Depok
✟22,935.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Sigh...dude, Judas became completely possessed. Here is the greek word for entered.

We should not try to understand it literally.

A person completely possessed could not seek the chief priests and officers of the Temple and discussed how they might betray Jesus, but Judas was completely possessed with the "money" idea, the same thing with Eve who was possessed with the "as smart as God" idea from the devil.

Luke 22:3 Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve. 4 And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus. 5 They were delighted and agreed to give him money. 6 He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

A person completely possessed could not seek the chief priests and officers of the Temple and discussed how they might betray Jesus, but Judas was completely possessed with the "money" idea, the same thing with Eve who was possessed with the "as smart as God" idea from the devil.

Luke 22:3 Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve. 4 And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus. 5 They were delighted and agreed to give him money. 6 He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present.

It is literal. I am not sure why you keep digging this hole for yourself and doubling down with really bad exegesis.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Can christians be oppressed and influenced by demons?
No, because Christ should be dwelling in them. Demons flee at His name.
This notion is just church mythology with no scriptural basis.

I have been casting demons out of God fearing Christians for the last 40 years. Their lives become transformed as they experience spiritual freedom from the inner demons who previously had complete access to their thoughts and emotions.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
That's right, we shouldn't take the bible literally, like Jesus didn't literally die on a literal cross.
Judas was being led willingly by Satan, just as if their two minds indwelling Judas's body were co conspirators in establishing a course of action.

The biggest problem that people have with indwelling demons, is separating their own thoughts from that of the demons. Thus they willing go along with demonic ideas because they think they are their won.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
This notion is just church mythology with no scriptural basis.

I have been casting demons out of God fearing Christians for the last 40 years. Their lives become transformed as they experience spiritual freedom from the inner demons who previously had complete access to their thoughts and emotions.

I never knew demon and the Holy Spirit can dwell in the same place like that

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
The rebellious Israelites had been filling the temple with idols and false gods long before the Spirit of God finally removed himself from the Holy place of the temple.

ie. To a degree they cohabited.
Likewise the Spirit of God will cohabit when there are still demons dwelling within believers.
Its part of our freewill, if we want to remain in bondage, then God will allow that..

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The rebellious Israelites had been filling the temple with idols and false gods long before the Spirit of God finally removed himself from the Holy place of the temple.

Yeah but that doesn't explain demon possession. At most that would explain being in the presence of them.

Upvote 0

R. Hartono

Feb 2, 2018
Depok
✟22,935.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It is literal. I am not sure why you keep digging this hole for yourself and doubling down with really bad exegesis.

These are some examples of people possessed by demon, they hv no control over their action :
Matt 17:15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatic, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.

Mark 5:5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones

However, Judas was not possessed, the devil inspired him to betray Jesus for money, after that he went to meet the chief priests and the officers to "negotiate" the money and how they will betray Jesus.

I know you cannot accept this as you read the Bible literally.

Upvote 0

Andrew Jeremiah

Biblical Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2018
TExas
✟28,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Definitely yes, but even Jesus told you to do it 2000 years ago.
That's not correct. You nor I were there 2000 years ago. Don't insert yourself into the narrative. That's when error begins.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Yeah but that doesn't explain demon possession. At most that would explain being in the presence of them.
I was answering your post No125 where you said.-
Given that a believer is a temple of the Holy Spirit, my response demonstrates precisely that they both can and do dwell in the same place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I was answering your post No125 where you said.-

Given that a believer is a temple of the Holy Spirit, my response demonstrates precisely that they both can and do dwell in the same place.

When I said place, i meant in their heart. I know physically they can be in the same realm, but as the driving force of your actions, I don't see that.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
That's not correct. You nor I were there 2000 years ago. Don't insert yourself into the narrative. That's when error begins.
Do you realise how daft that statement is?
Are you prepared to apply the same rule to all the other commands that Jesus gave, like go and preach the gospel. After all, you weren't around when he said that, and according to you, we mustn't insert ourselves into the narrative.

When you make up rules as you've just done, you can't just pick and choose where you apply them. They either apply to none or to all, and that's where your rule becomes farcical.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
When I said place, i meant in their heart. I know physically they can be in the same realm, but as the driving force of your actions, I don't see that.
In the NT, your body is likened to the God's temple of Jerusalem. Therefore it is entirely sensible to draw a comparison as to How the Spirit of God reacts to the demonic in his temple.

Notwithstanding the above, my experience backs this up as I have been casting evil spirits out of Christians for the last 40 years, and in doing so, have seen many lives transformed.
Jesus commanded us to do it, so I got on and did it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Andrew Jeremiah

Biblical Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2018
TExas
✟28,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you realise how daft that statement is?
Are you prepared to apply the same rule to all the other commands that Jesus gave, like go and preach the gospel. After all, you weren't around when he said that, and according to you, we mustn't insert ourselves into the narrative.

