THE SABBATH IS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT - WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS IT IS ABOLISHED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It's impossible to communicate with you.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. Did the school master do its job for those who've come to Christ? Yes or No. If yes the school master no longer serves any purpose. Since the school master is no longer serving, he's unemployed. You're problem is your demand of certain words be used to support a legal argument. I've proved my point and it would stand the test of any honest court or for any honest person.

Yes I read what you posted that is why I asked you where does it say in God's WORD that God's 10 Commandments is unemployed. You still have not answered the question. GALATIANS 3:22-26 does not say that God's LAW is unemployed after we come to CHRIST. It says that it leads us to CHRSIT that we might be FORGIVEN by FAITH. God's LAW (10 commandments) gives us the knowledge of what SIN is when broken and leads us to Christ that we might be FORGIVEN by faith. When we are FORGIVEN by FAITH we are no longer UNDER THE LAW guilty before God of breaking it *GALATIANS 3:22-25; ROMANS 3:9-20.

I will ask you again where in God's WORD does it say God's 10 commandments is unemployed? It doesn't. God's WORD says that God's LAW (10 Commandments) gives us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I've no issue with God's law being eternal. I don't believe the law is annihilated as you project on me.
Good news brother. I am glad we can agree. :oldthumbsup:
However the Scripture says - Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. This is the law we're fussing about. We're not fussing about God's eternal law you sub in for the covenant law given in the desert after departure from Sinai. This covenant law wasn't given nor intended for the whole world as evidenced in the Book of the Law.
You are confused as to what the OLD COVENANT is brother. If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT is how can you understand what the NEW COVENANT is that the OLD COVENANT pointed to? Of course God's eternal LAW (10 Commandments) is added till the seed should come (Christ). The role of God's eternal LAW is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4. We are not saved by it *ROMANS 3:20. The purpose of God's LAW (10 commandments) is to show us that we are all SINNERS in need of a Saviour and we cannot save ourselves ROMANS 7. It role is to lead us to Christ that we might be forgiven by FAITH so we are no more under the condemnation of God's LAW *ROMANS 6:23; GALATIANS 3:22-25; ROMANS 8:1-4.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why do you misrepresent me and the record that bears witness against you? I even linked the post. Here it is one more time - Why is the day of worship controversial? Anyone can see I responded in detail to that post which can be linked from my response. You responded to it with a re-post and links to your previous post. I ask you once more how many commandments do you claim are written on stone tablets? Don't you say something about unrepentant and wilful sin? why doesn't that apply to you?
I did not bear false witness against you brother. I simply stated the truth which is that your posts in reponse to mine on ROMANS 6; ROMANS 7 and ROMANS 8 showing the context you leave out of ROMANS 7:6 did not address the post and the scriptures in the posts that disagreed with you.

Out of all the posts that you have posted how much of it addresses the posts to you that looked in detail at ROMANS 6; ROMANS 7 and ROMANS 8 showing the full CONTEXT of your interpretation of ROMANS 7:6? Your posting replies to my quotes which do not respond to what I have written in

Romans 7:6 Part 1 linked click me.
Romans 7:6 Part 2 linked click me.
Romans 7:6 Part 3 linked click me.
Romans 7:6 Part 4 linked click me.

I actually started to reply to what you had written (still have it) but never bothered posting what I wrote as I noticed you did not address the posts and the scriptures in them that disagreed with your interpretation of ROMANS 7:6. You simply started making strawman argument that no one was talking about or wrote off the scriptures from God's WORD with your words. You quoted sections of the posts I made but did not address the content showing the CONTEXT you leave out of your interpretation of ROMANS 7:6.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
See, you just mentioned did it again - "If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)." This condemns you by your own words of the post I quote in this response.

Sorry brother these are God's WORD not mine. God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27). If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Gentiles are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-27. GENESIS 2:1-3 was when God made the SABBATH for mankind MARK 2:27. Your confused. BEFORE the written WORD there was the Spoken Word of God your just repeating yourself without addressing any of the posts and scriptures provided to you that disagree with you. Happy to re-post the scriptures again just let me know?

