Jun 29, 2015
✟166,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wrong. God shines the light of the gospel in our hearts, not his own light or that of Christ.

2 Cor 4:4-6 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them...For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

This is not the light of Christ. The light of Christ is an external light, as I have shown from scripture over and over and over again.
wow I marvel at the words you say sometimes, ever learning but not able to come to this understanding.You say,

"The light of Christ is an external light"

however we read

1 John 1:7

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light,..."

and

Revelation 21:23
"And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof."
Who is the Lamb of God?
A clue this tells us

John 1:36
"And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

It would be good if you could admit to even one of your many , many,many errors. Just one for now even.

What Light would lighteth every man even the blind and comma patients? (John 1:9) do you think this to be the Sun in the sky? No, this light shines in darkness. The darkness refers to the heart

Jesus Christ said he is the light of the world. This shows that Christ is Light

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world:[notice he didn't just say he is the light of Israel, all believers today can walk in the light, even though they don't know Jesus Christ after the flesh, we know him in spirit inwardly, we have the witness in ourselves. God sent forth the Spirit of His Son in our hearts. Christ in us is the hope of glory. He is the light that is in us]. he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

This section shows the inner aspect of this light this is where God dwells in the heart and God's love is shed abroad in our hearts. If they reject this light of God in them and His love then they do not have the love of God in them. This "in" aspect is clearly seen over and over. You seem to cringe at spiritual language. It is not clear enough to the natural mind and it does trouble some. When believers talk of light and life in them and truth and the seed, the Son in us, or light sown. This is troubling to the wise and the prudent of this world.

Keep in mind John’s words from the book of John where he spoke of the true Light which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

"8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light,[and the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost Romans 5, this shows the inner aspect of Gods love in us. But if we do not abide in that love our hearts can be darkness and eternal life will no longer dwell in us,1 John 3:15 KJV] and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.[this blindness is not speaking of physical blindness but the blindess of the heart and mind]"(1 John 2:8-11)

2 Corinthians 3:14
"But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart."

2 Corinthians 4:4
"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

Romans 1:21
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Matthew 13:16
"But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear."

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

2 Corinthians 4:18
"While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal."

Hebrews 11:1
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

and

Ephesians 3:17
"That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟166,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have never said the light of Christ is a visible light. That would be foolish. It is a spiritual light. But all the references to that light in scripture are of it being an external light, not a light inside us.
Matthew 6:23
"...If therefore the light that is in thee..."

The men who hate this light the light is as darkness to them. Their way is hid. There is no way around this verse. It clearly speaks of light in men. Your strange view that ask "how can the light be darkness?”. Is not accurate. The light does not become contrary to what the light is. God is light and in him is no darkness at all. But if men are not in him, or they do not abide in him then they are darkness and do not see the light of the world.

Job 18:6

"The light shall be dark in his tabernacle, and his candle shall be put out with him."

Psalm 36:9
"For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light."

and

1 John 1:5
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all."

and all believers are IN God and He in us. He is Light and so the light is in us, and He shines His light in us also. All light and life and truth is of God to believers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You claimed that 2 Cor 13:3 says that Christ spoke in Paul, and that he 'also' spoke in the Corinthians.

It says nothing of the sort.
it does imply this strongly

"3 Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you."

and you missed my point I highlighted the words also, referring to both Paul and others union IN him.

"4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you...5... Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?"

Jesus is always with believers as he said and he will never leave us. Do you suppose that Jesus Christ n all believers does not speak as he did in Paul? Yet Paul had mighty revelations and wrote scripture, and we I am not referring to any others writing scripture. But as far as speaking and teaching believers and they hearing him. This is clear in scripture. As Jesus said

John 10:27
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:"

and those that heard and were taught of the father came to him. They shall all be taught of God.God directly works in all believers through Jesus Christ. This is not referring to scripture "Alone", or even scripture in this aspect. For God in reality dwells in the hearts of all believers. He speaks and leads and teaches and directs and empowers and shines and gives all good things.

And we see that God did speak in all of them

"24 But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: 25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest;and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth."(1 Cor 14:24,25 KJV)

Prophecy, is not a premeditated thing by the person. Very similar to when Jesus told the disciples that the Spirit of the Father would speak in them when needed.

