were required to work on the sabbath day.

So you’re guilty of not keeping all the law..because the 4th commandment, as I mentioned earlier, entails multiple other commandments..such as putting to death anyone who works on the sabbath day..and ironically, since you’re likely using electric, internet, infrastructure such as roads, you are causing others to work (city employees, traffic police, etc) on the sabbath day, so their blood is on your hands.

If you insist on striving for the law, you can’t just pick and choose which laws are convenient for you to keep while disregarding others for the convenience of your worldly life. If you are going to practice biblical sabbath keeping you have to keep all the other laws that sabbath keeping entails.

Do you apply heat to anything in order to change it on the sabbath? I bet you and many other sabbatarians take a nice warm shower before going off to your religious building. I am sure most sabbatarians also use a car with a combustion engine that burns fuel to get to the religious building too, correct? Violating the sabbath by again applying heat to something and changing its form.

Do you or any other sabbath keepers give offerings at your religious building on the sabbath (which is already being violated)? Well then you’re handling money, there’s another law you’re breaking, thus violating the 4th commandment.

Do you ever use toilet paper on the sabbath? Then you better be pre-tearing off sections beforehand, or unraveling the whole role in tact and using the whole thing at once, otherwise you’re dividing something that was in tact and making it into another form. Then you likely flush the used pieces of toilet paper, using water that is likely sourced by a city supply, causing for people to have to work. Look at all these violations of the sabbath you’re committing without even realizing, or do you?

Have you ever posted on CF on the sabbath? Writing on the sabbath is a violation..as well as causing the staff and volunteers of CF, along with your ISP employees to have to work. And I could go on, but hopefully you get the idea. Quite the millstone to be yoked up to in this day and age..thankfully there is freedom in Christ (Galatians 5:1). Yet you choose the yoke of bondage.
Yup. Legalism to the max. Just like the Pharisees of old.

I show you from scripture that the fruit of the Spirit violates no law and you flat out reject it.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟490,064.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You are correct, I usually do not react to posts like I did yours. I mostly overlook others that say we are lawless. You hit me with that thought at the wrong time because I really do dislike anyone labeling those who do not believe we are under the dictates of the ten commandments as be lawless.

As to the Dollar guy, I had never heard of him, so I looked him up. You seem to know about him, so please tell me how I I am relating to his ministry.
I came across Creflo Dollar a few times while scanning TV stations, he always seemed to be alluding to something without actually saying it, one day he said it, because the Law is abrogated, sin no longer exists.

Most people who reject the Law of God, Labour under misconceptions. God has called His Law perfect; why would anyone chose to abrogate a perfect Law, what would their motive be?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Law, Torah, was perfect as are the laws of the new covenant. The old covenant was given to one specific nation, Israel. God told Moses in Ex 19: 5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, 6 you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.” God gave Israel a conditional covenant. IF you obey.........they didn't, and the conditional covenant was removed from them. It happened at Calvary where Jesus gave Israel another covenant. This covenant is unconditional. As has been proven by other posters the new and better covenant does not have any ritual days included in it. Why do you insist on trying to paint new covenant Christians as being lawless.

Upvote 0

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yup. Legalism to the max. Just like the Pharisees of old.

I show you from scripture that the fruit of the Spirit violates no law and you flat out reject it.
Legalism? What does ancient Chinese philosophy have to do with this partner? Nothing.

How am I a pharisee? They were the ones who rejected Christ’s teachings of love, selflessness, mercy, humbleness, disciple-making, and so-on in favor of vain Jewish ritualistic religion. Binding heavy burdens on others which they themselves didn’t even observe (Matthew 23:4). Railing on people about sabbath keeping (Matthew 12:1-8) Striving for the law while leaving the weightier matters of the law undone, straining at gnats while swallowing camels (Matthew 23:23-24) Who is really the one who is just like the pharisees? Let’s be honest.

I mean no offense at all and am only trying to help, but you honestly have a terrible habit of twisting verses out of context to conform to a false manmade religious narrative. Those verses you posted, Galatians 5:19-22 make not even the slightest reference to sabbath keeping, which you ought to be thankful for because you do not keep the sabbath yourself, you know it, I know it. Keeping the sabbath requires keeping all the laws that pertain to the sabbath. You don’t keep all those laws. So you’re not keeping the 4th commandment.

