The poison that just keeps on giving, how many of you folks are carrying this poison

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A good reason to take proper care of your teeth?
Brushing is not enough. You need to floss and have regular visits to get your teeth cleaned.

I am not allowed to watch Youtube, but I can guess that this thread is about whether there is dangerous amounts of mercury in amalgam fillings.

FDA: Mercury Fillings Not Harmful

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,867.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Just something to think about.

The testimonials about this almost always have someone saying they had all their amalgam fillings removed and immediatly they started feeling better.

Anyone here ever had dental work done? Decay or old fillings are removed with a drill. removing a amalgam filling exposes the patient to hundreds of times the amount of mercury that just having a filling there does.

If the effect was real they would feel far worse in the short run. Such is never reported as far as I know.

Upvote 0

Johnny Todd

Sep 19, 2011
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll just leave this here. Seems appropriate.

Mercury Fillings
Ok lets just say for the sake of arguement the whole video is faked, are you under the impression that mercury in your teeth is harmless, because even the American Dental Association declares that mercury is a toxin, Its almost like saying cigerettes don't cause cancer......ummm the science says they do........and the science also says mercury is poisoness in what ever form its in, even in teeth

Upvote 0

Incariol

Apr 22, 2011
✟7,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok lets just say for the sake of arguement the whole video is faked, are you under the impression that mercury in your teeth is harmless, because even the American Dental Association declares that mercury is a toxin, Its almost like saying cigerettes don't cause cancer......ummm the science says they do........and the science also says mercury is poisoness in what ever form its in, even in teeth

You didn't even look at the link, did you. You're wrong, the science says fillings are perfectly safe. /thread

Upvote 0
A

Awesome_Frog

Hi, I'm studying to get my bachelors in science education and eventually get my masters in Biology.

I can say I don't need the FDA or ADA to tell me the fillings are harmless. I only have to use my knowledge of basic chemistry and biology to know this. The levels of mercury is way to low to cause mercury poisoning. The human body can also develop a tolerance for mercury at low levels.

What is your level of Biology/Chemistry training please? I ask this, so I can have a better grasp of your authority on this matter. :)

Upvote 0

Johnny Todd

Sep 19, 2011
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I'm studying to get my bachelors in science education and eventually get my masters in Biology.

I can say I don't need the FDA or ADA to tell me the fillings are harmless. I only have to use my knowledge of basic chemistry and biology to know this. The levels of mercury is way to low to cause mercury poisoning. The human body can also develop a tolerance for mercury at low levels.

What is your level of Biology/Chemistry training please? I ask this, so I can have a better grasp of your authority on this matter. :)
Well I don't want to brag, but my Father created everything you see, He even created you, His knowledge and wisdom makes all your degrees and accomplishments in schooling complete foolishness, considering you don't acknowledge my Father as creator, his word says your a fool......Sorry thats just what He says about you.......when you begin to understand and fear Him you will just be beginning down a path of wisdom. You can fill your mouth with all the mercury at what ever levels you feel are safe. thats MANS WISDOM!......good luck with that kind of wisdom

Upvote 0

Exiledoomsayer

Only toke me 1 year to work out how to change this
Jan 7, 2010
✟17,737.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well I don't want to brag, but my Father created everything you see, He even created you, His knowledge and wisdom makes all your degrees and accomplishments in schooling complete foolishness, considering you don't acknowledge my Father as creator, his word says your a fool......Sorry thats just what He says about you.......when you begin to understand and fear Him you will just be beginning down a path of wisdom. You can fill your mouth with all the mercury at what ever levels you feel are safe. thats MANS WISDOM!......good luck with that kind of wisdom

Are you suggesting god himself appeared before you too tell you that mercury fillings are lethal?

Cause if you are not, then nothing of what you just said supports your claim that you know what you are talking about.

And if you are, well that just all the more hilarous.^_^

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟312,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Did you just do an appeal to athority to....God?!?!?!?

That is just to funny.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Johnny Todd

Sep 19, 2011
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well according to your science God doesn't exist, I happen to know 1st hand that He does exist, and which is why I don't put a whole lot of faith in your science that says mercury is safe. I believe it is Gods wisdom that tells me if a substance is listed as one of the most deadly toxins, that it wouldn't be wise to have it put in my mouth. It seems this would be considered common sense, much as anyone looking around at creation would have to see that there appears to be a design to everything, flowers trees, every form of life appears to have design. Even if I didn't believe in God, I would at least grasp the common sense that everything natural has a design, thus it must have a designer. I would lean toward alien creation then the absurd evolution theory

Upvote 0

lemur

Aug 20, 2011
✟15,711.00
Faith
Atheist
Ok, I'll just disregard your little rant about atheism, theology, and intelligent design, I'm sure some other guy going to tackle that topic over the next 10 pages in this thread....

I believe it is Gods wisdom that tells me if a substance is listed as one of the most deadly toxins, that it wouldn't be wise to have it put in my mouth.
The point that Exiledoomsayer was making which you appear to have missed was that while mercury was well known at the time that the Bible was written, there's no reference to it. The dangers of mercury was discovered only in the last few hundred years and by science. Now, maybe your version of 'god' is a high school chemistry textbook or a web page, but I find that unlikely.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟312,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
well according to your science God doesn't exist, I happen to know 1st hand that He does exist, and which is why I don't put a whole lot of faith in your science that says mercury is safe. I believe it is Gods wisdom that tells me if a substance is listed as one of the most deadly toxins, that it wouldn't be wise to have it put in my mouth. It seems this would be considered common sense, much as anyone looking around at creation would have to see that there appears to be a design to everything, flowers trees, every form of life appears to have design. Even if I didn't believe in God, I would at least grasp the common sense that everything natural has a design, thus it must have a designer. I would lean toward alien creation then the absurd evolution theory

Sorry, but I am just laughing that instead of pulling out another Doctor or study you just go for the big guns that have nothing to do with whether mercury fillings are safe. :doh:

If you want to believe that mercury fillings are not safe, go ahead and ignore the science that has been done. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
well according to your science God doesn't exist, ...
I am not aware of what branch on science states that God does not exist. There are plenty of scientists who lack a belief in, or question the existence of God, but I am not aware of any field that has stated for sure one way or the other.

Please correct me, if I am wrong.

Upvote 0

Johnny Todd

Sep 19, 2011
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but I am just laughing that instead of pulling out another Doctor or study you just go for the big guns that have nothing to do with whether mercury fillings are safe. :doh:

If you want to believe that mercury fillings are not safe, go ahead and ignore the science that has been done. :wave:
YES! I will ignore the false science, just as just a few short years ago we were told by doctors and scientist that cigerettes didn't cause cancer and were not addictivehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYgLAPhbyKg&feature=related.....................you can believe what they want you to believe. but the true science is there is no safe amount of mercury for anyone to have onboard

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.