Again you are in error....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Simply 'finding God', knowing he exists, will not save you. Salvation is by faith alone. And faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
you just seemed to ignore all the evidence I gave and continued your words.

I meet some that believe what they do no matter what you show them, Its like they are saying don't bother me with the facts or the truth.

They find Him by faith and the word is sown as a seed in men to draw them convict them, reprove them and give life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That doesn't say anything about the Spirit giving the believers a message, it is the Spirit giving a message to the people dragging them through the courts. A unique situation. It says the Spirit will give them the words to say. The words they speak are not their words, they are the Spirit's. This is nothing to do with God speaking a message to believers through their hearts as you claim.
You error again,

God speaks in all believers through their renewed mind, heart and spirit. And God can speak in all believers.

We see that this speaking was not Just for Paul. But this could be for any of the believers.But you have that other erroneous doctrine called "cessationism" that spiritual gifts eased with the apostles.

It seems that this is a chief error which hinders you from coming to the light of this discusson.

"24 But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: 25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth."(1 Cor 14:24,25 KJV)

Prophecy, is not a premeditated thing by the person. Very similar to when Jesus told the disciples that the Spirit of the Father would speak in them when needed. But God giving him words and revelation, or anything revealed. But notice that God is in them of a truth and God speaks forth in His power words for the people. Paul encouraged all to seek such a gift, not just himself and a few others. (1 Cor 14:1)

and another verse to add here

"3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost."(1 Cor 12:3 KJV)

Acts 2:4
"And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have still not supplied a single scripture that say God gives us extra-biblical revelations.
By "extra biblical revelations", do you mean that God cannot speak except through written scripture?

If so this has been shown over and over with a multitude of scriptures.

Also just read 1 Cor 14 they all could prophecy and have anything revealed to them. These revelations were among the churches often. As they are today as well.

Just read again Hebrews 11 and see that many there did not have scripture yet and God spoke. And prove that God spoke to them outside them audibly and not in their hearts and minds by the Spirit. God is a spirit and the natural man does not receive or know the things of God neither can he know them. The only men that can hear the Spirit of God and the things of God are those who are in spirit as Abraham and others were. They had faith and Christ dwells in the heart by faith.They had the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen.

God speaks to the heart in men and in their mind and spirit and in dreams and through Prophets (he is the one preaching through them often first person, and so he is the divine preacher) and through written scripture as he manifest the truth in their hearts to those who hear. He speaks through creation and in many situations and circumstances by types and life lessons and through all things he can speak Psalm 19. There is nothing hid from the heat of His word. Hos word is like a fire, hammer sword, bread, milk, light, water a seed etc..

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is not speaking about extra-biblical revelations.

"Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me."

People are taught of God when they hear and read the scripture.
Jesus was referring to them hearing the Father and being taught by Him those who came to him. Some did not come to him and hardened their hearts, they were blinded.

He did not specifically speak of scripture in the verses I showed .In fact, many had read scripture and never heard Gods voice or heard Him or were taught of him. Jesus said

John 5:39

37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. 38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. 39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."

"43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word...
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God."

Yet the Pharisees read scripture and heard Jesus words in the flesh, physically. But they did not hear the word that is spirit in their hearts. They did not hear the Father speak in their heart.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That was the same perverted method you used to arrive at your conclusion that "the truth" in Rom 1:18 is Christ.
I use no perverted "method". You are in confusion here.

"18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all [this applies to all men everywhere of all times since Adam]ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 2...when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened."(Romans 1:19-21 KJV)

Jesus is the truth and the truth is in Jesus.

They hold the truth in unrighteousness. This is similar to those who step on the seed, where it is trodden down. They do this in a spiritual sense by crucifying Christ in their hearts by their sins and iniquities and hardened heart. The word of God sown in their hearts. That which may be known of God is manifest ( revealed) IN them, for God hath shown it unto them.They, as all Gentiles have the work of the law written in their hearts (Romans 2:14,15 KJV). This is the truth also that they reject.Notice also that their foolish hearts were darkened. In their hearts is where the seed, word, light, truth is sown.

