United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ishtar Sunday?
The date of the conclave's start is important because Holy Week begins March 24, and Easter Sunday is March 31. In order to have a new pope in place for the church's most solemn liturgical period, he would need to be installed by Sunday, March 17, a tight time frame if a conclave were to start on March 15, as previous rules would have required. Pope Changes Conclave Rules, Allows Earlier Start

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟141,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Belly laugh! :D
Glad you reminded me.

Gotta find the red egg dye, even though I'm weeping for Tammuz. Sigh.

We'll be having a big "doin's" down at Nuestra Chica de La Cienaga(Our Chickie of the Swamp) down here in Santa Bingo, NM.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
St. Malachy's Prophecy says that the last Pope is this coming Pope whose name will be Peter... In extreme persecution, the seat of the Holy Roman Church will be occupied by Peter the Roman, who will feed the sheep through many tribulations, at the term of which the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the formidable Judge will judge his people. The End.
Interestingly, the current interim head of the RCC in sede vacante is the Camerlengo Cardinal Tarcisio Pietro Evasio Bertone born in Romano Canvese, Italy.

... also interesting is that "Tarcisio" is an anagram for "Iscariot"!?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟141,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Net,

Good to see you dude. You HAVE to drop in more often.
Interestingly, the current interim head of the RCC in sede vacante is the Camerlengo Cardinal Tarcisio Pietro Evasio Bertone born in Romano Canvese, Italy.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
Net, Good to see you dude. You HAVE to drop in more often.
Thanks, brother, good to see you around too!

I'm around, usually lurking & viewing posts here in MJ ... and more often than not, posting in Unorthodox Theology :) Hope you've been well!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mazock

Non-Pauline Believer in Yeshua
Nov 21, 2012
SW Missouri
✟8,119.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married

Whoa!

That's cool!

Upvote 0
A

aniello

His middle name, Evasio, could be interesting with 'ne' on it, Evasione, meaning just about what it would be in English. But, who knows?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Maybe I heard wrong, I don't know much about Lent, except that Catholics and others think that right before it starts you can participate in as much debauchery as you can and then be forgiven for it.

^_^ Yes, you heard wrong.

As a general point, if a person went crazy before confession, in order to stuff as many sins in as possible and then be forgiven for them, that behaviour would itself have to be confessed. The priest is hardly likely to approve of it. He would probably still give absolution, but might well advise the person not to do the same thing again. And he could make the penance fit the over indulgence in some way.

I think this comment might come from comments around Shrove Tuesday (aka Mardi Gras; it is the same day). Because Lent starts the next day, traditionally people eat up all the stuff in their larder that they can't eat during Lent. In England this translates to having pancakes to use up the eggs, milk and sugar. Hardly debauchery, really.

Shrove Tuesday is traditionally in England a day to go to confession; shrove is the past tense of shriven, which in turn means absolved of sin.

Catholics are obliged to go to confession at some point during Lent, but it doesn't have to be Shrove Tuesday; any day will do.

These thoughts come to mind
There's a

Fat Tuesday - The French name for this is Mardi Gras
Ash Wednesday
Maundy Thursday
Good Friday

In case anyone is not familiar with the other days you mention here is a very brief summary. Ash Wednesday is the first day of Lent. On this day we go to church to begin the season of penitence, and we have an ash cross put on our foreheads by the priest, as an outward sign of repentance. Catholics leave the cross on for the rest of the day, others may not. I tend not to, because I don't like overt signs of my faith. Maybe next year I will leave it on, this year I didn't.

Maundy Thursday is the day before Good Friday. It commemorates the instigation of the Last Supper, which is the precursor for every Eucharist/Mass. It is a very important day, usually ending in a vigil until midnight, to remember the Lord in the Garden of Gethsemane before his arrest.

Good Friday is the day of the Crucifixion, and is the Friday immediately before Easter Sunday. Easter Saturday is the only day in the Christian year when Mass is not celebrated, because the Lord is in his tomb. Easter Sunday is the holiest day of the Christian year. :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
^_^ Yes, you heard wrong.

As a general point, if a person went crazy before confession, in order to stuff as many sins in as possible and then be forgiven for them, that behaviour would itself have to be confessed. The priest is hardly likely to approve of it. He would probably still give absolution, but might well advise the person not to do the same thing again. And he could make the penance fit the over indulgence in some way.

I think this comment might come from comments around Shrove Tuesday (aka Mardi Gras; it is the same day). Because Lent starts the next day, traditionally people eat up all the stuff in their larder that they can't eat during Lent. In England this translates to having pancakes to use up the eggs, milk and sugar. Hardly debauchery, really.

Shrove Tuesday is traditionally in England a day to go to confession; shrove is the past tense of shriven, which in turn means absolved of sin.

Catholics are obliged to go to confession at some point during Lent, but it doesn't have to be Shrove Tuesday; any day will do.

In case anyone is not familiar with the other days you mention here is a very brief summary. Ash Wednesday is the first day of Lent. On this day we go to church to begin the season of penitence, and we have an ash cross put on our foreheads by the priest, as an outward sign of repentance. Catholics leave the cross on for the rest of the day, others may not. I tend not to, because I don't like overt signs of my faith. Maybe next year I will leave it on, this year I didn't.

Maundy Thursday is the day before Good Friday. It commemorates the instigation of the Last Supper, which is the precursor for every Eucharist/Mass. It is a very important day, usually ending in a vigil until midnight, to remember the Lord in the Garden of Gethsemane before his arrest.

Good Friday is the day of the Crucifixion, and is the Friday immediately before Easter Sunday. Easter Saturday is the only day in the Christian year when Mass is not celebrated, because the Lord is in his tomb. Easter Sunday is the holiest day of the Christian year. :wave:

Thank you for the explanations, Catherineanne.

Upvote 0