May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Because there are millions of people
The appeal to popularity is a fallacy. Is this news to you?
who have attested to it
..made many varied and often contradictory claims..
since the beginning of recorded history,
The appeal to antiquity is a fallacy.
and the topic of concern is, "Do I want to be in on everlasting life, the next phase of humanity...or am I satisfied with the shorter experience of only living in my physical body?" "A"theist or "B?"
I do not belive that reality cares what I wish for, even if you appeal to every fallacy in the book.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
1 Timothy 6:2-5

"Teach and urge these things. If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain."

It's amazing how this verse describes the mind of an atheist just perfectly! Jesus is the only truth.

You've demonstrated repeatedly that you don't understand atheists/atheism.

You've also demonstrated that you don't understand who that passage is speaking of. Why would an atheist "imagine that godliness is a means of gain."?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Anything else? Go ahead and get it out of your system.

It has been said that I'm pious, I've been caught in deception, I'm dishonest.

Is there anything else that anyone thinks that I am? Please tell me.

I'd say misguided.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If all atheism went away, I'd still have reasons for believing in God.

If all theists went away, atheists would have no reason to think they're defending their atheistic beliefs anymore.

Yes I know you claim atheism is not a belief, but that claim does nothing to explain why you're here defending atheism.

Who's defending atheism?

I haven't seen anyone attack it. I'm just here to spread truth.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Most people, and the atheist demanding demonstrable proof, cannot go outside the universe in order to make their evaluation. I did. I was take outside and shown.

I don't recall you answering last time I asked...so I'll ask again...

What's it like "outside the universe"? Wouldn't that place just be more universe?

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You are a slave to that which made you steal the five.

You are a slave to that.

Indeed you and the others here are helping me to do just that and I thank God for you and I thank you personally.

I decided to steal the five...nothing "made" me do it. If you're going to ask why I decided to steal the five, I'd say it was the unique set of circumstances surrounding how I found it.
So...are you suggesting that I'm a slave to those unique circumstances surrounding the five that I stole?

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
No, I never considered God or other gods, but then in a moment of desperation I called out His name with a capital G, and got an answer. Now I know there are no other gods but One.
Alright. What of those of us who have not received such an answer?

Upvote 0

As I was saying

Jun 8, 2015
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟2,608.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh no...you're wrong again!

When I refer to the truth, I'm talking about something that can be proven, or demonstrated. Basically, it's the opposite of what you mean by "truth".

Here is a bit of truth for you.......

“Scientism is not the same thing as science. Science is a blessing, but scientism is a curse. Science, I mean what practicing scientists actually do, is acutely and admirably aware of its limits, and humbly admits to the provisional character of its conclusions; but scientism is dogmatic, and peddles certainties. It is always at the ready with the solution to every problem, because it believes that the solution to every problem is a scientific one, and so it gives scientific answers to non-scientific questions. Owing to its preference for totalistic explanation, scientism transforms science into an ideology, which is of course a betrayal of the experimental and empirical spirit.”

Leon Wieseltier, Perhaps Culture is Now the Counterculture: A Defense of the Humanities, 19 May 2013; www.newrepublic.com/article/113299/leon-wieseltier-commencement-speech-brandeis-university-2013 [Wieseltier self-describes as a humanist.]

See what you make of that mrs truth teller.

And here is another bit of truth............

As many as receive him to them he gives the right to be sons of God, even to those who believe in his name

And here is a bit more truth for you.....

God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

I have a feeling your response is going to prove the truth of the first comment and thus making your response to 2 and 3 irrelevant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

As I was saying

Jun 8, 2015
✟2,608.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Stop right there. Where is the evidence that God is infinite? Or is it based simply on "because I say so"?

Where is the evidence that God is not infinite. Or is it based simply on "because I say so?"

Reactions: ScottA
Upvote 0

As I was saying

Jun 8, 2015
✟2,608.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Faith in God is a religion.

Interaction with a deity is defined as religion.

Really? I am thinking that this isn't true.

I have just written down a number. Since God is supposedly everywhere and all knowing, why don't you ask God what that number is.

I am guessing that "God" will somehow know only the things you know.

The crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus is the foundation of the Christian religion.

Interacting with a deity is defined as religion.

Thanks for your post because if I needed evidence that you know nothing about religion and a relationship with God you have given it to me. What you have said is that if you work for Microsoft you have a relationship with Bill Gates. Keep on dreaming.

