The next time you hear some Zionist claim Russia and China are "Gog and Magog", send them this e

NeonTetra

May 21, 2017
Rhode Island
✟8,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I've been aware of this for years, but last night I happened to be reading the Ezekiel prophecies which concern Gog of Magog. This was because I was unfortunate enough to stumble upon some really ignorant and simplistic but well-produced (a trend!) You Tube videos about the "Gog and Magog" subject (misnomer, as it is Gog OF Magog).
The expectation generally persists in both Christian Zionist (Dispensational, faux-Evangelical) and most Jewish circles that the Gog prophecies have not occurred and will take place in the End Times. The difference is that the Jews of today at least have an excuse for being materially incorrect.. that excuse being that they are still expecting "their" Messiah.
Read over the Ezekiel prophecies themselves to understand why most Jews would think they haven't happened yet, for matters pertaining to their own theology.
Christians, however, have no excuse. Except perhaps that they were brought up in assemblies influenced by Zionists (you can read about the Scofield Bible and who funded it sometime, or the rapid growth of Christian Zionists in American Protestantism in the latter 20th Century, and the reasons for that).
So the Bible I read last night was the New American Bible, as promulgated by the RCC in the early 1970s. The notes concerning the Ezekiel "Gog" prophecies contained a brief explanation why Gyges of Lydia was the "Gog" Ezekiel had in mind, whether symbolically or exclusively, and mentions the Akkadian records.
Here's the essay I want you to read, concerning the infamous tool of policial prophecy over the last decades:
Debunking the Russia/War of Gog and Magog Myth

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I've been aware of this for years, but last night I happened to be reading the Ezekiel prophecies which concern Gog of Magog. This was because I was unfortunate enough to stumble upon some really ignorant and simplistic but well-produced (a trend!) You Tube videos about the "Gog and Magog" subject (misnomer, as it is Gog OF Magog).
The expectation generally persists in both Christian Zionist (Dispensational, faux-Evangelical) and most Jewish circles that the Gog prophecies have not occurred and will take place in the End Times. The difference is that the Jews of today at least have an excuse for being materially incorrect.. that excuse being that they are still expecting "their" Messiah.
Read over the Ezekiel prophecies themselves to understand why most Jews would think they haven't happened yet, for matters pertaining to their own theology.
Christians, however, have no excuse. Except perhaps that they were brought up in assemblies influenced by Zionists (you can read about the Scofield Bible and who funded it sometime, or the rapid growth of Christian Zionists in American Protestantism in the latter 20th Century, and the reasons for that).
So the Bible I read last night was the New American Bible, as promulgated by the RCC in the early 1970s. The notes concerning the Ezekiel "Gog" prophecies contained a brief explanation why Gyges of Lydia was the "Gog" Ezekiel had in mind, whether symbolically or exclusively, and mentions the Akkadian records.
Here's the essay I want you to read, concerning the infamous tool of policial prophecy over the last decades:

Thanks. It was an interesting read.

Upvote 0

NeonTetra

May 21, 2017
Rhode Island
✟8,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Having devoted well over four decades personally studying ancient documents, including a detailed examination of the very Court records of Sargon, Esarhaden, and Sennacherib which are cited, I can confidently state that the link provided in the OP is factually incorrect.

Further, the factual inaccuracies are not simply about details. Rather, almost every significant "fact" alleged in the linked article is totally false. As an example:

And the conclusions that this prophecy remained to be fulfilled in the future and that it referred to the nations just north of the Black Sea was clearly taught in 383 A.D, by Bishop Ambrose of Milan, and again sometime between 433 and 447 A.D, by the Patriarch Proclus.

Upvote 0

NeonTetra

May 21, 2017
Rhode Island
✟8,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Having devoted well over four decades personally studying ancient documents, including a detailed examination of the very Court records of Sargon, Esarhaden, and Sennacherib which are cited, I can confidently state that the link provided in the OP is factually incorrect.

Further, the factual inaccuracies are not simply about details. Rather, almost every significant "fact" alleged in the linked article is totally false. As an example:

And the conclusions that this prophecy remained to be fulfilled in the future and that it referred to the nations just north of the Black Sea was clearly taught in 383 A.D, by Bishop Ambrose of Milan, and again sometime between 433 and 447 A.D, by the Patriarch Proclus.