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There's nothing in the NT requiring nor mentioning becoming part of Israel. The Christian is a fellow citizen with the saints, not Israel. Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; Israel isn't known for being saints.

Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL then you have no part in the NEW COVENANT *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Gentiles are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-27. According to God's WORD in the NEW COVENANT, God's ISRAEL are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD.

GOD'S ISRAEL ARE ALL THOSE WHO BELIEVE AND FOLLOW GOD'S WORD (The Church)

There is no such thing as Jew or Greek anymore. All who believe and follow God's Word are one in Christ. Israel in the OLD COVENANT were those from the seed of Abraham. In the NEW COVENANT, if you are in Christ then you are Abrahams seed and heirs according to the promise...

EPHESIANS 2:11-13 [11], Why remember, that you being in TIME PAST Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

[12], That AT THAT TIME [in the Past] YOU WERE WITHOUT CHRIST, BEING ALIENS FROM THE COMMONWEALTH OF ISRAEL, STRANGERS FROM THE COVENANT OF PROMISE, HAVING NO HOPE, AND WITHOUT GOD IN THE WORLD: [13], BUT NOW IN CHRIST JESUS, YOU WHO WERE FAR OFF ARE MADE NEAR BY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST.

GALATIANS 3:28-29 [28], THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: FOR YOU ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS AND IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S SEED FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS [29], and IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE.

God's true ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT are not by name only but all those in Christ. Those of the FLESH (sinful human nature) are not Abrahams seed but those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God in Christ are God's ISRAEL...

ROMANS 9:6-8 [6], FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: [7], NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> [8], That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED.

God's ISRAEL are all those in CHRIST that have been given a NEW HEART according to the NEW COVENANT promise...

ROMANS 2:28-29 [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

In the NEW COVENANT all those in Christ are are God's ISRAEL...

COLOSSIANS 3:11 [11], WHERE THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: BUT CHRIST IS ALL IN ALL.

ROMANS 10:11-13 [11], For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. [12], FOR THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JEW OR GREEK: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. [13], FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.

The New Covenant is for God's Israel...

EZEKIEL 36:26-27 [26], A NEW HEART WILL I GIVE YOU, AND A NEW SPIRIT WILL I PUT WITHIN YOU; AND I WILL TAKE AWAY THE STONY HEART OUT OF YOUR FLESH, AND GIVE YOU A HEART OF FLESH. [27], AND I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, AND CAUSE YOU TO WALK IN MY STATUTES AND YOU SHALL KEEP MY JUDGEMENTS AND DO THEM.

and again...

JEREMIAH 31:33-34 [33], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS,AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34], And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Paul proclaims it here...

HEBREWS 8:10-12 [10], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

The NEW COVENANT is for GOD'S ISRAEL which represent those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God’s WORD.

If you are not part of GOD'S ISRAEL then you are not a part of the NEW COVENANT (Hebrews 8:10-12).

CONCLUSION: God's ISRAEL is the name given by God to all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. GENTILES are now grafted in. If you are not a part of the God's ISRAEL then you have no part in the NEW COVENANT.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Now you're on to something good. I quote you again - "because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23." That does line up with The Gospel. You however demand we're to serve the law and not Jesus and abide by His words.

Not at all you are bearing false witness. Where have I ever said or posted that we are saved by God's LAW? If I have never said or believe such things then why pretend that I have?

All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. We are all sick with sin and need a Physician *MATTHEW 9:12-13. JESUS says arise take up your bed and walk. I believe him. How about you? Then again if you do not know that you are sick why would you need a physician *MATTHEW 9:12-13. Many do not know the meaning of this scripture.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
My position lines up with your well known reference to 1 Jn 3:4 because the law was added due to sin as Gal 3:19 says. It also says that law was limited to the confines of specific time.

