Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
“Then God said, ‘Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness’” -- (Genesis 1:26).

Christ, the Word of God, took on the nature of Man through His incarnation.

The nature of Man is now united in the nature of God through the “bride” of Christ.

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness...so that through them you may participate in the divine nature" -- (2 Peter 1:3-4).

We participate in the divine nature of God through the Man that is in Christ and through the Holy Spirit that is in Man. Through Christ and the Holy Spirit, the Oneness of God now includes the nature of Man.

Therefore, God, as One divine being, is now Father, Son, Holy Spirit and Man.

A Quadrinity, and not a Trinity.

"Those who will believe in Me...that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us...And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me" -- (John 17:20-23).

Last edited:

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There really is no limit to the manifestations of God. Was He not a burning bush, a cloud by day and pillar of fire by night? I have sort of backed away from most common teachings and just see something more like a binity... a Spirit and an aspect of Himself that can interact with or manifest itself within the physical realm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bloodbought09

Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
united states
✟10,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus Christ was fully God and man, quite a mystery. But this new revelation and made up definition of God being 4 persons is in my opinion going too far. There are three who bear witness in heaven, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are 1. To lump in man and to say these 4 are 1 cannot be held up by scripture. God bless you doveaman, but in my opinion this thread falls on it's face from the onset.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus Christ was fully God and man, quite a mystery. But this new revelation and made up definition of God being 4 persons is in my opinion going too far.
Don't forget this:

Revelation 4:5 Out from the throne come flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder. And there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God;

God is One, God is Three, God is Seven; and maybe at some future date when time and history are all wrapped up, God may become Four. Maybe. But not now.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mankind, once it is all over, will have been in excess of 14 billion beings,
And yet we the redeemed - that great crowd [myriads of myriads in Rev 5.11] no one could number - all become ONE BRIDE.

Upvote 0

bloodbought09

Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
united states
✟10,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some of those 7 spirits of God are:

Spirit of prophecy.
Spirit of the fear of the Lord.
Spirit of wisdom.
Spirit of truth.
Spirit of holiness.

A more worthy and inspiring study.

Agreed, we are 1 bride but God is 1 in 3 persons for the bible says:

1 John 5:7 KJV

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

The bible does not say that these 4 or 7 are one. You are comparing apples to oranges.

• Agree
Reactions: smithed64
Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Therefore, God, as One divine being, is now Father, Son, Holy Spirit and Man.

You have a couple premises in support of an argument. But I'm not sure that it is the case that there are now four persons in the trinity.

Now historically there have been strange notions about Christology. But by the 5th century most of the heresies were completely eliminated (see christological formulas in the council at Ephesus (431) and Chalcedon (451))

Jesus' two natures, human and divine, are inseparable. Jesus will forever be the God-man, fully God and fully human, two distinct natures in one Person.(Cyril and Theodore of Mopsuestia are most helpful here).

I don't recall there being a claim of multiple persons.

Remember if we start to say the trinity is defined as multiple natures we have equivocated the definition.

Trinity has always been a being (one God) who has three distinct persons, or centers of consciousnesses or minds.

We are a being composed of one person, with one center of consciousness or mind

So by missing the definition of Trinity (fallacy of equivocation),

And being unfamiliar with the creedal formulas,

And of church history,

You have been able to produce what may technically be a new heresy.

Just kidding.

Review the thinking behind Homoiousios: The belief that Jesus and God the Father were similar but not the same substance and
Homoousios, the view that they were the same substance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus Christ was fully God and man, quite a mystery. But this new revelation and made up definition of God being 4 persons is in my opinion going too far. There are three who bear witness in heaven, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are 1. To lump in man and to say these 4 are 1 cannot be held up by scripture. God bless you doveaman, but in my opinion this thread falls on it's face from the onset.
I think not.

"For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one." -- (1 John 5:7-8).

The three that bear witness on earth is the Man, Jesus Christ, who was confirmed by the Spirit, baptized by water, and died by the shedding of His blood.

In other words, there are four witnesses of God -- the three who eternally existed in heaven and the one who came to earth as a Man.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This is Mormonism.
Could be. Although they don't consider themselves Trinitarian. Father actually has a mother. Jesus was arch angel Michael in Mormonism.

But in Mormonism Jesus is the first to become a god. And then all who make it to the celestial kingdom will become gods.

At least that's what I recall.

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mankind, once it is all over, will have been in excess of 14 billion beings, only one of them has ever had any honest claim to Godhood, that being Jesus. I think you math is more than a bit off.
The Manhood of Jesus, the second Adam, has been accepted into the Godhood on the behalf of all Men.

"As is the Man from heaven, so also are those who are heavenly. And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the Man from heaven." -- (1 Cor 15:48-49).

Upvote 0

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Could be. Although they don't consider themselves Trinitarian. Father actually has a mother. Jesus was arch angel Michael in Mormonism.

But in Mormonism Jesus is the first to become a god. And then all who make it to the celestial kingdom will become gods.

At least that's what I recall.

Yeah, I think your right

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There really is no limit to the manifestations of God. Was He not a burning bush, a cloud by day and pillar of fire by night? I have sort of backed away from most common teachings and just see something more like a binity... a Spirit and an aspect of Himself that can interact with or manifest itself within the physical realm.
God did not manifest Himself as a burning bush or a cloud. God was within the burning bush and cloud.

"There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush." -- (Exodus 3:2).

"By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud" -- (Exodus 13:21).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Unfortunately Bible doesn’t say that.
So you may have to build your argument out a little further. Think about the claims I'm making and which ones you think are false.

State my claim quoting in context, and give evidence and argument for why you think your alternative is a better abductive argument.

These five-second flybys aren't worth much intellectually speaking.

This isn't twitter for heavens sake. If indeed we are Christian then that does mean something.

By the way the scriptures don't say "Jesus has all the essential attributes of God and all then essential attributes of man," in so many words, but the church has taught that since 431 at least. Is that also in the "Unfortunately, the Bible doesn't say that," category on your view?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Just wanted to make a point, "and these three are one" is suspected to have been a later addition and not part of the original Gospel, and the Doctrine of of the Trinity wasn't fully established until around 300 years later.

Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Manhood of Jesus, the second Adam, has been accepted into the Godhood on the behalf of all Men.

"As is the Man from heaven, so also are those who are heavenly. And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the Man from heaven." -- (1 Cor 15:48-49).
That is understood, but that does not make all men "God".
Regardless of how you want to phrase it, the Trinitarian view is the correct one.
That is the creed that was established by the Church Fathers in the beginning, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
One God, with 3 Persons of same substance.
I am a created being, I will never be God. The 3 Persons of the Trinity are NOT created beings.
I'm not sure what you wish to accomplish by confusing the issue or wandering off into heresy.

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And yet we the redeemed - that great crowd [myriads of myriads in Rev 5.11] no one could number - all become ONE BRIDE.
Yup. :oldthumbsup:

And the ONE BRIDE is now ONE with the ONE DIVINE BRIDEGROOM.

"For it is said, 'The two will become one flesh.' But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with Him in spirit." -- (1 Cor 6:16-17).

Upvote 0