Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If I was to use human reasoning, I would suppose that the only way God could have avoided sin being a possibility was to make us robots. The ironic thing is, calvinists basically claim he did make us robots, which makes God the only sinner. If God was really controlling everything, it seems pretty obvious to anyone who really considers it, that his perfect will would always be done and this world to be paradise.
OP fail. Try again.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Lol, since you haven't proven me wrong, why should I try using human reasoning, to prove what scripture has already proven?
You make a straw man claim.

OP fail.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, either God is sovereign over all, or He’s not. You seem to believe that He’s not, so I doubt I can convince you with scripture.
No, but you have the wrong idea about what sovereign means. It merely means he's the supreme ruler, not that he chooses to control everything that goes on. Jesus explicitly said that Satan was the prince of this world. And in Genesis man is given dominion over this world. The Bible simply does not portray an all controlling God.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No, but you have the wrong idea about what sovereign means. It merely means he's the supreme ruler, not that he chooses to control everything that goes on. Jesus explicitly said that Satan was the prince of this world. And in Genesis man is given dominion over this world. The Bible simply does not portray an all controlling God.
Okay. So are you saying that there are certain acts of men that God is powerless over?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Okay. So are you saying that there are certain acts of men that God is powerless over?
How did you even get that idea from @renniks post???

His post had nothing to do with your idea of powerlessness.

• Agree
Reactions: renniks
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
How did you even get that idea from @renniks post???

His post had nothing to do with your idea of powerlessness.
Where he said “not that he chooses to control everything that goes on.“ Plus, other answers. Thanks for asking. So I’ll wait for his answer.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Where he said “not that he chooses to control everything that goes on.“
Again, THIS has nothing to do with powerlessness at all.
Rather, if anything, ever greater realization for men of His Power, and His Choice, His Decision, His Self-Control (not giving in to man's ways or ideas at all).

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Again, THIS has nothing to do with powerlessness at all.
Rather, if anything, ever greater realization for men of His Power, and His Choice, His Decision, His Self-Control (not giving in to man's ways or ideas at all).
The question is still unanswered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Okay. Then He’s in control of all things. And since He’s omniscient, omnipotent, and omniscient, then He’s ordained all things that come to pass.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You keep trying to twist what I said. Men are free to make free will choices because God gave them that freedom. God chooses not to intervene in everything. Calvinism true to make God all about his power. God doesn't have to use his power.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Okay. Then He’s in control of all things. And since He’s omniscient, omnipotent, and omniscient, then He’s ordained all things that come to pass.
You keep trying to twist what I said.

Sorry to see.... defending a doctrine that is questionable instead of sticking with God's Plan and Purpose in Scripture as He Clearly Reveals even to "little children" ....

• Agree
Reactions: renniks
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You keep trying to twist what I said. Men are free to make free will choices because God gave them that freedom. God chooses not to intervene in everything. Calvinism true to make God all about his power. God doesn't have to use his power.
Thanks. That’s clearer. So then God could intervene, but chooses not to sometimes, correct?

Upvote 0