Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The 490 years ended in the mid-1st century. If you know the events of the Jewish war, you know the destruction described is pretty close to that (as opposed to what happened to Messiah and the 7 things he accomplished, which would have happened in the Gospel event earlier). There are a few years remaining but it is very close (based on an edict to return being 444 BC).

So when Mt 24 & //s says the AofD would be in the inner part of the temple, or when it warns about the city being surrounded, it is using language from Dan 9 in its time normal frame, in the mid-1st century. Jesus did say, after all, this generation would see all these things happen. While this is true of the Judean catastrophe (the DofJ), it was not true of the world-wide return of Christ, which is the emphasis in Mt 24 after v29. That was expected right after the DofJ, but it was always allowed that it might not happen then, because "only the Father" knows.

Futurist eschatology is continually in conflict with this timestamp because it "needs" things to happen in the future, as you can see from all the charts etc. The question still remains whether such a need is true to what the materials are saying.

I cannot budge past the "allowance" fact. Please send reasons otherwise. If the apostles were going to teach that (and they did, with Peter saying the same in 2 Pet 3), then the DofJ events preceded them. The DofJ is not part of the "allowance." It happened. The return and world judgement is allowed to be unspecific.

Upvote 0

KNOWLEDGE BOMB

Jun 6, 2013
The suncoast
✟818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Abomanation of desolation happens as the image of the Antichrist is setup and people have taken His image and worship him as god -

comes from Greek word bdelugma - mainly means idolatrous

Which is what seals your fate in the lake of fire - satans main goal
Rev 14:9-11) Youve crossed the no-turn-back point!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KNOWLEDGE BOMB

Jun 6, 2013
The suncoast
✟818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The 490 years ended in the mid-1st century. If you know the events of the Jewish war, you know the destruction described is pretty close to that (as opposed to what happened to Messiah and the 7 things he accomplished, which would have happened in the Gospel event earlier). There are a few years remaining but it is very close (based on an edict to return being 444 BC).

KNOWLEDGE BOMB replies:

the 70th week or the last 7 years have Not happened yet...

Daniel tells us in 9:24 that 70 weeks are laid out for Israel

But let's start with the cutting off of the messiah - at the crucifixtion 69 weeks had passed....

9:26 and the PEOPLE of the (Prince to come) will destroy the city and sanctuary.
We know this happened in 70ad by the Romans.... But what about the prince to come? He will also be a roman! But what He does does Not start till verse 27... This simply hasn't been done for one.... I say one because if we go back to verse 24 we see other things that are also undone....

1. Sins have Not been ended
2. The Jew is Not reconciled to God through jesus's life
(all men are reconciled to God by Jesus death BUT, they are still going to the lake of fire)
they must Now be reconciled to God through Jesus life.)
3. Everlasting righteousness here on earth? Not till Jesus sets up his kingdom of 1000 yrs will this be....

YOU also say:Jesus did say, after all, this generation would see all these things happen.

KNOWLEDGE BOMB replies: Jesus was Not replying to those standing before him in Matt 24.... You say Matt 24 has already happened but this isn't true: you forget that the disciples asked 3 questions of Jesus.

1. When will temple be destroyed (70ad)
2. Sign of His coming (still future)
3. End of the world (still)

Matt 24:33 talks of those who see the following verse's happens - that the Generation that See's these events happen will not pass away until Christ comes....

The deciples Never saw these things happen.... These things are the Sign of His coming

we also see matt 24 follows the tribulation... Wars famine pestilences

the messiah does not show up and this starts (matt 24:5) from just after pre trib Jesus doesn't show up... Which is why all the false Christ show up... Which gives heed to scoffers who come FIRST in the LAST days (start of tribulation) saying where is the promise of his coming (2 Peter 3:3-4) the pre trib rapture is that promise made to the people today....

The ten virgins also become Unwise when the master is delayed (the pre trib Jesus doesn't show up) then faced with a godless tribulation world they lose faith and are left behind... Luke good faithful servant same thing....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
2300 day chart

Hi guy, on day 220, 2300 days prior to Jesus's return as you show it on the chart is not the day that the Antichrist is revealed as the man of sin.

I agree with your placement of the 2300 days. But what happens on day 220 is that the animal sacrifices start up again. That's a little more than 7 months after the Antichrist as the Jews' perceived king messiah confirms the Mt. Sinai covenant to begin the 7 years.

