It is the doers of the Law who are righteous before God.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Paul states that when you think like this you are thinking in the flesh.
Much of man likes to think of God in fleshy terms. God even sent us a man to identify Him with. But man unfortunately still likes to follow fellow man finding it hard to relate to anything else. The Jews looking for a fleshy messiah to save a fleshy world was a good example of that

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see Jesus, the Messiah, and the risen Christ as God. I believe every word out of His mouth is the word of God. I understand in the Gospels the audience was the Jews and He was sent to the Jews first and the Gentiles second. How can you not regard Jesus' earthly ministry to the Jews and a few Gentiles? Because Paul said? Throughout scripture, I see Paul's reverence toward Jesus Christ as God which I don't see in comments.
( the next time you post scripture with the word "therefore" I like to see the preceding scripture for context.)

I prefer to follow Jesus period!

Yet, you excuse yourself from Luke 12:32-33.

Do you think that counts as following Jesus in the flesh?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the only argument you can produce in not following Christ is the fact that if we follow Christ we are to literally do everything the early churches did knowing times have changed.

Since you are aware that times have changed, do you know why the early church did sell all they have in Acts 2:44-45 and Acts 4:32, and why that command does not apply to you today?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yet, you excuse yourself from Luke 12:32-33.

Do you think that counts as following Jesus in the flesh?
No, Jesus was addressing worries that the disciples had and reassuring them in Luke 12:22-33. Not understanding in the flesh part? But that seems to be your go-to verse. Wouldn't it be better to:
Luk 12:31
“But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things[fn] shall be added to you.

What is Paul saying about Jesus in these verses? what does Roman 3: 22 mean?

Rom 3:21
But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,

Rom 3:22
even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all[fn] who believe. For there is no difference;

Rom 3:27
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.

Rom 3:28
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

Rom 3:29
Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also,

Rom 3:30
since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith.

Rom 3:31
Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, Jesus was addressing worries that the disciples had and reassuring them in Luke 12:22-33.

So why did the little flock actually followed his command in Acts 2:44-45 and Acts 4:32?

Did they not realized Jesus did not meant what he literally told them to do there?

Not understanding in the flesh part?

FYI, when I said Jesus in the flesh, I meant his first coming to Israel and his commands to them (John 1:14, 1 John 4:2, Hebrews 2:14 etc).

Nothing negative about being in the flesh. Its just to distinguish between Jesus in the flesh to Israel (Matthew 15:24), and the ascended Christ that gave Paul the new gospel of grace (Galatians 1:11-12).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Give this some thought and tell me what answer you will give.

On judgement day two people stand before God,
  • one who believed in Jesus Christ and lived like everybody else in his society; no notable holiness, no heart felt obedience to God's commands, just the usual attitudes and practises of his peers.
  • The other believer in Jesus Christ and lived a holy life that was notable for works of mercy, prayer, charity, goodness, and heart felt obedience to God's commandments, this one was outstanding for not having the usual attitudes and practises of his peers.
shall both hear "Well done, good and faithful servant, because thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will place thee over many things. Enter thou into the joy of thy lord. [Mat 25:21]"
Or shall only one here it?

Jesus was preaching the gospel of the kingdom to Israel, which requires faith and works to enter the kingdom to receive their salvation.

So the answer to your rhetorical question is obvious.

But the real question you should be asking is, despite clear passages like Matthew 10:5-8 and Matthew 15:24, why would you think that gospel of the kingdom is still the gospel that saves you today?

Upvote 0

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,536.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
  • Winner
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because Christ's church and the Holy Spirit say so.

So despite what Matthew 10:5 and Matthew 15:24 said literally, you as a gentile still want to put yourself under the gospel of the kingdom?

You should instead listen to your apostle Paul who tells you Galatians 1:8-9 not to do that.

Upvote 0

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,536.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So despite what Matthew 10:5 and Matthew 15:24 said literally, you as a gentile still want to put yourself under the gospel of the kingdom?

You should instead listen to your apostle Paul who tells you Galatians 1:8-9 not to do that.
Not really, it is despite what you say those verses mean; of course, those verses do not mean what you claim so I do not feel any obligation to follow you.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not really, it is despite what you say those verses mean; of course, those verses do not mean what you claim so I do not feel any obligation to follow you.

I am using the literal meaning, in English.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
These are three scriptures many gentiles don't like to hear about their alternate messiah

Acts 19:8 He {Paul} went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the Kingdom of God

Acts 28:23 He expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets

Acts 28:30-31 And received all that came in unto him, preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These are three scriptures many gentiles don't like to hear about their alternate messiah

Acts 19:8 He {Paul} went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the Kingdom of God

Acts 28:23 He expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets

Acts 28:30-31 And received all that came in unto him, preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ

Right, the both wives has long hair means both married to the same woman reasoning, that you love to use.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Right, the both wife has long hair means both married to the same woman reasoning, that you love to use.
You are the one who said 'So despite what Matthew 10:5 and Matthew 15:24 said literally, you as a gentile still want to put yourself under the gospel of the kingdom?'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.