The Nation’s Largest Farmers Market: FarmMatch Allows You to Shop Online at Local Farms in Your Area

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Max Kane was diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease after years of eating the standard American diet high in salt, fat, and sugar. While it’s not clear whether his poor diet brought about this autoimmune disease, what is clear was things changed when he began working with his dietitian.

Kane’s health flourished, he gained 50 lbs. of lean-muscle mass, and the catalyst was a new eating program consisting solely of foods grown and made on farms in his area.

Along with his diet and health, Kane’s attitude changed as well, and he took up the torch as a proud member of the farm-to-table, small farm movement by creating FarmMatch.com—the simplest tool desirable for those looking to support small farmers in their area, and to increase the quality of the contents of their fridge.

Continued below.
The Nation’s Largest Farmers Market: FarmMatch Allows You to Shop Online at Local Farms in Your Area

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Max Kane was diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease after years of eating the standard American diet high in salt, fat, and sugar. While it’s not clear whether his poor diet brought about this autoimmune disease, what is clear was things changed when he began working with his dietitian.

Kane’s health flourished, he gained 50 lbs. of lean-muscle mass, and the catalyst was a new eating program consisting solely of foods grown and made on farms in his area.

Along with his diet and health, Kane’s attitude changed as well, and he took up the torch as a proud member of the farm-to-table, small farm movement by creating FarmMatch.com—the simplest tool desirable for those looking to support small farmers in their area, and to increase the quality of the contents of their fridge.

Continued below.

Someday when we can afford it, we hope to buy into two local organic farms out here. Local farmers already bring their produce into church for distribution. We get free ranged eggs from a parishioner as well

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Someday when we can afford it, we hope to buy into two local organic farms out here. Local farmers already bring their produce into church for distribution. We get free ranged eggs from a parishioner as well
That would be fantastic. There is nothing better than organic.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That would be fantastic. There is nothing better than organic.

I know and we love to help them but even partial ownership are highly expensive. Cheaper in the fall but wouldn't you know, then we tend not to have enough to buy in. By spring we find we need to buy something that broke. This year it was our washer and a brown out took out the electronics for our stove.

So we'll try next year pending no "surprise" breakages.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know and we love to help them but even partial ownership are highly expensive. Cheaper in the fall but wouldn't you know, then we tend not to have enough to buy in. By spring we find we need to buy something that broke. This year it was our washer and a brown out took out the electronics for our stove.

Thanks prayers are always welcome.

He has already answer some. Money from tax refund work paid for the stove and congress just passed a stimulus that will pay for that washer. We also bought a tiny mini washer for "little jobs" with that same refund. At the time we never suspected we need it but it will get us through till that stimulus check comes in. We may not be able to afford organic but with prayers all things are possible.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks prayers are always welcome.

He has already answer some. Money from tax refund work paid for the stove and congress just passed a stimulus that will pay for that washer. We also bought a tiny mini washer for "little jobs" with that same refund. At the time we never suspected we need it but it will get us through till that stimulus check comes in. We may not be able to afford organic but with prayers all things are possible.
Amen! Praying God helps you achieve your goals! :)

• Agree
Reactions: Joyous Song
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

See if they offer sweat equity. Some farms are very generous to volunteers. You’d come once a month and leave with produce. :)

~bella

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
See if they offer sweat equity. Some farms are very generous to volunteers. You’d come once a month and leave with produce. :)

~bella

The closest they have is pick your own (strawberry). Still I believe there is a reason we cannot yet afford to buy in. The fat that locals give so much suggest as much. So as I said, it will come when it comes. Likely when both my daughters are healed enough to eat all those vegetables and we can buy in with my son and his wife. I suspect, next year is likely.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The closest they have is pick your own (strawberry). Still I believe there is a reason we cannot yet afford to buy in. The fat that locals give so much suggest as much. So as I said, it will come when it comes. Likely when both my daughters are healed enough to eat all those vegetables and we can buy in with my son and his wife. I suspect, next year is likely.

Does your area have community gardens? That’s another option and more cost effective. The other is gardener overflow. Most have more than enough and would pass it on or part with it for a small fee.

Seconds are another option. Every farm has them. They’re perfect for canning and preserving.

Prices aren’t standardized. They’re dependent on the demographic. They charge what they’re willing to pay. Shopping around is best.

~bella

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does your area have community gardens? That’s another option and more cost effective. The other is gardener overflow. Most have more than enough and would pass it on or part with it for a small fee.

Seconds are another option. Every farm has them. They’re perfect for canning and preserving.

Prices aren’t standardized. They’re dependent on the demographic. They charge what they’re willing to pay. Shopping around is best.

~bella

We live in the boon docks. Thus local bring what they farm into church in the fall for people to take. community gardens tend to be city gardens. As for overflow, sometimes a local farmer lets us glean from his corn field. That also comes in the fall but yes we have that out here as well.

As for prices, we only have two organic farms out here. Price are pretty set because of lk of competition. Still we can buy organic food from Wagmens but would love to support those two farms. As said things might change next year..

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums