The Righteousness of God (Short version)

Ron Evartt

Jul 10, 2020
Broken Arrow
✟17,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is His righteousness?

This verse will explain a lot!
1Co 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

So in contrast “righteousness” is the opposite of sin!

So what is sin? 1Jn 3:4 Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

This makes “Righteousness” the “Law”!

Warnings!!!

Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Here Jesus is stating, those who “hear not Moses” (The Law) and the prophets, won’t listen to even to Him, “though one rose from the dead”.

Now look at this! (Jesus speaking) Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Mat 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Mat 5:11 Blessed are you, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Pro 28:9 He that turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is His righteousness?

This verse will explain a lot!
1Co 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

So in contrast “righteousness” is the opposite of sin!

So what is sin? 1Jn 3:4 Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

This makes “Righteousness” the “Law”!

Warnings!!!

Luk 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Here Jesus is stating, those who “hear not Moses” (The Law) and the prophets, won’t listen to even to Him, “though one rose from the dead”.

Now look at this! (Jesus speaking) Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Mat 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Mat 5:11 Blessed are you, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Pro 28:9 He that turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

I believe your logic in defining righteousness as the law is flawed. So what is righteousness? Could it be that God's people are righteous when they are in a right relationship with Him? When they enjoy His salvation they are considered righteous by Him. Paul speaks of the righteousness of faith and love within the new covenant of grace which emanates from Christ to those who believe. In that through the faith, given by God alone through the fullness of the work of Christ God imputes the righteousness of Christ to those who believe.

Upvote 0

Ron Evartt

Jul 10, 2020
Broken Arrow
✟17,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We’re saved through the righteousness of Jesus Christ, and His blood sacrifice which atoned for our sins, but that doesn’t abolish God’s law! This is exactly what our Messiah and Paul (and all the apostles…) were conveying in the scriptures. Most all of Christianity today teach and believe God changes and His laws are abolished, even though Jesus and the apostles say otherwise. We know through His Word He doesn’t change (Mal 3:6, Heb 13:8). If the church would understand how the law of God is righteousness then they would be obeying Him, just as Jesus did fulfilling God’s law, but not destroying God’s law, and He became our righteousness. (1Jn 2:6 He that says he abides in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.) The perfect, eternal, and righteous law of God can’t be perfectly kept by any believer, but that doesn’t make the law the problem, it makes us the problem. This is what’s being taught in the scriptures over and over again. (Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. Rom 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. Jas 1:22 But be you doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.) Did Jesus come to give us new doctrine? No. (Joh 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.) What does Jesus say about the law? (Mat 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, Mat 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: (This is done on His Sabbath, in the synagogue, when they read the first 5 books of the Bible, known as the Torah) Mat 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.) Has God’s law been abolished? No. Heaven and earth have not passed away. (Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.)

Just a few scriptures defining God’s law (Can you see Jesus in these?):

Psa 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the
LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Psa 19:8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the
commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.

Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and
good.

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Pro 13:14 The law of the wise is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of
death.

Psa 119:1 ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of
the LORD.
Psa 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the
whole heart.
Psa 119:3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
Psa 119:4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.

Pro 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of
instruction are the way of life:

Psa 119:29 Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me thy law graciously.

Psa 119:30 I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me.

Does God’s Word lie or change?

This was said before anyone had the New Testament:
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for
correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Joh 14:15 If you love Me, keep my commandments.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ron Evartt

Jul 10, 2020
Broken Arrow
✟17,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Psa 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.
Psa 119:143 Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me: yet thy commandments are my delights.
Psa 119:144 The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting: give me understanding, and I shall live.
Psa 119:145 KOPH. I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O LORD: I will keep thy statutes.
Psa 119:146 I cried unto thee; save me, and I shall keep thy testimonies.
Psa 119:147 I prevented the dawning of the morning, and cried: I hoped in thy word.
Psa 119:148 Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.
Psa 119:149 Hear my voice according unto thy loving kindness: O LORD, quicken me according to thy judgment.
Psa 119:150 They draw nigh that follow after mischief: they are far from thy law.
Psa 119:151 Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth.

Upvote 0