In 2020, COVID conspiracy theorist convinces two men to help "rebuild the kingdom of Christ" in South Pacific; the two were lost at sea

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

They planned to ‘ride out the end of the world.’ They wound up lost at sea

Soon after his 20th birthday, Isaac Danian disappeared from his home in Grand Rapids, Michigan, in early September 2020, leaving behind a note for his younger siblings that warned them “do not get the vaccine” or “you won’t make it to heaven.”

His parents, Abigail and John Danian, told CNN that their son had grown paranoid during the pandemic. They say he started to believe that the Covid-19 vaccine was the government’s way of controlling the population, and that the Covid test was just as dangerous. Before he left home, his parents say, their son told them to sell all their belongings and move into a bunker.

Isaac’s parents didn’t know at the time that before their son had left he had started following a so-called guru online named Matthew Mellow, who went by the name Mortekai Eleazar on social media. On his YouTube channel Mellow spread Covid misinformation, delivering sermons about what he says was Satan’s plan to destroy society and false claims about the Covid-19 vaccine, which he called the “mark of the beast.”

Mellow had posted a recruitment video online, seeking “able bodied men” to sail with him from Hawaii to the South Pacific where Covid hadn’t taken hold. In his video he suggested society was doomed.

Mellow it turns out had arranged for a couple of boat captains to sail him and his recruits to the South Pacific. Danian and a second man, Shukree Abdul-Rashed, from Rochester, New York, would go in captain Mike Schmidt’s boat, while Mellow left days later in another boat with another captain.

“They actually had a really good time these two, caught a lot of fish,” Schmidt told CNN. At times, Schmidt says, the weather was challenging and the seas dangerous.

[The two threatened to jump overboard when they approached Samoa, where they would have had to take a COVID test to enter.] Schmidt says he decided to head about 300 nautical miles away to the island of Wallis, a French territory between Hawaii and New Zealand. That’s when the trip took a dark turn. After Schmidt alerted authorities about their arrival so they could anchor their boat, he told CNN, Danian and Abdul-Rashed suddenly jumped overboard.

According to a French police report obtained by CNN, Schmidt was interrogated and authorities confiscated his 9-millimeter pistol, laptop and Garmin GPS device from the boat. Schmidt was eventually cleared in the investigation.

Just last week, the Danians received a letter from French authorities alerting them they were officially closing the investigation into his disappearance.

“The only determination that they could make was that both Isaac and Shukree had both jumped into the ocean and there were no remains found,” Abigail Danian told CNN.

As far as Mellow’s whereabouts, Wolman spoke with him several months after the men disappeared. The two met on an island in French Polynesia where Wolman says Mellow was living with his mother [passing out antivaccination leaflets to the locals].

“He does not have any sense of responsibility for what happened to them,” Wolman said. “He refers to them as his brothers, saying they died in God’s good graces.”

• Haha
Reactions: Nithavela

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:) oh praise God if I didn't know Christ nor knew about the prophet 2016 and then June 2019 the lord told him a pandemic was coming world wide and the unscrupulous (Gods word) would take advantage of it. So if I didn't have Christ everything the left very few on the right said about it (most just a lie as in conspiracy theories) I would have been very scared. To be told take it or you lost your job and so many other things... so many did. Praise GOD many got their jobs back. God always keeps His word. To His glory and praise not me.. many of us never took the shot nor got covid.

People say Jesus is nothing more then a conspiracy theory and never rose from the grave. 2 stories one I was there blind woman preacher came for the week and 500 people 1/2 came with that blind woman and all witnessed this preacher saying in JESUS name get new eyes. She screamed cried.. praise GOD glory to Jesus. 1960's I believe 5000 witnessed a baby no eyes club feet can't talk tongue hanging out... same thing in JESUS name.

So if someone does not seek ask dig..sometimes a simple google search will find nothing. One I did many years ago was about "Rapture/caught up" where I found its haha on the World wide web a hymn writer that wrote about Jesus coming before the great tribulation. A man that is gone now also found those had a show on TBN. This hymn writer did this 300-400ad. See some believer pre tribulation talk started in1830. Still when people debate about this.. oddly can't find it. So yeah.. conspiracy theories for me the left really went crazy and scared so many people. The right was not much better. No offense.

Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You might want to proofread your post. Its like the words were put in a blender.
Why does the subject of prophecy draw out the most unhinged people?
I suppose we all want to know the future. Who wouldn't?
And we all could use more money.
And we all would like quick solutions to our health challenges instead of stopping our bad habits that are causing most of them.
So there you have it: Scammers and shysters see vulnerabilities and exploit them and these 3 are the big ones. So if they promise these to you if you give them money (so you will be "blessed") the public is more likely to give money because these are exactly what they want.

Upvote 0