We don't know for certain the exact day that the Antichrist will reveal himself to be the man of sin.
We know that it is going to happen between day 220 and day 1185 (the day the AOD will set up be worshipped). Most likely it will be close to day 1185,... because has to happen during the middle portion of the 7 years, because he stops the daily sacrifice in the midst of the week in Daniel 9:27.

So to review...

On day 1 the Antichrist false king messiah confirms the covenant to begin the 7 years.

On day 220 the animal sacrifices begin again.

On day ????? before day 1185, but still in the middle part of the 7 years, the Antichrist goes into the temple and claims to be God, revealing himself as the man of sin.

On day ???? before day 1185, God has the Antichrist killed for his action, Ezekiel 28:1-10.

On day ???? before day 1185, God in His disdain for the Antichrist kicks him out of the grave, Isaiah 14:19-20, bringing him back alive to face eternal judgment of being cast alive into the lake of fire.

On day 1185, the image the false prophet has made of the slain and come back alive Antichrist is setup to be worshiped.

Doug

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(Daniel 11:31)"And the laws shall stand on the black man's part, and the white Americans shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily school prayer, and they shall put in place interracial marriage that makes desolate the white race."

(Daniel 12:11) "And there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days between the time that the daily school prayer is taken away (in 1963), and interracial marriage set up (in 1967 with the abolishing of the remaining Anti-mesegenation laws)."

lol.....I need to get out more often.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi Bomb,
Dan 9's final paragraph is not a 1 through 10 sequence. He doubles back. This happens a lot in prophecy. Even in Mt 24 where a deception layer is described, then a persecution layer, then a sign to escape. Not a hint that they are a sequence.

In the case of Dan 9, the person who does the abomination is not necessarily the other prince (other = not Messiah).

The images that Jesus pulls from Dan 9, besides the direct quotes, include the flood image (which does the 'taking' of v39). The days will have people who decide to leave too late, like Noah's flood, or like Lot's family.

The 7 accomplishments of Messiah are not often seen in light of the Gospel. They are all true in the Gospel. This vision comes about as an answer to prayer for atonement. How will exiled Israel atone for their sins? Messiah will do it; he will be cut down, but not because of his sins, rather for others. The NT is full of using these same terms for the Gospel.

For some reason, it is very difficult for people here to grasp one idea from Mt 24 & //s. If you say the return would happen right after the distress, although the Father might delay the return, then that return didn't necessarily happen then, did it? In fact, it might still be future to us, right? Well, that is the case. He did give them the expectation that it would happen right after the disaster of the DofJ, but allowed for it to be way after. I don't know what is confusing about that, but very few folks here seem to get it.

As far as I can tell, the AofD is the person who took over Jerusalem and operated out of the temple in the revolt against Rome. He killed the high priest, he suspended worship to save food (sort of a double meaning to suspend sacrifices there--one for Christ and one for the against-messiah), and was generally awful.

I don't know that it matters that much, but the calamity of Jerusalem from 66-70 was 3.5 years. Masada's mass suicide didn't happen for 2 more years, and there were flickers of major revolt back earlier in that decade, not to mention a major one in 6 AD through a certain Judas the Galilean.

Upvote 0

fcorman

May 29, 2013
✟185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So to review...

On day 1 the Antichrist false king messiah confirms the covenant to begin the 7 years.

Wrong. Daniel 9:26,27 says "the people of the prince" will confirm the covenant with many!

On day 220 the animal sacrifices begin again.

Wrong. Animal sacrificing is not mentioned once in Daniel. The daily sacrifice and oblation is mentioned, and it means the daily worship and prayer.
More specifically it means, the daily school prayer and worship.

On day ????? before day 1185, but still in the middle part of the 7 years, the Antichrist goes into the temple and claims to be God, revealing himself as the man of sin.

Wrong. The word "Antichrist" is not mentioned in any of the prophetic scriptures of the Bible....not in Daniel, not in Revelation, not in 2nd Thess.2, nor any other place.
The false teachers borrowed the term from 1st and 2nd John, and wrongly applied it to the terms, man of sin, and son of perdition.

On day ???? before day 1185, God has the Antichrist killed for his action, Ezekiel 28:1-10.