5 A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it....11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved."(Luke 8:5,11,12 KJV)

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let's see what the verse actually says before you distorted the meaning by only quoting part of it.

1 Cor 3:16 "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?"

The Spirit is not light.
God is light, and God dwells in us and of course we know that God is a spirit.

We read of the spirit of the father, the Spirit of the Son and the Holy Ghost.

We read of the Father the Word and the Holy Ghost, these three are one.The Father is God the Word is God and the Holy Ghost is God.

The father is in believers, the Son Jesus Christ is in believers, and the Holy Ghost is in believers. Believers have BOTH the Father and the Son in them as scripture speaks of in places.

the key part is that God delleth in us

here are some more verses about God being in us since you tried to distort my words that clearly were right.

Philippians 2:13
"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."

Colossians 1:29
"Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily."

Hebrews 13:20, 21

"The God of peace...Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen."

1 Corinthians 6:17
"But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit."

1 Corinthians 14:25
"And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here you are again eisegetically reading your own ideas into scripture. "Which also ye are called in one body" is nothing to do with church meetings. There is no mention of "men coming together in assemblies" as you claim. Unquestionably "one body" is a reference to the body of Christ, the universal Church:

you are wrong again..
Paul was speaking to the Colossian church He said previously in Colossians 2

"5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ."(Colossians 2:5 KJV)

Here Paul clearly is speaking of their church "order" in the spirit and this again shows that the order and rule or governing of God is in spirit . Yes faith in Christ is to be lived in their daily lives and activities, but as we will see he is specifically referring to their gatherings as the body of Christ where they are one body and have various gifts from God.

Paul touches on body ministry in Christ as the head again here

"9 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God".(Colossians 2:9 KJV)

This is identicle to Ephesians 4:15,16 where Paul speaks of various work in the body and different gifts and ministry to eachother where "Christ is the Head". Paul often spoke of God's order in the body and His Spiritual working. and how they were to be led and minister to eachother.

"11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love."(Ephesians 4:11-16 KJV)

This was spoken to the Ephesians church even though the same order has applications universally to all gatherings of the saints and their edifying "one another".

This edifying in the grace of God was also spoken of and God's order in (1 Cor 14:26-38 KJV) and Peter speaks of the manifold grace of God among the believers as well when they gather as the body and differing gifts as well (1 Peter 4:10,11 KJV)

"6 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying."(1 Cor 14:26 KJV)

All edifying is done in Christ as God works in all to make us perfect unto every good work. The Colossians would be no different from this order.

We already saw Paul speak to them of their spiritual order in Christ and he shows them now to let the peace of God rule (govern) in their HEARTS. The governing of their lives and gatherings and as when they gather as one body, is again the order he spoke of in chapter two. This order is in spirit as God works in all. But how can men let the peace of God rule IN their hearts if they come with sin or any distractions and flesh? They must come to hear God and be still and wait upon him.The next verse speaks of another Letting,to let the Word of Christ dwell IN them, richly.

"15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, [why would Paul tell them to let this happen, if it would happen anyway?. The opposite of the peace God ruling in their hearts is to be anxious and restless not at peace with God. The opposite would be to have a conscience with offense, where men do not examine theirselves.Also we read of the “peace of God or as we read in Hebrews “the God of peace” works in believers to make them perfect unto every good work. So if God makes us perfect then we must “Let “ him do this as we wait upon Him and his leading. We never are to go ahead of God and his work in us. This alone implies silent waiting and seeking God to move us guide us, teach us, makes us perfect in every good work we do in gatherings and in our life. He alone gives all gifts and by Him through Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Ghost we can do all things. There is no room here for man’s works and natural wisdom and intellectual talk and order. ] to the which also ye [the "ye" here refers to the Colossians specifically, for he did write to them specifically] are called in one body;[the word "called" is important for the word "church" means the "called out assembly". They are called in one body, that would be the body of Christ. He is speaking to them at that time and not specifically of all the body of Christ. Yes the body of Christ has a universal application. But in this case he speaks to the Colossians.]and be ye thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you [this word is of Christ, this is directly in them for Christ in you is the hope of glory Paul had said previously to them (Colssians 1:26 27, when speaking of the mystery to them] richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another [where do you suppose this teaching and admonishing "one another" is done? in a church gathering clearly] in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, [where do you suppose psalms and hymns can be sung to one another", in a church meeting where the body of Christ gathers, clearly] singing with grace in your hearts [this is the inward power of God Peter speaks of the manifold grace also and speaks of every man receiving the gift to minister and speak to one another as God gives ability and leading ( 1 Peter 4:10,11 KJV)]to the Lord."And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, [this whatsoever ye do would include ministering to one another in gatherings] do all in the name [in the character power and life] of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him."(Colossians 3:15,16 KJV)