Since you only presented one "example" to back-up your claim that the article
is totally incorrect, understand that he's not alone. This was also the position of
Catholic historians. 1909 Encyclopedia

Here's another article:

Gog of Magog is dead…and I have seen his grave

by Dr. Gary Shogren

the mix of symbolic, legendary, specific and inspecific is a carrying trait here.
Both Herodotus and Plato wrote of Gyges - sometimes in ways that strain
our modern sense of credulity.

Concerning your mention of Ambrose and Proclus, I'd like to see a reference.
There is an End-Times application. Nothing I've posted here says there is no
End Times application for Gog of Magog.
Prophecy sometimes has dual fulfillments.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Since you only presented one "example" to back-up your claim that the article
is totally incorrect, understand that he's not alone. This was also the position of
Catholic historians. 1909 Encyclopedia

Here's another article:

Gog of Magog is dead…and I have seen his grave

by Dr. Gary Shogren

the mix of symbolic, legendary, specific and inspecific is a carrying trait here.
Both Herodotus and Plato wrote of Gyges - sometimes in ways that strain
our modern sense of credulity.

Concerning your mention of Ambrose and Proclus, I'd like to see a reference.
There is an End-Times application. Nothing I've posted here says there is no
End Times application for Gog of Magog, only that it is meant to be taken
symbolically in both the Ezekiel prophecy and the Christian typography use
in the Apocalypse of John.

I have already posted a great many explicit statements, with specific citations in this forum. But as you are new here, you have not seen them. I did not, and now do not, have time to re-post them at this time.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I now have a little time available. So I will respond in a short way to the previous reguest foe citations.
Gog is “of the land of Magog.” Josephus said that Magog founded the Magogites, but that the Greeks called them Scythians. (Jewish Antiquities,” by Flavius Josephus, Book 1, chapter 6, sec. 123, from “The New Complete Works of Josephus,” trans. by William Whiston, revised by Paul L. Maier, Grand Rapids: Kregel, 1999, pg. 57.)

There is a problem in the translation of the Hebrew word rosh, which means top, or chief. (word number 7218 in Strong’s Hebrew Dictionary) If we assume this is only a word, the proper translation is “chief prince of Meshech and Tubal.” If, however, rosh is a name, the proper translation is, as given in our translation, “prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal.” The various translations are divided on this point, some giving one reading, some the other. Some might ask, was the R a capital letter, indicating a name? But ancient Hebrew did not have capital and small letters. We know the ancient Jews considered this a name from the Septuagint, a Hebrew translation of the scriptures into Greek, believed to date from the second century B.C. (In the Septuagint, this Hebrew word was rendered as Ros, preserving its sound as closely as possible in Greek, rather than by translating it as protos, the Greek adjective meaning chief. In translating, it is standard practice to reproduce the sound of a name as closely as possible, rather than attempting to reproduce the meaning of the name. This proves that the scholars that translated the Septuagint considered this word a name, rather than an adjective.)

It is well known that this is commonly thought to mean Russia. But is this correct? It was taught as early as the fourth century. (In 378 A.D., Bishop Ambrose of Milan, wrote concerning Ezekiel 38-39, “Gog is the Goth, whose coming forth we have already seen, and over whom victory in days to come is promised, according to the word of the Lord:” (“Exposition of the Christian Faith,” by Ambrose, book II, chapter XVI, section 138, tran. by H. De Romestin, M.A., asst. by E. De Romestin, M.A., and H. T. F. Duckworth, M.A. - From “Nicene and Post Nicene Fathers, Second Series,” ed. Philip Schaff, D.D., LL.D. and Henry Wace, D.D., Edinburgh, 1884, reprint by Hendrickson, Peabody, 2012, vol 10, pg. 241.) It is well known that the Goths came out of what is now Russia.) This was again taught in the fifth century. (As reported in the first volume of George Vernadsky’s highly reputed work “A History of Russia” pp. 138-139. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1943. Vernadsky cites the patriarch Proclus (434-447) citing Ezekiel’s prophecy in a sermon on the Hunnic invasion as the earliest known written record of the use of the name "Rus," the name of the ancient tribe from which Russia got its name. He cites his source for this as Nicephorus Kallistus, XIV, 37. But as this ancient source has never been translated into English, it would be pointless to include a quotation here.)

