Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dear Fundy: Question #14=

What prevails, sin or grace?

Fundy responds

"I will answer question 14. Sin prevails unless grace is applied; grace can only be applied where there is repentance, faith, and belief. Not all men are willing to or will repent. "Unless ye repent, ye shall likewise perish."

The KJV declares

21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord."

Fundy Test score to date=

ZERO (0)

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Friends: I am sorry to report the answers to the 14 questions presented above have stopped. The test results on the three questions answered were dismal, with a capital "D"!

Search "endless annihilation"=

There are no concordance results for "endless" AND "annihilation" in the KJV.

Please modify your search query & try again

Search= Eternal Torment=

"Your search query for 'eternal torment' did not return any results. Please modify your search query and try again."

Search= Eternal Separation=

"Your search query for 'eternal separation' did not return any results. Please modify your search query and try again."

Search= Eternal Hell=

"Your search query for 'eternal hell' did not return any results. Please modify your search query and try again."

Search= Everlasting Hell=

"Your search query for 'everlasting hell' did not return any results. Please modify your search query and try again."

Search= Everlasting death=

"Your search query for 'everlasting death' did not return any results. Please modify your search query and try again."

Search= Eternal death=

"Your search query for 'eternal death' did not return any results. Please modify your search query and try again."

Search= Everlasting Punishment =

1 entry found Matt. 25.46

Search= Everlasting Destruction=

1 entry found 2 Thess 1.9

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Continued from post # 1438

Friends: F.L has been engaged on another thread with a fundagelical who also is a KJV ONLY believer. Of course, his favorite & only translation worth the time= you guessed it!

The 14 questions based only on the KJV record have been presented. To date he has responded to 3 of the 14. The responses=

His answers=

Test question #11=

The KJV answer=

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Fundy's answer=

"I will answer question eleven. The amount that are made righteous is as many as that receive his sacrifice and believe on him. We are also told that not all men will receive that sacrifice in faith and belief. These are termed "wicked" and we are told they shall be destroyed body and soul in hell."

Fundys Test results= ZERO

Question #7=

7. To how many does the grace of God abound?

The KJV answer =

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Fundy's answer=

"I will answer question seven. The grace of God abounds to as many will receive his sacrifice and believe on him. We are already told what the end result is of man that will not believe on him, and told that this is our default condition."

Answer= incorrect!

Fundys Test results= ZERO (0)

Questions answered= 11

Questions asked= 14

Answers incorrect= 3
1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
I looked up the word #2097 and found that it is used in only 11 verses of the Gospels out of the 52
verses it is used in.

YLT}
1 Timothy 1:16
but because of this I found kindness, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all long-suffering, for a pattern of those about to believe on Him to Life age-during<166>

Revelation 14:6
And I saw another messenger flying in mid-heaven, having good-news/evangel <2098> age-during<166> to evangelize<2097> to those dwelling upon the earth, and to every nation, and tribe, and tongue, and people.

#2097 1 verse in Matthew and 10 in Luke.

Mathew 11:4
4 And Jesus answering said to them, 'Having gone, declare to John the things that ye hear and see,
5 blind receive sight, and lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and deaf hear, dead are raised, and poor have good-news/evangel<2098> evangelized<2097>,

Luke 4:18
'The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, Because He did anoint Me; To evangelize<2097> evangel/good-news<2098> to the poor, Sent me to heal the broken of heart, To herald/proclaim<2784> to captives deliverance, And to blind receiving of sight, To send away the bruised with deliverance,

Genesis 1:1 (YLT)
which occurs 61 times in 52 verses

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I looked up the word #2097 and found that it is used in only 11 verses of the Gospels out of the 52
verses it is used in.

YLT}
1 Timothy 1:16
but because of this I found kindness, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all long-suffering, for a pattern of those about to believe on Him to Life age-during<166>

And I saw another messenger flying in mid-heaven, having good-news/evangel <2098> age-during<166> to evangelize<2097> to those dwelling upon the earth, and to every nation, and tribe, and tongue, and people.

