Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Did you read the original post, or any of the previous replies?

the new covenant is between God & Israel, who is the church/ecclesia.

Jeremiah 31:31-33

The new covenant is with Israel, hence God saying “not according to the covenant I made with THEIR fathers”.
The New Covenant is for all who call upon the name of Yeshua, as both Jews and Gentiles are saved by Him!

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The New Covenant is for all who call upon the name of Yeshua, as both Jews and Gentiles are saved by Him!

YHWH's new covenant is with Israel, not Jews, not Gentiles.

(CLV) Hb 8:10
"For this is the covenant which I shall be covenanting with the house of Israel after those days," the Lord is saying: "Imparting My laws to their comprehension, On their hearts, also, shall I be inscribing them, And I shall be to them for a God, And they shall be to Me for a people.

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That contradicts scripture.

"For this is the covenant which I shall be covenanting with the house of Israel after those days," the Lord is saying: "Imparting My laws to their comprehension, On their hearts, also, shall I be inscribing them, And I shall be to them for a God, And they shall be to Me for a people.
refers to the Second Coming Event, as at THAT time, Israel shall accept Jesus as their Lord and became real Israel of the Spirit, not of the flesh!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
YHWH's new covenant is with Israel, not Jews, not Gentiles.

What is the NT Church?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
refers to the Second Coming Event, as at THAT time, Israel shall accept Jesus as their Lord and became real Israel of the Spirit, not of the flesh!

So we're still under the covenant with Moses?

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Actually its the saved Jews, the so call spiritual Jews, that join the Church!

Not quite.

Believing Jews, the disciples, were the original body of Christ and Church. Gentiles joined the body of Christ/Church that these Jewish believers started which of course was first initiated by Christ himself whom they followed which made them the body and Church of Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
**Disclaimer: Gentiles who believe on the Messiah are grafted into the olive tree, which is Israel - Romans 11. Also, Gentiles who believe on the Messiah are now fellow citizens with God’s people, Israel - Ephesians 2:19. Gentiles who believe in the Messiah are now Israel, and are partakers of the covenant given only to Israel**​

——————

According to the prophet Jeremiah, the new covenant is only with Israel

The original covenant was also only made with Israel, according to Jeremiah.

Notice that he did not mention any other nation - he only mentioned Israel(and Judah). He did not say “the house of America”, “the house of Rome”, “the house of Greece” etc

People on here (and in real life) love to say “the old covenant was given only to Israel”, as if the new covenant was not given only to Israel, too.

By their logic, they exclude themselves from the new covenant by default, as the new covenant is only with Israel.

My question is: what covenant are these Gentiles that exclude themselves from Israel and her covenants a part of ?

Did any of the other prophets foretell of another covenant aside from the new covenant that’s only with Israel? If so, what is the covenant, and where is it in the Scriptures?
New Covenant = New Israel

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You want to replace the covenant promises made to Abraham, with covenant promises made to Israel. God made promises To Abraham to be made our father, not Israel.
Did you mean to quote me? If so, where did I say Israel was our father?

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Did you mean to quote me?
No if I had I would have
If so, where did I say Israel was our father?
We must be grafted into Israel to become children of promise We do not need to be graft into Israel. All men have promise in Abraham through Christ.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No if I had I would have

We must be grafted into Israel to become children of promise We do not need to be graft into Israel. All men have promise in Abraham through Christ.
I didn’t say we must be, we ARE grafted in.

The new covenant is with Israel only

Hebrews 8:8-10

we can’t be in the new covenant if we are not Israel, which is part of us being in Messiah.

We are grafted into Israel through Messiah, and we join God’s people, which is Israel, and are partakers of the new covenant, made only with Israel, which is what this thread is about.

we can’t say that we are Abraham’s seed, and part of the new covenant, and exclude ourselves from Israel.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0