**The Offical U2 Fan Thread**

P

PrayerWarrior87

Let's face it guys, we're talking about one of the most talented bands ever created. A small Irish band that came to America in the near 70's and started rocking the world with their CD's that some of you might know. Their newest one is "All that you can't leave behind" which is still a pretty good CD for their ages.

So, this is a place to talk about the band, discuss about all the band members, their songs, CD's, news, etc etc...

Talk away guys!

Fozzwald

Aug 16, 2003
Oregon
✟7,684.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think there's any doubt the members of the band have matured over the years, especially Bono. Some of the things they said in their early years are a little questionable, but those days seem to be behind them.

Bono appeared on a taped message at last year's Creation and is friends with Michael W. Smith, so I believe it's only a matter of time before he (or maybe even the whole band) does something like perform at Creation.

I like their older stuff, especially the Live at Red Rocks EP.

Upvote 0

superdave

are you super-natural?
May 14, 2002
West Texas
Visit site
✟1,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
U2 is the greatest band to ever come to the earth. I have the outmost respect for this band- and love everything about them. I am so impressed on how social oriented they are... I think they minister the Kingdom of God when they do charities and so forth!

I love The Joshua Tree it stands out to be my favorite album of all them. I love every song on that CD!

My second favorite album is All you can't leave behind... And I can't wait for the next U2 ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Lotar

Swift Eagle Justice
Feb 27, 2003
Southern California
✟19,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
U2 is awesome. They are the band that origonally got me interested in music.
Favorite songs: With or Without You, One Tree Hill, Red Hill Mining Town, One, Lemon, Zooropa, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, Electrical Storm ... wait, how many do I get :D

Does anyone else like The Passengers album?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I

indigo tree

I know, its very hard to choose favorites. I have many more I love almost just as much as Streets and One Tree Hill, or maybe even as much.
So, I think I'll make a list, as there are many more songs that deserve recognition....

1.Streets
2.One Tree Hill
3. I Still Havent Found...
4. In Gods Country
5. Gloria
6.Bullet the Blue Sky
7. Heartland
8.Hawkmoon
9.Dirty Day
10.Zooropa
11.Wake Up Dead Man
12.Ultraviolet
13.Zoostation
14.Please
15.The Fly
16.Out of Control
17.Beatiful Day
18. Elevation
19. Please
20. Walk On
21. Some Days are Better than Others
22. Pride
23. Surrender
24. Sunday Bloody Sunday
25. Staring at the Sun
26. Numb
27. Stranger in a Strange land
...and a bunch of others I've probably forgotten....

Upvote 0
P

PrayerWarrior87

Pud, Bullet the blue sky is an awesome one, but out of the two, Joshua Tree, and Rattle and hum I like the Rattle and hum edition only because it's live and they added allot more lyrics to the end of it.

All I want is you makes me shiver it's so good, awesome song, awesome lyrics, just a great song all together.

Anybody else feel that way about "All I want is you"? :confused:

Upvote 0

Cherberrie

running to stand still
Jul 30, 2003
Florida
✟582.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I love U2. I see them in concert whenever they are anywhere remotely near here! I actually camped out in 1992 to get one of 8 thousand something tickets when they opened their tour in Lakeland of all places, where I was going to college. My friends and I were right by the catwalk where they came out for an acoustic performance, one of the songs was one of my faves, "Bad". I have to say my favorite CDs are "The Unforgettable Fire", "Live at Red Rocks", "The Joshua Tree" and "All that You Can't Leave Behind". Last time I saw them was in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale a couple years ago, it was great! The Corrs opened up last minute, I think Poe was supposed to be there but wasn't. Lenny Kravitz was in the audience, unfortunately he didn't join the group for any songs though. I'll have to post some pics on here from the 92 concert once I get them scanned.

Upvote 0
I

indigo tree

Lucky you Cherberrie.:)

I agree Warrior Poet. I love the live version of Bullet the Blue Sky better than the original.Something about the way Bono is belting out the lyrics and the way Larry is banging on the drums makes it magnificant.:)
Goes to show what a superb live act they are.

