Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
The Passover.Exodus Ch.12 As I see this God is being accused of murdering innocent Egyptian children.
I do not believe that God did this.Can we discuss?
Death isn't a bad thing - we just pass onto the resurrection, so when someone says the Lord murdered someone, one might ask, "So what?" And sometimes innocent people get killed in war, when good guys are trying to protect themselves from the bad guys.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To the OP.

Are these not pre-figurements of the second coming?

His mercy is now. Will it not be wrath when he returns?

Mat 25:30
And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Mat 25:46
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

All things lead into HIS divine providence.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Death isn't a bad thing - we just pass onto the resurrection, so when someone says the Lord murdered someone, one might ask, "So what?" And sometimes innocent people get killed in war, when good guys are trying to protect themselves from the bad guys.
One thing that Trinity ought to teach us is that God is more than his humanity.
He set the time for each and every death on this planet, right down from the level of atom and amoeba up to apes and Adam and all who follow.

I suppose one of the perils of anthropomorphizing God through the Incarnation is that we forget that being God is so much more than being Jesus for thirty or so years on earth.

Every day people including children die meaningless, painful and otherwise horrible deaths. There is no rhyme nor reason to be found.
Sometimes the Bible reveals to us the deeper meaning behind some of the deaths.
But the Bible reveals also that ultimately God's plan does not end with death.
God is more than human, and through him, with him, in him, so may humans be more than their earthly biographies.

Upvote 0