Wrong. John said in Revelation 13,

And I stood upon the sand of the sea of Patmos, and saw in a vision a beast (Babylon the Great) rise out of the sea, having seven heads, and ten horn with crowns on them. And I saw one of his heads (one of the people of Babylon the Great), as it were, wounded, and I saw their wound healed. And all the world wondered after the wounded people."
(The Babylon the Great which John saw represented America. And the wounded head or wounded people represented African Americans.)

On day ???? before day 1185, God in His disdain for the Antichrist kicks him out of the grave, Isaiah 14:19-20, bringing him back alive to face eternal judgment of being cast alive into the lake of fire.

You gotta be kidding! Once again, there is no "Antichrist" or false christ mentioned in the prophetic scriptures.

On day 1185, the image the false prophet has made of the slain and come back alive Antichrist is setup to be worshiped.

All part of "the Antichrist" myth.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
To fcorman,
I think you are a case of literalism devouring other literalism. The materials involved are a case of "if A=1 and A=B=C=D then B--D each = 1." Mt 24 & //s mention impostor Christs. Luke is basically recording Paul's thoughts and Paul said a man of sin was going to show up. Mt 24 & //s also mention an AofD and use the masculine article with it (see notes on Mk 13:14 and 29), meaning it may be a person. And in fact, in the last year of the Great Revolt (69), John of Gischala did murder the standing high priest and otherwise ran amuck through the worship system and the city. Then John (not in Rev) says that antichrists are already here and at work.

You've made some blanket statements that need to be withdrawn or qualified.

Upvote 0

fcorman

May 29, 2013
✟185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To fcorman,
I think you are a case of literalism devouring other literalism. The materials involved are a case of "if A=1 and A=B=C=D then B--D each = 1." Mt 24 & //s mention impostor Christs. Luke is basically recording Paul's thoughts and Paul said a man of sin was going to show up. Mt 24 & //s also mention an AofD and use the masculine article with it (see notes on Mk 13:14 and 29), meaning it may be a person. And in fact, in the last year of the Great Revolt (69), John of Gischala did murder the standing high priest and otherwise ran amuck through the worship system and the city. Then John (not in Rev) says that antichrists are already here and at work.

Jesus said of the events that would transpire on earth prior to his second coming: "When you see these things come to pass."
I interpret end-time prophetic scriptures based on things I've seen come to pass over the last 50-60 years.

The false prophets, otoh, create their own interpretations, of which none have come to pass.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Codger

Oct 23, 2003
N. E. Ohio
✟1,926.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Interplanner said:
To fcorman,

I know it's a bit confusing but Eleazar Ben Simon was the one who first took over the temple (AofD) before the coming of the army of Agrippa II and later Cestius and the12th legion. So he was the Historical revealed "man of sin." It was much later that John of Gischala tricked Eleazar into opening the gates to the temple so the people could offer sacrifice at Passover. His men disguised themselves as worshipers and at an opportune time took over the Temple which John held until it was burned. I don't recall that Eleazar was killed but I think just deposed. I once thought that it was Eleazar Ben Ananus who was the man of sin because Josephus only says "Eleazar" but a knowledgable brother corrected me on this because of the trick. This showed that it was Eleazar Ben Simon and not Eleazar Ben Ananus. My mistake.

Upvote 0

Codger

Oct 23, 2003
N. E. Ohio
✟1,926.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OK...I thought Gischala won the award for murdering the high priest.

He did but I can't recall when - it seems like maybe 69AD.

Cut-n-paste
John of Gischala The second false messiah is John of Gischala.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zealotry_in_Jewish_history#cite_note-Reed-10 The man was so violent that anyone who even considered peace with Rome was a traitor. He had thousands killed. He tried to take royal authority in Jerusalem and betrayed his own people in the process.[4] He too entered the temple and killed the high priest. 8,500 people died on the temple grounds the day John took the temple. He appointed a mockery of a high priest, was arrested by Romans in 70 CE and spent the remainder of his life in prison.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zealotry_in_Jewish_history#cite_note-Reed-10

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟102,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Sorry fellow writers, but if the original premise is misunderstood, how can anything after be correct? What is the first mention of the 2300 days, and what was the context? What was the intent of the author for that passage?

This chapter begins with the vision of the ram and the goat.

