Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What I do or don't believe about other religions is irrelevant here. This is a Christian forum and as such it is not acceptable to call Christianity, the Bible, Jesus etc. a fairytale here.

However, I would never resort to insulting people of other faiths by telling them their beliefs are fairytales. And I have not once gone onto other forums that are dedicated to faiths different from my own just to attack people there and deride their religion. Nor have I done such things in person.

Honestly, what is the point in behaving that way? Do people who do such things really think they sound credible? All I hear is anger and hatred, and I am not at all inclined to consider such attacks as having any merit whatsoever. If someone really and truly believes that another person's religion is a fairytale, why do they think it is then a good idea to attack that person and their faith? If that is all they want to do, they would be much better off keeping their opinions and caustic remarks to themselves.

IMO,

You have very delicate perceptions of any disagrement with your faith belief.

Just my opinion.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I see no issue with calling people out directly for breaking forum rules. Why would there be a problem with that?

But is is ok, to indirectly accuse of breaking forum rules and not back it up?

I see a major issue with calling people out. It will likely do nothing but start further arguments. I do report specific posts, and I will continue to do so.

One would hardly think that something that happens so prevalently on this forum would need to be "backed up." Even in the last few pages of this thread such comments have been made. Anyone who wishes to see the evidence does not have far to look.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Once again, I was not referring to disagreement with my posts. I was not even speaking of myself in particular. I was talking about forum violations due to blasphemy and mockery of the Christian faith, the Bible and God.
Maybe an example would help here? I haven't seen much "mockery" or blasphemy here at CF?

However, it does seem that many here cannot disagree without being disrespectful.
I completely agree. After all, isn't the point of discussion to truly understand their perspective, and point out inconsistencies?
Surely we're all old enough to disagree without resorting to flaming and personal insults?
I've noticed this too. Unfortunately, believers all to often take the tack of arrogance and piety when attempting to engage non-believers.
I thought we were anyway.
Most of the time you guys are.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I see a major issue with calling people out. It will likely do nothing but start further arguments. I do report specific posts, and I will continue to do so.

One would hardly think that something that happens so prevalently on this forum would need to be "backed up." Even in the last few pages of this thread such comments have been made. Anyone who wishes to see the evidence does not have far to look.

But is ok to make a general accusation and refuse to support the accusation with specific examples.

Gotcha.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
IMO,

You have very delicate perceptions of any disagrement with your faith belief.

Just my opinion.

Opinion noted.

I see a vast difference between disagreeing with someone's faith and beliefs and insulting that person because you disagree with them. One does not need to lead to the other, and yet it all too often does.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Everyone doesnt perceive the evidence through your lens and hence, the reason for specific examples.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
But is ok to make a general accusation and refuse to support the accusation with specific examples.

Gotcha.

Would you like me to pull quotes from around the forums? I could do so, but I'm pretty sure that such actions are not permissible here. Nor, as I said, is it respectful.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Opinion noted.

I see a vast difference between disagreeing with someone's faith and beliefs and insulting that person because you disagree with them. One does not need to lead to the other, and yet it all too often does.

You keep throughing out 'insults'. With no specific examples, it is meaningless.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Everyone doesnt perceive the evidence through your lens and hence, the reason for specific examples.

Flamining, goading and mockery are pretty obvious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Would you like me to pull quotes from around the forums? I could do so, but I'm pretty sure that such actions are not permissible here. Nor, as I said, is it respectful.

Why would you not be able to quote peoples posts? What do you thi k the quote feature does?

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That's not really how I worded the question, but ok.

So you think the Christians I know that would say the Genesis account is a myth are committing blasphemy?

If so, they would disagree with you.

I'm sure they would.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Why would you not be able to quote peoples posts? What do you thi k the quote feature does?

So, just because there is a quote feature means that it's okay to misuse it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You misunderstood. You keep using the word 'insults' stating others are doing so.

Any specific examples?

I have paraphrased what people on these forums have said. Again, I am not going to name names. I am interested in being respectful and trying to have a decent conversation, which is why I have stated that such personal attacks ARE a problem. And that is also why I will report posts when necessary.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Nope.

Completely depends on each persons perception.

So you think that calling someone unintelligent for example is open to interpretation and perception?

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
But do you think they're committing blasphemy? You seem to be avoiding the question.

Do you believe that there are no stories in the Bible that aren't literally true?

The Bible is a combination of different literary styles.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.