Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry but I don't see the relevance of your comments to the questions that I have raised.

It is relevant if one thinks for themselves to determine by the word what the character of God would be as one who knew the end from the very beginning in relationship to something he started and had counted the cost of before he began.

Why would God be disappointed that he created man on the earth when he knew before what the outcome would be before he did, or why would God have to go down to see if what he heard was true (Sodom and and Gomorrah), or why would Moses apparently appeal to God's vanity when he told what will people say; you could bring them out, but couldn't bring them in (because he got frustrated with them, even though he knew all this would happen before it did) in all this he sounds no different then the ones he got frustrated with).

In the OT it says come let us reason together (which begins with a word), a reasoning you become clean by without the literal shedding of blood, without following the law, with its feasts and sacrifices, as something that brings you to this; as Jesus' you are clean through the word I have spoken to you.

They say the archolgical evidence of Israel spending 400 years in Egypt is zip, up till now nothing has been uncovered that can prove this.

The Bible is a book of consciousness, that starts with one then narrows it back down to one again, and by this becomes the one you are.

We must not forget that Moses wrote the first five books according to his perception of who God was to him, just as Paul's words were this, or John's, or Peter's, and that a book cannot contain the truth that God is being God alone defines who he is, and this happens in us as a truth we live by in walking it out ... the kingdom of God is as if a man would take jouney ...

Rewriting the OT would only serve to point out the fact that God couldn't even author a book about himself, let alone finish what he started.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Watwood

Jul 2, 2017
Stafford
✟10,001.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is relevant if one thinks for themselves to determine by the word what the character of God would be as one who knew the end from the very beginning in relationship to something he started and had counted the cost of before he began.

Why would God be disappointed that he created man on the earth when he knew before what the outcome would be before he did, or why would God have to go down to see if what he heard was true (Sodom and and Gomorrah), or why would Moses apparently appeal to God's vanity when he told what will people say; you could bring them out, but couldn't bring them in (because he got frustrated with them, even though he knew all this would happen before it did) in all this he sounds no different then the ones he got frustrated with).

In the OT it says come let us reason together (which begins with a word), a reasoning you become clean by without the literal shedding of blood, without following the law, with its feasts and sacrifices, as something that brings you to this; as Jesus' you are clean through the word I have spoken to you.

They say the archolgical evidence of Israel spending 400 years in Egypt is zip, up till now nothing has been uncovered that can prove this.

The Bible is a book of consciousness, that starts with one then narrows it back down to one again, and by this becomes the one you are.

We must not forget that Moses wrote the first five books according to his perception of who God was to him, just as Paul's words were this, or John's, or Peter's, and that a book cannot contain the truth that God is being God alone defines who he is, and this happens in us as a truth we live by in walking it out ... the kingdom of God is as if a man would take jouney ...

Rewriting the OT would only serve to point out the fact that God couldn't even author a book about himself, let alone finish what he started.
God is not the author of the O.T.Ancient Israelite men wrote it (No female authors allowed).

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is not the author of the O.T.Ancient Israelite men wrote it (No female authors allowed).

The whole book was written the same way.

You don't think it's a strange thing that Israel spent 400 years in Egypt, came out in 430 years, and the silence of 400 years (between the old and new) and Jesus' ministry starting 30 years later ...

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0

Kenneth Watwood

Jul 2, 2017
Stafford
✟10,001.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The whole book was written the same way.

You don't think it's a strange thing that Israel spent 400 years in Egypt, came out in 430 years, and the silence of 400 years (between the old and new) and Jesus' ministry starting 30 years later ...
Sorry but what point are you making?

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
a book cannot contain the truth that God is being God alone defines who he is, and this happens in us as a truth we live by in walking it out ... the kingdom of God is as if a man would take jouney ...

The Bible - "All scripture is given by inspiration of God..." it tells us about God and his dealings with man...either according to man's faith in God or disbelief that He is God. Faith increases as we believe and come to KNOW God ...a journey to truly finding HIM on the inside...finding out God's amazing purpose and plan for that which HE created.

Not believing scripture as it stands is unbelief...God is not failing. Christianity is not dying because of the way the Bible is written. I see the prophetic words of the Old Testament coming to pass before my very eyes...a Truth that cannot be denied if we believe that HE is God.

Psalm 46:8 Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth.

9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.

10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

I can SEE God's work and purpose in everything. Everywhere. And so can all who find their Faith...within. God promises to reveal Himself to us if we BELIEVE. Our perception of who is comes by revelation - Truth by spirit or the imaginations of our own (human) mind. The two are contrary...for God promises to bring us back to ONE In Christ. God will never be who we THINK He should be for HE is God of all whether we can 'see' it or not.

Our faith will cause us to (spiritually) keep Passover and know the power of God...His word does not return void...even if one chooses to not believe it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Aseyesee
Upvote 0

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rewriting it, would not make a difference.

Please explain why.

Aseyesee is absolutely right, It would change nothing Kenneth. The irony is, the bible itself actually tells you why.
It would make no difference as even if you took out all the challenging stuff out, this generation will not WORSHIP a God, they refuse to, it's below them they're haughty and proud, and flaunt their sin in defiance. They don't want a saviour, let alone believe that they need one.
And that's the non believers. Revelation tells us how the Church will fall away itself. It's part of what we are told will happen.
The other reason it would make no difference is even if you take all the challenging stuff out, and portray God as a God of love (which he is, but you're missing his other key attributes), they will ask the same question that's always asked - if he's a God of love, why does he allow atrocities to happen all around the world today ?
Can you change God's actions to address and rectify that questioning ?

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is the hand of the messenger greater than the hand of God? And why the stipulation on female writers? Priscilla is more likely the author of Hebrews than any other, certainly not Paul as I think it's been proven. If there was a God-given mandate that female authors are 'not allowed' it would have extended to the NT. But for precisely the obvious reason the book of Hebrews was coined to Paul's account to make it acceptable to those of little faith in the substance but preferred to remain in the shadows.

Priscilla is most likely the author of Hebrews because it was authored by a teacher that was recognizable to them at the time but for whatever reason preferred to remain anonomous, and it was later picked up and accounted to Paul because of the need to bring it into accepted circulation. The reasons that Paul couldn't have written it are many.

Letter to the Hebrews was written to Rome; not to the church, but to the inner circle (Romans 16:5)
A.Priscilla had an inner circle in Rome, the church that is in their house (Romans 16:5).
B.She was an Apostolic teacher of high standing, and known throughout Christendom of that day (Romans 16).
C.She was the teacher of the intelligent and highly educated Apollos (Acts 18).
D.She and her husband Aquila labored closely and taught together, explaining why both the pronouns 'I' and 'we' were used by the author.

If anyone wants to start a thread on this send me a link and I will provide more evidence.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Watwood

Jul 2, 2017
Stafford
✟10,001.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible - "All scripture is given by inspiration of God..." it tells us about God and his dealings with man...either according to man's faith in God or disbelief that He is God. Faith increases as we believe and come to KNOW God ...a journey to truly finding HIM on the inside...finding out God's amazing purpose and plan for that which HE created.

Not believing scripture as it stands is unbelief...God is not failing. Christianity is not dying because of the way the Bible is written. I see the prophetic words of the Old Testament coming to pass before my very eyes...a Truth that cannot be denied if we believe that HE is God.

Psalm 46:8 Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth.

9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.

10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

I can SEE God's work and purpose in everything. Everywhere. And so can all who find their Faith...within. God promises to reveal Himself to us if we BELIEVE. Our perception of who is comes by revelation - Truth by spirit or the imaginations of our own (human) mind. The two are contrary...for God promises to bring us back to ONE In Christ. God will never be who we THINK He should be for HE is God of all whether we can 'see' it or not.

Our faith will cause us to (spiritually) keep Passover and know the power of God...His word does not return void...even if one chooses to not believe it.
I am afraid that you are ignoring the fact that the Bible was written by men not by God.The fact that the same men claimed that it was inspired by God does not change anything.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am afraid that you are ignoring the fact that the Bible was written by men not by God.The fact that the same men claimed that it was inspired by God does not change anything.
I'm afraid you are ignoring the fact of what faith unfeigned accomplishes by the power of God. I believe the Bible was written by the inspiration of God as it declares. And THAT Truth revealed by the spirit of Christ (the same one that rose Jesus Christ's body from the grave) is mind-blowing...

"But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God." (1 Cor 2:10)

I can testify of this Truth that comes only by faith...

Galatians 1:12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

So re-writing The Bible would be a futile effort. Even if a person cannot 'see', the very rocks cry out! The kingdom is within and is the only place we shall 'find' it. For those who truly SEEK, they find God and ALL His glory...everywhere.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenneth Watwood

Jul 2, 2017
Stafford
✟10,001.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm afraid you are ignoring the fact of what faith unfeigned accomplishes by the power of God. I believe the Bible was written by the inspiration of God as it declares. And THAT Truth revealed by the spirit of Christ (the same one that rose Jesus Christ's body from the grave) is mind-blowing...

"But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God." (1 Cor 2:10)

I can testify of this Truth that comes only by faith...

Galatians 1:12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

So re-writing The Bible would be a futile effort. Even if a person cannot 'see', the very rocks cry out! The kingdom is within and is the only place we shall 'find' it. For those who truly SEEK, they find God and ALL His glory...everywhere.
Rewriting the Bible so that all of it glorifies God may well prevent Christianity from dying out in this part of the world.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rewriting the Bible so that all of it glorifies God may well prevent Christianity from dying out in this part of the world.
It is already full of God's glory...if we have the EYE to see...HIS glory fills the whole earth...and Light shines out of the darkness. Many remain in the darkness and fail to see...refuse to come to the Light and so remain in darkness, not even able to glimpse a shimmer of God's Glory.

True Christianity will never die out...as revealed by the Spirit of God. HIS Word does not return void. It has been spoken/written and will accomplish all that HE has planned. Even if you cannot see it...

Upvote 0

Kenneth Watwood

Jul 2, 2017
Stafford
✟10,001.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cannot agree with you that all of the Bible glorifies God
Acts of barbarism cannot glorify God so please don't claim that God did any of them.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
People have been re-writing it for almost 2000 years, and suffering greatly each and every time they do,
but YHWH guards it , protects it,
and keeps it pure and right and holy and powerful and TRUE, as He Says,
against all your hopes and dreams and false ideas...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What evidence have you got to support your claims that God does all those things?It is men who have been doing the preserving and it was men who wrote it.
As long as you choose not to trust God,

as long as you choose to trust men (flesh), opposed to God,

God in His Spirit and in His Word opposes you.

He says plainly He curses anyone who trusts in the flesh.

Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What evidence have you got to support your claims that God does all those things?It is men who have been doing the preserving and it was men who wrote it.
On the lighter side,
if you are able,
get the book(s) "Evidence That Demands a Verdict" I and II (I is good itself, and II is good itself) ....

Every Word of God, Every Word of Scripture, is Proven and True - no exception.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Watwood

Jul 2, 2017
Stafford
✟10,001.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As long as you choose not to trust God,

as long as you choose to trust men (flesh), opposed to God,

God in His Spirit and in His Word opposes you.

He says plainly He curses anyone who trusts in the flesh.
How can you say that our Loving Heavenly Father curses people.Evil humans sometimes curse but never God.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I cannot agree with you that all of the Bible glorifies God
Acts of barbarism cannot glorify God so please don't claim that God did any of them.

Then I must ask what God you know?? For HIS glory fills the whole earth, completely.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Scripture promises blessing or curses...which speaks to where we perceive God from...our flesh or by knowing HIM in Spirit and in Truth.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

(In bold for emphasis) There is a reason why these things come to pass. It has to do with knowing God or not knowing God. It has to do with being haughty and contrary to God and being humbled...brought to one's knees. When we truly find God, there is no need to fear any of those acts of which you speak. God is God of all and wants ALL to KNOW He is God. He has a way of getting our attention...when we refuse to acknowledge Him..."Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess..."

Lamentations 3:32 But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies.

33 For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.

34 To crush under his feet all the prisoners of the earth.

35 To turn aside the right of a man before the face of the most High,

36 To subvert a man in his cause, the Lord approveth not.

37 Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?

38 Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?

39 Wherefore doth a living man complain, a man for the punishment of his sins?

40 Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the Lord.

Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?

Upvote 0