If you have no sin then your position lines up with the scriptures posted to you. However God's WORD says that all have sinned (broken God's 10 commandments) and fall short of the glory of God *ROMANS 3:23. How would you know what SIN is if you have no LAW when breaking God's LAW (10 commandments) is the very deinition of what SIN is *1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11; ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7? Also, if you agreed in your earlier post that God's LAW (10 commandments) is ETERNAL how can it be for a limited time only?

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So why aren't you in compliance with it? Doesn't your regular violation of it make you guilty before God? You seem to believe it doesn't. Why?

God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. According to God's WORD, ALL those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to UNKNOWINGLY break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day. Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now, <when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So is your unbiblical version of the 4th commandment. So in trying to condemn me, you condemn yourself. Only because you refuse to believe the Scripture and its intent. You're foolishly looking for and demanding specific words so you can be perfect in your eyes earning the right to eat from the tree of life. Wages are death. The gift even you spoke about is free. That means it can't be earned and isn't a reward for performance. If so it isn't a free gift. The word gift doesn't imply obligation.

All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. We are all sick with sin and need a Physician *MATTHEW 9:12-13. JESUS says arise take up your bed and walk. I believe him. How about you?

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
My position lines up with your well known reference to 1 Jn 3:4 because the law was added due to sin as Gal 3:19 says. It also says that law was limited to the confines of specific time.

If we have no sin then our position lines up with the scriptures posted to you. However God's WORD says that all have sinned (broken God's 10 commandments) and fall short of the glory of God *ROMANS 3:23. How would you know what SIN is if you have no LAW when breaking God's LAW (10 commandments) is the very deinition of what SIN is *1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11; ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7? Also, if you agreed in your earlier post that God's LAW (10 commandments) is ETERNAL how can it be for a limited time only?

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So why aren't you in compliance with it? Doesn't your regular violation of it make you guilty before God? You seem to believe it doesn't. Why?

God's 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. According to God's WORD, ALL those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to UNKNOWINGLY break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day. Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now, <when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Where did I say verse 20 deletes verses 3-19? Please quote me.
No problem. Your claim in your earlier post in your own words was ...
ace of hearts said: It talks about those under the law. It doesn't say anything about violators of the law. Verse 20 says very clearly "by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight..." You promote we're justified by our deeds of the law in that a violation is noncompliance. That is directly opposed to the verse. Anyone can easily see your double talk.
It is very clear from the scriptures looking at the CONTEXT your not considering in ROMANS 3:9-19 that God's WORD says both JEWS and GENTILES are all guilty before God of breaking his eternal LAW (10 commandments).

As shown earlier you leaving our CONTEXT in your interpretation of the scriptures.

ROMANS 3:19 NOW WE KNOW THAT WHAT THINGS SOEVER THE LAW SAYS IT SPEAKS TO THEM THAT ARE UNDER THE LAW; THAT EVERY MOUTH MAY BE STOPPED AND ALL THE WORLD MAY BECOME GUILTY BEFORE GOD.

What is the CONTEXT of v19?

ROMANS 3:9-18
[9], What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that THEY ARE ALL (Jew and Gentile) UNDER SIN;
[10], As it is written, THERE IS NONE (Jew and Gentile) RIGHTEOUS NO NOT ONE:
[11], There is none (Jew and Gentile) that understands, there is none that seeks after God.
[12], They are all (Jew and Gentile) gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none (Jew and Gentile) that does good, no, not one (Jew and Gentile).
[13], Their throat (Jew and Gentile) is an open sepulcher; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
[14], Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness (Jew and Gentile):
[15], Their feet (Jew and Gentile) are swift to shed blood:
[16], Destruction and misery are in their ways (Jew and Gentile):
[17], And the way of peace have they (Jew and Gentile) not known:
[18], There is no fear of God before their eyes (Jew and Gentile).
[19] NOW WE KNOW THAT WHAT THINGS SOEVER THE LAW SAYS IT SPEAKS TO THEM THAT ARE UNDER THE LAW; THAT EVERY MOUTH (Jew and Gentile) MAY BE STOPPED AND ALL THE WORLD (Jew and Gentile) MAY BECOME GUILTY BEFORE GOD.

Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What does your quote say? I read - "we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that THEY ARE ALL (Jew and Gentile) UNDER SIN;" I don't read - we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that THEY ARE ALL (Jew and Gentile) UNDER the law

Read the scripture CONTEXT you leave out in ROMANS 3:9-20. You did not read these scriptures did you or the post you are quoting from.

ROMANS 3:9, What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well that statement has no truth in it. You did not answer the question asked of you again and did not address the scriptures posted that disagree with you which was. How can you be "UNDER THE LAW" *ROMANS 3:19 if your not guilty of breaking it? ROMANS 3:9-19 has already shown that ALL (JEW and GENTILES) are all under SIN, all have broken God's LAW and stand guilty before God.
Your referenced passage says all are under sin, it doesn't say all are under the law. Both are entirely different things. The word under means -

controlled, managed, or governed by

sin is defined as - that which is done wrong, an offence

Something more literal about the under the law in verse 19 is in the law.
Where does it say God's LAW (10 commandments) controls you? The role of God's LAW (10 commandments) is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:4; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. It is SIN that controls us not God's LAW (10 commandments). It is God's LAW that gives us a KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when we break God's Commandments *ROMANS 3:20; 1 JOHN 3:4; ROMANS 7:7.
If you obey something you're controlled by it.
IOW those in unrepentant sin don't have salvation. Since you claim to keep the law and try very hard to force this bondage on others, its you that doesn't have salvation because you don't keep the law and commit the same sin on a regular basis. That's unrepentant sin no matter how you say it.
The law has been by-passed for grace.
Thanks for my regular dose of condemnation. Your problem is -

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

So go cast your words on those who aren't participating in the New Covenant.
Like I said communication with you is impossible.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No problem. Your claim in your earlier post in your own words was ...

It is very clear from the scriptures looking at the CONTEXT your not considering in ROMANS 3:9-19 that God's WORD says both JEWS and GENTILES are all guilty before God of breaking his eternal LAW (10 commandments).
That's not what the verse says. It says to them that are under the law... Sin was before the law as I posted the applicable Scripture previously, which you reject. So let's go for some more. Pharaoh knew it was wrong (sin/evil/wicked) to take another man's wife and punishable by death. Where did he get that idea? It can't be by the law which came long after his demise because of sin. Never mind my quoting Scripture even from the Book of the Law because you will only toss it out saying it's not true.
As shown earlier you leaving our CONTEXT in your interpretation of the scriptures.

ROMANS 3:19 NOW WE KNOW THAT WHAT THINGS SOEVER THE LAW SAYS IT SPEAKS TO THEM THAT ARE UNDER THE LAW; THAT EVERY MOUTH MAY BE STOPPED AND ALL THE WORLD MAY BECOME GUILTY BEFORE GOD.
Your inability to read what's there is astounding.
What is the CONTEXT of v19?

ROMANS 3:9-18
[9], What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that THEY ARE ALL (Jew and Gentile) UNDER SIN;
[10], As it is written, THERE IS NONE (Jew and Gentile) RIGHTEOUS NO NOT ONE:
[11], There is none (Jew and Gentile) that understands, there is none that seeks after God.
[12], They are all (Jew and Gentile) gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none (Jew and Gentile) that does good, no, not one (Jew and Gentile).
[13], Their throat (Jew and Gentile) is an open sepulcher; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
[14], Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness (Jew and Gentile):
[15], Their feet (Jew and Gentile) are swift to shed blood:
[16], Destruction and misery are in their ways (Jew and Gentile):
[17], And the way of peace have they (Jew and Gentile) not known:
[18], There is no fear of God before their eyes (Jew and Gentile).
[19] NOW WE KNOW THAT WHAT THINGS SOEVER THE LAW SAYS IT SPEAKS TO THEM THAT ARE UNDER THE LAW; THAT EVERY MOUTH (Jew and Gentile) MAY BE STOPPED AND ALL THE WORLD (Jew and Gentile) MAY BECOME GUILTY BEFORE GOD.