#2097 1 verse in Matthew and 10 in Luke.

Mathew 11:4
4 And Jesus answering said to them, 'Having gone, declare to John the things that ye hear and see,
5 blind receive sight, and lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and deaf hear, dead are raised, and poor have good-news/evangel<2098> evangelized<2097>,

Luke 4:18
'The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, Because He did anoint Me; To evangelize<2097> evangel/good-news<2098> to the poor, Sent me to heal the broken of heart, To herald/proclaim<2784> to captives deliverance, And to blind receiving of sight, To send away the bruised with deliverance,

Genesis 1:1 (YLT)
which occurs 61 times in 52 verses

Dear Little Lamb: The Lord of Glory has a wonderful plan indeed! The Evangel is the message announced by the angels 2000 years ago of "good news which shall be to ALL people".

That glorious proclamation rings loud and clear: deliverance! He sends the bruised and broken and blind away with deliverance! Methinks this is the most wonderful news for we who behold nasty news on a daily basis>>>

"The whole of created life shall be delivered/set free/ emancipated..."

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"That sin disturbed relations with God in everything and everyone, but the extent of the disturbance was not clear until God spelled it out in detail to Moses. So death, this huge abyss separating us from God, dominated the landscape from Adam to Moses. Even those who didn't sin precisely as Adam did by disobeying a specific command of God still had to experience this termination of life, this separation from God. But Adam, who got us into this, also points ahead to the One who will get us out of it.

Yet the rescuing gift is not exactly parallel to the death-dealing sin. If one man's sin put crowds of people at the dead-end abyss of separation from God, just think what God's gift poured through one man, Jesus Christ, will do!
There's no comparison between that death-dealing sin and this generous, life-giving gift. The verdict on that one sin was the death sentence; the verdict on the many sins that followed was this wonderful life sentence. If death got the upper hand through one man's wrongdoing, can you imagine the breathtaking recovery life makes, sovereign life, in those who grasp with both hands this wildly extravagant life-gift, this grand setting-everything-right, that the one man Jesus Christ provides?

Here it is in a nutshell: Just as one person did it wrong and got us in all this trouble with sin and death, another person did it right and got us out of it. But more than just getting us out of trouble, he got us into life!
One man said no to God and put many people in the wrong; one man said yes to God and put many in the right.

All that passing laws against sin did was produce more lawbreakers. But sin didn't, and doesn't, have a chance in competition with the aggressive forgiveness we call grace. When it's sin versus grace, grace wins hands down. All sin can do is threaten us with death, and that's the end of it. Grace, because God is putting everything together again through the Messiah, invites us into life - a life that goes on and on and on, world without end." -The Message-

Questions=

1. Relations with God were disturbed by who?

2. What dominated the landscape of this huge abyss of disturbance?

3. The one who got us into this points ahead to another One, who will get us out of this.

4. Is the rescuing gift of the One, comparable to the wrong doing of the other one?

5. Is the recovery of the One, comparable with the other one?

6. What does breath taking recovery mean?

7. What does wildly extravagant life-gift mean?

8. Sin versus grace: which prevails?

9. Prevails by how much?

Never ever limit the One who does exceedingly abundantly above all we can ask or think!

Wildly=

Definition of WILD

Extravagant=

Definition of EXTRAVAGANT

Breathtaking=

Definition of BREATHTAKING

Recovery=

Definition of RECOVERY

Prevails=

Definition of PREVAILS

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Quote Originally Posted by nikolai_42

"I would say I am at least close to the Calvinist mindset on this topic. And I would disagree with this logic (whoever wrote it). Just because God can do something, doesn't mean He will. So just because God can save everyone, it doesn't follow that everyone will be saved."

Dear Nikolai: This is what the Apostle Paul declares is commanded & to be taught>>>

"God is [the] Saviour of all mankind, especially those who believe/ trust in Him. Command this & teach this"

You will note:

1. Especially is not the koine monos or monon.

2. The koine for "especially" is malista.

3. God is NOT a potential Saviour. He IS Saviour.

4. The elect= the especially.

5. God IS Saviour of the especially & all mankind.

"God is [the] Saviour of all mankind, especially those who believe. Command this & teach this."

