THE SABBATH IS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT - WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS IT IS ABOLISHED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What I find amazing is anything we quote from Scripture isn't true according to your statements. It doesn't matter what the approach is. Everything that doesn't suit your fancy is a lie even from Moses. You've been asked why there's no record Jesus doesn't appear with His disciples on the sabbath after the resurrection. You've been quoted passages of Scripture showing Christian assembling on the first day of the week for worship.

What has this got to do with what you are quoting from? You did not read the post again did you. Your just here to argue. For me, he must increase and I must decrease. I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. I know him and am known by him. All that he shows me I see and must show to all because I am blind. He tells me it is those that see that do not see. These are they that have once known him or do not know him. Who am I that he should choose me out of the world? I am no one but he is all. If I did not believe him I would not know him. What can I do without him? He is love and now I love. I follow him now because I love him who first loved me. You say that I have not answered you, but I indeed answered you with His Word but you do not hear him because you have chosen not to hear his Word to you. I do not judge you but His Word will judge us because they are there for all to see. All are welcome to see and hear God's Word, however many are called but few are chosen.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What makes you think I'm worried? Right on! That doesn't mean we live by the law given to Israel alone.But dead to the law and sin. We're alive to God through Jesus Christ our Lord. We're not alive through and by the law. Don't need any of the rest of your c&p stuff.

In the NEW COVENANT, all those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. According to God's WORD, ALL those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD *PHILIPPIANS 2:13. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to UNKNOWINGLY break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day. Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now, <when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The fruits of the Spirit are LOVE, JOY and PEACE and long suffering, gentleness...
Love doesn't mean blindly saying yes. There's no joy in what you preach. There's no peace in what you say. We're not required to tolerate false doctrine with long suffering. We're not the fools you play us for.
These are God's WORD not my words. All I here are your words over God's WORD. The shame is on you as your claims are all false ones. I will leave that between you and God. I have already forgiven you.

HEBREWS 4:9 [9], So then, it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

Now notice Hebrews 4, verse 9: “There remains therefore a SABBATH rest to the people of God.” In verses 1, 3, 4 and 8, the Greek word for “rest” is katapausin. It means “rest.” But in verse 9, the Greek word for “rest” is sabbatismos, which is a Hebrew word—Sabbat, which means “the Sabbath”—combined with a Greek suffix—ismos, which means “a keeping of” or “a doing of.” Put together, sabbatismo means “a keeping of the Sabbath.” When correctly translated, Hebrews 4:9 should read, “There remains therefore a keeping of the Sabbath to the people of God.”

The BIBLE version is the ARAMAIC which is the closest tranlation to the GREEK. Most traslations are still ok and say "There remains a Sabbath rest to the people of God". Which ever version you want to use here sister God's WORD says that the Sabbath rest remains for God's people.

Hope this helps.
No because of verse 10.

• Agree
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nope. Simply because you did not read the post you were responding to which already answered the question you were asking.
Sorry but I did read your post. And no you've not answered anything. For instance your explanation of Gal 5:1-10 isn't found in this forum unless you put it in another thread.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your confused. To be UNDER THE LAW means to be guilty before God of breaking it. ROMANS 2 and ROMANS 3 shows that all both JEWS and GENTILES all stand guilty before God of breaking God's LAW.
No, if the law can condemn you you're under it even without violation.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your confused brother. V9-11 only supports what is being shared with you

[9], So then, it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.
[10], For he that is entered into his rest (v9 SABBATH REST), he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
[11], Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief (Heb 3).

CONTEXT is GOD'S REST from the SEVENTH DAY of the CREATION WEEK v1-5.

Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you.
No because of verse 10 which references Gen 2.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Stop repeating yourself and respond to the posts and scriptures posted that disagree with you. If you cannot then ignoring God's WORD does not make it dissappear.
This isn't a repeat post of mine.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your confused. Why should it need to discuss sabbaton it is the Sabbath rest we are discussing Sabbatismios which is the verb for the keeping of the Sabbath not the noun which is Sabbath.
Well at least I'm trying to discuss the concept of sabbath rest based on context. That context includes verse 10 which references Gen 2.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why do you feel the need to try and convince me? Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4
I understand No one including God can convince you. I'm here more because of you than for you. I realize trying to reach you with the truth is an exercise in foolishness. If you ever come to believe the truth, I would certainly rejoice.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Read the posts and the scriptures provided to you in love as a help to you brother. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. JESUS says all those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and tradtions of men are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.
At least with a mule, they can be caused to believe by hitting them in the head with a 2x4.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Only God's WORD has been shared with you and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of GOD. JESUS says all those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9. Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it *ROMANS 3:4; 1 JOHN 2:3-4.

Hope this helps
Only SDA doctrine has been shared by you. Yes you do use the Bible as a quote source for proof.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is given to the blind to have eyes to see and ears to hear and the lame to walk while those seeing see not. Those hearing hear not and those walking walk not. This is because spiritual things are spiritually discerned. They that be whole do not need the physician but those that are sick seek him. Many do not know the meaning. Do you know the meaning of these scriptures brother?
Yes I know the meaning of your Scriptures. Your problem is I know the meaning of the ones I quote as well.