I think All I Want is You is the best love song I've heard in ages.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Axver

Dreaming on a railway track
Sep 4, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟3,984.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
I'm new here, and the quickest way to make me like a place is a U2 thread. I'm positively obsessed with U2. My favourite song would have to be the live version of Bad that appears on the Rattle And Hum video. That is absolutely incredible.

My top 20 would look something like;

1. Bad (Rattle And Hum video)
2. Bad (Wide Awake In America EP)
3. Gloria (Under A Blood Red Sky EP)
4. With Or Without You (Rattle And Hum video)
5. The Electric Co. (Under A Blood Red Sky EP)
6. I Will Follow (Lido Beach, NY, 13/12/81)
7. 11 O'clock Tick Tock (Under A Blood Red Sky video, rocks the socks off the EP version)
8. Bad
9. Gloria
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday (Rattle And Hum video)
11. Where The Streets Have No Name
12. Walk On
13. Sunday Bloody Sunday
14. New Year's Day
15. Please (Popmart - Live From Mexico City video)
16. Springhill Mining Disaster
17. Heartland
18. A Sort Of Homecoming
19. Love Is Blindness
20. Gone

It must be noted that below the top seven or so, that's rather prone to change.

Personally, I prefer their earlier stuff - I have an electric live performance from 13/12/81 - although everything they do is fantastic. Well, nearly everything ... Miami, The Refugee, and Red Light are embarrassing. I've never had the pleasure of seeing them live, but on the videos I have, they're just incredible. My favourite video would probably be Under A Blood Red Sky: Live From Red Rocks, particularly for Surrender, Seconds, New Year's Day, Gloria, and 11 O'clock Tick Tock, although Rattle And Hum is amazing as well, with Bad and the fantastic mid-song Bono rant during Sunday Bloody Sunday.

In regards to Bullet The Blue Sky, I used to love the studio version on The Joshua Tree, but after hearing the live version on Rattle And Hum - and then seeing the actual video of it - the studio version just sounds lame. Bullet is simply incredible live.

And while talking about all things U2, my favourite U2 quote would have to be 'We thought that we had the answers/It was the questions we had wrong' - 11 O'clock Tick Tock. The guitar riff at the end of that song is amazing ...

Upvote 0
I

indigo tree

Whoa, I can actually see that performance of Bullet the Blue Sky?? Heh, I've always wanted that R &H DVD , but I never knew it had that performance on there. Awesome.
I didnt think Red Light is that bad of a song, but I can see where your coming from with miami and the reufugee. I dont hate those songs, but you can tell they werent done to the best of their ability.The U2 song that has actually never really stuck with me is Fire. I dunno why..

My favorite U2 quote is from I Still Havent Found:"I believe in the kingdom come, then all the colors will bleed into one..bleed into one, but yes I'm still running."

Upvote 0

Axver

Sep 4, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟3,984.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
Bullet The Blue Sky is one of the highlights of the Rattle And Hum video. It has a wonderful Adam Clayton (the bassist for those of you who don't know) quote beforehand: "Some people say that you shouldn't mix music and politics ... or sport and politics ... or whatever. I think that's kinda bulls---." And then Bullet goes into a fantastic rendition of Running To Stand Still. What can't be missed during the performance of Bullet is Bono shining a massive spotlight right at Edge (indeed, that's where the cover of RAH, both CD and video, is from).

The highlight of the RAH video, for me at least, is the rendition of Bad. But I must make an amendment to the chart I posted last night - it's not my favourite song any more. I discovered a live version of 11 O'clock Tick Tock from the 5 June 1983 concert (the Under A Blood Red Sky video one) online today, and it's just incredible. Indeed this .mp3 - I think it's a copy from the soundboard - is, in my opinion, BETTER than the UABRS video, or at least its equal.

Upvote 0

Axver

Sep 4, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟3,984.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Greens
Yep, there's a live version from Boston, 1981 on the Under A Blood Red Sky EP (incidentally, UABRS is my favourite CD). However, this version is not as good as some live versions, such as 5 June 1983 and 13 December 1981. The actual studio version was a non-album single from 1980, and I haven't heard it.

Upvote 0