I had long heard this was commonly believed in Russia, so I decided to test it on a Russian I once knew. The man was not someone who would have had any prior instruction in the meaning of this passage. He was, in fact, an atheistic engineer trained in communist universities in the former USSR. I handed him a Russian Bible opened to this passage and asked him to read it and tell me in English what it said. He read it thus: “See, I am against you, oh Gogae, uh– uh– second step.” I asked, “prince?” he answered, “Yes.” He continued reading, “prince of Russia, Meshchovsk, and Tobolsk.” I asked, “Russia, is that what it says?” He answered, “Well, no, not exactly, but that’s what it means.” Then he wrote on a slip of paper the word “Rosh” and said “people.” He then wrote “Rosha” and said “country.” He was therefore saying that it called Gog the “prince of the people of Russia.” It is interesting that without hesitation he read Meshech as Meshchovsk (A Russian city about 135 miles southwest of Moscow.) and Tubal as Tobolsk. (A Russian city about 1200 miles east of Moscow.)

So it is easy to see why Russians generally simply accept without question that this prophecy is about their nation.

Meshech and Tubal are a study in themselves. They are often seen in ancient writings and are almost always mentioned together. On the basis of ancient Greek and Persian accounts, modern historians believe the Moschi (the Greek form of Meshech) lived near the Black Sea, just north of Armenia and a short distance south of the Caucasus Mountains. (“Anatolia - Studies in Strabo,” by Ronald Styme, pg.68. Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1995.) Ptolemy’s atlas shows the Mosthici Mountains in this area. (This map, which shows the region between the Black (Pontus) Sea and the Caspian Sea, was originally published in Alexandria by Claudius Ptolemy in his famous atlas, “Geographia.” While its exact date is unknown, this atlas was produced around 50 or 60 years after the Revelation was written. No originals of this atlas have survived, but many libraries have reproductions of various mediaeval copies. I personally own a copy published in Venice by Giordano Ziletti in 1574.)

These mountains are now called the Moschii Mountains, or sometimes the Suram Mountains. The “Barrington Atlas of the Greek and ·Roman World” shows them as the Moschici Mountains. (“Barrington Atlas of the Greek and ·Roman World,” ed. Richard J. A. Talbert, Princeton, Princeton University Press, 2000, Map #88. Based on the most up-to-date historical scholarship and archeological discoveries, this is the most authoritative atlas of the classical world available today.) This Atlas also shows those mountains as inhabited by the “Moschoi.” This area is now in Caucasian Georgia. (Not the American Georgia, but part of the Commonwealth of Independent States, the former USSR.)

In 1944 the Soviet government deported approximately 100,000 Moslem “Meskhi” from this region to distant parts of the USSR for fear they would side with Turkey in a possible future war.(“The Modern Encyclopedia of Russian and Soviet History,” ed. by Joseph L. Wieczynski, vol. 22, pg. 7. Gulf Breeze: Academic International Press, 1981.)

These modern sources are cited to demonstrate that what I am saying is the common judgement of modern secular historians, people whose only interest is historical accuracy, not the promotion any particular doctrine.

But Josephus said Meshech was the Cappadocians. (Josephus, on the same page as noted previously, but in section 125.) As noted above, modern historians favor the Greek and Persian accounts. But ancient Christians considered Josephus very reliable. How could both Josephus and the Greek and Persian writers be correct about where these people lived?

Cappadocia originally stretched all the way to the Mosthici Mountains. It therefore originally extended from southern Turkey to the area where the Greek and Persian writers located the Moschi. Pontus, which lay between these two nations at the time of Josephus, was not a different race. It had been created for political reasons from the northern part of Cappadocia. Thus we see that these two nations have a common root. If this were the case, it would have been only natural for Josephus to name the largest branch of the race, that is, Cappadocia, even though the name Meshech was better preserved in a different place.

