The Pope suddenly resigns!

cubanito

Nov 16, 2005
Southeast Florida, US (Coral Gables near Miami)
✟4,071.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My son-in-law posed an interesting scenario. The next "pope" is NOT the evil one of Malachy so that people discount the prophecy. THEN Satan gets the evil "pope" on the ancient Roman Toilet (I've read the Papal Throne is actually an ornate Roman toilet, though I wouldn't swear to it).

Wether the Lord tarries another 2,000 years is NOT within my knowledge. However, my GUESS is that multiple people are setting dates which come crashing down so that when the tribulation does start many will discount eschatology all together. Personally, and again I AM NO DATE SETTER, I think it may be within my children's lifetime, maybe mine (I am 54)

In any case, we are to live in the expectance of His return, while carrying on all duties.

JR

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
Since St. Malachy is on his own as far as the "Lord returning"... the only thing man can do is name the next Pope Peter.

I can hear it now... Matthew 16:18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I think this pope was never meant to be in office for long. He was an interim choice until the real power was ready to take office. I expect the next pope to mostly photo-op and gain world recognition for 6 months to a year, then things will start moving fast. Then again, it may not take that long.

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟141,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How about: Pope 'The Rock' III in the upcoming release of 'The Strength to face Wisdom down!' Currently in production with an expected release date in the spring of 2013, Pope 'The Rock' III, 'The Strength to face Wisdom down!', eerily portrayed by Dwayne Johnson, is a psycho-babble thriller about end-time events with all of the depth of a rain puddle and familiar comedic awquardness you have come to expect of a Woody Allen film... :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
? why would any one (especially in the Vatican) be surprised by this resignation?

didn't they take the popes PA to task for leaking details about an internal plot by some bishops to assassinate the pope a little while back ..or did i get that wrong

the last pope called the RCC the mother of all churches - they also use the term "queen of heaven", blah blah you guys know all that , but that does sort of put them in position to align with the islamic god ..hmm the tale of two towers

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
The date of the conclave's start is important because Holy Week begins March 24, and Easter Sunday is March 31. In order to have a new pope in place for the church's most solemn liturgical period, he would need to be installed by Sunday, March 17, a tight time frame if a conclave were to start on March 15, as previous rules would have required. Pope Changes Conclave Rules, Allows Earlier Start

Upvote 0