Dan 8
3 Then I lifted my eyes and saw, and there, standing beside the river, was a ram which had two horns, and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher one came up last. 4 I saw the ram pushing westward, northward, and southward, so that no animal could withstand him; nor was there any that could deliver from his hand, but he did according to his will and became great. 5 And as I was considering, suddenly a male goat came from the west, across the surface of the whole earth, without touching the ground; and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.

So what does this mean? We don't have to guess, for Daniel tells us.

20 The ram which you saw, having the two horns—they are the kings of Media and Persia. 21 And the male goat is the kingdom of Greece. The large horn that is between its eyes is the first king. 22 As for the broken horn and the four that stood up in its place, four kingdoms shall arise out of that nation, but not with its power. 23 “And in the latter time of their kingdom, When the transgressors have reached their fullness, A king shall arise, Having fierce features,

Please note carefully, in the latter time of THEIR Kingdom. What does this mean? It is in the later time of the GRECIAN Kingdom, the time of Antiochus Epiphanies. We all know or should know that he became a TYPE of the Beast in Revelation, for he did the first abomination, killing a pig on the alter and then setting up an image of Zeus in the Holy place.

Now let's go back to the vision:

8 Therefore the male goat grew very great; but when he became strong, the large horn was broken, and in place of it four notable ones came up toward the four winds of heaven. 9 And out of one of them came a little horn which grew exceedingly great toward the south, toward the east, and toward the Glorious Land.

This little horn is to represent Antiochus Epiphanes. .

10 And it grew up to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and some of the stars to the ground, and trampled them. 11 He even exalted himself as high as the Prince of the host; and by him the daily sacrifices were taken away, and the place of His sanctuary was cast down. 12 Because of transgression, an army was given over to the horn to oppose the daily sacrifices; and he cast truth down to the ground. He did all this and prospered.
13 Then I heard a holy one speaking; and another holy one said to that certain one who was speaking, “How long will the vision be, concerning the daily sacrifices and the transgression of desolation, the giving of both the sanctuary and the host to be trampled underfoot?”
14 And he said to me, “For two thousand three hundred days;[a] then the sanctuary shall be cleansed.”

So this time frame given was the time it took to cleanse the temple AFTER Antiochus defiled it. It has no reference or bearing at all on the future, that I can see. Will it take this same time period to cleanse the temple after the Beast has defiled it? I don't even know if the temple will survive the fire and earthquakes! Jesus will probably have to build a new temple, perhaps the one in Ezekiel?

Therefore trying to fit 2300 days into the 70th week is futile. It simply does not fit. God has it written over and over that the week will be 1260 days - 1260 days. That is written in His word and will NEVER be changed. However, Daniel tells us there is an event that happens 30 days after the last 1260 days or 30 days after the week ends.

Lamad

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks, but I don't handle the OT directly when the NT interps it. Mt 24 & //s tell us that, quoting or alluding to Daniel 3 times. People have completely underestimated the scale of the crisis in Judea in the 1st century. Jesus is clear: it is about that generation and location. (Part of the underestimating is by thinking that 'ges' means the whole world instead of the land of Israel and neighbors).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Codger

Oct 23, 2003
N. E. Ohio
✟1,926.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry fellow writers, but if the original premise is misunderstood, how can anything after be correct? What is the first mention of the 2300 days, and what was the context? What was the intent of the author for that passage?

Therefore trying to fit 2300 days into the 70th week is futile. It simply does not fit. God has it written over and over that the week will be 1260 days - 1260 days. That is written in His word and will NEVER be changed. However, Daniel tells us there is an event that happens 30 days after the last 1260 days or 30 days after the week ends.

Lamad

What is the number 2,300? Look at the scripture...
Daniel 8:14 (NIV2011)
14 He said to me, “It will take 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the sanctuary will be reconsecrated.”

One evening and one morning is one day. It's like saying after 2,300 sunrises and sunsets then (after this) the sanctuary would be cleansed.

This is probably a count of the daily sacrifice, which was two tamid lambs one on the morning and one at evening (2:30PM) were sacrificed.

Antiochus held the temple for a period of about three years. If you use the Hebrew corrected calendar (354 + 354 + 383) this adds up to 1,091 days. Half of 2,300 is 1,150 days. I don't know how precise these numbers were meant to be; and I don't know how accurate the starting time and ending time was.