But this raises the question, how did these people end up in Russia? Cappadocia remained a nation until the Moslem invasion in the mid to late eleventh century. During this period the Moslems conquered almost all of modern day Turkey, Armenia, and Georgia. The inhabitants were forced to convert to Islam or face intolerable persecution. This caused widespread panic and most of the population fled to foreign lands. The name Moscow (the connection between this name and the name Moschi is evident when we see its Russian form, Muskova,) first appears in Russian history about a hundred years later, as an entry for the year 1147 in “The Nikonian Chronicle.” (“The Nikonian Chronicle,” trans. by Serg A. and Betty Jean Zenkovsky, vol. 2, pg. 27. Princeton: The Kingston Press, 1982.)

This chronicle was written in the years 1520-1550. It lists the Meschera as a tribe living along the Oka River, which passes about 60 miles south of Moscow. (“The Nikonian Chronicle,” vol. 1, pg. 7.) “The Russian Primary Chronicle,” written in 1116, lists the tribes in this area, but this name is not included. (“The Russian Primary Chronicle, Laurentian Text,” copied in 1377 from the 1116 text. trans. and edited by Samuel Hazzard Cross and Olgerd P. Sherbowitz-Wetzor, pg. 55. Cambridge,: The Mediaeval Academy of America, 1953.)

The absence of any form of the name Meshech from a description of this area made at approximately the time of the Moslem invasion, coupled with its appearance soon after, strongly suggests that Moschi refugees from Cappadocia and Pontus settled there. Their name is still preserved in this area by the name Meshchovsk, as noted previously.

Josephus also wrote that Tubal was the Iberians. (Josephus, on the same page as notedpreviously, but in section 124.) From this we would naturally conclude that Tubal was Spain and Portugal, as it is commonly known that these two nations occupy the Iberian Peninsula. But in ancient times there was another Iberia, which can be plainly seen in Ptolemy’s atlas and the Barrington Atlas. ("BArrington Atlas, same page as previously noted.) This nation was between Armenia and the Caucasus Mountains, northeast of the Moschi in present day Georgia. The name Tubal is preserved to this day in the name Tbilisi, the capitol of Georgia. As the Russian city Tobolsk was not founded until the middle of the sixteenth century, it is quite possible that refugees from the Moslem invasion of Georgia settled in this region, becoming the source of the name of Tobolsk. Thus we understand that Meshech and Tubal are very possibly the root stocks of the peoples around Moscow and Tobolsk. Even if this is not correct, Meshech and Tubal definitely fled to locations within the borders of the present day Commonwealth of Independent States, the former USSR.

(Continued next post.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
(Continued from post #9)

Armenia claims to be the house of Togarmah. This is recorded in detail in “The History of the Armenians,” written by Moses of Khronosis only fifty years after the development of the Armenian alphabet. (Available in English as the “History of the Armenians,” by Moses Khorenats’i, trans. Robert W. Thompson, Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1978. See pages 74, 84, 86, and 92. In this translation Togarmah is spelled T’orgom. On page 86 he calls Armenia “the house of T’orgom,” exactly the term used in Ezekiel. On page 74 he lists T’orgom as the son of T’iras, son of Gamer, son of Yapeth, son of Noah. Compare this with Genesis 10:1-3. “Now this is the genealogy of the sons of Noah: Shem, Ham, and Japheth. And sons were born to them after the flood. The sons of Japheth were Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, and Tiras. The sons of Gomer were Ashkenaz, Riphath, and Togarmah.”)

Armenia was once much larger than it is today. As was noted previously, when everyone was being forced to convert to Islam or face persecution, most Armenians fled to other lands. Many medieval Armenian manuscripts were copied in various places along the northern shores of the Black Sea, in the region of present day Ukraine. (“Colophons of Armenian Manuscripts, 1301-1480,” by Avedias K. Sanjian, Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1969. (A colophon is a note added at the beginning or end of a manuscript, telling who copied it. These are of historical interest because they often included comments about the conditions under which the manuscript was copied.) Specific page numbers would be pointless because this note applies to many of the colophons included in this book.)