I asked for verses that make a direct statement that sabbath keeping is required under the new covenant. You didn’t provide any, and only showed verses that say there is now law against the fruits of the Spirit..Galatians 5:22-23..all of which are acts of love for one’s neighbor..none of which involve vain, fruitless, ritualistic religious rites such as modern day non-Israelitel, new covenant sabbath keeping. So you clearly try to make those verses say what you want, rather than what they actually mean. And those other verses you posted; Galatians 5:19-21 all mention things which exhibit a lack of love for one’s neighbor. Not even the slightest hint of sabbath keeping. Is it beginning to get any clearer here? Maybe, just maybe, it is love for others that matters to God rather than vain, worthless ritualistic religion. Galatians 5:14. And that is a law which you flat out reject,by attempting to gaslight and project by falsely accusing me of being a Pharisee and an ancient Chinese philosopher. Too much fixating over laws you do not even keep, while neglecting what really matters; Galatians 5:14.

“As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.”
2 Peter 3:16-17

Ellen White didn’t die for your sins, you would do better to trust in Christ instead of her.

Reactions: pasifika
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I came across Creflo Dollar a few times while scanning TV stations, he always seemed to be alluding to something without actually saying it, one day he said it, because the Law is abrogated, sin no longer exists.

Most people who reject the Law of God, Labour under misconceptions. God has called His Law perfect; why would anyone chose to abrogate a perfect Law, what would their motive be?
The Law, Torah, was perfect as are the laws of the new covenant. The old covenant was given to one specific nation, Israel. God told Moses in Ex 19: 5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, 6 you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.” God gave Israel a conditional covenant. IF you obey.........they didn't, and the conditional covenant was removed from them. It happened at Calvary where Jesus gave Israel another covenant. This covenant is unconditional. As has been proven by other posters the new and better covenant does not have any ritual days included in it.

Why do you insist on trying to paint new covenant Christians as being lawless. I know SADs try to do that, so are you one of them?

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟490,064.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The Law, Torah, was perfect as are the laws of the new covenant. The old covenant was given to one specific nation, Israel. God told Moses in Ex 19: 5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, 6 you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.” God gave Israel a conditional covenant. IF you obey.........they didn't, and the conditional covenant was removed from them. It happened at Calvary where Jesus gave Israel another covenant. This covenant is unconditional. As has been proven by other posters the new and better covenant does not have any ritual days included in it.

Why do you insist on trying to paint new covenant Christians as being lawless. I know SADs try to do that, so are you one of them?
Your approach does not seem to be Biblical at all. Old and new regarding covenants, refer only to time placement in history. God's role is not conditional, the kingdom is coming ready or not; it came with Christ, "the kingdom of God is among you," and then He said flesh and blood cannot see it or enter into it.

The covenants, both old and new or renewed, are made with Israel and then the lost sheep of Israel, and anyone who wants to join in. The first resurrection will be primarily Israelites, you may have noticed, the New Jerusalem has only 12 gates, one for each tribe of Israel. There are conditions for entering into the blood covenant, and the conditions are defined in the Law.

What you seem to be calling new covenant, seems be something else, something that has nothing to do with the God of Israel, a concoction of men.

Typically, the SDA does not aprove of my understanding.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟164,016.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your approach does not seem to be Biblical at all. Old and new regarding covenants, refer only to time placement in history. God's role is not conditional, the kingdom is coming ready or not; it came with Christ, "the kingdom of God is among you," and then He said flesh and blood cannot see it or enter into it.

The covenants, both old and new or renewed, are made with Israel and then the lost sheep of Israel, and anyone who wants to join in. The first resurrection will be primarily Israelites, you may have noticed, the New Jerusalem has only 12 gates, one for each tribe of Israel. There are conditions for entering into the blood covenant, and the conditions are defined in the Law.

What you seem to be calling new covenant, seems be something else, something that has nothing to do with the God of Israel, a concoction of men.

Typically, the SDA does not aprove of my understanding.
yes new covenant Not the same as the old covenant..see Heb 8:9

Upvote 0