Sorry brother God's WORD disagrees with you.
No and I've not taken anything out of context. You try to force your passage to say all are under the law, when it clearly doesn't.

• Agree
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Read the scripture CONTEXT you leave out in ROMANS 3:9-20. You did not read these scriptures did you or the post you are quoting from.

ROMANS 3:9, What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin

Hope this helps.
Your problem is I don't read what isn't there.

• Prayers
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes I read what you posted that is why I asked you where does it say in God's WORD that God's 10 Commandments is unemployed. You still have not answered the question. GALATIANS 3:22-26 does not say that God's LAW is unemployed after we come to CHRIST. It says that it leads us to CHRSIT that we might be FORGIVEN by FAITH. God's LAW (10 commandments) gives us the knowledge of what SIN is when broken and leads us to Christ that we might be FORGIVEN by faith. When we are FORGIVEN by FAITH we are no longer UNDER THE LAW guilty before God of breaking it *GALATIANS 3:22-25; ROMANS 3:9-20.

I will ask you again where in God's WORD does it say God's 10 commandments is unemployed? It doesn't. God's WORD says that God's LAW (10 Commandments) gives us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

Hope this helps.
There's no way to communicate with you. You're to involved in legalism. It may very well cost you plenty you don't want to pay.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good news brother. I am glad we can agree. :oldthumbsup:
Essentially we don't agree because you only partially quote me to say what you want to hear. Your response totally ignores the verse and commentary that followed your quote of me. So the truth is we don't agree.
You are confused as to what the OLD COVENANT is brother. If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT is how can you understand what the NEW COVENANT is that the OLD COVENANT pointed to? Of course God's eternal LAW (10 Commandments) is added till the seed should come (Christ). The role of God's eternal LAW is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4. We are not saved by it *ROMANS 3:20. The purpose of God's LAW (10 commandments) is to show us that we are all SINNERS in need of a Saviour and we cannot save ourselves ROMANS 7. It role is to lead us to Christ that we might be forgiven by FAITH so we are no more under the condemnation of God's LAW *ROMANS 6:23; GALATIANS 3:22-25; ROMANS 8:1-4.

Hope this helps.
No, because you refuse to accept the words of Moses.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I did not bear false witness against you brother. I simply stated the truth which is that your posts in reponse to mine on ROMANS 6; ROMANS 7 and ROMANS 8 showing the context you leave out of ROMANS 7:6 did not address the post and the scriptures in the posts that disagreed with you.
I left nothing out. I responded in full detail on every point, issue and passage in your posts. You can follow the links and search where I then added another post because you're upset I didn't say anything about every verse. So what you're doing is bearing false witness - one of the famous 10, right.
Out of all the posts that you have posted how much of it addresses the posts to you that looked in detail at ROMANS 6; ROMANS 7 and ROMANS 8 showing the full CONTEXT of your interpretation of ROMANS 7:6? Your posting replies to my quotes which do not respond to what I have written in

Romans 7:6 Part 1 linked click me.
Romans 7:6 Part 2 linked click me.
Romans 7:6 Part 3 linked click me.
Romans 7:6 Part 4 linked click me.
I've linked my responses to those posts you link above. I told you very plainly I'm not going to c&p them to where you want. So you can be in denial all you wish. Keep lying cause you'll surely attain the right to eat from the tree of life.
I actually started to reply to what you had written (still have it) but never bothered posting what I wrote as I noticed you did not address the posts and the scriptures in them that disagreed with your interpretation of ROMANS 7:6. You simply started making strawman argument that no one was talking about or wrote off the scriptures from God's WORD with your words. You quoted sections of the posts I made but did not address the content showing the CONTEXT you leave out of your interpretation of ROMANS 7:6.
What you posted in your links is an effort to dismiss Rom 7:6 by trying to say it's talking about ceremonial laws you also call shadow laws.