Many think Gomer is Germany, but Josephus clearly identified Gomer as the Galatians. (Josephus, on the same page as noted previously, but section 123.) From this we might think Gomer is Turkey, as Galatia is well known as a province in Asia Minor. But Galatia was so called because it was a settlement of Gauls.

Further, From this we might think Gomer is Turkey, as Galatia is well known as a province in Asia Minor. But Galatia was so called because it was a settlement of Gauls. Further, we just saw from the words of Moses of Khronosis that Biblical Gomer was called Gamer in Armenia. The Assyrians called this people the Gamerraaa. ( “The Royal Correspondence of the Assyrian Empire,” translated and transliterated by Leroy Waterman, Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1930. part I, pg. 74. On pg. 75 this Assyrian word is translated “Cimmerians,” with a footnote identifying them as the classical Cimmerii and Biblical Gomer. (part III, pg. 53) This is also noted on page 246 of “State Archives of Assyria, Volume V - The Correspondence of Sargon II, Part II”, ed by Giovanni B. Lanfranchi and Simo Parpola, Helsinki University Press, 1990.)

This source also described the Gamerraaa sufficiently to identify them as the people whom the Greeks called Cimmerians. (Another letter in the first reference of the last note called the Gimiraa “the people of the steppe.” (part II, pg. 361) It is well known that the ancient homeland of the Cimmerians was the steppe region of southern Russia. Yet another letter in this series locates the lands of Guriania and Nagiu as between the lands of Urartu and Gamirra. (part I, pg 101) This is also stated in a letter on page 75 of the second reference of the last note, except that the land of Nagiu was not mentioned. It is well known that Urartu is another name for Armenia, which was on Assyria’s northern border, so we know the land of Gamirra, or Cimmeria, was significantly north of Armenia. That would place it somewhere in southern Russia. (The Scythians eventually drove them out of that region and they settled in central and western Europe.)

It is common knowledge that the Gauls were descended from the Cimmerians. Today, this people group is called Celts or Kelts.

As to the others, the name of Persia persisted into the twentieth century, when it was changed to Iran. And the names Ethiopia and Libya continue to the present day.

From all this we can safely conclude that Gog is from the land of the Scythians, that is, present day Russia. And that Rosh, Mesech, and Tubal all refer to Russia or to lands dominated by Russia. Gog’s associates include Ethiopia, Libya, Iran, Armenia, and the Celtic peoples (most of western Europe, including the British Isles, with their North American and Australian descendants).

All this s a very short summary of information I dug out from ancient as well as modern sources during literally decades of personal research. This and the last post are extracted from my copyrighted book, "Keys to Bible Prophecy," and are here quoted with the permission of the copyright owner.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
(Continued from post #9)

Armenia claims to be the house of Togarmah. This is recorded in detail in “The History of the Armenians,” written by Moses of Khronosis only fifty years after the development of the Armenian alphabet. (Available in English as the “History of the Armenians,” by Moses Khorenats’i, trans. Robert W. Thompson, Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1978. See pages 74, 84, 86, and 92. In this translation Togarmah is spelled T’orgom. On page 86 he calls Armenia “the house of T’orgom,” exactly the term used in Ezekiel. On page 74 he lists T’orgom as the son of T’iras, son of Gamer, son of Yapeth, son of Noah. Compare this with Genesis 10:1-3. “Now this is the genealogy of the sons of Noah: Shem, Ham, and Japheth. And sons were born to them after the flood. The sons of Japheth were Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech, and Tiras. The sons of Gomer were Ashkenaz, Riphath, and Togarmah.”)

Armenia was once much larger than it is today. As was noted previously, when everyone was being forced to convert to Islam or face persecution, most Armenians fled to other lands. Many medieval Armenian manuscripts were copied in various places along the northern shores of the Black Sea, in the region of present day Ukraine. (“Colophons of Armenian Manuscripts, 1301-1480,” by Avedias K. Sanjian, Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1969. (A colophon is a note added at the beginning or end of a manuscript, telling who copied it. These are of historical interest because they often included comments about the conditions under which the manuscript was copied.) Specific page numbers would be pointless because this note applies to many of the colophons included in this book.)

