Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matt 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work lawlessness.

What does Christ mean exactly by saying to these believers that He never knew them?

Can anyone think of an analogy used by Christ that "I never knew you" could apply to:?

Here are some possibilities (there may be more):

1). Christ as the great Healer
2). Christ as the good Farmer
3). Christ as the good Shepherd
4). The heir analogy
5). The marriage analogy

Below I will explore how it could relate to the marriage analogy. Don't take that to mean it is the best fit but that it is just one of the possibilities to explore.

For mankind in this present age to be saved, we must become the wife of Christ so that the new child of God can be born. When Christ says to these believers that He never “knew” them, He is saying that they are not is wife with whom He has produced offspring (child of God).

Please keep in mind that the analogy of a husband and wife used by Christ to teach how He saves each of His Elect is a spiritual analogy. That means it all happens "within" us. Mankind is the woman. When a person is "called out", they are betrothed to Christ. When Christ comes a second time to them, the marriage occurs. When the marriage is consummated, a new child of God is produced.

Here are some scriptures that teach this relationship between Christ and mankind:

Isa 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Someday, all mankind will spiritually become descendants of Abraham after they converted but only those saved in this present age will become the bride (wife) of Christ. They are the Firstfruits/Elect/Heirs/Overcomers/Chosen/Saints. Below are some scriptures that support my understanding:

The parable of the Ten Virgins is a detailed teaching on our marriage relationship with Christ.

Mat 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto TEN virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: But the wise took oil in flasks with their lamps. While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

The parable begins by showing us Ten Virgins. The term “Virgins” symbolizes all believers who have been “Called out from the world”. All ten virgins have received the Early Rain of the Spirit at this point but not the Latter Rain. The number TEN represents the completeness of their carnality. They have all been made “worse than before”.

The Lamp in verse 1 represents the Word of God (Christ/Truth) and the “Oil” with which it is filled represents the anointing of the Holy Spirit. This original filling of Oil in the lamps represent the Early Rain of the Spirit within each “called out” believer. The Light that the Lamp gives off is “truth” which lights the pathway to Christ.

Psa 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

The “truth” of the original filling of Oil that lights the way to Christ is the Old Covenant of Law (works).

Mat 25:2 And FIVE of them were Wise, and FIVE were Foolish.

The parable continues with two additional symbols: FIVE Wise Virgins and FIVE Foolish Virgins. The number FIVE is a symbol for the two ways mankind relates to God. Those two ways are by “works” (Old Covenant of Law) or by “faith” (New Covenant of Grace through Faith).

The FIVE Foolish Virgins represent those who have been Called Out but are not chosen to be the bride of Christ. They approach Christ by “works”. They will remain under the Law until their physical deaths.

The FIVE Wise Virgins represent those who have been Called Out and Chosen to be the Bride of Christ. They will for a time approach Christ by “works” alongside the 5 Foolish Virgins but they will eventually change their approach to “Grace through Faith”.

Mat 25:3-5 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4 But the wise took oil in flasks with their lamps. 5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

While the Ten Virgins wait for the Bridegroom to come a second time (the first time was when the betrothal was made/Early Rain), they all slumber & sleep and do not keep watch. The symbol “slumbered and slept” represents the time when we are spiritually blind and are spiritually dead. At this time, the Wise Virgins are no different from the Foolish Virgins. They too, are in a worsened spiritual state and still carry the Lamp that gives off the light of the Old Covenant of Law.

However, verse 4 lets us know that the 5 Wise Virgins are those who have been 'chosen from the foundation of the world" to be the Bride of Christ because they carry an extra flask of Oil.

Mat 25:6-9 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

At midnight, the deepest part of our spiritual darkness, the call goes out to announce the Bridegroom’s approach. This is the same call that was made by John the Baptist to the Nation of Israel and later by the Apostle John to “Called Out” Christian believers. It is a call to repent from the Works of the Law so as to prepare the way for us to receive Christ and the New Covenant.

When both the Wise Virgins and the Foolish Virgins hear “the voice of one crying in the wilderness(Luke 3:4) and “come out of her my people” (Rev 18:4), it tells them the Bridegroom is coming. They all awake from their slumber and trim their Lamps. As they do, the Lamps begin to go out. A second filling of Oil is needed. For the 5 wise Virgins, since they brought a second filling of Oil, they receive the Latter Rain of the Spirit and go out to meet Christ. They now start following the new light given off from the Lamp which represents the New Covenant of Grace through Faith. But because the 5 Foolish Virgins do not have a second filling of Oil, they are forced to “turn back” from whence they came. They will remain under Law.

This time of turning back is symbolized by Lot’s wife who turned back.

Luke 17:31-32 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. 32 Remember Lot's wife.

It is also shown to us in John 6:66 when some of the Christ’s disciples turned away from following Him after responding to the cry of John the Baptist.

John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

The 5 Foolish Virgins cannot continue on to meet the Bridegroom because they did not receive a second filling of Oil for their Lamps. This New Oil symbolizes the Latter Rain of the Holy Spirit which would have lighted their way to walk by the New Covenant of Grace through Faith. The 5 Foolish Virgins simply were not Chosen from the foundation of the world and had no choice but to remain under Law. Because they never became the wife of Christ, Christ never “knew” them so as to produce a new child of God. As a result, they remained under Law and were not saved.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ecc 11:1-5 Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. 2 Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth. 3 if the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth: and if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be. 4 He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap. 5 As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.

Two portions of bread are cast upon the waters. Bread is Truth (Christ). The first portion of bread goes to “seven” which is a reference to the complete carnality of mankind we have from birth. That same carnal nature is symbolized in the book of Revelation as a Seven-headed, 10 Horned Beast. This is the time when an unbeliever is called out from the
world (Early Rain). Then, a second portion of bread goes to “eight” because “thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth”. “Eight” is a reference to who we become by Satan’s deception. Satan makes mankind’s “last state” (Man of Sin) of carnality worse than the first. When this second portion of bread is given to “Eight”, this event brings the Latter Rain when true spiritual vision is given to the Called and Chosen believer and they are converted.

Ecc 11:5 goes on to give us more details of why the two portions of bread are given to mankind. The first section of verse 5 tells us that we do not know the way of the Spirit or how the child grows in the womb. As Paul said, Christ and His Church are a Great Mystery. The woman with child in verse 5 is a direct reference to the “Called Out Ones” who are in the process of birthing many new Sons of God. But before they do, they must make themselves “ready”. In other words, they must become a “chaste virgin” (2Cor 2:11) and switch from following the Old Covenant of Law (works) to the New Covenant of Faith. The verse finishes with another statement that says again that the “works of God who maketh all” is a mystery.

To summarize: God’s plan of producing His offspring through those He has Called Out requires TWO portions of bread (Early and Latter Rain). The first portion (Early Rain) comes to us while we are in our unbelieving carnal condition we have from birth (seven). The second portion (Latter Rain) comes to us after Satan has intervened and made our original carnal state worse than the first (eight).

After receiving both portions of bread (Early & Latter Rain), the “chaste virgin” (a Called and Chosen believer) is now ready to be married to Christ. After the marriage takes place, Christ “knows” His wife and a new babe in Christ is born.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gal 1:15-16 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Paul has already experienced the new birth. His “mother” is who he was from birth and who was under Law. The betrothal to Christ occurred at the time of Paul’s Early Rain experience on his way to Damascus. The marriage and new birth occurred three days later in Damascus when He received the Latter Rain and was “born” as a child of God.

Joe

Last edited:

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matt 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work lawlessness.

What does Christ mean exactly by saying to these believers that He never knew them?

Below is my understanding from scripture of what Christ meant. Can anyone add to it?

For mankind in this present age to be saved, we must become the wife of Christ so that the new child of God can be born. When Christ says to these believers that He never “knew” them, He is saying that they are not is wife with whom He has produced offspring (child of God).

Please keep in mind that the analogy of a husband and wife used by Christ to teach how He saves each of His Elect is a spiritual analogy. That means it all happens "within" us. Mankind is the woman. When a person is "called out", they are betrothed to Christ. When Christ comes a second time to them, the marriage occurs. When the marriage is consummated, a new child of God is produced.