When you make up rules as you've just done, you can't just pick and choose where you apply them. They either apply to none or to all, and that's where your rule becomes farcical.
As a Matter of fact I have.

The so-called "Great Commission" was a commission given specifically to the apostle - and there were eleven of them.
However, the Scripture is there for our training and admonition. And such a directive from God the person would receive the call and the Church would witness the call. You can't just take a ministry and command given to ANOTHER member in the Body of Christ and take it as "yours." That's called copying and mimicking the gift and call of someone who was actually gifted and called to that ministry.
Here, let me help...the apostle is the thumb in the body of Christ.

Are you called of God apostle? God KNOWS He is the one to baptize into the Body of Christ and also to make or authorize an apostle.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
As a Matter of fact I have.

The so-called "Great Commission" was a commission given specifically to the apostle - and there were eleven of them.
Apart from being illogical, that's completely wrong from scripture.
I stated that 2000 years ago, Jesus commanded us to cast out demons.

In response you erroneously claimed.-
Even if, as you claim, they were aimed at just the eleven, let's look at the actual words of Jesus.-
Mark16v15He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
You can claim the above is limited to 11 people if you so wish, but it makes no difference because Jesus continues with the instruction I was referring to, that all believers will cast out demons.-
17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues..........etc.;

I think that's pretty clear, believers will cast out demons, even today.
And as I have stated before, along with many other servants of Jesus, I have obediently been doing this for 40 years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andrew Jeremiah

Biblical Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2018
TExas
✟28,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Apart from being illogical, that's completely wrong from scripture.
I stated that 2000 years ago, Jesus commanded us to cast out demons.

In response you erroneously claimed.-

Even if, as you claim, they were aimed at just the eleven, let's look at the actual words of Jesus.-
Mark16v15He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
You can claim the above is limited to 11 people if you so wish, but it makes no difference because Jesus continues with the instruction I was referring to, that all believers will cast out demons.-
17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues..........etc.;

I think that's pretty clear, believers will cast out demons, even today.
And as I have stated before, along with many other servants of Jesus, I have obediently been doing this for 40 years.
Yeah, Mark 16:9-20 has some problems.
But still, Jesus speaks to His apostles. They were commissioned.
The Word of God is written TO and FOR believers in Covenant with God ONLY.
You must read it in that context. Otherwise, you'll end up with eisegetical interpretations that don't line up with Scripture.
You been casting out demons?
What are demons?

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Yeah, Mark 16:9-20 has some problems.
But still, Jesus speaks to His apostles. They were commissioned.
The Word of God is written TO and FOR believers in Covenant with God ONLY.
I don't know about you Andrew, but I am in covenant with God because of the blood of Jesus, the lamb of God.
You must read it in that context. Otherwise, you'll end up with eisegetical interpretations that don't line up with Scripture.
You been casting out demons?
What are demons?
Strange question from a supposed scholar?
Demons are spirits that have rebelled against God and are part of Satan's realm.

Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Still defining spirits as ghosts and goblins, so superstitious...

Spirits are many things, but living, conscious entities that can take over someone's body is not one of them.

Mainly, spirits are principles that motivate behavior... Everyone has them and anyone can be 'taken over' by them. Grief is a spirit, and can completely take over a person and "cloud" their judgement and can even fully incapacitate a person...

Everyone has dark, primal forces beneath the surface, in the underworld of the human psyche. Religious folks are often more prone to religious and superstitious theme delusions... Delusions and false realities themselves are some of the most powerful "evil spirits" around.

Upvote 0

Andrew Jeremiah

Biblical Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2018
TExas
✟28,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know about you Andrew, but I am in covenant with God because of the blood of Jesus, the lamb of God.

Strange question from a supposed scholar?
Demons are spirits that have rebelled against God and are part of Satan's realm.
It may be a "strange question" Francis Drake, but the answer helps me understand. And that's what's important.
I'd seek to fellowship some more but there was a cold, malicious response from another when I asked a question about their church background - denominationally. Seems the command of God tempering the Body together and the intimacy involved to accomplish that isn't important to certain so-called Christians.
But then again, I have to deal with a Church overall that is in disobedience and error-prone because God's people have forsaken the truth for a lie.
So, to keep posting I'll have to keep everyone beyond arms length and not ask questions in order to "get to know them."

The gift of discernment allows the person to discern/judge the source of any and all spiritual activity or phenomenon. This gift discerns:

1. the spirit of angels (elect and non-elect)
2. the spirit of man
3. the Spirit of God.

Demons originate in man. They are not "fallen angelic beings." They are human attitudes. And a fake Christian (not saying you are) can adjust or "cast out" someone's negative, or evil attitude and think as Christian they actually cast out an angel from a person. Angels do not possess humans.

Upvote 0