Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

So you don't think that quoting people with the intent of calling them out and being argumentative and disrespectful is a misuse of the quote feature?

I thought the quote feature was available to more easily facilitate discussion.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So you think that calling someone unintelligent for example is open to interpretation and perception?

On some topics, people are simply ignorant in regards to knowledge and therefore, unintelligent in regards to that topic.

We are all ignorant to some topics, but when someone talks about a topic they lack knowledge in, it is common for them to get very defensive, when they are challenged by someone with more knowledge on ths topic.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So you don't think that quoting people with the intent of calling them out and being argumentative and disrespectful is a misuse of the quote feature?

I thought the quote feature was available to more easily facilitate discussion.

No i dont.

Because everyone should be held accountable for what they write or say.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
On some topics, people are simply ignorant in regards to knowledge and therefore, unintelligent in regards to that topic.

We are all ignorant to some topics, but when someone talks about a topic they lack knowledge in, it is common for them to get very defensive, when they are challenged by someone with more knowledge on ths topic.

While it may be true that we are not all equal in our knowledge of various topics, that does not mean we need to call someone who knows less about a particular subject "unintelligent."

And actually, when a person who really does know more about a particular subject decides to call a person who knows less about it, "unintelligent", they will most certianly get the opposite result of what they want. The person who has been labeled unintelligent is not very likely to listen to anything else the person who insulted them has to say, even though they may actually be otherwise presenting great points.

Resorting to personal attacks and insults seriously undermines the attacker's credibility.

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,029.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The Bible is a combination of different literary styles.

Ah, you are avoiding the original question.

Since you're not answering, I'm assuming you do believe that they are committing blasphemy.

The problem with the accusation of blasphemy is that there's always another Christian that will accuse you of it while you're accusing someone else. I don't think there's an upper limit on the "holier than thou" chart.

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You didnt really answer his question. He asked if you felt there were any stories in the bible that were not literally true.

Actually I did answer it. The Bible is a combination of different literary styles. It is not made up entirely of literal accounts. However the Bible in its entirety is true and the word of God.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ah, you are avoiding the original question.

Since you're not answering, I'm assuming you do believe that they are committing blasphemy.

The problem with the accusation of blasphemy is that there's always another Christian that will accuse you of it while you're accusing someone else. I don't think there's an upper limit on the "holier than thou" chart.

Now there's a presumption. I don't believe I'm "holier" than anybody.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,004,874.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

ON!

Thread closed permanently!
Flaming and Goading
Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
Do not personally attack other members or groups of members on CF. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.
NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, or smileys clearly meant to goad.
Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.
If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.

OFF!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.