Here are some scriptures that teach this relationship between Christ and mankind:

Isa 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Someday, all mankind will spiritually become descendants of Abraham after they converted but only those saved in this present age will become the bride (wife) of Christ. They are the Firstfruits/Elect/Heirs/Overcomers/Chosen/Saints. Below are some scriptures that support my understanding:

The parable of the Ten Virgins is a detailed teaching on our marriage relationship with Christ.

Mat 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto TEN virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: But the wise took oil in flasks with their lamps. While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

The parable begins by showing us Ten Virgins. The term “Virgins” symbolizes all believers who have been “Called out from the world”. All ten virgins have received the Early Rain of the Spirit at this point but not the Latter Rain. The number TEN represents the completeness of their carnality. They have all been made “worse than before”.

The Lamp in verse 1 represents the Word of God (Christ/Truth) and the “Oil” with which it is filled represents the anointing of the Holy Spirit. This original filling of Oil in the lamps represent the Early Rain of the Spirit within each “called out” believer. The Light that the Lamp gives off is “truth” which lights the pathway to Christ.

The “truth” of the original filling of Oil that lights the way to Christ is the Old Covenant of Law (works).

The parable continues with two additional symbols: FIVE Wise Virgins and FIVE Foolish Virgins. The number FIVE is a symbol for the two ways mankind relates to God. Those two ways are by “works” (Old Covenant of Law) or by “faith” (New Covenant of Grace through Faith).

The FIVE Foolish Virgins represent those who have been Called Out but are not chosen to be the bride of Christ. They approach Christ by “works”. They will remain under the Law until their physical deaths.

The FIVE Wise Virgins represent those who have been Called Out and Chosen to be the Bride of Christ. They will for a time approach Christ by “works” alongside the 5 Foolish Virgins but they will eventually change their approach to “Grace through Faith”.

Mat 25:3-5 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4 But the wise took oil in flasks with their lamps. 5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

While the Ten Virgins wait for the Bridegroom to come a second time (the first time was when the betrothal was made/Early Rain), they all slumber & sleep and do not keep watch. The symbol “slumbered and slept” represents the time when we are spiritually blind and are spiritually dead. At this time, the Wise Virgins are no different from the Foolish Virgins. They too, are in a worsened spiritual state and still carry the Lamp that gives off the light of the Old Covenant of Law.

However, verse 4 lets us know that the 5 Wise Virgins are those who have been 'chosen from the foundation of the world" to be the Bride of Christ because they carry an extra flask of Oil.

Mat 25:6-9 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

At midnight, the deepest part of our spiritual darkness, the call goes out to announce the Bridegroom’s approach. This is the same call that was made by John the Baptist to the Nation of Israel and later by the Apostle John to “Called Out” Christian believers. It is a call to repent from the Works of the Law so as to prepare the way for us to receive Christ and the New Covenant.

When both the Wise Virgins and the Foolish Virgins hear “the voice of one crying in the wilderness(Luke 3:4) and “come out of her my people” (Rev 18:4), it tells them the Bridegroom is coming. They all awake from their slumber and trim their Lamps. As they do, the Lamps begin to go out. A second filling of Oil is needed. For the 5 wise Virgins, since they brought a second filling of Oil, they receive the Latter Rain of the Spirit and go out to meet Christ. They now start following the new light given off from the Lamp which represents the New Covenant of Grace through Faith. But because the 5 Foolish Virgins do not have a second filling of Oil, they are forced to “turn back” from whence they came. They will remain under Law.

Luke 17:31-32 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. 32 Remember Lot's wife.

It is also shown to us in John 6:66 when some of the Christ’s disciples turned away from following Him after responding to the cry of John the Baptist.