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

This passage clearly says the items mentioned in verse 16 are shadows.

Yes I read your posts in another thread to klutedavid where you try to link meat to meat offerings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sin was before the law as I posted the applicable Scripture previously, which you reject.
Not at all brother. I do not reject scripture. I do however reject your interpretation of them as you leave out the context of what you are quoting which has led you to errors in your interpretation of the scriptures. This has been shown through God's WORD in many posts to you now.
So let's go for some more. Pharaoh knew it was wrong (sin/evil/wicked) to take another man's wife and punishable by death. Where did he get that idea? It can't be by the law which came long after his demise because of sin.
Thanks great question let's discuss it. Before the WRITTEN WORD of GOD there was the SPOKEN WORD of GOD * GENESIS 3:1-3; 9; 11-19 8:15; 9:8; 24:7; 31:11 etc).

If BEFORE the written Word was given at SINIA there was the SPOKEN Word of God what makes you think that God's people did not KNOW about God's LAWS including God's SABBATH? Let's look at some examples that suggest God's LAW was known through the SPOKEN WORD BEFORE the WRITTEN WORD was given to God's ISRAEL.

When CAIN and ABEL were born it is clear from God’s WORD that there was SIN offerings for remission of sin as shown in GENESIS 4:1-7. We are latter told that ENOCH and NOAH walked with God *GENESIS 5:24; GENESIS 6:8 so were following God’s ways. In NOAHS time the thoughts of men were only evil continually *GENESIS 6:5-7. Jesus says that what defiles a man is an evil heart that breaks God’s commandments *MATTHEW 15:16:19.

Before the Flood God made his Covenant with NOAH and his decendance *GENESIS 9:1-9. When Abraham was present God spoke to Abraham and made his covenant with him and his descendance *GENESIS 15:18. 17:2-19.

God said of Abraham that ABRAHAM OBEYED MY VOICE AND KEPT MY CHARGE, MAY COMMANDMENTS, MY STATUTES AND MY LAWS. The HEBREW word used for laws is TORAH. So, it is very clear that the SPOKEN WORD of GOD included God’s TORAH. The TORAH includes all God's LAWS of the OLD COVENANT from God's ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments) that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN AND RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172 and the SHADOW laws for remission of sin (burn't offerings and sin offerings) if God's LAW was broken.

If they had no law BEFORE the written WORD of GOD then they would have no knowledge of what sin is. If they did not know what sin was there would have been no need of sin offerings. Yet here we also see in GENESIS 22:2-7 that it was a regular practice for Abraham and his family to offer burnt offerings for sin. So before Mt Sinai God’s people had the SPOKEN Word of God after slavery to the Egyptians they received the WRITTEN Word of God but through all this time God’s people had a knowledge of what sin was and what to do if sin was committed.

Some more examples...

God said in Genesis 4:7 to Cain when he was angry because he did not worship God in his appointed way that by doing this it was sin. Jesus says the same in Matthew 15:3-9 that if we follow and teachings of men that break the commandments of God we are not following God. Mankind was destroyed by a flood because of sin (Genesis 6:5-7). Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because of sin (Genesis 18:20).

Jacob knew about SIN (breaking God's LAW) BEFORE Mt Sinia when he complained to Laben when he left with his daughters (Genesis 31:36).

When Potiphar’s wife came to Joseph with the aim of committing adultery, Joseph knew it was sin and protested saying how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God? (Genesis 39:9).

As time goes by God detroys mankind for evil and sin with a flood as well as Sodom and Gommorah with fire and the Epyptians with plagues *GENESIS 6:5-13; GENESIS 13:10-13; 18:20-33; 19:24; EXODUS 9:13-14. If there was no knowledge of sin there would be no punishment for it. God’s WORD is very clear that all of God’s Commandments were kept by God’s people before the written WORD through the Spoken WORD of GOD.

Thanks for the example you provided brother although it only shows God's WORD disagrees with you.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.