Many think Gomer is Germany, but Josephus clearly identified Gomer as the Galatians. (Josephus, on the same page as noted previously, but section 123.) From this we might think Gomer is Turkey, as Galatia is well known as a province in Asia Minor. But Galatia was so called because it was a settlement of Gauls.

Further, From this we might think Gomer is Turkey, as Galatia is well known as a province in Asia Minor. But Galatia was so called because it was a settlement of Gauls. Further, we just saw from the words of Moses of Khronosis that Biblical Gomer was called Gamer in Armenia. The Assyrians called this people the Gamerraaa. ( “The Royal Correspondence of the Assyrian Empire,” translated and transliterated by Leroy Waterman, Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1930. part I, pg. 74. On pg. 75 this Assyrian word is translated “Cimmerians,” with a footnote identifying them as the classical Cimmerii and Biblical Gomer. (part III, pg. 53) This is also noted on page 246 of “State Archives of Assyria, Volume V - The Correspondence of Sargon II, Part II”, ed by Giovanni B. Lanfranchi and Simo Parpola, Helsinki University Press, 1990.)

This source also described the Gamerraaa sufficiently to identify them as the people whom the Greeks called Cimmerians. (Another letter in the first reference of the last note called the Gimiraa “the people of the steppe.” (part II, pg. 361) It is well known that the ancient homeland of the Cimmerians was the steppe region of southern Russia. Yet another letter in this series locates the lands of Guriania and Nagiu as between the lands of Urartu and Gamirra. (part I, pg 101) This is also stated in a letter on page 75 of the second reference of the last note, except that the land of Nagiu was not mentioned. It is well known that Urartu is another name for Armenia, which was on Assyria’s northern border, so we know the land of Gamirra, or Cimmeria, was significantly north of Armenia. That would place it somewhere in southern Russia. (The Scythians eventually drove them out of that region and they settled in central and western Europe.)

It is common knowledge that the Gauls were descended from the Cimmerians. Today, this people group is called Celts or Kelts.

As to the others, the name of Persia persisted into the twentieth century, when it was changed to Iran. And the names Ethiopia and Libya continue to the present day.

From all this we can safely conclude that Gog is from the land of the Scythians, that is, present day Russia. And that Rosh, Mesech, and Tubal all refer to Russia or to lands dominated by Russia. Gog’s associates include Ethiopia, Libya, Iran, Armenia, and the Celtic peoples (most of western Europe, including the British Isles, with their North American and Australian descendants).

All this s a very short summary of information I dug out from ancient as well as modern sources during literally decades of personal research. This and the last post are extracted from my copyrighted book, "Keys to Bible Prophecy," and are here quoted with the permission of the copyright owner.

Its going to be a hell-storm war for sure. You not only have this account, but numerous other Scripture speaks of a powerful northern nation and a confederation of nations from the north.
Jeremiah 6:22-24 and Jeremiah 50:41-43 are practically word for word a match with the exception that one is against daughter of Zion and the other is against daughter of Babylon.
Jeremiah 51:27 also seems to include peoples that are connected to some of those listed in Ezekiel. Jeremiah gives the names of Ararat, Minni, and Ashkenaz. It is believed the Ashkenaz are a reference to the Scythians, which some consider to be the ancestors of modern Russians.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Great post.....
it's about time some started debunking that end-time nonsense

Armegeddon/Gog-Magog same event?

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Great post.....
it's about time some started debunking that end-time nonsense

Armegeddon/Gog-Magog same event?

Actually, the difference between what this writer said and what I said, is that he made numerous allegations which he did not back up with even one actual citation, much less even one quotation, while everything I said was thoroughly backed up with precisely cited quotations.

His article is full of radical errors and false claims, the most radical of which is the disinformation that the identification of Magog with Russia is an idea that first sprang up in the 1800s. I quoted Ambrose stating this in the mid fourth century. It was also taught by Proclus in the early fifth century, actually using the name Rus, which is the oldest known usage of that name.

I could go on and on, but those who do not wish to believe the prophetic scriptures will swollow this hook, line, and sinker.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums