Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 5:32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Dear Minister Monardo,
This is one of my favorite verses. Christ and the church are a GREAT mystery and it is truly hidden in scripture, both Old and New Testaments. In fact, it is so well hidden, that "Christ and the church" is the only mystery that is referred to as "great".

I have written a paper that discusses the great mystery of Christ and His church, but it is too long to post on the forum.

The subject of this thread about the marriage relationship of Christ and the church is a small part of the great mystery. If a believer can accept the truth of the marriage relationship, it should help unlock more of the great mystery.

You are the first person to ever mention that verse to me on the forum.
Joe

Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Dear Minister Monardo,
I don't disagree with you, but "obedience" wasn't the point I was making from the verse.

Here is the spiritual meaning of "knew":

Mat 1:25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Christ's words are spirit and the spiritual meaning of "knew" in this context is referring to intimate relations. And in Mat 7:23, it means the same thing and is a reference to the marriage analogy of Christ saving His First-Fruits.
Joe
I understood your point clearly Joe, that marital intimacy is often referred to as "he knew his wife".
Matthew 7:21-27 speaks to how each and every individual will be judged. You chose that
as a starting point to write a very thorough and edifying post on the bride of Christ. Even so,
a bride is commanded to be obedient to her husband. You say that we are only obedient "in
Christ". Therefore, if we have wronged a brother and refuse to repent, we are being disobedient
to what we have been commanded, and not in Christ until we make this right.

Matthew 5:
Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother
has something against you,

24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother,
and then come and offer your gift.

To be in Christ is to be a functioning part of his body, the church. And yet, based on Matt. 7:21-27,
we are all judged individually. No one is going to get away with saying "but Lord I went to a church
where demons were cast out, and many wonders were performed". The intimacy you speak of is
personal, while at the same time it is expressed outwardly(shed abroad) to the beloved brethren.

John 13:35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You are the first person to ever mention that verse to me on the forum.
I noticed that Ephesians 5 was not included in your post! It is one of the most powerful passages
Paul ever wrote, and often avoided because inevitably the husband-wife dynamic comes under
scrutiny! There is one other "great mystery" spoken of by Paul:

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.

Upvote 0

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In The New Jerusalem described in Revelation where we will live and reign with Him forever.

Dear Maria,
The New Jerusalem is a spiritual symbol which represents the bride of Christ/the Elect/the Chosen etc. etc. We will never live in a physical structure after we are resurrected to life. Heaven with streets of gold and a pearly gate is also a spiritual symbol. It is not literal. Christ uses the physical to describe the spiritual. The spiritual happens within us, between our ears so to speak. All of Revelation is written in this manner.

Also, Christ's reign will come to an end when He defeats the last enemy (death) and delivers up the Kingdom of Heaven to His Father. It happens at the end of the final age (the next age). Then God will be "all in all":

1 Cor 15:20-28 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the consummation, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Joe

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also, Christ's reign will come to an end when He defeats the last enemy (death) and delivers up the Kingdom of Heaven to His Father. It happens at the end of the final age (the next age). Then God will be "all in all":
Sorry this whole statement does not seem right. Thanks for engaging!

Upvote 0

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m actually in a discussion right now with a person who claims that the people in Matthew 7:21 “were trying to be justified by their self effort”. Poor guy fell so far off the mark on that one.

Dear BNR32FAN,
The person you are having the discussion with is right. The believers who "work lawlessness" are not under faith but remain under Law. Carnal mankind prefers the Old Wine after first tasting the New Wine. Because of this spiritual truth, we ALL return to works for our salvation. The parable of the Ten Virgins also teaches this truth. Once an unbeliever receives the Early Rain of the Spirit (Paul's Damascus Road baptism), we are called out and saved. But because we are left spiritually blind and carnally minded, we quickly "fall away" and come under Satan's deception. Falling away is the only sin that leads to death. It is a return to "works". That is why the 5 Foolish Virgins were unable to continue to meet the Bride Groom. They too returned to "works' and remained under the Law. It is only after a fallen away believer receives the Latter Rain of the Spirit that they come out from under the Law and are eternally saved. The teaching of the Woman caught in Adultery also teaches this truth.
Joe

Upvote 0

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry this whole statement does not seem right. Thanks for engaging!

