Oct 2, 2020
✟607,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is no 'historical orthodox Christian; who says the New Covenant is 'not now'. It has always been the normal Church teaching, that we are participants of the New Covenant.
Even though scriptural evidence proves we are not in the NC now and there is no point when the Bible says the NC was made between the Lord and His faithful peoples.

It is as Jesus says; I thank You Father, for hiding these things from the learned and wise and revealing them to the simple.... Matthew 11:24
And as Daniel 12:4 says: In the last days, only a few will understand....

I have proved that we are not now in the NC, with scriptures.
Until you address those prophesies, your objections are just opinion and are invalid.

Brother, I'm sure you have been here long enough to have seen several people say basically the same thing and refer to Matthew 11:24 and Daniel 12:4, regarding their singular separate unique interpretation of scripture that apparently no one else has ever discerned over the last two thousand years.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,924.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Brother, I'm sure you have been here long enough to have seen several people say basically the same thing and refer to Matthew 11:24 and Daniel 12:4, regarding their singular separate unique interpretation of scripture that apparently no one else has ever discerned over the last two thousand years.
Well then; be that as it may be.
What I have done is point out scriptural truths. Those Words mean what they say: the New Covenant is yet to be cut between Jesus and His faithful people, when they are established as a nation in the holy Land.
Nobody has refuted this truth with any scripture, because there is none.
All I see is opinions, appeals to so called experts from the early expositors until now and pathetic attempts at character assassination.

That Daniel 12:4 and Matthew 11:24 remain true today, is proved by the confusion and inability of the Church to agree on what God has planned for our future. We are told that a few will know.
Who could they be? The ones who promote scriptures, as per the OP of this thread, or the ones who spout their opinions and denigrate the messenger.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,924.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I shall set My Laws in your hearts…. Hebrews 8:10
This verse from the New Testament, is a quote from the O.T. –
Jeremiah 31:31-34…The days are coming when I shall set My Laws within them, writing them on their hearts…

Church teaching says we Christians are now under the New Covenant, the Old is obsolete: Hebrews 8:10-13.
However, it is fairly obvious that this prophecy of how God’s Laws will be set into our hearts has not yet been fulfilled. The great prophecies in Ezekiel chapters 20, 36 and 37 tell us when, how and why this will happen:

Ezekiel 20:39-44 Now, you Israelites, [Scattered among the nations as at present, but now identified as every true Christian person. Romans 9:8] go and serve your idols. But in days to come, I shall punish you for your disobedience to Me and no more will you desecrate My holy Name with your idolatries. But after I have gathered you into the Land of Israel, you will serve Me and the nations will witness it. You will know that I am the Lord, [BEFORE the Return of Jesus, Ezekiel 34:30] when I bring you back to the Land that I swore to give to your forebears and you will despise your old evil ways and follow only My Commandments. You will know that the Lord has done this for you, not for your sake, but for the honor of His holy Name.

Ezekiel 36:1-7…the enemy boasts: The ancient heights of Israel are ours. [the current situation] Therefore the Lord says: The mountains of Israel, now occupied by other peoples and plundered and despoiled by them, so I will act in the heat of My anger against those Edomite peoples who have seized My Land as spoil. [Edom: the descendants of Esau, now identified as the Islamic peoples.] Jeremiah 12:14, Ezekiel 30:2-5

This will be the Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, an event extensively prophesied throughout the Bible – a literal Day of fire from the sun, earthquakes, tsunamis and powerful storms. All of the world will be affected, but the full force of this disaster will hit the Middle East, virtually depopulating the entire area.

These are the great promises of our redemption and the great gathering:

Ezekiel 37:11-14 The Lord said: These bones are the whole people of Israel, [every Christian person] They say: Our bones are dry, [spiritually bereft] our hope is gone [Acts 26:6-7] and we are cut off. [separated from the holy Land] Prophesy, therefore, the Lord God has said: My people, I shall bring you out of your graves, [your dead spiritual condition] I shall put My spirit into you, redeem and purify you, then I shall settle you into your heritage. Ezekiel 30:11-31, Ezekiel 20:34-38

Ezekiel 36:24-28 The Lord says: I am going to take the Israelites from where they are among the nations, I shall assemble them from every location and bring them to their homeland. I shall purify them from everything that defiles them, give them a new heart and put a new spirit within them. I shall place My spirit in My people, they will conform to My statutes and observe My Laws faithfully. THEN they will live in the holy Land that I gave to their forebears, they will be My people and I will be their God.