John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

The 5 Foolish Virgins cannot continue on to meet the Bridegroom because they did not receive a second filling of Oil for their Lamps. This New Oil symbolizes the Latter Rain of the Holy Spirit which would have lighted their way to walk by the New Covenant of Grace through Faith. The 5 Foolish Virgins simply were not Chosen from the foundation of the world and had no choice but to remain under Law. Because they never became the wife of Christ, Christ never “knew” them so as to produce a new child of God. As a result, they remained under Law and were not saved.

Ecc 11:1-5 Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. 2 Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth. 3 if the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth: and if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be. 4 He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap. 5 As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.

Two portions of bread are cast upon the waters. Bread is Truth (Christ). The first portion of bread goes to “seven” which is a reference to the complete carnality of mankind we have from birth. That same carnal nature is symbolized in the book of Revelation as a Seven-headed, 10 Horned Beast. This is the time when an unbeliever is called out from the
world (Early Rain). Then, a second portion of bread goes to “eight” because “thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth”. “Eight” is a reference to who we become by Satan’s deception. Satan makes mankind’s “last state” (Man of Sin) of carnality worse than the first. When this second portion of bread is given to “Eight”, this event brings the Latter Rain when true spiritual vision is given to the Called and Chosen believer and they are converted.

Ecc 11:5 goes on to give us more details of why the two portions of bread are given to mankind. The first section of verse 5 tells us that we do not know the way of the Spirit or how the child grows in the womb. As Paul said, Christ and His Church are a Great Mystery. The woman with child in verse 5 is a direct reference to the “Called Out Ones” who are in the process of birthing many new Sons of God. But before they do, they must make themselves “ready”. In other words, they must become a “chaste virgin” (2Cor 2:11) and switch from following the Old Covenant of Law (works) to the New Covenant of Faith. The verse finishes with another statement that says again that the “works of God who maketh all” is a mystery.

To summarize: God’s plan of producing His offspring through those He has Called Out requires TWO portions of bread (Early and Latter Rain). The first portion (Early Rain) comes to us while we are in our unbelieving carnal condition we have from birth (seven). The second portion (Latter Rain) comes to us after Satan has intervened and made our original carnal state worse than the first (eight).

After receiving both portions of bread (Early & Latter Rain), the “chaste virgin” (a Called and Chosen believer) is now ready to be married to Christ. After the marriage takes place, Christ “knows” His wife and a new babe in Christ is born.

Gal 1:15-16 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Paul has already experienced the new birth. His “mother” is who he was from birth and who was under Law. The betrothal to Christ occurred at the time of Paul’s Early Rain experience on his way to Damascus. The marriage and new birth occurred three days later in Damascus when He received the Latter Rain and was “born” as a child of God.

Joe
Interesting writing however, we are always known as the "Bride" not as the wife. I believe there is a difference and will study this further. If you find scrpture labeling Christians as wives that would be great! I think the main difference is a bride and virgin are pure vs a wife that is no longer a virgin or pure. My guess anyway.
Blessings.

Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Good Study!
Here is a statement Paul makes that should be relevant:
Knowledge Puffs Up, Love Builds Up.

1 Corinthians 8:
And if anyone thinks that he knows anything,
he knows nothing yet as he ought to know.
3 But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.

John 14:15 If you love Me, keep My commandments.
John 15:10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love,
just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

It always comes back to obedience.
Matthew 7:
Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name,
cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?

23 And then I will declare to them, I never knew you; depart from Me,
you who practice lawlessness!

1 John 4:
19 We love Him because He first loved us.
20 If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love
his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.

Freely You Have Received, Freely Give! Mt. 10:8

Upvote 0

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting writing however, we are always known as the "Bride" not as the wife. I believe there is a difference and will study this further. If you find scrpture labeling Christians as wives that would be great! I think the main difference is a bride and virgin are pure vs a wife that is no longer a virgin or pure. My guess anyway.
Blessings.

Dear Maria,
Thanks for your response.

What good is a bride who does not marry??? If a called out believer does not marry Christ (spiritually speaking) and produce the new child of God, they cannot be saved in this age as a First-fruit of Christ's harvest of mankind.

The first verse I posted plainly says that we are to be the wife of Christ.