Dear Maria,
Maybe it doesn't "seem" right but that is what 1Cor 15:20-28 teaches.

This verse below also teaches it but it is commonly mis-translated. Here is a correct translation:

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign to the ages of the ages.

Christ reigns for the last two ages of time - this age and the next age. Once Christ has completed His work and mankind is saved, the "ages" will come to an end. There will be no need for Christ's reign to continue. He will have completed the mission the Father gave Him:

1John 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

That is what 1Cor 15:20-28 and Rev 11:15 are saying.
Joe

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come.
That 'bride' misconception by humans is a result of Christianity setting aside the Kingdom for instead the governance and theology of man. Jesus does not know these who follow that thinking, for they are not of the Kingdom. Bride is the Kingdom He earned by doing the will of the Father. We of the Kingdom, not man's religion are the guests at the wedding feast. So easy to follow a different path when the Kingdom of God is replaced by the substitute kingdom created by man they claim represents God. That simple twist of thought by the Adversary has sent man off in the Adversary's direction for millennia. You will notice the Adversary did not have to lie to misdirect us but simply eliminate the Gospel of the Kingdom that Jesus said he came to teach, while man replaced it with another.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear BNR32FAN,
The person you are having the discussion with is right. The believers who "work lawlessness" are not under faith but remain under Law. Carnal mankind prefers the Old Wine after first tasting the New Wine. Because of this spiritual truth, we ALL return to works for our salvation. The parable of the Ten Virgins also teaches this truth. Once an unbeliever receives the Early Rain of the Spirit (Paul's Damascus Road baptism), we are called out and saved. But because we are left spiritually blind and carnally minded, we quickly "fall away" and come under Satan's deception. Falling away is the only sin that leads to death. It is a return to "works". That is why the 5 Foolish Virgins were unable to continue to meet the Bride Groom. They too returned to "works' and remained under the Law. It is only after a fallen away believer receives the Latter Rain of the Spirit that they come out from under the Law and are eternally saved. The teaching of the Woman caught in Adultery also teaches this truth.
Joe

I disagree, the context of the message is towards false prophets. The prophesying, casting out demons, and miracles were outward deceptions of their true inward nature. This situation reminds me of a Steve Martin movie called Leap of Faith where Steve Martin plays the role of a scam artist preacher who swindles money out of people by performing fake miracles. He was a liar, a cheat, and a thief, and an atheist. I believe these are the type of people Jesus is referring to. In some ways they are similar to the Pharisees who outwardly appeared to be righteous and holy but inwardly they were heartless, cruel and selfish.

Upvote 0

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That 'bride' misconception by humans is a result of Christianity setting aside the Kingdom for instead the governance and theology of man. Jesus does not know these who follow that thinking, for they are not of the Kingdom. Bride is the Kingdom He earned by doing the will of the Father. We of the Kingdom, not man's religion are the guests at the wedding feast. So easy to follow a different path when the Kingdom of God is replaced by the substitute kingdom created by man they claim represents God. That simple twist of thought by the Adversary has sent man off in the Adversary's direction for millennia. You will notice the Adversary did not have to lie to misdirect us but simply eliminate the Gospel of the Kingdom that Jesus said he came to teach, while man replaced it with another.

Dear timothyu,
I agree with some of what you said but other parts I really couldn't follow too well.

I know this though:
Satan deceives the whole world and his deceptions are so powerful that even the VERY Elect are close to being deceived but Christ will not allow it. So when do we come out from Satan's deceptions? When are the tares removed and burned (judged)? When do we wake up from our slumber at midnight? We come out from his deceptions when we use the extra flash of Oil given to us (if we are chosen). It is the time of the Latter Rain/Baptism of the Holy Spirit. That is the "one baptism" which the Apostles received on the Day of Pentecost in the upper room and the baptism Paul received after being "in bed" for 3 days in Damascus. But before the time of the Latter Rain, we are deceived by Satan and our last state is made worst than the first. We become a Man of Sin.
Joe

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Satan deceives the whole world and his deceptions are so powerful that even the VERY Elect are close to being deceived but Christ will not allow it.
Especially when the religion is supposed to be the pillar of truth. That is like folks who believe everything their side of government says. Anything that leads away from the Gospel of the Kingdom is anti-Christ.

So when do we come out from Satan's deceptions?
When we replace the self serving religion and will of man with the Kingdom of God. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will (not man's) be done in earth... Both man and the Adversary that focus on this world and it's ways rather than those of the Kingdom, are doomed. Jesus never knew you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I disagree, the context of the message is towards false prophets. The prophesying, casting out demons, and miracles were outward deceptions of their true inward nature. This situation reminds me of a Steve Martin movie called Leap of Faith where Steve Martin plays the role of a scam artist preacher who swindles money out of people by performing fake miracles. He was a liar, a cheat, and a thief, and an atheist. I believe these are the type of people Jesus is referring to. In some ways they are similar to the Pharisees who outwardly appeared to be righteous and holy but inwardly they were heartless, cruel and selfish.

Dear BNR32FAN,
The people you described are not Christians and have not received the Early Rain of the Spirit. In other words, they have not been "called out from the world". The believers in the verse are believers who have received the Early Rain but are still under Satan's deceptions. The reason they are rejected is because they are still under Law. They are combining their own "works" with "faith". That is the only sin that leads to death.

Paul's conversion is the pattern we all will follow to be saved. Here is a quick summary of the pattern Paul laid down:

1Tim 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

In order to understand this “pattern” (type), we must spiritually understand the steps of Paul’s conversion as recorded for us in Acts 9:3-19.

This first set of verses show Paul’s time of being Called Out from the world. This is the Early Rain of the Spirit.

Acts 9:3-9 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. 6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. 7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man. 8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus. 9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.

These first events which happened to Paul symbolize the process that we all must go through to be “called out from the world” (enter the Church).

When an individual is Called Out from the world to follow Christ, Christ will come to them suddenly and without invitation. We do not have the free will ability to choose Christ as is commonly taught. If Christ does come to us in the present age, it will be a spiritual event that happens within us (Luke 17:21). Christ cannot be seen with human eyes.

When Christ spiritually comes to an unbeliever and gives them the Holy Spirit, they immediately fall to the earth just as Paul did. The new believer has risen up out of the sea of humanity to dwell upon the earth. The “earth” symbolizes the new believer’s carnality which still remains.

Since the new believer is still carnal and spiritually blind, they cannot recognize the “voice” that calls to them. They must rely on being told who the voice is. After being told that the voice is the voice of Jesus, Paul answers back to Christ as “Lord”. Since scripture says that no one can call Jesus “Lord” but by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (1Cor 12:3), we know that this event happening to Paul is the Early Rain of the Spirit (1Cor 12:3). Paul calls Him “Lord” but lacks the ability to know Him for himself. Christ remains hidden from Paul’s understanding, just as He remains hidden to all who experience the Early Rain of the Spirit.
Paul then asks Christ “what wilt thou have me to do”? Because Paul remains carnally minded, he believes that he must “do something” to earn the Lord’s favor. The Lord answers him by saying to arise and go into the city. The “city” represents the Great City which is Sodom and Egypt. Once in the city, someone (ministers of Satan) there will tell him what he must do. At that point, the new believer becomes deceived and “falls away”.

From verse 7, we see that no one with Paul experienced what Paul did. This visitation by Christ is only for the person who has been “called out”. It is a spiritual event and happens “within” Paul.

After Paul stands up and opens his eyes, he “saw no man”. This blindness of Paul’s represents his spiritual blindness. Scripture goes on to say that Paul had to be led by the hand. This explains why a new believer readily follows the false doctrines presented to them in the church (the blind leading the blind). The new believer has no ability to follow Christ for themselves.

After Paul arrived in Damascus, verse 9 says that Paul remained blind and did not eat or drink for 3 days. Paul’s time of spiritual blindness and inability to eat the true bread from heaven or to drink the New Wine causes him to fall prey to Satan’s deceptions. He quickly “falls away” from faith and returns to “works” (2Thes 2:3). Because he rejects approaching Christ by faith alone, he commits the sin that leads to death. Now his new spiritual state is worse than his first when he was an unbeliever. He has become a Man of Sin under Satan’s influence.

This second set of verses below represents Paul’s conversion.
Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: 16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake. 17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. 18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized. 19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened.

Here we are told that Paul is “chosen” regardless of His current fallen away state and that Paul will bear Christ’s name to the world. All of God’s Chosen vessels will likewise bear Christ’s name to this world.

In verse 17, Christ (symbolized by Ananias) comes to Paul a second time and heals his spiritual blindness and gives him the Latter Rain of the Spirit. Because Paul’s blindness is healed, Christ “appears” to Him. Paul no longer needs to be told who Christ is because he can now see Christ for himself. Paul can now start eating “meat” (truth).

Once Paul receives his nourishment from Christ, the brightness of Christ’s appearing (truth) destroys Paul’s religious carnal nature (the Great city Babylon/Sodom/Egypt/earthly Jerusalem) which taught him to approach God through Works of the Law.

Rev 18:10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

Now that the Great City is destroyed within Paul, Paul is empowered by the Spirit to walk by faith in Christ (the New Wine/Blood of Christ), the true and narrow pathway that leads to God. He can now begin drinking the New Wine. The Man of Sin is now dead and a child of God is born.

Joe

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The reason they are rejected is because they are still under Law

Jesus said exactly why they were rejected. Forgive me for saying this but your making an assumption on why they were reject when Jesus specifically stated why they were rejected. Depart from Me you who practice lawlessness. That is the reason Jesus gave them for their condemnation. His explanation directly afterwards reveals His reasoning. Notice the very first word in verse 24 is “Therefore” which means that He is expounding in this message.

““Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:24-27‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

The message here is clearly one of obedience. Hearing His words and acting on them.

Upvote 0

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Especially when the religion is supposed to be the pillar of truth. That is like folks who believe everything their side of government says. Anything that leads away from the Gospel of the Kingdom is anti-Christ.

Dear timothyu,
I completely agree with you. But there is a problem. How can a person know that they are deceived? The very nature of deception makes it impossible for them to know. For that reason, the more than 2000 different church denominations all think that their version of the truth is right.

The solution: The second coming of Christ (the Latter Rain) will give a believer clear spiritual vision. It is only at that point when they can "look back" and know that they were deceived.

Below is where Christ teaches about spiritual understanding and when He gives it to us:

Mark 8:15-21 And he charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod. 16 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have no bread. 17 And when Jesus knew it, he saith unto them, Why reason ye, because ye have no bread? perceive ye not yet, neither understand? have ye your heart yet hardened? 18 Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember? 19 When I brake the five loaves among five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? They say unto him, Twelve. 20 And when the seven among four thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? And they said, Seven. 21 And he said unto them, How is it that ye do not understand?

In these verses, Christ is giving His disciples a lesson on spiritual language - His language. At this point in time (before Pentecost), the disciples have not received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit (Latter Rain) and were spiritually blind. They simply could not understand what Christ was teaching them. After Christ’s short lesson, He ends it by asking them this question: “How is it that ye do not understand”? No response from the Apostles is recorded in scripture. However, Christ answers His own question in the very next four verses.

Mark 8:22-25 And he cometh to Bethsaida; and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him. 23 And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought. 24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking. 25 After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.

Because Christ is the Word of God, He speaks to us not only through His words which are recorded in scripture but also by the things that He did. In answering the question that He proposed to the disciples in verse 21, He goes to Bethsaida and gives us His answer through the type and shadow of His healing of a blind man.

In these verses, Christ leads a blind man out of the city. Once outside the city, Christ places spit on his eyes and touches him with His hands. These actions occur as the blind man is looking down which symbolizes the carnal aspect of His healing. The “spit” (water) symbolizes the blind man receiving the Early Rain of the Spirit with its accompanying vision (understanding). After Christ asks him what he could see, the blind man looks up and says that he could see men walking as trees. "Walking as trees" is a symbol for Called Out believers of which the blind man is now one. The man’s blindness was not total any longer but he was still very near-sighted. This “first healing” of the blind man reflects our spiritual condition when we first enter the Church. At that time, we are left carnally minded and spiritually near-sighted. Peter says this condition is the same as being blind:

2Pet 4:19 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

In the final verse of the story, Christ lays His hands upon the man’s eyes again but this time, Christ has the man “look up”. This second healing represents the Latter Rain of the Spirit (second coming of Christ) when true spiritual vision is given to the believer. The man’s upward gaze represents this heavenly aspect of the healing in contrast to the carnal aspect when the blind man was looking down. From that moment onward, we know that the blind man is a “type” of a Called and Chosen believer.

Until this event happens in a believer's life, they cannot know if they are deceived or not. That is why the second coming of Christ to a called out believer is so important. Without it, they will remain deceived and approaching Christ by "works' instead of by faith alone.

Heb 9:28 So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Christ does not "appear" at the Early Rain. He only "appears" to us when He comes with the Latter Rain. That is our point of conversion (salvation).

Joe

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When an individual is Called Out from the world to follow Christ, Christ will come to them suddenly and without invitation. We do not have the free will ability to choose Christ as is commonly taught. If Christ does come to us in the present age, it will be a spiritual event that happens within us (Luke 17:21). Christ cannot be seen with human eyes.

Bless you friend, I believe we do have the free will to come to Christ or to deny Him. I believe that The Father has bestowed His grace to all men which is why Jesus died for all men and why He is the propitiation for the whole world’s sins. Romans 2:4-5 gives an example of people whom God has bestowed His grace upon and is being patient with them but they still refuse to repent and are building up the wrath of God for themselves on judgement day. Furthermore John 15:1-7 and 2 Timothy 2:11-13 give an indication that we do have the ability to turn away from Christ after we have come to know Him. So the free will is there for both those who are not in Christ and those who are in Christ to turn away. I believe that same free will is there as a result of God’s grace for us to accept Him as well otherwise Jesus wouldn’t have died for the world and He wouldn’t be the propitiation of the world’s sin.

Upvote 0

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said exactly why they were rejected. Forgive me for saying this but your making an assumption on why they were reject when Jesus specifically stated why they were rejected. Depart from Me you who practice lawlessness. That is the reason Jesus gave them for their condemnation. His explanation directly afterwards reveals His reasoning. Notice the very first word in verse 24 is “Therefore” which means that He is expounding in this message.

““Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:24-27‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

The message here is clearly one of obedience. Hearing His words and acting on them.

Dear BNR32FAN,
You are exactly right and I agree with you BUT for some reason, you are not understanding what I have been saying. These are "fallen away" believers who are rejected because they practice "lawlessness". Practicing lawlessness means that they are still under the Law. When a person is saved, they are no longer under Law and therefore cannot ever practice lawlessness.

There is only ONE sin that leads to death after a person receives the Early Rain and that is to "fall away" back to approaching Christ by "works". When a believer does this, they lose their salvation because they are not approaching Christ by faith alone. They have returned to their own works for salvation which is what carnal mankind has been trying to do since Adam. God rejects this approach to Him because "works" only makes us appear righteous from the outside. Christ is the only one who can make us truly righteous by cleaning the inside. It is all His work, 100% of it. And His work is "spiritual" which means it happens "within" us.

Here is where Christ taught the timing of when a believer comes out from under the Law. We all must follow this same path - God is not a respecter of persons.

John 8:3-10 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

A “woman” in scripture represents God’s wife. All who are “in Adam” will be “called” to be God’s wife.

Isa 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

From the very start of Adam’s creation, his marriage relationship with God was based upon faith. However, Adam was created spiritually weak, spiritually blind & carnal. Because of these flaws, Adam soon sinned by committing adultery with Satan (believing Satan instead of God). Rather than going to God in faith and asking for forgiveness, Adam turned to the ways of Satan and tried to hide (apron of fig leaves, filthy rags) his adultery through his own “works”. If Adam would have come to God in faith and simply asked for forgiveness, he would have been forgiven and the marriage relationship would have been restored. But Adam turned to his own works and strayed from approaching God by faith alone. Because of Adam’s adultery with Satan, the marriage ended and God cast him out of the Garden. Ever since that time, God has been working to restore His marriage relationship with mankind.

In the story from John 8:3-10, the woman represents Adam (all mankind). When Christ first writes in the earth it represents the time when He writes His law in our hearts.

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

It is the time of the Early Rain when we are “called out” by Christ to be restored to the Father by faith. However, Satan quickly comes to us and deceives us because we remain spiritually blind. Because of his deception, we fall away from faith alone and mix in our own works. This is the sin that leads to death and we remain under the Law. Because this happens, the Pharisees do not drop the stones after Christ first writes in the earth. The Law is still accusing us.

Then in verse 8, Christ stoops down again and writes His Law upon our hearts a second time (the Latter Rain). It is at this point that Christ heals our spiritual blindness and we come out from Satan’s deception. We begin to walk by faith alone and as a result, the Law can no longer accuse us. After this change from Law to Faith, the Pharisees drop their stones and leave. The Law is now of no effect over the woman (mankind) and we are restored to God.

Joe

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When a person is saved, they are no longer under Law
Not under the law of man, our ways but under the law of the Kingdom, God's ways (which puts the will of the Father ahead of the will of man, thus loving all as self)

Upvote 0

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bless you friend, I believe we do have the free will to come to Christ or to deny Him. I believe that The Father has bestowed His grace to all men which is why Jesus died for all men and why He is the propitiation for the whole world’s sins. Romans 2:4-5 gives an example of people whom God has bestowed His grace upon and is being patient with them but they still refuse to repent and are building up the wrath of God for themselves on judgement day. Furthermore John 15:1-7 and 2 Timothy 2:11-13 give an indication that we do have the ability to turn away from Christ after we have come to know Him. So the free will is there for both those who are not in Christ and those who are in Christ to turn away. I believe that same free will is there as a result of God’s grace for us to accept Him as well otherwise Jesus wouldn’t have died for the world and He wouldn’t be the propitiation of the world’s sin.

Dear BNR32FAN,
Scripture nowhere teaches that we have "free will" to accept Christ. I know that is a commonly taught belief but it is not true. No only is it not true, "free will" is the foundational belief that supports "works" which is the cause of a believer's "falling away".

In our created condition, no man seeks after God or understands Him. In fact, our carnal minds hate God:

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 3:10-11 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

In our flawed spiritual condition, no one can make a free will choice to accept Christ. It is not possible. Scripture even teaches that unless Christ comes to a person and gives them the gift of the Holy Spirit, they cannot ever call Jesus "Lord":

1 Cor 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit.

Since this verse is true and support by many other scriptures, how can any man "seek" out Christ and make a "free "will" decision to accept Him. God's Word says it is not possible.

Also, consider Paul's conversion. Scripture says that Paul's conversion is the PATTERN that everyone must follow to be saved. Paul hated Christ and was traveling on the Damascus Road to persecute Christians. He had no intention of "seeking" Christ or making a decision to accept Him as Lord. But all that change "suddenly" when Christ came to His temple (Paul) and gave Paul "gifts". One of the gifts was the Holy Spirit. Paul had no choice in the matter as to whether to accept it or reject it. In fact, Paul was not even aware that it was given to Him. But we know that it was because Paul fell to his knees and called Jesus "Lord". If Paul did not have the Holy Spirit, He would not have been able to call Jesus "Lord". There is no "free will" choice in the path to salvation as is commonly taught. Yes, we make a decision to accept Christ but it is CAUSED by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that Christ gives us WITHOUT our asking or permission.

Prov 16:1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.

Christ prepares our heart by giving us the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit gives us the answer of our tongue to accept Him as Lord. This event is called the Early Rain.

I know if you accept the truth of the verses, it will cause a great deal of conflict with many of your other beliefs but I can assure you, there are spiritual answers that will eliminate those conflicts. There is much more that I can say but if you can't accept the verses I've shown you, more verses will probably not help either.

I hope you receive this post in the spirit of love in which it was sent.
Joe

Upvote 0