Upvote 0

As I was saying

Jun 8, 2015
✟2,608.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say Christianity was dying. I stated, Christianity has been slowly declining the world over for several decades. Numerous studies on the matter support this.

Talk about being pedantic. Let me put you out of your misery. Dying and declining are one and the same. And numerous studies, you know the ones you DON'T read, show that christianity is going through a revival.

Upvote 0

As I was saying

Jun 8, 2015
✟2,608.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My position is, I am not convinced of your religious claims.

Indeed - you make your claims but demonstrate no understanding.

<yawn>

What facts? Again you pass up the opportunity to show that your convictions are on "solid ground". The evidence mounts up. You have been reduced to being argumentative. Do it again.

1. I could not care less if you are convinced about my spiritual claims. I am not here on this earth to keep you happy. The only person I answer to is God himself and he is crazy about me so I have nothing to worry about.

2. And you make your claims and obviously you do not have a clue about the subject matter.

3. A response that makes it clear you can't handle the truth.

4. On Christ the solid rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand.

Words of hymn written many years ago so you see all your harrasment about evidence and solid whatever is not something that I lose much sleep over. Christ is my rock on which I stand so your demands are like water off a duck's back to me. I will say what I want to say and I won't say what I do not want to say because you need to realise you are not my master and I don't live and die by what you think of or demand of me. Comprende?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

As I was saying

Jun 8, 2015
✟2,608.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, second chance for you: pray, ask... and get an answer. Who knows, you might get a good laugh out of it... it is quite an interesting story.

This is what he gave me....

Mat_4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Luk_4:12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Luk_20:23 But he perceived their craftiness, and said unto them, Why tempt ye me?

1Co_10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

Upvote 0

As I was saying

Jun 8, 2015
✟2,608.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ummm... I just acknowledged that there were differences (i.e., religious diversity). You just ignored that.

Dear oh me. How on earth can talking about "religion" acknowledge there are differences? Religion is a monolith that does not differentiate but I guess when you get into a realm that you have very little understanding of you are going to make massive faux paux.

Upvote 0

anonymous person

Jul 21, 2015
✟67,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I decided to steal the five...nothing "made" me do it. If you're going to ask why I decided to steal the five, I'd say it was the unique set of circumstances surrounding how I found it.
So...are you suggesting that I'm a slave to those unique circumstances surrounding the five that I stole?

I'm not suggesting anything. I am stating very plainly and simply that satan (he does not get his name capitalized by the way) is the father of lies and would love for you to go through your brief time here on this earth thinking that there really is no rhyme or reason when it comes to the sins we commit, we just ...ehh...kinda do what we do. He would love for you to believe that the decisions you make today are totally divorced from the decisions you made yesterday but I'm here to tell you today that if you come into my home and steal anything, it's not because you poof!! turn into a robot and unthinkingly open your mechanical hand and grasp something that is not yours and shift it from its place to your pocket and then boom shift back into a human without skipping a beat like you came straight out of a thriller video...

No no...

I'm here to tell you that if you come into my home and steal something it was not at that moment that you poof! became a thief, but that you were already a thief when you walked into my home. You walked into my home already a thief. You arrived at my home in sin, wrapped up and bound in the very cords of sin, while you were in your vehicle driving to my house, your mind was thinking not of those things which are above but those things which are below. You were thinking, "yo, if I catch this dude slipping, I'm gonna get him."

It's that carnal, sinful, self seeking, self motivated, self loving, self preserving nature that you bow to in obeisance and rise to obey.

I'm not going to believe for one moment that you taking the five was some magical instance of a bill jumping into your pocket while you kind of just sat there and helped it on in there. The taking of the five is a willful, deliberate, intentional, purposeful act done in spite of the fact that you would not want it done to you and done because you are obeying those carnal passions and sinful impulses quickened by sin which you choose to allow yourself to be ruled by.

Upvote 0

As I was saying

Jun 8, 2015
✟2,608.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm skeptical that you have an understanding of the supernatural and how it works.

Yes, that is one of your cultivated attributes isn't it. Don't believe anything unless it complies with your jaundiced thinking; there isn't truth in anything unless I say there is; experience is irrelevant unless you have seen it for yourself; everyone is a liar if he is not an atheist; the obvious is not obvious unless it is obvious to me; what the bible says is irrelevant because I don't understand it; God doesn't exist because I say so; if I haven't seen it then it hasn't happened and so on and so on.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.