Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Sins cannot be pardoned before they are committed.

Explain how or better still, why: the Lord forgives sins as they are committed.
This idea leads to the heresy of sin as much as you like, if you are a Christian it doesn't matter, they are automatically forgiven.
Illogical, unworkable and totally unscriptural. Also is an oxymoron.

How soon you forget.

1 John 1 NASB
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous, so that He will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Hebrews 10 NASB
26 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, I separate the Body of Christ from Israel.

The body of Christ is saved without any covenant. We have salvation from our sins the moment we believe 1 corinthians 15:1-4.

The new covenant that was promised to Israel will grant them salvation from their sins in a future date when Christ returns for them (acts 3:19-21, romans 11:27). In this, I agree with Keras.

His Blood is the Blood of the New Covenant. (Matthew 26:28)

No New Covenant means no Blood of the New Covenant.

Thus no forgiveness of sins.

Read 'em again.

Ephesians 1:7
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Colossians 1:14
In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
His Blood is the Blood of the New Covenant. (Matthew 26:28)

No New Covenant means no Blood of the New Covenant.

Thus no forgiveness of sins.

Read 'em again.

Ephesians 1:7
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Colossians 1:14
In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

the blood saved us in the body of Christ yes

The blood also allow the new covenant with Israel

but it does not follow that the blood is the new covenant

think of the cross as accomplishing many different outcomes

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the blood saved us in the body of Christ yes

The blood also allow the new covenant with Israel

but it does not follow that the blood is the new covenant

think of the cross as accomplishing many different outcomes

The Blood of the New Covenant saved us by redemption through the forgiveness of sins when we were outside of Christ, and added us to the Body of Christ i.e. the Church.

Paste the quote where I said that the blood is the new covenant.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Blood of the New Covenant saved us by redemption through the forgiveness of sins when we were outside of Christ, and added us to the Body of Christ i.e. the Church.

Paste the quote where I said that the blood is the new covenant.

your first 2 paragraphs

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The new covenant is in Christ. In Christ there are the commandments, believers are in Christ, and in the new covenant through Christ's redemption, with Christ's own blood, and they are led to obedience with the commandments in their heart, where the Spirit is dwelling in them. As not all who say they are Christian are all really believers, those do not all have this. The reality is with relationship with Christ, relationship with God through Christ.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jeremiah 9:23-24 These are the words of the Lord; Let not the wise boast of their wisdom, nor the brave of their bravery. Let not the wealthy boast of their wealth, but if anyone must boast, let them boast of this – that they understand and acknowledge Me. For I am the Lord God, I show unfailing love. I do justice and right on the earth. In this I take pleasure.
Words to live by. This is why to love God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if the nation Israel is meant to be the recipient of the New Covenant (Hebrews 8:8)...

and currently, the nation Israel has fallen in the eyes of God, and through that fall, salvation has come to the rest of us (Romans 11:11)...

Why do people find it strange to hear that the rest of us are saved without that same New Covenant?

Why must they insist that we in the Body of Christ must have taken over as recipients of something that was not directed to us in the first place?

Hope that argument is clear?
It is you who says it wasn't directed to us in the first place. But, Paul tells us that there were mysteries in the Old Testament revealed in the New Testament. That is what you don't understand. It may not be clear from the Old Testament prophecies themselves, but the promises God made to Abraham were not to his natural descendants but rather to Jesus Christ (Gal 3:16) and those who belong to Christ (Gal 3:29).

Ephesians 3:1For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

The fact that Gentile believers would be fellowheirs of the promises and covenants God made with Abraham and Israel was a mystery in Old Testament times, but was revealed to Paul and the other New Testament writers. Why is this still a mystery to you?

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[STAFF EDITED DELETED QUOTE] Those things go hand in hand. Without the blood of the New Covenant (the blood of Christ) there is no Body of Christ. The New Covenant is all about salvation through the shed blood of Jesus Christ and faith in Him and what He did for us. You must have no discernment whatsoever in order to not recognize that.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
[STAFF EDITED DELETED QUOTE]

The early church defenders of the true faith disagree with you.

Clement of Alexandria, Stromata, Book VI, Chapter V
He made a new covenant with us; for what belonged to the Greeks and Jews is old. But we, who worship Him in a new way, in the third form, are Christians.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I stated

The blood paved the way for the Body of Christ I agree.

God was clearly , by his own initiative , was bringing us into relationship ( cov relationship) with himself like he has always done through blood.

[ The blood also allow the New Covenant with Israel, I agree.]

Amen , his blood is shed for the whole world.

[ But it does not follow that the Body of Christ is also under the New Covenant.]

What cov are we under then? His blood is the only thing that cleanses, and brings us into right relationship with himself.

[ You can think of the cross as allowing many different outcomes, it is THAT powerful.]

There is only one outcome of Jesus redemptive blood of his new covenant...and that is to restore all things and all peoples to glory like it was from the foundation of the world.

We will all experience this blessing at his appearing in glory a second time.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
MOD HAT ON

The topic of the New Covenant not being in effect since the cross is unorthodox theology.

Statement of faith:

Unorthodox Christian theology may only be discussed in the Controversial Christian Theology forum. These unorthodox topics do not directly oppose the Nicene Creed, but are not considered to be orthodox on CF. These unorthodox topics may not contradict the Nicene Creed.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.