United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
FreeGrace2 said:
Gr8grace said:
"Please show us that unbelievers have "some common operations of the Spirit."

But not all hear the gospel. So that doesn't really answer the question.

How is this "common grace" and what's the point, in Calvinist thinking?

Did you miss the last line, where I asked a question?

I pointed out that your "example" doesn't reach all people. So, please explain how your "exampes" qualify as common grace to unbelievers.
“May”. Read the article again.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
How about reading post #88 again and responding to it. Instead of dodging the very discussion your OP claimed to want.
Sorry, but I don’t respond to goads. If you’d like to be civil, then I will respond.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry, but I don’t respond to goads. If you’d like to be civil, then I will respond.
How was I goading? I was pointing out your own OP about having a discussion, which is what I was trying to do.

Is presenting biblical facts now considered goading? Or is it being "uncivil"?

But I know that getting any information from you seems futile. Even though your OP seemed to encourage a discussion. At least you have cleared all that up.

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I would say that there is a significant difference between actively causing and merely allowing. If you cause something to happen, you do not merely allow it to happen. If you allow something to happen, you do not actively cause it to happen.

In God, Who is infinitely multi-dimensional, these appear to converge. But without Him impinging on our will within contingent constraints.

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There’s no one arguing that He takes responsibility for sinful actions. But His actions and inactions are still Him being in control of everything.

Take the fall for example. There were multiple things God could have done to prevent it, and there were things that God did so that it would happen.

Complete control and ordained.

To control, and to have-under-control or ordain, are different.

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
... And since He’s omniscient, omnipotent, and omniscient, then He’s ordained all things that come to pass.

Given the dimension of time, while He is in a far country, "impotence" or "omnipotence" ought to become mind-boggling concepts. Did He not leave us to intercede meanwhile?

Upvote 0