So this section does refer to them gathering as the body of Christ and ministering , teaching and admonishing, with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to one another. to "one another" Paul speaks of the body edifying itself in other places as well in (1 Cor 12 and 14). There he talks of different gifts being given to the body of Christ and How God sets some in the church in different functions. He was referring to the Corinthians

This is similar to Paul's order spoken of in Ephesians 4:11-16 of the body edifying itself in Christ and Colossians 3

"7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. 12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ...
28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. "(1 Cor 12:7-12,28 KJV)

some verses to consider as well

"Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil. 2 Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few."*Ecclesiastes 5:1 ,2 KJV)

Proverbs 16:1
The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The source of light is the candle. You admit yourself the candle is not God, but our human spirits. Therefore Proverbs 20:27 is not a verse that says God is light inside us.

Even so, you have still failed to understand the verse. It doesn't say the Lord searches our inward parts, leading and guiding. Read it again, it is the spirit of man, the candle, that searches our inward parts.

Proverbs 20:27 The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts of the belly."
You are not correct here again...

Proverbs 20:27

"The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts of the belly."

Notice the part "candle of the Lord". Believers belong to God we are in Him and he is in us. He witnesses with out spirit and and we are born of the spirit. God lights our candle and searches us inwardly. We also examine ourselves and this is by His light that we walk through darkness. The Lord lightens our hearts.

We are light in the Lord

Ephesians 5:8
"For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:"

he that is joined to the Lord is one spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:17
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

In your spirit which are God's. The candle is the spirit and the candle stick is the body as i understand

1 Corinthians 6:20
"For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."

God is a Spirit and he speaks and work in us in our spirit.

Philippians 2:13
"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."

God searches the heart and the inward part. He tries the heart and spiritual man

Psalm 139:23

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:"

Psalm 7:9
Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins."

the candle of the Lord is enlightened by God and he is in us. He gives us life in our spirit

Psalm 18:28
For thou wilt light my candle: the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness."

Spiritually speaking the candle is lighted by God and the candlestick is our body or means in this life that the light shines forth from God.

Luke 8:16
"No man, when he hath lighted a candle, covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but setteth it on a candlestick, that they which enter in may see the light.

This candle is called "His candle for he shines the light in us and our spirit (inward man) is enlightened with the light of the living.

Job 29:3
When his candle shined upon my head, and when by his light I walked through darkness;'

His candle is our spiritual man as we read " the spirit of man is the candle 'OF THE LORD"

God works and speaks in and by us. It is through our spirit he works. But it is His light that lights the candle

Romans 1:9

"For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;"

2 Samuel 23:2
"The Spirit of the Lord spake by me, and his word was in my tongue."

We give our spirit into Gods hands

Psalm 31:5
"Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth."

Numbers 27:16
"Let the Lord, the God of the spirits of all flesh, set a man over the congregation,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him?

The spirit of the world is not saved But God can convict men inwardly either way.
But we receive the spirit which is of God, believers are born again a new creation, the new man the inner man is the spirit which is "of God".

"12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ."(1 Corinthians 2:12-15 KJV)

1 Corinthians 6:20
"For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Therefore our spirits are a "candle of the Lord". It is the God-given conscience within our spirits that searches our inward parts for sin.
What???

now your just making stuff up. And it did not say "a" candle of the Lord, but the candle of the lord.

It says the spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, not the conscience

The light reproves all things the conscience is not the light. The conscience can be defiled,

Titus 1:15
Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled."

but the true Light cannot be. God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.

you error here and are going into things too weighty for you.