Isaiah 51:1-2…We Christians belong to the Seed from Abraham. Galatians 3:26-29

So, the sequence of events is: first, the great Day of the Lord’s wrath, next His people are gathered and purified, then they are settled into all of the holy Land. The Lord will make a Covenant of peace and prosperity with them. He demonstrates this by motivating a great army from the North to attack the new nation. Gog from Magog are totally destroyed.

Some years later, Jesus will Return for His Millennium reign.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well then; be that as it may be.
What I have done is point out scriptural truths. Those Words mean what they say: the New Covenant is yet to be cut between Jesus and His faithful people, when they are established as a nation in the holy Land.
Nobody has refuted this truth with any scripture, because there is none.
All I see is opinions, appeals to so called experts from the early expositors until now and pathetic attempts at character assassination.

That Daniel 12:4 and Matthew 11:24 remain true today, is proved by the confusion and inability of the Church to agree on what God has planned for our future. We are told that a few will know.
Who could they be? The ones who promote scriptures, as per the OP of this thread, or the ones who spout their opinions and denigrate the messenger.

I see you have a blog and there's a book you published in 2013, but I'm not finding anything else. No comments or reviews from theologians, Bible teachers, Christian media etc. Why is something so groundbreaking so obscure?

Last edited:
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The New Covenant is not made yet. We just have the future Promise of it.
None of the four things listed in Hebrews 8:10-12 have fully happened yet:
1/ I shall set My Laws in their hearts.
2/ I shall be their God and they will be My people.
3/ They will not teach each other, for all will know the Lord.
4/ I shall pardon their sins and remember their wickedness no more.

The New Covenant will be made between the Lord and His corporate Christian peoples, after the Sixth Seal event has cleared and cleansed all of the holy Land, and all the righteous, faithful Christian peoples will migrate to live there: Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 35:1-10, Romans 9:26

There are verbs Heb 8:10 and 10:16 being spoken in the present tense and future. Which a lot of translations do not translate correctly. Here take a look at the LSV

Heb 8:10 because this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel, after those days, says the LORD, giving My laws into their mind, and I will write them on their hearts, and I will be to them for a God, and they will be to Me for a people;

Have you ever noticed the Writer of Hebrews through God reversed the order.

Heb 10:16 “This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the LORD, giving My laws on their hearts, and I will write them on their minds,”

And what do you make of this verse in respect to the New Covenant?

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

The New Covenant will be made between the Lord and His corporate Christian peoples, after the Sixth Seal event has cleared and cleansed all of the holy Land, and all the righteous, faithful Christian peoples will migrate to live there: Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 35:1-10, Romans 9:26

Ezekiel 34:25 I shall make a Covenant with them for their peace and prosperity....

Isaiah 61:8..... I will grant them a sure reward and make an everlasting Covenant with them.

Isaiah 59:20-21 The Lord will come as a Redeemer to Zion and to those descended from Jacob who repent of their rebellion. This is the Covenant I will make with them: My Spirit will abide with them thru all the following generations.

Jeremiah 32:37-40 I shall gather My people from all the lands where they now live......I will make and everlasting Covenant with them, it will be a joy for Me to do them good.

Ezekiel 37:26 [After the Spiritual regeneration and the rejoining of the tribes] I shall make an everlasting Covenant with them, for their peace and prosperity and their numbers will greatly increase. I will put My Sanctuary in their midst, where it will remain for all time.

Isaiah 33:17-24 Those who live righteously and speak the truth, who do not take bribes, rejecting all evil – they will dwell securely with ample food and water. Psalms 85:12

Your eyes will see a King in his glory and view a Land that stretches into the distance. Numbers 24:15-19, Genesis 15:18

You will call to mind what you once feared. Where are they now? Those barbarous people whose speech you could not understand. Psalms 58:10-11, Psalms 37:8-15, Jeremiah 12:14-16
Look upon Zion, Jerusalem, city of sacred festivals. A secure abode, never again to be moved. Amos 9:13-15

There the Lord will be in His majesty, a peaceful place. A place of broad rivers, but no ships will sail there.
The Lord is our judge and lawgiver. He is our King who will save us
. Zechariah 8:7-8
Your rigging hangs loose, the mast is not secure and your sails are not set. Luke 12:35-36. Then all will take a share in the spoils. Zechariah 9:17

No one living in Zion will get sick and the sins of the people will be pardoned.

Micah 7:18 Who is God like You? You take away our guilt and forgive the sins of the faithful remnant of Your people......
Just wrong. Jesus is the mediator of the new covenant in the here and now.