Christ is our Maker & Redeemer and He will also be our "husband". This makes us His wife. Even though this verse is directed toward the Nation of Israel (descendants of Abraham), once converted, we all become descendants of Abraham and that is why Christ will also be called the "God of the whole earth". All mankind will someday be Abraham's descendants and their number will be as the stars and more than any man can count (Rev 7).

Also, a few verses earlier, scripture says this:

Isa 54:1 Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.

The "children of the desolate" are children of the devil. They are the 5 foolish virgins. They were called out and came under Satan's deception and made desolate (Daniel's abomination of desolation). Since they were not chosen, they never received the Latter Rain of the Spirit and had to turn back from whence they came. They never were able to meet the Bridge groom (Christ) and become His wife. And if they were not His wife, they could not produce the "children" of the married wife who are children of God (the First-fruits).

The children of the desolate are more in number than the children of the married wife. This verse applies:

Matt 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Many are called out into the church but only a few are chosen to be born as children of the married wife.

Joe

Upvote 0

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Study!
Here is a statement Paul makes that should be relevant:
Knowledge Puffs Up, Love Builds Up.

1 Corinthians 8:
And if anyone thinks that he knows anything,
he knows nothing yet as he ought to know.
3 But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.

John 14:15 If you love Me, keep My commandments.
John 15:10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love,
just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

Matthew 7:

22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name,

1 John 4:
19 We love Him because He first loved us.
20 If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love
his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.

Freely You Have Received, Freely Give! Mt. 10:8

Dear Minister Monardo,
Thanks for your response but I don't see the relevance of the verses you posted as they relate to Mat 7:23.

Only Jesus Christ is obedient to the Father. Mankind is not and can never be. Once Christ dwells in us, we share in His obedience. In our created state, we are sinning machines and are headed for destruction. Only Christ is perfect and without sin. Unless we are "in Christ", we do not share in His perfection or obedience. This is a different analogy than the analogy of our marriage relationship with Christ.
Joe

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What good is a bride who does not marry??? If a called out believer does not marry Christ (spiritually speaking) and produce the new child of God, they cannot be saved in this age as a First-fruit of Christ's harvest of mankind.
I understand however every Holy Spirit filled Christian is already clothed in white and made righteous thus married to Him. One and the same. The new child is the regeneration we experience through His Holy Spirit while in the flesh. On the last day we join the bridegroom in purity having our sins washed away by His blood.

Upvote 0

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand however every Holy Spirit filled Christian is already clothed in white and made righteous thus married to Him. One and the same. The new child is the regeneration we experience through His Holy Spirit while in the flesh. On the last day we join the bridegroom in purity having our sins washed away by His blood.

Dear Maria,
Yes, after a "called out" Christian receives the Latter Rain and is "made ready as a chaste bride, we are clothed in white (the righteousness of Christ) and are then married to Christ.

Paul taught using this marriage analogy:

2Cor 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

After receiving the Early Rain, we are “espoused” (betrothed) to Christ and are awaiting His return for the marriage (Latter Rain, the second coming of Christ). Paul is working to present his flock as a chaste virgin to Christ when He returns to each of them (if they are chosen). This analogy of Paul’s is the same as the 5 Wise Virgins who go out to meet the bridegroom. To meet Christ, they must walk by faith and not by "works" as they had been doing. This is an example of how Paul teaches in a “mystery” using the same spiritual language as Christ.

The new child in Christ is produced from the marriage. We are both the wife and the child.

You said "on the last day we join the bridegroom". What "last day" are you referring to and what verse teaches it?
Joe

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Rev 21:9 Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, “Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God,

• Useful
Reactions: Navair2
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Dear Minister Monardo,
Thanks for your response but I don't see the relevance of the verses you posted as they relate to Mat 7:23.

Only Jesus Christ is obedient to the Father. Mankind is not and can never be. Once Christ dwells in us, we share in His obedience. In our created state, we are sinning machines and are headed for destruction. Only Christ is perfect and without sin. Unless we are "in Christ", we do not share in His perfection or obedience. This is a different analogy than the analogy of our marriage relationship with Christ.
Joe
he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven
Are you saying that the scriptures posted do not pertain to doing the will of Our heavenly
Father?
Matthew 7:

The text that you originated your post from says nothing about being a bride.
It speaks of doing the Father's Will, or the Son will say, "I never knew you".

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Below is my understanding from scripture of what Christ meant. Can anyone add to it?

Joe

I believe the term “I never knew you” refers to them never having an intimate relationship with Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: Navair2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 7:

Amen but you cut that message off a bit short because He had more to say on that exact subject my friend.

Christ continues that message with

““Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:24-27‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

• Agree
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rev 21:9 Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, “Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God,

Dear timothyu,
Thanks for sharing that verse. And in the last chapter it says:

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

This call made by the "Spirit and the bride" is the same call that Christ made on the last day of the Feast of Tabernacles:

John 7:37-38 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

The Feast of Tabernacles is the feast that celebrates the full harvest at the end of the growing season. That is the time when the last of the harvest is completed and it "types" the time when the full harvest of mankind is completed at the end of the final age. It gives us an idea of what role the First-Fruits (the bride) play in Christ's plan of salvation for mankind.
Joe

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock
In a word:"obedient".
Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them
In a word: "lawless".
Still nothing about being a bride.

Hebrews 5:
though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him.

The Church as the Bride of Christ is the perfection of beauty, and His accomplishment.
Matthew 7:21-27 is about being a good and faithful servant.

I don't see the relevance of the verses you posted as they relate to Mat 7:23.

You want to make this about being the bride, but trying to exclude the scriptures quoted as not
relevant is a contradiction. Christ died so that we could live a life that is in the Will of the Father.

Luke 1:
To perform the mercy promised to our fathers
And to remember His holy covenant,
73 The oath which He swore to our father Abraham:
74 To grant us that we,
Being delivered from the hand of our enemies,
Might serve Him without fear,
75 In holiness and righteousness before Him all the days of our life.

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that the scriptures posted do not pertain to doing the will of Our heavenly
Father?

The text that you originated your post from says nothing about being a bride.
It speaks of doing the Father's Will, or the Son will say, "I never knew you".

Dear Monardo,
Yes, they pertain but it is "Christ in us" who is obedient. I just wanted to make that point.

Also, "I never knew you" is a reference to the marriage analogy and that is what my post was covering.
Joe

• Friendly
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe the term “I never knew you” refers to them never having an intimate relationship with Christ.

Dear BNR32FAN,
That is exactly my understanding of it, too.
Thanks,
Joe

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FaithWillDo

Jan 5, 2021
Fort Collins, Colorado
✟31,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hebrews 5:
9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him.

The Church as the Bride of Christ is the perfection of beauty, and His accomplishment.

You want to make this about being the bride, but trying to exclude the scriptures quoted as not
relevant is a contradiction. Christ died so that we could live a life that is in the Will of the Father.

Luke 1:
74 To grant us that we,

Dear Minister Monardo,
I don't disagree with you, but "obedience" wasn't the point I was making from the verse.

Here is the spiritual meaning of "knew":

Mat 1:25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Christ's words are spirit and the spiritual meaning of "knew" in this context is referring to intimate relations. And in Mat 7:23, it means the same thing and is a reference to the marriage analogy of Christ saving His First-Fruits.
Joe

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear Minister Monardo,
I don't disagree with you, but "obedience" wasn't the point I was making from the verse.

Here is the spiritual meaning of "knew":

Mat 1:25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Christ's words are spirit and the spiritual meaning of "knew" in this context is referring to intimate relations. And in Mat 7:23, it means the same thing and is a reference to the marriage analogy of Christ saving His First-Fruits.
Joe

Yes this verse is exactly what I based my interpretation on.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You said "on the last day we join the bridegroom". What "last day" are you referring to and what verse teaches it?
Joe
In The New Jerusalem described in Revelation where we will live and reign with Him forever.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hebrews 5:

Luke 1:
74 To grant us that we,

I’m actually in a discussion right now with a person who claims that the people in Matthew 7:21 “were trying to be justified by their self effort”. Poor guy fell so far off the mark on that one.

Upvote 0