After the 2,300 mornings plus evenings they set about cleansing the temple. Josephus indicates that this took about six months. So the daily sacrifice was out of operation for 3 1/2 years. The angel told Daniel that it would take 3 1/2 years for the destruction of Israel. When Daniel pressed him further, he said the actual number was 1,335 days. 3 1/2 years is 1,260 days not 1,335. A 75 day difference.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Codger said in post 31:

I know it's a bit confusing but Eleazar Ben Simon was the one who first took over the temple (AofD) before the coming of the army of Agrippa II and later Cestius and the12th legion. So he was the Historical revealed "man of sin."

Note that no man has ever sat in the Jewish temple and proclaimed himself God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36,31, cf. Matthew 24:15), just as no man has ever fulfilled other detailed references to the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) in Revelation 13:4-18, Revelation 16:2-16, Revelation 19:19-21, and 2 Thessalonians 2:8-9. All these prophecies have yet to be fulfilled. Any mistaken teaching which claims that the Antichrist has already come and gone could be employed in the future by the real Antichrist to fool some Christians into thinking that he isn't the Antichrist.

The Antichrist will fulfill 2 Thessalonians 2:4 when he by force takes control of a third Jewish temple in Jerusalem, stops the daily Mosaic animal sacrifices (which the ultra-Orthodox Jews will have been offering in front of it), and then has the abomination of desolation (possibly a standing, android image of the Antichrist) set up in the holy place (the inner sanctum) of the temple (Daniel 11:31,36, Matthew 24:15).

The Antichrist could make quite a show of his sitting himself in the Jewish temple and declaring himself God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36,31). He could even make a television and internet broadcast of it which will be seen live by the world (so that the "ye" in Matthew 24:15 could include people all around the world). He could be shown entering the temple's most holy place in magnificent golden robes. He could then step up to the Ark of the Covenant (which could have been discovered, and placed in the temple by the Jews), and lift the Mercy Seat off of the Ark, showing the Ark to be empty. He could then look into the camera and say: "Where is YHWH? He is not here! He is a distant fraud! His power on this earth is as hollow as this empty Ark!" (The Antichrist will utterly revile YHWH: Revelation 13:6, Daniel 11:36.)

Then the Antichrist could raise the Mercy Seat high above his head only to suddenly smash it down violently to the ground, breaking it into pieces. The piped-in sound of crowds roaring with approval could then be heard in the background. Then the Antichrist could place his hands on the Ark and stare into the camera: "WE can do better than this". He could then knock over the Ark and stamp it with his foot, bashing in its side. Two of the Antichrist's followers in robes could then quickly come in and clear away the rubble of the Mercy Seat and the Ark, while four more men in robes carry into the temple's most holy place a magnificent golden throne and place it right where the Ark had been before. All the men could then bow down and motion with their arms for the Antichrist to sit on the throne. He could then grandly take his seat upon it.

Glorious symphonic music could then swell as the sound of crowds roaring with approval increases. Then the Antichrist's False Prophet (Revelation 19:20) (who could be an apostate pope) could enter the temple's most holy place and approach the Antichrist carrying a majestic golden crown encrusted with large diamonds and all kinds of precious stones. The Antichrist could take the crown from the pope's hands, and as the Antichrist is placing the crown on his own head, a camera could zoom in on his face as he says: "I AM THAT I AM. I AM YOUR GOD. Worship me, all ye nations of the earth!"

(cf. Revelation 13:8, Daniel 11:36; 2 Thessalonians 2:4)

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Interplanner said in post 35:

Thanks, but I don't handle the OT directly when the NT interps it. Mt 24 & //s tell us that, quoting or alluding to Daniel 3 times. People have completely underestimated the scale of the crisis in Judea in the 1st century. Jesus is clear: it is about that generation and location.

Matthew 24:34 refers to the fulfillment of "all these things", all the events of the tribulation and Jesus' 2nd coming and the gathering together (rapture) of the church "immediately after" the tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31; cf. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, Revelation 19:2 to 20:6), which events Jesus had just finished describing in Matthew 24:2-31, and which he would later show in great detail in Revelation chapters 6 to 19. Matthew 24:34 didn't mean that the tribulation, 2nd coming, and rapture would be fulfilled during the temporal generation alive at the time of Jesus' first coming, for none of those things was fulfilled during that temporal generation.