1 Corinthians 11: 25 In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”…

Note the tense - present, not future.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Ezekiel 34:25 I shall make a Covenant with them for their peace and prosperity....

Isaiah 61:8..... I will grant them a sure reward and make an everlasting Covenant with them.

Isaiah 59:20-21 The Lord will come as a Redeemer to Zion and to those descended from Jacob who repent of their rebellion. This is the Covenant I will make with them: My Spirit will abide with them thru all the following generations.

Jeremiah 32:37-40 I shall gather My people from all the lands where they now live......I will make and everlasting Covenant with them, it will be a joy for Me to do them good.

Ezekiel 37:26 [After the Spiritual regeneration and the rejoining of the tribes] I shall make an everlasting Covenant with them, for their peace and prosperity and their numbers will greatly increase. I will put My Sanctuary in their midst, where it will remain for all time.

Isaiah 33:17-24 Those who live righteously and speak the truth, who do not take bribes, rejecting all evil – they will dwell securely with ample food and water. Psalms 85:12

Your eyes will see a King in his glory and view a Land that stretches into the distance. Numbers 24:15-19, Genesis 15:18

You will call to mind what you once feared. Where are they now? Those barbarous people whose speech you could not understand. Psalms 58:10-11, Psalms 37:8-15, Jeremiah 12:14-16
Look upon Zion, Jerusalem, city of sacred festivals. A secure abode, never again to be moved. Amos 9:13-15

There the Lord will be in His majesty, a peaceful place. A place of broad rivers, but no ships will sail there.
Your rigging hangs loose, the mast is not secure and your sails are not set. Luke 12:35-36. Then all will take a share in the spoils. Zechariah 9:17

No one living in Zion will get sick and the sins of the people will be pardoned.

Micah 7:18 Who is God like You? You take away our guilt and forgive the sins of the faithful remnant of Your people......
Are you familiar with the terminology of “already and not yet”. It comes from Herman Ridderbos.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am sorry to say , you have now crossed into deception. I will pray you repent from such teachings. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see you have a blog and there's a book you published in 2013, but I'm not finding anything else. No comments or reviews from theologians, Bible teachers, Christian media etc. Why is something so groundbreaking so obscure?

Because its originator agrees that he is a one-man cult.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What is amazing is how people are locked into Church doctrines
I'm not convinced of your understanding of the term "church doctrines". Tenets like the fulfillment of the New Covenant and that Jesus is God, and that Jesus defeated death on the Cross are more than just "church doctrines".......they're foundations of our entire Christian faith.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Church teaching that the New Covenant is now, is wrong and contradicts many scriptt it will be between the Lord and His people as a group, the 'nation' who bear the proper fruit. Matthew 21:43

This will happen soon after all the holy Land is cleared and cleansed by the Lord, on His terrible Day of fiery wrath. Zephaniah 1:1-18, Isaiah 30:29-30, 2 peter 3:7, Revelation 6:12-17, +

Nope. You are wrong. How can you be saved without a covenant? :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,924.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Because God wants it that way.
Why does the presentation of the Words of prophecy require reviews?
And what do you make of this verse in respect to the New Covenant?

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
This refers to our salvation, not to the new Covenant.
Just wrong. Jesus is the mediator of the new covenant in the here and now.

1 Corinthians 11: 25 In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”…
Note the tense - present, not future.
Jesus is the Mediator of a new Covenant, to be made when His people are together in the holy Land.
His Blood is His side of this agreement, ours still awaits to happen.

Present tense in Bible Prophecy, simply mean that the fulfillment of that prophecy is sure.
Are you familiar with the terminology of “already and not yet”. It comes from Herman Ridderbos.
Actually it comes from Clarence Larkin.
The new Covenant is not 'already', as none of the results of it, Hebrews 8:10-12, have fully come to pass.
I am sorry to say , you have now crossed into deception. I will pray you repent from such teachings. Be blessed.
Thanks Maria. At least you don't want to tar and feather me.
Unless you can prove me wrong, I won't be doing any repenting.
Because its originator agrees that he is a one-man cult.
I am happy with that, although 'cult' has unpleasant connotations.
My task is to present the Prophetic Word as it is Written. That I am lonely amid a sea of false teachings and fanciful beliefs, can be hard for me, but the Bible Prophets will be vindicated.
We are all soon; in for dramatic times. Huge changes are coming and to be clueless about it all, is not how we should be. 1 Thessalonians 5:4-11

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the Mediator of a new Covenant, to be made when His people are together in the holy Land.
His Blood is His side of this agreement, ours still awaits to happen.
That is only true If you're speaking for yourself.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.