The natural man does not understand the things of the spirit.

and this is connected

"12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do."(Hebrews 4:12,13 KJV)

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here you are again eisegetically reading your own ideas into scripture. "Which also ye are called in one body" is nothing to do with church meetings. There is no mention of "men coming together in assemblies" as you claim. Unquestionably "one body" is a reference to the body of Christ, the universal Church:

1 Cor 12:12-13 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body,

This is talking about the church of Corinth, even though the body has broader applications. Paul was showing them that that the gifts are to function to one another in the body in a gathering, we see this all through 12-14 and God's order.

He personalizes the chapter when he says "we' and "you" then,

"Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant...3 Wherefore I give you to understand...
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues."(1 Cor 12)
"Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy....I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied... How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying."(1 Cor 14)

Rom 12:5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ,

Here Paul speaks of body ministry again in the church and he was writing to the church at Rome,notice also the personal words, "you" "ye" when he says

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. 4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office [function in the body ministry of the church]: 5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.[speaking again of church meetings as well as their daily life. One of another has to do with the ministry also in Christ as the head to one another] 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion [prophecy edifies the church as 1 Cor 14:4 so this is definately connected to church meetings] of faith; 7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering [ministry is also for one another when gathered 1 Peter 4:10,11]: or he that teacheth, on teaching; 8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation"[these are all things done to one another in the church when the body of Christ gathers.

1 Cor 10:16-17 The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? For we being many are one bread, and one body:

and read more

17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread."

We are also partakers of that one bread, they were to edfiy and feed one another with the word and minister to one another.

Te communion speaks of the supper when they gathered as one body in a church gathering.

Notice also the "we" personalized part relating to the body of Christ the church in Corinth.
"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I have already explained, it is obvious from the next verse that "light" here is a metaphor for righteousness.
No God is not a metaphor.

God is Light means he IS Light. I am not refering to the light of the physical Sun. But God is a spirit. He dwells in light and this light is His marvellous light. This is the light of life. We walk in his light not in a metaphor.

We read of these things in scripture. Light is real spiritual light

Revelation 21:23. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.”

Revelation 22:5. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.”

1 Timothy 6:16. Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.”

Acts 9:3. And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:”

John 1:9. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.”

Matthew 17 - 2. And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I have already explained, it is obvious from the next verse that "light" here is a metaphor for righteousness.
No God is not a metaphor.

God is Light means he IS Light. I am not refering to the light of the physical Sun. But God is a spirit. He dwells in light and this light is His marvellous light. This is the light of life. We walk in his light not in a metaphor.

We read of these things in scripture. Light is real spiritual light

Revelation 21 - 23. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.”

Revelation 22 - 5. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.”

1 Timothy 6 - 16. Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.”

Acts 9 - 3. And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:”

Matthew 17 - 2. And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟251,947.00
Faith
Christian
I'm not going to waste any more of my time explaining the obvious meaning of these passages to you. I think you realise you are wrong but rather than being humble and admitting your mistakes you are arrogantly running around in circles trying to twist scripture to get it to fit with your erroneous theories. I think everyone can see for themselves the fallacious techniques you employ to come up with interpretations which no other respected commentators agree with.

1 Tim 1:5-8 But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion, wanting to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions. But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully;

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟166,441.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i think..

You think all sorts of errors ... I know the truth

I will just give you back your own words they apply to you alone, not me. And you have not wasted your time with your false attack upon the Light of Christ and your denial of Gods immediate work in his children. You have found yourself out by your errors and heard biblical correction. It may be very profitable for you and others to read over the corrections again.

Jesus said his sheep hear his voice, for someone to tell us that we do not is the height of arrogance and puffed up knowledge.How dare you even speak against those who hear God and are led by the Spirit and who have Jesus Christ speak in them.

Your words apply to yourself

“ I think you realise you are wrong but rather than being humble and admitting your mistakes you are arrogantly running around in circles trying to twist scripture to get it to fit with your erroneous theories. I think everyone can see for themselves the fallacious techniques you employ to come up with interpretations”

The pit you try to dig for me Take heed you may fall into it yourself.

Ecclesiastes 10 - 8. He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0