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I looked up the word #2097 and found that it is used in only 11 verses of the Gospels out of the 52 verses it is used in. {YLT} 1 Timothy 1:16

I don,t know why you posted <2098> age-during<166> to evangelize<2097>. I quoted 1 Timothy 1:16 to show you must first believe on Christ before you can obtain to life everlasting: "Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. "

G4100 πιστεύω From G4102; to have faith
(in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), that is, credit; by implication to entrust (especially one’s spiritual well being to Christ): - believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.
G4102 πίστις From G3982; persuasion, that is, credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher), especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; abstractly constancy in such profession; by extension the system of religious (Gospel) truth itself: - assurance, belief, believe, faith, fidelity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Questions=

1. As we are required to love our enemies, may we not safely infer that God loves His enemies? (Matt. 5:44)

2.If God loves His enemies, will He punish them more than will be for their good?

3. Would endless punishment be for the good of any being?

4. As God loves His friends, if He loves His enemies also, are not all mankind the objects of His love?

5. If God loves those only who love Him, what better is He than the sinner? (Luke 6:32-33)

6. As "love thinketh no evil," can God design the ultimate evil of a single soul? (1 Cor. 13:5)

7. As "love worketh no ill," can God inflict, or cause, or allow to be inflicted, an endless ill? (Rom. 13:10)

8. As we are forbidden to be overcome by evil, can we safely suppose that God will be overcome by evil? (Rom. 12:21)

9. Would not the infliction of endless punishment prove that God HAD been overcome by evil?

10. If man does wrong in returning evil for evil, would not God do wrong if He was to do the same?

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Quote Originally Posted by nikolai_42

"I would say I am at least close to the Calvinist mindset on this topic. And I would disagree with this logic (whoever wrote it). Just because God can do something, doesn't mean He will. So just because God can save everyone, it doesn't follow that everyone will be saved."

Dear Nikolai: This is what the Apostle Paul declares is commanded & to be taught>>>

"God is [the] Saviour of all mankind, especially those who believe/ trust in Him. Command this & teach this"

You will note:

1. Especially is not the koine monos or monon.

2. The koine for "especially" is malista.

3. God is NOT a potential Saviour. He IS Saviour.

4. The elect= the especially.

5. God IS Saviour of the especially & all mankind.

"God is [the] Saviour of all mankind, especially those who believe. Command this & teach this."
Questions=

1. As we are required to love our enemies, may we not safely infer that God loves His enemies? (Matt. 5:44)
James 4:4  Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Get your quotes correct:

1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
G3122 malista specially Neuter plural of the superlative of an apparently primary adverb μάλα mala (very); (adverb) most (in the greatest degree) or particularly: - chiefly, most of all, (e-) specially.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Second Death & The Restitution Of All Things

The Restitution of All Things

Who Is Andrew Jukes?

Andrew Jukes (theologian) - Wikipedia

Christ Triumphant by Thomas Allin

Thomas Allin: Christ Triumphant

Who is Thomas Allin?

Thomas Allin (1838-1909) was an Anglican priest from Ireland, best known for his defense of Christian universalism.

Christ Triumphant

Christ Triumphant by Thomas Allin

Contents=

Preface

Chapter I -- The Question Stated

Chapter II -- The Popular Creed Wholly Untenable

Chapter III -- The Popular Creed Wholly Untenable (continued)

Chapter IV -- What the Church Teaches

Chapter V -- What the Church Teaches (continued)

Chapter VI -- Universalism and Creation

Chapter VII -- What the Old Testament Teaches

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Get your quotes correct:
1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
G3122 malista specially Neuter plural of the superlative of an apparently primary adverb μάλα mala (very); (adverb) most (in the greatest degree) or particularly: - chiefly, most of all, (e-) specially.

