✟494,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The french pope, the last pope

[V.49] Not from Spain but from ancient France will he be elected for the trembling Ship. He will make a promise to the enemy who will cause great plague during his reign.

The new pope has said he chose the name Francis after St Francis of Assisi, but the meaning of the name actually means, "One from France."

Upvote 0

Avodat

Contending for Biblical truth
Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Ignatius of Loyola, founding leader of the Jesuit movement in 1534, who wrote the Formula of the Institutes (the founding document) would be very pleased to know a member has made it to be Pope! Seems he has taken St Francis of Assisi's name (born - Giovanni di Bernardone) as his Papal identification. That will frustrate those who thought it would be a 'Peter'!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
W

WOFFED

the level of interest bemuses me.
Pope-Francis-I-open2-jpg.jpg

Finally a Jesuit :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
Oddly, Jorge Mario Bergoglio, a Jesuit, is the son of Italian parents (making him Roman) and has taken on the name, “Francis”, after Francis of Assisi, whose given name was Giovanni Francesco di Pietro (or Peter) Bernardone. Pretty interesting…

Jorge Mario Bergoglio became a Jesuit in 1958. This is very important, since the Jesuits order was organized "to stop Protestantism from spreading and to preserve communion with Rome and the successor of Peter..." just to name one task the Jesuits focus in on. The Jesuits are very involved in the financial world, the political world, the spy world, religious world, and education world just to name a few areas...I think it is prudent that since we now have a Jesuit Pope that it behooves us to know what the Jesuit order has done, will do, objectives, purpose, methods, key players, and outcomes so far.

Upvote 0

visionary

Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
Upvote 0

visionary

Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟572,538.44
Faith
Messianic
Upvote 0