Instead, Matthew 24:34 could mean that the temporal generation which would see the 1948 AD reestablishment of Israel, which could be symbolized by the rebudding of the fig tree (Matthew 24:32-34, Hosea 9:10, Joel 1:6-7, Luke 13:6-9, Matthew 21:19,43), won't pass, i.e. won't die off completely, until the future tribulation and 2nd coming of Matthew 24 and Revelation chapters 6 to 19 are fulfilled. A temporal generation may not pass until 70 or 80 years (Psalms 90:10), or 120 years (Genesis 6:3).

This doesn't require that the 2nd coming will occur right before, like one year before, that generation will pass: i.e. 69, or 79, or 119 years after 1948: in 2017, 2027, or 2067. And if the tribulation which will immediately precede the 2nd coming and rapture (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6) will last 7 years (Daniel 9:27), the tribulation's first year didn't have to be in 2011, and won't have to be in 2021, or 2061, but could be in a future year (e.g. 2020) earlier than 2021.

Matthew 24:34 could also include the meaning that the figurative, all-times generation of the elect (Matthew 24:22, Luke 16:8b, Colossians 3:12; 1 Thessalonians 1:4) won't pass away from the earth during the future tribulation of Matthew 24 and Revelation chapters 6 to 18, but that some of the elect will survive (Matthew 24:22) until Jesus' 2nd coming (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; 1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-53) "immediately after" the tribulation of Matthew 24 and Revelation chapters 6 to 18 (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6).

-

The rebudding of the fig tree (Matthew 24:32) can refer to the 1948 reestablishment of Israel, just as Jesus' cursing of the fig tree (Matthew 21:19) was symbolic of his curse on unbelieving, Old Covenant Israel (Matthew 21:43). The Israel that was reestablished in 1948 is the same Old Covenant Israel that Jesus cursed at his first coming, for it still rejects Jesus and still considers itself to be under the Old Covenant. This Israel merely "putting forth leaves" again (Matthew 24:32) in 1948 was nothing more than a restoration to what the fig tree in Matthew 21:19,43 had been before it was cursed forever by Jesus and then destroyed in 70 AD: a tree with leaves, but without any fruit. And the unbelieving, Old Covenant Israel that was reestablished in 1948 may never bear fruit, for it could be destroyed before Jesus' 2nd coming, during a future war, by a Baathist army, just as it had been destroyed in 70 AD by a Roman army.

Interplanner said in post 35:

(Part of the underestimating is by thinking that 'ges' means the whole world instead of the land of Israel and neighbors).

The original Greek word translated as "earth" (ge, G1093) often refers to the planet in both the Gospels and Revelation (Matthew 5:18, Matthew 6:10, Matthew 6:19, Matthew 9:6, Matthew 10:34, Matthew 11:25, Matthew 12:40, Matthew 12:42, Matthew 16:19, Matthew 17:25, Matthew 18:18, Matthew 18:19, Matthew 23:9, Matthew 24:30, Matthew 24:35, Matthew 28:18, Mark 2:10, Mark 4:28, Mark 4:31, Mark 13:27, Mark 13:31, Luke 2:14, Luke 5:24, Luke 6:49, Luke 10:21, Luke 11:2, Luke 11:31, Luke 12:49, Luke 12:51, Luke 12:56, Luke 16:17, Luke 18:8, Luke 21:25, Luke 21:33, Luke 21:35, John 3:31, John 12:32, John 17:4, Revelation 1:7, Revelation 5:3, Revelation 5:6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 5:13, Revelation 6:4, Revelation 6:10, Revelation 6:15, Revelation 7:1, Revelation 7:2, Revelation 7:3, Revelation 8:13, Revelation 9:3, Revelation 9:4, Revelation 10:6, Revelation 11:4, Revelation 11:6, Revelation 11:10, Revelation 11:18, Revelation 12:12, Revelation 13:3 (world), Revelation 13:8, Revelation 13:12, Revelation 13:14, Revelation 14:3, Revelation 14:6, Revelation 14:7, Revelation 14:15, Revelation 14:16, Revelation 16:1, Revelation 16:2, Revelation 16:18, Revelation 17:2, Revelation 17:5, Revelation 17:8, Revelation 17:18, Revelation 18:3, Revelation 18:9, Revelation 18:11, Revelation 18:23, Revelation 18:24, Revelation 19:2, Revelation 19:19, Revelation 20:8).

How many of these verses do you believe must be restricted to only the land of Israel, and why?

Last edited:
Upvote 0