Dear he-man: the message is clear! The Saviour of all mankind saves to the farthest edge. He is the Saviour of all mankind & He is the Saviour to the highest degree of those who trust in Him/ who believe.

Compare Translations

1 Timothy 4:10 - That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The restitution of all things began with the bruising of the head of the serpent in Genesis & progressed non stop through the law, the Psalms & the prophets! These proclaim "ALL kindreds of the nations shall come", "ALL flesh shall come" & "ALL the earth shall worship You"! It is little wonder the man after God's own heart proclaims "be joyful ALL ye lands" & further declares "You shall inherit ALL nations."

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of ALL things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of ALL his holy prophets since the world began" (Acts 3:19-21).

"Comfort, oh comfort my people," says your God. "Speak softly and tenderly to Jerusalem, but also make it very clear That she has served her sentence, that her sin is taken care of - forgiven! She's been punished enough and more than enough, and now it's over and done with." Thunder in the desert! "Prepare for God's arrival! Make the road straight and smooth, a highway fit for our God. Fill in the valleys, level off the hills, Smooth out the ruts, clear out the rocks. Then God's bright glory will shine and EVERYONE will see it. Yes. Just as God has said." -The Message_

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The day cometh that shall bum as an oven. Fire is one of the most familiar figures of the Divine working. It is one of the forces which man most dreads when it gets beyond control. And it is the force on which man most relies for the purifying of the good and the destruction of the evil. The fire of the oven is fire at its intensest. A hole is dug in the ground, a fire of stubble is kindled in it; by this time a large stone is heated, and on the stone the bread can be baked. Malachi has already dealt with the refining power of the fire of God. That which is good is freed and cleansed and improved by means of it. The prophet does not see the whole of the features of the day of God; only those which are directly related to the condition and needs of the people in his day. Every prophet is one-sided; and we must learn from all if we would apprehend the whole of truth, even concerning the Divine fire. Malachi had to adapt his teachings to some who were sincere but mistaken. To them the Divine fire is disciplinary. "He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver." But he had also to adapt his teachings to some who were wilfully and persistently wrong. To them the Divine fire is, In some sense, destructive consuming. "The proud shall be stubble, and the day that cometh shall burn them up." There are two things characteristic of the Divine fire, which are suggested by the double figure of refining and consuming.

The Divine Fire

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Dear he-man: the message is clear! The Saviour of all mankind saves to the farthest edge. He is the Saviour of all mankind & He is the Saviour to the highest degree of those who trust in Him/ who believe.

Compare Translations

1 Timothy 4:10 - That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.
(ISV)  To this end we work hard and struggle, because we have set our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, that is, of those who believe.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The day cometh that shall bum as an oven. Fire is one of the most familiar figures of the Divine working. It is one of the forces which man most dreads when it gets beyond control. And it is the force on which man most relies for the purifying of the good and the destruction of the evil. The fire of the oven is fire at its intensest. A hole is dug in the ground, a fire of stubble is kindled in it; by this time a large stone is heated, and on the stone the bread can be baked. Malachi has already dealt with the refining power of the fire of God. That which is good is freed and cleansed and improved by means of it. The prophet does not see the whole of the features of the day of God; only those which are directly related to the condition and needs of the people in his day. Every prophet is one-sided; and we must learn from all if we would apprehend the whole of truth, even concerning the Divine fire. Malachi had to adapt his teachings to some who were sincere but mistaken. To them the Divine fire is disciplinary. "He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver." But he had also to adapt his teachings to some who were wilfully and persistently wrong. To them the Divine fire is, In some sense, destructive consuming. "The proud shall be stubble, and the day that cometh shall burn them up." There are two things characteristic of the Divine fire, which are suggested by the double figure of refining and consuming.

The Divine Fire

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
(ISV)  To this end we work hard and struggle, because we have set our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, that is, of those who believe.

Dear he-man: my boy, you have attempted to change the koine which is a no no!

"God is Saviour of all men"

BUT

He is the Saviour of "especially those who believe/trust in Him."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.