Germantown, MD
Visit site
✟40,950.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Cardinal Tarcisio Pietro Evasio Bertone also anagrams to "Reprobate censorial deviation" according to anagramgenius.com

Do you think English is the language of prophecy?

Upvote 0

mishkan

There's room for YOU in the Mishkan!
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2011
Germantown, MD
Visit site
✟40,950.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Iscariot, is a corruption of 'sciarri', His proper name in the bible is Simon the Zealot. The Sciarri were a 'terrorist' group within the sect of zealots. The clues are there, but hidden as they were on the top ten most wanted list of Rome.

Yes, there was a band of political assassins known as "סיקריקים", or "sicarii". Their name derives from their bladed weapons of choice--the "sicae".

Whether either Simon the Zealot or Judah Iscariot were part of that particular group is an interesting theory.

Judah Iscariot is also identified as "ish Keriot"--simply, "Judah from the town of Keriot".

Theories like this always sound less credible when all the alternates are laid out side by side.

Upvote 0

mishkan

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2011
Germantown, MD
Visit site
✟40,950.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wouldn't limit YHWH.

Even if it wasn't YHWH's doing, it could have been purposely motivated by man for reasons unknown.

Yes, and we could have all been planted here by space aliens.

Sometimes, we just have to wear truth and discernment as part of our armor. Focus on that which is truly important, and reject out of hand conspiracy theories for which there is no credible support.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Yes, and we could have all been planted here by space aliens. Sometimes, we just have to wear truth and discernment as part of our armor. Focus on that which is truly important, and reject out of hand conspiracy theories for which there is no credible support.
Do you deny that YHWH can speak in any language He wants to?

Upvote 0

mishkan

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2011
Germantown, MD
Visit site
✟40,950.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Even if it wasn't YHWH's doing, it could have been purposely motivated by man for reasons unknown.

Yes, and we could have all been planted here by space aliens.

Sometimes, we just have to wear truth and discernment as part of our armor. Focus on that which is truly important, and reject out of hand conspiracy theories for which there is no credible support.

Do you deny that YHWH can speak in any language He wants to?

Now you're changing your own premise. Do you see how you can make any argument mean anything you want by tweaking the foundational assumptions as you go? You have to start with a specific statement, and then determine its truth value while using consistent definitions.

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Any ex-Catholics here? Who runs the Vatican or is head of the Catholic church when there is no Pope? Do they have a "second in command", like the vice president of the US, someone to step in for emergencies?

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Now you're changing your own premise. Do you see how you can make any argument mean anything you want by tweaking the foundational assumptions as you go? You have to start with a specific statement, and then determine its truth value while using consistent definitions.
Not at all. My initial statement, which you conveniently failed to quote, was intimately relevant to my last comment:

I wouldn't limit YHWH.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I don’t think there is a Vice Pope, but the former “President” of Vatican City lives near my home in Michigan, Cardinal Edmund Szoka.
So I wonder who makes decisions regarding the church when they are
without a Pope?

Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.