Visit site
✟3,984.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
I know a lot of people who think War was an absolute masterpiece ... but I don't. I think I've explained my reasons before as to why I don't listen to it much. I keep on meaning to burn my own 'War' ...

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
2. Seconds
3. New Year's Day
4. Like A Song ...
5. Drowning Man
6. A Celebration
7. Trash, Trampoline, And The Party Girl
8. Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)
9. Two Hearts Beat As One
10. Surrender
11. Endless Deep
12. 40

Indeed, I keep meaning to make a bunch of custom stuff. My 'Unforgettable Fire';

1. A Sort Of Homecoming
2. The Three Sunrises
3. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
4. Wire
5. MLK
6. The Unforgettable Fire
7. Love Comes Tumbling
8. Promenade
9. 4th Of July (Extended version)
10. Bass Trap (Extended 5:13 version)
11. Bad
12. Boomerang I
13. Boomerang II
14. Indian Summer Sky
15. 11 O'clock Tick Tock (Extended 4:10 studio version)

Upvote 0

Axver

Dreaming on a railway track
Sep 4, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟3,984.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
You saw them twice? Awesome. Which shows did you make it to?

On the new album front, we were expecting something in the first half of this year, but now it looks like it'll be the second half. Some people are saying 2005 but I think they're nuts. Way I see it right now, it'll be in October.

I can't wait.

Upvote 0

Axver

Sep 4, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟3,984.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
Upvote 0

TherapyDogLove

Christian Dog Lover
Feb 23, 2004
Maryland
✟15,181.00
Faith
Christian
Allright! I LOVE U2! The members of this band are Christian. Praise the Lord!
They rule! In the name of love is my favorite song by them. I was wondering has anybody seen Irish Music and America, featuring Bono. It was on the Disney Channel back in the mid 1990s. There were two songs during the program. I have been for years trying to figure out where I could possibly get the two songs they played on that program. None of the U2 albums seem to have them. The first one was so awesome. It had a beautiful cool violin playing by the Edge. It sounded like a New Age Jig. Does anybody know where I could get a copy of this song? The second song showed Bono singing in a graveyard and inside a stone room with a candle. They are most definately Imports. They are probably not available in the USA. Any input would be great.

Later dudes in Chirst! :wave:

Janet

Upvote 0
I

indigo tree

Hey TherapyDogLove!:wave:

In the Name of Love (more widely known as "Pride") is a wonderful song. One of my top favorites.
Wow, U2 on the the Disney channel? That furthur confirms my belief that the old Disney channel back in the early 90s was much better than the current one. As for the songs, I don't recognize them. But I bet if I heard them, I could help you. Ax may know them though.

Upvote 0

Axver

Sep 4, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟3,984.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
Hmm ... I'm trying to think of what those songs could be. Mid-90s, you say? Well the slightly obscure Passengers project was done then, that culminated in the release of Original Soundtracks 1 (aka Passengers) by The Passengers, who were U2 plus Brian Eno as a full band member rather than just a producer. Could it have been something from there?

Upvote 0

TherapyDogLove

Christian Dog Lover
Feb 23, 2004
Maryland
✟15,181.00
Faith
Christian
indigo tree said:
Hey TherapyDogLove!:wave:

In the Name of Love (more widely known as "Pride") is a wonderful song. One of my top favorites.
Wow, U2 on the the Disney channel? That furthur confirms my belief that the old Disney channel back in the early 90s was much better than the current one. As for the songs, I don't recognize them. But I bet if I heard them, I could help you. Ax may know them though.

Hi Indigo Tree! I love your Avitar! You're a Lord of the Rings fan I see! That's great! I am into Celtic and Irish stuff. Do you like Irish music?

Upvote 0

TherapyDogLove

Christian Dog Lover
Feb 23, 2004
Maryland
✟15,181.00
Faith
Christian
Axver said:
Hmm ... I'm trying to think of what those songs could be. Mid-90s, you say? Well the slightly obscure Passengers project was done then, that culminated in the release of Original Soundtracks 1 (aka Passengers) by The Passengers, who were U2 plus Brian Eno as a full band member rather than just a producer. Could it have been something from there?