Why won't you explain Gal 5:1-10?

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What has this got to do with what you are quoting from?
You obviously don't want a conversation.
You did not read the post again did you.
Yes I did. That doesn't mean I take your ideas as my own.
Your just here to argue.
No I'm not. I'm here defending and promoting the truth.
For me, he must increase and I must decrease. I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. I know him and am known by him. All that he shows me I see and must show to all because I am blind.
Yes I know you're blind. I don't follow blind men. I choose to stay out of the ditch.
He tells me it is those that see that do not see.
Those with you kind of blindness don't know they don't see.
These are they that have once known him or do not know him. Who am I that he should choose me out of the world? I am no one but he is all. If I did not believe him I would not know him. What can I do without him? He is love and now I love. I follow him now because I love him who first loved me. You say that I have not answered you, but I indeed answered you with His Word but you do not hear him because you have chosen not to hear his Word to you.
I hear your SDA doctrine which isn't compliant with the NT or the New Covenant.
I do not judge you but His Word will judge us because they are there for all to see. All are welcome to see and hear God's Word, however many are called but few are chosen.
Why do you persist in this type of statements?

• Agree
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the NEW COVENANT, all those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. According to God's WORD, ALL those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD *PHILIPPIANS 2:13. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to UNKNOWINGLY break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day. Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now, <when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).
I'm still not worried. Rom 8:1-2

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The fruits of the Spirit are LOVE, JOY and PEACE and long suffering, gentleness...

These are God's WORD not my words. All I here are your words over God's WORD. The shame is on you as your claims are all false ones. I will leave that between you and God. I have already forgiven you.

HEBREWS 4:9 [9], So then, it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

Now notice Hebrews 4, verse 9: “There remains therefore a SABBATH rest to the people of God.” In verses 1, 3, 4 and 8, the Greek word for “rest” is katapausin. It means “rest.” But in verse 9, the Greek word for “rest” is sabbatismos, which is a Hebrew word—Sabbat, which means “the Sabbath”—combined with a Greek suffix—ismos, which means “a keeping of” or “a doing of.” Put together, sabbatismo means “a keeping of the Sabbath.” When correctly translated, Hebrews 4:9 should read, “There remains therefore a keeping of the Sabbath to the people of God.”

The BIBLE version is the ARAMAIC which is the closest tranlation to the GREEK. Most traslations are still ok and say "There remains a Sabbath rest to the people of God". Which ever version you want to use here sister God's WORD says that the Sabbath rest remains for God's people.

Hope this helps.

It helps a lot. I have the Aramaic Bible and it was a great disappointment. It is a translation back into Aramaic from Greek back to English. It is not held in any esteem by scholars. Much is lost in the multiple translations, but I can see why you like its biased twisted meaning that further fuels your fire. You are not standing on solid ground, but on desert sand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It helps a lot. I have the Aramaic Bible and it was a great disappointment. It is a translation back into Aramaic from Greek back to English. It is not held in any esteem by scholars. Much is lost in the multiple translations, but I can see why you like its biased twisted meaning that further fuels your fire. You are not standing on solid ground, but on desert sand.

Rubbish click me. You were also shown the Greek for Sabbatismos in the previous post that agrees with the Aramaic tranlation of HEBREWS 4:9. An apology would be great for all your false accusation but I will leave that between you and God. Doing a little prayerful research before making false claims would help you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Love doesn't mean blindly saying yes. There's no joy in what you preach. There's no peace in what you say. We're not required to tolerate false doctrine with long suffering. We're not the fools you play us for.No because of verse 10.

There is only no LOVE, JOY and PEACE in those who continue in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN.
All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. We are all sick with sin and need a Physician *MATTHEW 9:12-13. JESUS says arise take up your bed and walk. I believe him. How about you?

Those who are BORN AGAIN do not practice SIN (breaking God's Commandments) *1 JOHN 3:4-9. This is why JOHN finishes on this subject by saying; For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous *1 JOHN 5:3 and is why JESUS says IF you LOVE me KEEP my commandments *JOHN 14:15. UNLESS we are BORN AGAIN under the NEW COVENANT to LOVE we will not enter the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *JOHN 3:3-7. We need to be changed from the INSIDE OUT.

1 JOHN 3:6-9
[6], Whoever stays in him sins not: whoever sins has not seen him, neither known him.
[7], Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
[8], He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
[9], Whoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his seed remains in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 JOHN 2:3-4
[3], And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
[4], He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Hope this helps.

PS. HEBREWS 4:10-11 only support what is being shared with you in v1-5 and v9. Sorry friend God's WORD disagrees with you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No, if the law can condemn you you're under it even without violation.

Nope. Not really. To be UNDER THE LAW means to be guilty before God of breaking it. ROMANS 2 and ROMANS 3 shows that all both JEWS and GENTILES all stand guilty before God of SIN which is breaking God's LAW.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Only SDA doctrine has been shared by you. Yes you do use the Bible as a quote source for proof.

Only God's WORD has been shared with you and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of GOD. JESUS says all those who KNOWINGLY follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9. Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it *ROMANS 3:4; 1 JOHN 2:3-4.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.