Hi Axver, that's a possibility! I'll have to look into that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neenie

Veteran
Dec 8, 2003
✟2,137.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Adam is 44? :sigh: Thats old.

I hope the next album is their last, i really hope so. Your all going to disagree with me, but if Bono has the same raspy voice he had in the last tour, they are dead. People will not like his raspy voice. I don't want them to be the next rolling stones, those wrinkly old rockers that just keep on going, who are old enough to be grand parents. I don't want U2 to end up like that. What they have done already is enough for them to be seen as the Best rock band that has ever lived. Lets leave it at that.

Upvote 0
I

indigo tree

No, I understand what you mean perfectly. Bono's voice already isn't what it used to be. I was listening to some of the songs he sang in the "46664" concert, and from what I heard it did not sound good at all. I don't know if it was because it was spent from all those days in the recording studio, or if he was saving it. But it didn't sound too good.

Upvote 0

Neenie

Veteran
Dec 8, 2003
✟2,137.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi Indigo tree, i've never heard the "46664" concert yet, But know his voice started to break around July/August 1999 In popmart his voice sound so clear. I'll have to find the 46664 concert somewhere, but even in the super bowl his voice sounded shocking. Sorry to sound like a complainer but i love Bono's old voice, i want it back :cry: I hope this is just a temporary problem and that he is looking after himself now. 40 is way to young to lose your voice, i thought it's usaly about 50-60.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Axver

Sep 4, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟3,984.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
Hmm ... I really have to disagree with you both. Anyone can tell this won't be U2's last album and tour, and for that I'm very much relieved. Bono's voice sounded good on Popmart? Need I pull out my copy of 23 September 1997, Sarajevo to show the opposite? I feel his voice hit an all-time low on Popmart and really improved for Elevation. He's still got it in him - just look at the transition from All I Want Is You to Streets on the Slane DVD, that's awesome! - and I'm really not worried. All the latest material caters for his vocal deterioration (which, for the record, first struck on the Lovetown tour), so while older stuff may not sound as spectacular, anything from the 1990s onwards will, especially post-Pop.

And if his voice does die on him, Edge has a wonderful voice! I sent Sunday Bloody Sunday, Edge solo from Sarajevo to my best friend and she said Edge's voice was so beautiful it made her cry.

How I long for the pre-AB voice though ...

Upvote 0

Flynmonkie

The First Official FrankenMonkie ;)
Feb 23, 2004
Home of Harry Truman - Missouri
Visit site
✟20,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
U2 is my favorite Band!! They are AWESOME! As you can tell by my website. They were my first concert! The song "40" I have as background music and notice my signiture!:clap: Horray for U2 Fans!!

Reactions: Neenie
Upvote 0

sad astronaut

Robot in Disguise
Jun 30, 2003
Visit site
✟749.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Republican
so is bono's voice a reason that they don't sing certain songs during concerts? from what i've heard he's always had problems singing really high notes. last i looked at www.u2.faqs.com, some of the songs that have never been sung completely on tour are "when i look at the world", which has a really high note, "heartland" which has a lot of high notes, along with a few others. i'm pretty sure "red hill mining town" was not sung on tour because of the high notes. from what i hear, it was intended to be on of the first JT singles, but bono didn't want a single that he couldn't sing on tour. is what i'm saying have any truth to it?

Reactions: Neenie
Upvote 0

Axver

Sep 4, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟3,984.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
Sad Astronaut, what you say is close to the truth. I have a copy of When I Look At The World live and I can't fully remember it but it sounded pretty complete to me, no-one knows why Heartland was never played, but you're spot on with Red Hill Mining Town. It was going to be the second single instead of With Or Without You - they even did a video for it (that they didn't like) - but the notes were simply too high for Bono to sing so what's the point in releasing a single, see it become popular, and not be able to perform it? It was done once, at a soundcheck in Murfreesboro, but no recording of it has ever surfaced, sadly.

Flynmonkie, that's awesome you were able to see them. I can't wait for the next tour ... inside sources say it'll start in February and go for eighteen months. So hooray, that means they'll be coming down here! But I think I'm going to fly to the USA for some early shows anyway. They won't get down here until at least December, and I really don't want to wait that long.

Upvote 0